PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Herald Caller of Bes (Ancient Osirion Deity): Summon Monster List Help

Levism84
2016-09-02, 04:27 PM
I am building a Herald Caller of the Ancient Osirion deity Bes, from the Pathfinder Adventure Path #80: Empty Graves (Mummy's Mask 2 of 6). The Divine Heralds ability states a herald caller can only summon "creatures particularly appropriate to her deity." Using the rules presented, I wanted to make sure my list of summon monsters was legal.

Bes, also known as the Guardian Fool, is a neutral good deity. His portfolio encompasses households, luck, marriage, and protection; watching over pregnant women and women enduring childbirth, as well as children. He has the Community, Earth, Good, Luck, and Protection domains and the Agathion, Caves, Defense, Family, Home, and Imagination subdomains. His sacred animal is a lion. In the Adventure Path description, he is mentioned as being the "guardian of sleep, protecting against evil spirits and all manner of dangerous beast, from scorpions and snakes to lions and crocodiles." He is also said to be "popular among bards, professional performers, and serving boys and girls" and is seen as "the patron of music, dance, and sexual pleasure."

Also, just for added character information, I was going to have the cleric (NG) take the Luck domain with the Imagination subdomain.

I am fairly certain I would be safe adding earth elementals, celestial lions, and celestial dire lions to the list of summon monsters. However, I am not sure what agathions or other creatures can be used, either with or without taking additional feats (such as Expanded Summon Monster). I think I might be able to use angels because Bes is good, but I don't know if there are more angels available than those on the summon monster list.

If I add angels from the summon monster list, this leaves me with:

SM I: none
SM II: earth elemental (small)
SM III: none
SM IV: celestial lion, earth elemental (medium), earth mephit
SM V: celestial dire lion, earth elemental (large)
SM VI: earth elemental (huge)
SM VII: earth elemental (greater)
SM VIII: earth elemental (elder)
SM IX: astral deva

Any help filling out my list would be appreciated. In particular I want to know how to add agathions and other angels/elementals to my list of summon monsters, as well as what other feats I could take to make such monsters better.

Thanks in advance.