PDA

View Full Version : Movies Guardians (2017)

BWR
2016-09-02, 04:56 AM
So Russia has decided to hop on board the superhero movie train with Guardians (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIc0NqjOPgc).
I'm looking forward to it. I don't know if I want a straight-forward superhero romp or something a bit more ambiguous in tone and content (as I tend to, rightly or wrongly, perceive Russian fiction of being), but either way the action looks good and when it comes right down to it, a good superhero movie needs good action.

Hopeless
2016-09-02, 06:12 AM
Didn't realise no one had posted about this here!
Looks potentially great provided you can get past the bad dubbing!
Hopefully the released movie won't be similarly messed up!

Hope they succeed enough to make a sequel as I'd love them meet their American counterparts with the story that another hero has appeared in Canada forcing both teams to head there to meet this neophyte hero!

Is there any tropes that cover the possibility that the new hero turns out to be a woman posing as a man to hide her identity and was raised by her Russian Grandfather who hid her rather than allow her to be inducted into their research program?

Make it ironic by having her know the Earthkinetic Monk from her childhood so whilst the Americans and Russians fight each other the neophyte hero(ine) greets the Earthkinetic completely averting the heroic team up involving them fight each other!

BWR
2016-09-02, 06:33 AM
If it makes it to the big screen over here (and I hope it will), dubbing won't be a problem since only children's movies are dubbed and even then there are always original lang+sub versions shown in at least equal number.

So far the Earthbender looks like he will be my favorite power-wise and the fight with not-Bane seems like it will be the sort of titan brawl I like.
Their not-Flash looks pretty cool too. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vteA3NL5CXM)

Rogar Demonblud
2016-09-02, 02:28 PM
Werebear with heavy weapons! Do you really need another sell point in this country?

lord_khaine
2016-09-02, 02:49 PM
Dam it looks badass, and yeah seems like their speedster is going to be absurdly powerful.

t209
2016-09-02, 03:42 PM
Hope they succeed enough to make a sequel as I'd love them meet their American counterparts with the story that another hero has appeared in Canada forcing both teams to head there to meet this neophyte hero!
Well, Marvel has Alpha Flight for Canadians.