PDA

View Full Version : Machinesmith Variant (Mech Pilot) (Assistance Greatly Required)

PapaQuackers
2016-09-02, 02:50 PM
Hi guys, I'm about to start a Pathfinder campaign and I have a long time friend in it who's really interested in playing a Gnome who pilots a steam powered mech. I'm pretty open to homebrew and no one else in the group minded so I said I'd see what I can do.

At first I was going to try and make one from scratch because I couldn't find anything that fit what I wanted, but then I stumbled upon this baby.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/louis-porter-jr-design/machinesmith

This is nearly perfect, my plan is to remove the Greatworks section and replace it with a pilot-able mech.

Here are some of the tenants that I'd like to incorporate and I'd really like some help on the mechanical end or just some suggestions.

-3 Separate types of mechs
*Samurai- HD 10, Sword weapon, medium AC, Full BAB, No Long Range Weaponry, Quick Dashes, High Analytical Power.
*Blaster- Blasting weapon that can be charged (Think Megaman Buster), long range missiles, low AC, HD 8, Medium BAB
*Knight- HD 12, Unarmed, High AC, Low BAB, Monster Attracting, Magic Nullification, Ally Protection

I want to keep it so the mechs have 4 different systems that have 4 separate health pools that all share the same HD, for example if it's a D12 and they have 12 HP the four systems will have 3 HP each. I'm going to divide it into Head, Torso, Arms, Legs. If a system reaches 0 HP it functions at half capacity, if it gets to -10 the system is irreparably damaged and must be rebuilt at high cost.

I also want to have a heat system where each augmentation of the mechs that you'll get later on and activate I.E. Targeting Scanners, Missiles, Energy Shields, ect. Generate heat in your mech that can cause it to become more powerful for a short period before overheating and becoming inert for a number of rounds. (Think Rumble from League of Legends.)

I will post more details shortly, and I actually need to get this done by tonight but I would really love some feed back, advice, and things to avoid so I can make something balanced as quickly as possible while still meeting the player's needs.