PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [Carrion Hill] 3-characters VS the Beast (Advice requested)

Eldonauran
2016-09-02, 10:13 AM
Greetings fellow players in the Playground!

Our normal session of Giantslayer has been interrupted this coming Sunday due to a fellow player having to make a trip out of state for the weekend. Our DM has decided to run a one shot adventure in our normal 6 hour slot instead of rescheduling. That game is Carrion Hill, which I have never played. I would like to get some (non-spoiler-y) advice about what to prepare for and some advice on our party composition. We are to be level 5. Only things I know about Carrion Hill is that it is in Ustalev, and we might face some of the same type of weird creatures that we fought in Carrion Crown. So, I'm guessing a little bit of undead, definitely some aberrations, and an ooze or two.

Player 1: Human Unchained Barbarian with Reckless Stance (and able to share it with the group, +2 hit, -2 AC). Uses greatsword, power attack and Furious Focus. Focuses on smashing things with impunity. Pretty good will save for a Barbarian.

Player 2: Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean. Focus on buffing, TWF with rapier and tankard (love that feat!). He has Enlarge Person :smallamused:. He's mostly Dex focused and blew a lot of his gold on Mithril Chainmail, but has a respectable Str. Also, he bought a wand of cure light wounds, so we already love him.

Player 3 (me): Half-elf Skald (Totemic Skald/Wyrm Singer*) VMC Barbarian. Chosen totem is the Bull. I'll be picking up Lingering Performance and Extra Rage power (Lesser Fiendish Totem) to get a natural attack during a rage. Important spells are probably going to be Mirror Image (our AC will collectively suck), especially when I use Blood rage (up to +10 Str, -5 AC). Allegro for tasty haste goodness while performing. I dumped WIS to 7 but between Dual Minded, good base save, +1 trait, cape of free will, and rage/song bonuses, I think I'll do just fine.

So, pretty melee heavy, though we have most of our bases covered. I have enough skill points (thanks to background skills) to be a trap-monkey if needed, though only 12 Dex. We can get a collective +5 to Hit, +3 Dmg, -3 AC (draconic rage only gives -1 AC) when we kick it into gear (Reckless Stance, Draconic Rage + Bull Totem), not counting any other bonuses the cleric provides with spells like Prayer (+1 luck).

*Wyrm Singer is from Legacy of Dragons