PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder weapon/shiled enhancements that have a gp cost

digiman619
2016-09-03, 12:22 AM
How does the adaptive weapon enhancement, or any with a cost in "+<X amount of gp>" rather than a "+X bonus" work? Do they count toward the limits on weapon enhancements (i.e., max +5 in enhancement bonus, +5 in enhancements)? Does it count toward beating DR/epic (which in Pathfinder is total bonus of +6 or better)? If a player finds one of these to his or her liking and is of a class that interacts with weapon enhancements (Magus and arcane pool, Warpriest and sacred weapon, Soulknife and mind blades), how much do they "cost" to use for them( if they're allowed to use them at all) ? I'm the one in our group that knows Pathfinder well, and I don't know who else to ask. I'd look in the RAW thread, but the variable gp cost as well as the vagueness of "gp" and "weapon enhancement" might to generic to find without really digging.

avr
2016-09-03, 01:02 AM
You need a +1 or greater enhancement bonus before you can add fixed gold piece cost enchantments but otherwise they don't interact with any of the things you named. They don't count to limits, to DR/epic, and if they can be added by classes which can enchant their weapons (I'm not aware of any which can) then the class feature would need to define how much enhancement bonus added they would cost.