PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Avengers Alliance 2012-2016

redzimmer
2016-09-01, 02:49 PM
Another 2016 "death", this time the Facebook browser game Marvel Avengers Alliance.

Please cross fingers and wish no other things you like will have their plugs pulled this year. Certain webcomics for instance...

Kitten Champion
2016-09-01, 04:54 PM
Another 2016 "death", this time the Facebook browser game Marvel Avengers Alliance.

Please cross fingers and wish no other things you like will have their plugs pulled this year. Certain webcomics for instance...

I think this is more Disney wanting to leave the gaming space. I haven't been super-glued to news about this, but I am tangentially aware that they've shelved Disney Infinity and cancelled Star Wars titles studios were working on in what I think is a general exit strategy from the market.

Kato
2016-09-01, 05:19 PM
As the game has been one of my guilty-ish pleasures I'm torn between sad and happy...

I guess it makes sense to drop and investment with little returns but I feel they hardly need to put any money into this for it to further bring in revenue. And didn't they even make a sequel? Or was that droppes already?

(Also, shouldn't this be in gaming?)

Moak
2016-09-02, 10:09 AM
They just published MAA2... about april this year?

When I logged into MAA I tought "well, they are trying to compact the user base into MAA2". But no. BOTH got cancelled.

Just now that I was starting to be decent and to actually finish spec ops!

well, life goes on, as they say...

Dorath
2016-09-02, 07:06 PM
Quite a few of my friends that play quit immediately after the announcement. I haven't decided yet.