PDA

View Full Version : Mileage out of Charisma, Swashbuckler/Sorc/Warlock

Degwerks
2016-09-02, 03:34 PM
Trying to get the most "personality" out of maxing out Cha & Dex. Without using any feats, which sucks in our campaign, what levels and what ASI's should be taken first for this 1/2elf. What spells, spell combos, and tactics to use?

The end result of the build should be something like Swashbuckler 9/ Draconic Fire? Sorcerer 8/ Warlock Undying Light 2/ Bard 1.

I was wanting to capitalize on the double Cha bonus to GFB, and also Readying an action with GFB to get SA dice and fire bonus each turn on an enemy. Plus having both dex & cha to initiative.

Basically every time on my turn, quicken a GFB for 4d8+15, plus SA; move away 5ft; ready another GFB spell to attack him if he closes distance to me for another 4d8+15 + SA. So my turn and reaction on his for 8d8+30 + 10d6 SA.

Or use a Quickened BB first to start off the melee; move away 5ft; ready a GFB if he closes distance. Hopefully it does initial BB + SA, rider effect BB from move, and reactionary GFB + SA. So around 12d8+ 20 + 10d6 SA.

Also if out spell points or if an ally also threatens him, I use Dissonant Whispers to force a OA for both of us. Tasha's Hideous Laughter to get advantage for party or maybe just incapacitate for a bit. Dissonant Whisper for also when I really need to get out of the way, force his move, I move and Cunning Action Dash.

Warlock is there for spells like: hex, hellish rebuke, armor of agathys, eldritch blast; also agonizing blast & devils sight; cha to fire & radiant; and short rest replenish of 1st lvl spells to barely recharge spell points thru the day.

Bard for some heals which would be minimal, a skill, and Dissonant & Tashas & Faerie Fire spells.

Depending on the combat and any time to prepare, I also could just twin a Haste or Greater Invis spell. I'm sure there's other things but with only one attack normally, I'll have to try for advantage as much as possible.

Draco4472
2016-09-02, 03:44 PM
A Swahsorlock?

Interesting idea, especially with GFB. I would value BB over ot though, to take advantage of the swashbuckler's ability to move away from a target they w/ a melee attack without needing to take an attack of oppertunity.

Degwerks
2016-09-02, 04:36 PM
Yeah I was just leaning towards GFB for the extra fire dmg the sorcerer/warlock added to it. I could just drop draconic fire and go storm sorcerer, giving me a thunder, lightning, and radiant resistance. Also drop Undying Light for a different patron too. Could switch from 1/2 elf to either Assimar for 4 resistances or tiefling.

Degwerks
2016-09-02, 06:36 PM
Might as well go Teifling for a few long rest replenish spells & cantrip & fire resistance. Sticking with Undying Light warlock & storm sorcerer would give me 4 elemental resistances.

With evasion on a failed save i'd take only 1/4 of the regular damage from a flame strike, lightning, fire, or moonbeam spell. If I had a reaction left I could use Uncanny Dodge to further reduce it.