PDA

View Full Version : [Forgotten Realms]Keep on the Shadowfell

zever
2016-09-03, 03:56 AM
A light drizzle falls on the roof of the Gilded Lady as our adventurers await after a good night of sleep.
They had need that after the Kale caravan they were protecting got attacked by a Thay red wizard (https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/ef/68/35/ef68352418e33d85db85908f9f293de6.jpg).
The attack was fierce and most of the caravan and some of the guardians got destroyed, but the attacker never got to his main target to succeed in his mission.
After fending off the attack, 5 characters emerged from the remains of the caravan. Upon closer inspection of the body of the red wizard, they found a note (http://imgur.com/a/ly94O) and 200 gold pieces.

They stumbled their way to Highmoon where the owner of the Gilded Lady provided beds for them. This is where they find themselves now, slowly waking up and getting ready to go for breakfast.

ManInACandyVan
2016-09-03, 07:27 AM
The paladin's nictitating membrane opens slowly. The first thing many would do in the morning would be to stretch, or yawn, or go back to bed for another hour.

Not Amon Kale.

He surveys the room; the girl, his ward, shared in the room with him. It was what the paladin insisted on. He checked the doors, the windows, and the hallways outside.

If all is well, he lumbers over to the child and wakes her gently. "Wake, little one. We shouldn't linger in one place too long." Though Amon doesn't show it, he is famished. The others must be starving. "Let's get something to eat and be on our way."

However, if the paladin notices something, he readies himself defensively.

zever
2016-09-03, 07:34 AM
Amon doesn't notice anything out of the ordinary when doing his morning routine. The rain falls softly while the smells of breakfast come wafting from the kitchen together with soft noises, everything is still peaceful this morning.

Reality Glitch
2016-09-03, 08:52 AM
Argee wokes abruptly, full of energy. He was so exhausted from the previous day (was it only one day? He can never be sure any more) that he almost collapsed trying to get into bed. Fortunately, that means he doesn't have to make it, or pack up his stuff as those tasks were never undone from the last time.

Remembering the caravan attack (and of a grown man's extremely unsettling insistence of having the little girl in his room) Argee went to knock on Dragonborn's door.

"Sir Kale; if I'm not mistaken, the city as a whole was not the target but a specific location with in it. I'm ready to go sans a good meal. I'll meat you down there."

Argee steps back from the door and pauses to see if it opens.

onlie2005
2016-09-03, 09:50 AM
It was hard to believe that around a month ago, Maria was a normal, 9 year old little human girl with a penchant for magic and research. But being targetted by assassins and her entire family being slaughtered had now turned the once bright and energetic child into a somber and somewhat shellshocked husk of what she originally was. The attack by the red wizard only served to darken her mood and emotions. But yet there was something about her that would surprise most adults, a certain inner courage and resolve that enabled her to hold her own despite her vulnerability and innocence. In spite of all the tragedy, she was still managing to live on, keeping her wits about her and in some ways starting to fight back against the forces that conspired against her. She showed it when the red wizard attacked. Mind you she still needed the help of her guards but she also started casting spells to defend herself and her newfound family against evil. It was as if all the rage and grief within her came to a head and she unleashed her fury, no matter how insignificant against the enemy mage, with a vengeance even if she did not realize it. It was also why she was so quick to fall asleep once they arrived at the Gilded Lady Inn after eating dinner. Spellcasting tended to do that to her, take a lot of energy and wear her down.

So a good nights sleep was in order. She had not slept soundly in days and now she was able to get up with more energy and felt much better because of it. After rubbing her eyes to wake up more she gets up and does her usual daily routine of washing her face, before getting her backpack and nodding to the dragonborn indicating that she was ready. Since she slept with her clothes on, there was no need to change.

Do we have to leave right away? I'm hungry. Besides I need to prepare a new set of spells for the day.

Reality Glitch
2016-09-03, 10:30 AM
"I'm going to eat right now if you wish to join me."

Malacronious
2016-09-03, 12:05 PM
As a moon elf, Yezmir had little need for sleep. Still in rags and broken shackles, she sat in a trance throughout the entirety of the evening and into the morning impatiently awaiting another Tel'Quessir to come through the Inn's doors. Her thoughts focused solely on getting home to her family in Evermeet where she might properly grieve the death of her sister Yarielle. She didn't eat or drink, despite being starved and dehydrated. She had not fully even allowed the events that had transpired for the past few years to settle into reality. Now that she was actually free, it was as if it were all just a surreal nightmare though the steel shackles still clamped around her wrists were enough of a reminder that it wasn't. Especially the worst bits. They were all really dead, the entire squad, dead. Even Yarielle. Her dear sister Yarielle.

Just Focus on getting home, Yezmir thought to herself as she began pushing all of the pain and tears back into the box. This wasn't the place to bring those memories up. She would be able to reflect properly once home.

As the sun began to rise, Yezmir pestered the Inn's owner. "Excuse me. Excuse me please. Thank you for the kind accommodations. I do not wish to bother you further but I simply must find out if you know of anyone soon to arrive to the Gilded Lady that might help me get to Evermeet? Perhaps you know of other Tel'Quessir, pardon me, I mean Elves that live near here? I need to find passage back to Evermeet. You must help me please, I am truly desperate!"

zever
2016-09-03, 02:59 PM
The bartender looks curiously at the desperate elf:
Why don't you first take a breakfast? A lot of travelers come in here and one of them might be able to help you out. If not, you can always test your luck on the high market. Merchants from all around come there to trade, so some fellow elves might be between them. In any case, it seems better to start on such a travel with a full stomach, wouldn't you say? the bartender answers the elf.

At the moment the inn was still almost empty, since it was still early morning. A low fire is burning in the hearth, and a lone man is sitting in the corner with a plate and a pint.

Malacronious
2016-09-03, 04:15 PM
"Fine, I guess I might as well." Yezmir playfully scowled at the bartender. He was right, of course, but she didn't have to like it. The elf turned to look the room over. She took a deep breath and exhaled. Better make the best of this, she thought to herself, looking for something that might lift her spirits. The fire looks cozy...sort of. Noticing a perfect spot next to the hearth where she could sit and eat, Yezmir turned back towards the bartender with a smile. "So, do you have any fruit? Its been so long since I have had some fresh fruit. And...some water, water would be great. Please." As Yezmir began to turn away, she remembered her manners. "Oh, I didn't catch your name by the way. I'm Yezmir, Yezmir Nightstar." The moon elf bowed gracefully, well, as gracefully as a beautiful elf such as herself could in such filthy rags and broken shackles.

onlie2005
2016-09-03, 05:32 PM
Maria was not known for patience at times. Although she was not really impolite by nature. She was humble enough to understand that the dragonborn was there to protect her. But she also was hungry. Her stomach was growling.

Come on Ammon. Let's get some breakfast.

Maria will open the door, though she will make sure she is within reaching distance of Ammon, and head downstairs. She is slow and deliberate so that the dragonborn is always at her side.

sithdrummer
2016-09-04, 01:31 AM
Ledrian looks up from his meditation, hearing familiar sounds from the hallway. Talking himself out of his reverie, he mumbles, "It appears that the others are awake. I'd hate to be late and look the fool." He peeks out into the hall to confirm it, where he meets Kale's eyes and shares a curt nod. "Typical Kale, all business," he says as he slides on his shoes. Grabbing his pack with one hand, he opens the door with the other, smoothly slips out of his room, and strides downstairs to join everyone at the breakfast table. "Yezmir, good morning!" he exclaims as he sights the fellow elf.

zever
2016-09-04, 02:30 AM
The bartender nods at Yezmir: I will look if we have some fruit in the back. He gives her a glass of water and heads out to the back.

While the others slowly make their decent in the common room, they find it to be almost empty. A lone man is sitting in the corner finishing his breakfast and an elf with ragged clothes that some of you might recognize from the caravan is sitting at the table close to a low-burning hearth fire with a glass of water. The bartender seems to be gone for the moment.

Malacronious
2016-09-04, 10:48 AM
With water in hand, Yezmir turned and walked towards a spot next to the hearth. She looked towards the man sitting in the corner of the room and smiled. "Hello." Yezmir said as she slid a chair close enough to the hearth that she could get her hands nice and close to the low flame. Her eyes fixed on the fire, mesmerized by its simplicity. Just then, a familiar face approached and welcomed her. Yezmir looked up at Ledrian and replied in elven, "Good morning to you Ledrian! Join me next to the hearth won't you? I trust you rested better than I?"

zever
2016-09-04, 12:59 PM
The man in the corner nods curtly at the elf and then continues eating, minding his own business as the others descend the stairs and get to the common room.

onlie2005
2016-09-04, 03:29 PM
Maria, still making sure that the her dragonborn guardian is still near her heads to the bar. She sits in one of the stools, as far away from the entrance as possible and waits for the innkeeper to return and take her order.

Reality Glitch
2016-09-04, 08:40 PM
Argee walks downstairs and stands next to Maria, unsure if his half-scaly face was too in-between for the child. Most adults find the transitionary state unsettling.

"Did I sleep through yesterday or was that the attack? I can never be sure anymore." He paused for a moment thinking to himself <Eat and sleep. Eat and sleep. All I ever seem to do anymore is feed my growthspurt and rest off everything I eat. At least I'm not gaining any weight yet.>

sithdrummer
2016-09-04, 11:28 PM
Ledrian responds to Yezmir in Elven: "No doubt more rested! I'm sure the fevered dreams which plagued you on the roads continued last night, especially considering the-" He cuts to a lower voice: "the ambush."

At this point, Ledrian notices that Maria and Kale have made their way down to the bar, and his eyes dart regularly to his charge and his employer while continuing his conversation. "I suppose we'll soon be investigating into the orchestrator of last night's attack. What did you make of the note?"

onlie2005
2016-09-04, 11:55 PM
Maria really did not care what Argee looked like, she was not really the judgemental type. If anything if there was one thing that her parents kept insisting on putting into her head was the importance of openmindedness and tolerance. Standing up for the little guy. It was why she was not hesitant about helping Yezmir. As she waited for the barkeeper who was curiously absent at the moment, she could not help to mention one of the reasons why she was feeling sad today. Normally it would be a happy occasion but now with the death of her parents, she was now lonely and sad since it was also the anniversary of what happened to her family in Westgate.

Did you know it is my birthday today?, she said, to no one really in particular.

Malacronious
2016-09-05, 01:12 AM
"That is good to hear indeed!" Yezmir replied to Ledrian cheerfully, still in Elven. Seriousness suddenly shrouded her cheer. "The nightmares do remain...a constant reminder. I prefer not to shut my eyes at all but they still haunt me even then." Yezmir gazed deep into the low flames, her mind adrift in memory. It was if everything else had faded into the background in that moment. The note, she thought to herself. The note? "Oh! The note! The attack! I'd been so focused on getting home that I completely forgot about everything else that has been going on. I'm not quite sure what to make of it Ledrian. Whoever wrote it knew exactly where Marianna was going...which means she is not yet safe." Now noticing Marianna, Amon and Argee who must have come down just after Ledrian, Yezmir stands from her chair and walks over to the group.

As she approaches, Yezmir overhears Maria speak about her birthday. Yezmir pauses with a smile for a moment and then continues towards them. "Marianna, Amon and Argee, good morning to you all. I apologize for not saying so sooner, I just noticed now that you were all down here." Yezmir slightly bows her head at the group and then gets closer to Marianna. "Dear Marianna, do my elven ears fail me or did I hear mention of a birthday?"

zever
2016-09-05, 03:02 AM
As you are settling down, the bartender returns with a bowl of fresh fruit, or at least, supposed to be fresh fruit, and hands it over to Yezmir before taking orders from the rest of the group.
As he returns to the back to prepare your breakfast meals, the doors fly open and 7 men enter the inn, looking around.

The guy in the corner tries to hide in the shadows, but the leader of the ruffians spots him and walks over to him with 2 companions, while the other 4 go to take post at the front and the backdoor.

ManInACandyVan
2016-09-05, 06:14 AM
The dragonborn followed his ward to the bar, his caution of his surroundings bordering paranoia. Fortunately, the sight of his party calmed him. Relatively.

Amon overheard Maria mention her birthday. Dragon dung! he thinks to himself, cursing his zealousness in protecting her body he'd forgotten that today was special.

He grabs the attention of the innkeeper, sliding him a few extra gold pieces. "It's a special day for the girl. Do you have some sort of dessert available?"

When the seven men appear, Amon's paladin paranoia kicks in again. He ensures that Maria is in safe care with the two elves and the not-dragonborn, he inconspicuously nears the men.

I'll make a perception check to learn more about the newcomers. Are they armed? Armored? Tattooed or otherwise uniformed?

zever
2016-09-05, 06:37 AM
The bartender seems really happy with the gold pieces and moves quickly to the back to prepare something special.

The paranoia of the big paladin gets piqued even more by the attire and behaviour of the men that have just come in.

The 4 men guarding the door don't make any effort hiding their clubs, while he can see that the men following the leather are wearing leather armor and have a mace in their hands. His perceptive eyes notice the chains under the shirt of the leader, and he sees the reflection of a sword with him as well.

If Amon comes too close to the men, he gets pushed aside while the leader grumbles: "Mind your own business, paladin".

ManInACandyVan
2016-09-05, 07:37 AM
The paladin glares at the steel their leader is armed with. "You are my business."

Before it can escalate, Amon retreats back to his party to warn them of the armed men. "Seven armed men have entered the inn. They're on the hunt. I don't think they're Szass Tam's men, but they're trouble anyway."

onlie2005
2016-09-05, 11:39 AM
Even if she just turned only 9 years old, Maria knew something was up. The slamming of the door, the behaviour of the new arrivals, there was no doubt trouble was about to happen. She reached into her pocket and pulled out her wand, while discreetly observing the men and trying to deduce what they were planning to do.

[roll0]

Malacronious
2016-09-05, 12:06 PM
The moment Amon warned the party of the new danger at the entrance of the inn, Yezmir, weaponless and without any decent armor, hopped over the bar counter and ran to the bartender in the back. "You! Danger lurks at your doors. Stay here and hide. Do you have a bow and some arrows lying around that I might borrow? I need a weapon and fast!"

Whatever weapon the bartender has to offer to Yezmir she thankfully takes. If he has nothing she will improvise and break a bottle to use its sharp edges. Either way, Yezmir runs back to the group prepared to fight.

Reality Glitch
2016-09-05, 12:21 PM
Did you know it is my birthday today?, she said, to no one really in particular."I did not, what woyuld you like to do to celebrate?"
As she approaches, Yezmir overhears Maria speak about her birthday. Yezmir pauses with a smile for a moment and then continues towards them. "Marianna, Amon and Argee, good morning to you all. I apologize for not saying so sooner, I just noticed now that you were all down here." Yezmir slightly bows her head at the group and then gets closer to Marianna. "Dear Marianna, do my elven ears fail me or did I hear mention of a birthday?""They do not, though I'm not sure Maria wants to be cheered up, sometimes you just want to feel sad, understand the emotion and why you feel this way."
The guy in the corner tries to hide in the shadows, but the leader of the ruffians spots him and walks over to him with 2 companions, while the other 4 go to take post at the front and the backdoor."How about we not." Argee says under his breath as he opens up his copy of An Incomplete Grimmoire, Revised 3rd Edition. Waiting to see what happens next.
When the seven men appear, Amon's paladin paranoia kicks in again. He ensures that Maria is in safe care with the two elves and the not-dragonborn, he inconspicuously nears the men.Argee thinks to himself, <Well, if this does break out in a fight, I have plausible deniability. "I was just standing right here the whole time, reading my book." Which will be true aside from the just part.>
The paladin glares at the steel their leader is armed with. "You are my business."

Before it can escalate, Amon retreats back to his party to warn them of the armed men. "Seven armed men have entered the inn. They're on the hunt. I don't think they're Szass Tam's men, but they're trouble anyway.""I wonder what they want with that stranger?"
Even if she just turned only 9 years old, Maria knew something was up. The slamming of the door, the behaviour of the new arrivals, there was no doubt trouble was about to happen. She reached into her pocket and pulled out her wand, while discreetly observing the men and trying to deduce what they were planning to do.Argee whispers to Maria, "I suggest we see this unfold a little bit more, we don't know the whole story."

zever
2016-09-05, 01:38 PM
Maria's past experiences have learned her very well that men like the ones that have just entered the inn are up to no good. However, for once they seem to not be focused on her but more on the man on the corner.

As Yezmir jumps to the back shouting, he startles the children of the innkeeper.
Father, what is going on?, one of the younglings pipes as the innkeeper looks not all too happy at you.

Go to the shelter. the innkeeper tells his wife, as he looks back at the elf.

You better be right. he says with a grim face as he opens a closed drawer with a key and takes out a crossbow for himself and hands it over to you as he takes a big kitchen knife

I trust you know how to work with this. he says as he heads with you to the common room.

Malacronious
2016-09-05, 02:15 PM
Yezmir grabbed the crossbow from the bratender and held it in her hands. "I know how to work this. Its no bow, but I know how to work it. Come on!"

sithdrummer
2016-09-05, 02:44 PM
Breaking off his conversation with Yezmir (as Yezmir leaves to talk with the bartender), Ledrian nonchalantly moves between Maria and the cluster of thugs crowding the man in shadows. He will not make any threatening overtures, but prepares himself for the most likely eventuality.

He will ready an action; if any of the thugs try to attack Kale or any of the other caravan members, Ledrian will use Quick Draw to attack the triggering thug with a shuriken.

onlie2005
2016-09-05, 02:58 PM
Guys we have to help that man. Those thugs are up to no good. And I think they plan to hurt him badly if not kill him outright., Maria said.

Reality Glitch
2016-09-05, 03:25 PM
Guys we have to help that man. Those thugs are up to no good. And I think they plan to hurt him badly if not kill him outright., Maria said."I agree, but best not to get close." Argee speacks to his feet, "Max, see if you can distract those three over there." Out from under his robe as miniature dragon slinks over to the table with the four men. ((Do I roll stealth for it or are the sufficiently preoccupied?)) It then jumps up onto the table and playfully tries to get their attention.

(([roll0] do I add Bluff or diplomacy to that?))

zever
2016-09-06, 04:25 AM
The situation gets very tense as the thugs at the doors prepare themselves as well for a possible confrontation.
While the group of heroes is still talking under each other, the leader of the group gets to the booth where the lone man is trying to hide.
You are the one, aren't you? He says with a menacing look on his face.

The man tries to duck away even further stuttering
I- I- d... don't k-know what you are t-talking about.

You know all too well what we are talking about. the leader grunts as he goes to grab the guy.
At that moment however, a dragonling jumps on the table and gets in between.

The leader is surprised for just a few seconds before turning around, drawing his weapon and spitting:
What did I tell you about minding you own business?

At that moment, the bartender comes out with the now-armed elf. Seeing all the opposition and how heavily armed they are, the bartender backs away:
You guys keep them busy, I'll get the constable he says as he moves again to the back.

Reality Glitch
2016-09-06, 09:34 AM
Max, upset that no one's paying attention to him jumps on to the leaders shoulder and tries to rub up against his face.

http://cdn3.volusion.com/9nxdj.fchy5/v/vspfiles/photos/AR-30778-2.jpg?1372168655

onlie2005
2016-09-06, 10:32 PM
Maria knows that this was not going to end well without a fight. She may not be the target but it did not mean do nothing. The man was in danger. So she readied herself to cast a spell to come to the man's aid.

zever
2016-09-07, 05:14 AM
The leader stares at the dragonling at his shoulder before hissing:
Take care of this rabble, I won't let them interfere with our business anymore.

onlie2005
2016-09-07, 10:02 AM
Maria knows that time is of the essence. Too many of her friends were to far away to prevent the leader from harming the helpless man in the corner. So she needed to drive the leader and the two thugs away from the victim without harming the victim and the dragonling. She knew just the kind of spell that would do it. Making a circular motion with her wand and then thrusting it down and up, Maria conjures up a fiery pillar that spins like a top centered around the Leader. It douses the two thugs on either side of the leader with searing heat but the leader is severely burned as he is engulfed by the fiery pillar. Curiously enough the helpless man and the dragonling are unaffected.

Guys that spell can only effect enemies. It should be safe to attack those three without being harmed yourselves.

Cast Fountain of Flame centered on Leader. INT vs REF. Apply Heroic Effort Human Encounter Power on Attack on Leader to make attack 16. Power is Burst 1 within 10. Power maintains zone until the end of the encounter. Any enemy that enters the zone or ends its turn in the zone takes 5 damage. Damage to leader is 16(see next post(sorry. Did not know you could not edit post by adding a new roll).

Fountain of Flame Attack on Leader: [roll0] (Add +4 due to use of Human Encounter Power Heroic Effort triggered by missed attack. Attack result is now 16.)

onlie2005
2016-09-07, 10:22 AM
Damage(see last post): [roll0]

zever
2016-09-07, 03:58 PM
As the coil of flames flickers, making the floor hot and scorched, the thugs at the doors spring into motion.
The ones at the front door move closer to the group at the hearth while the other 2 split up, one going after the elf, the other moving towards the group and attacking.

Since I don't know who will stand at the back of the group at the hearth I will leave attack and damage rolls here. Please let me know in the OOC who will be in front/middle/back so I can direct my attacks more properly. Ledrian can make his prepared attack as well.
Attack vs Yezmir:[roll0]
Damage vs Yezmir:2

Attack vs back in the group:[roll1]
Damage: 2

sithdrummer
2016-09-08, 08:22 AM
Almost too fast to see, Ledrian whips his hand to his belt, then outward with a snap. There is a brief glint of a small metal object whirling through the air towards an unsuspecting enemy.

Based on prior posts, I think Ledrian is between the couch and the table behind it, in the square that does not have a chair (if this is not clear, I mean one square to the west of the right side of the couch). I'll make my attack roll below, but I don't know who it is directed at. If an R (ruffian?) attacked, Ledrian will throw at the westernmost one. If a T (thug?) attacked, Ledrian throws at the one next to the bar, behind the comfy chair.

Ranged basic attack (shuriken):
[roll0] (DEX+proficiency bonus) vs AC.
If it hits, it deals [roll1] damage.

zever
2016-09-08, 10:41 AM
More by luck than by skill the Thug stumbles out of the way of the flying projectile, which plants itself in the wall.

Reality Glitch
2016-09-08, 12:00 PM
Max Hops down on to the table and turns towards the Ruffians (R) and their apparent leader (H) and in his high, squeaky voice, "FUS RO DA!"

((OOC: Thunderwave via the Dragonling familiar. Attack: [roll0] vs Fortitude; Hit: [roll1] damage and pushes them each 1 square.))

zever
2016-09-08, 12:10 PM
The leader, who had kept a firm eye on the dragonling, deflects the thunderwave on his sword, rendering it harmless.

The two ruffians next to the leader move forward to the group and strike with their maces.

I'll assume Amon and Argee are upfront, Ledrian in the back.

Attack vs Amon:
[roll]1d20+7[roll]
Damage on Amon:
[roll0] + dazed until end of R's next turn

Attack vs Argee:
[roll1]
Damage on Argee:
[roll2] + dazed until end of R's next turn

ManInACandyVan
2016-09-11, 11:06 PM
"Bahamut, smite them!" The paladin raises his shield. "Face me, cur!"

He offers his attacker a divine challenge, then strikes his longsword down on the ruffian with an enfeebling strike.

Attack roll: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

He takes a -2 to attack rolls until the end of my next turn. He also takes 8 radiant damage if he doesn't attack me.

zever
2016-09-12, 06:49 AM
Amon is still staggered from the brutal attack of the Ruffian and doesn't succeed in directing his attack onto the target.

Meanwhile the Mercenary comes out of the flames, smoke coming out of his hair and jacket and presses the advantage towards Amon, in order to push him away and get to this crazy firethrowing girl.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] and push 1 square and dazed (save ends)

Malacronious
2016-09-12, 11:34 AM
The thug's attack just missed Yezmir and she had little time to think. Forced to ignore everything else around her, she responded to the situation at hand by aiming the nose of her crossbow directly at the thug to fire a bolt into his chest.

Attack VS AC - Paint the Bull's-Eye (+3 bonus damage against this enemy for all allies): [roll0]
Damage if hit: [roll1]
Minor Action: Yezmir reload's the crossbow

zever
2016-09-12, 01:23 PM
The crossbow bolt hits the thug directly between his eyes, and he goes down, a spot of blood appearing on his forehead.

onlie2005
2016-09-12, 11:52 PM
Maria unleashes a lightning bolt from her wand that shoots towards the nearest ruffian striking him and rebounding into the leader, all the while safely weaving around her allies.

Arc Lightning on nearest Ruffian(INT vs REF):[roll0](Attack roll of 14, sorry did not know that the 'rollv' command did not add the +6 attack bonus.)
Arc Lightning on Leader(INT vs REF):[roll1](Attack roll of 16, sorry did not know that the 'rollv' command did not add the +6 attack bonus.)
Damage If Hit:[roll2](Damage roll of 9, again the 'rollv' did not include the +5 damage bonus)
Reroll Natural Damage Roll of 1(if necessary):[roll3]

zever
2016-09-13, 01:46 AM
The ruffian and the mercenary try to evade the bolt of lightning but both are just a fraction too late and they can feel their body getting shocked.

The remaining thugs move in on the group standing at the hearth, attacking on Ledrian and Maria.

Attack 1 on Ledrian: [roll0]
Attack 2 on Ledrian: [roll1]
Attack on Maria: [roll2]

Damage is 2 for all attacks

sithdrummer
2016-09-13, 08:53 AM
Ledrian ducks and dodges as two thugs close in and attack, narrowly avoiding being struck. Using the momentum, he begins whirling faster and faster, then strikes out at both foes with hammering elbows and thundering kicks.

Using Five Storms, a standard action at-will attack. It attacks each enemy Ledrian can see in a close burst 1, vs. Reflex. If it hits one of them, Ledrian will use his Centered Flurry of Blows to deal additional damage and slide the target 1 square adjacent to him, away from Maria if possible.
Thug 1
[roll0] vs. Reflex

Thug 2
[roll1] vs. Reflex

Five Storms deals [roll2] points of damage to each thug Ledrian hits. To the first thug he hits (if any), Centered Flurry of Blows deals an additional 5 damage.

Reality Glitch
2016-09-13, 09:41 AM
"FUS RO DA!"Positioned so that it only targets the thug that attacked Argee.
Attack: [roll0] vs. Fortitude
Damage: [roll1] Thunder damage and pushed 1 square.

zever
2016-09-13, 11:35 AM
The first thug evades the oncoming storm, but the one next to him is not so lucky, and he goes down with several of his bones broken.

The shockwave hits with full force on the Ruffian, who steadies herself after the shock.

zever
2016-09-13, 12:11 PM
The Ruffian attacking Amon attacks again as the other one attacking Argee moves forward to take another strike.

Attack on Amon: [roll0]
Damage on Amon: [roll1]

Attack on Argee: [roll2]
Damage on Argee: [roll3]

The first one that hits shifts into the square where Amon was before getting pushed

zever
2016-09-20, 03:34 PM
The leader attacks once again on the Paladin, seeing him as being the obstacle to get to the dangerous caster:

Attack:[roll0]

Malacronious
2016-09-20, 04:09 PM
Satisfied with her shot, Yezmir loaded another bolt into her crossbow and turned to quickly look for the next apparent danger. She aimed her crossbow at the enemy closest to her and fired another shot.

Sorry zev, I am a bit confused as to where everyone is currently so Yezmir will simply fire at the closest enemy.

Attack VS AC - Paint the Bull's-Eye (+3 bonus damage against this enemy for all allies): [roll0]

zever
2016-09-20, 04:16 PM
One of the remaining thugs gets the crossbow bolt in, his back, it goes through a lung and the thug collapses on the ground.

onlie2005
2016-09-20, 04:28 PM
Maria once again unleashes her lightning bolt, weaving around her allies and striking the leader and the remaining ruffian.

Arc Lightning on Leader(INT vs REF)(16): [roll0]
Arc Lightning on Ruffian(INT vs REF)(15): [roll1](Apply +4 power bonus to this making it 15(Heroic Effort Human encounter power triggered by missed attack)
Damage If Hit:[roll2]
Reroll Natural 1 Damage Roll(if necessary): [roll3]

zever
2016-09-20, 04:36 PM
The leader almost goes through his knees as another shock races through his bodies. It is clear he has had enough, and signals for the retreat.
The thug is the first one to start to run back towards the door he was first protecting.

sithdrummer
2016-09-21, 09:13 AM
Ledrian whips out his leg as the foe tries to get by.

Attack: [roll0] vs AC

As the leader moves, Ledrian lurches left, then right, dipping low and then high, goading an attack - only just before the leader strikes, Ledrian grabs his shoulder and spins him toward one of his crew, and the leader's blow lands on his ally instead.

Drunken Monkey encounter attack
Attack: [roll2] vs Will
Damage: [roll3] damage
Additional effect: Ledrian slides the leader 1 square, and the leader then makes a basic melee attack with a +3 bonus as a free action against one enemy of my choice.

I don't know exactly where on the map everyone is, so just move the leader 1 space toward the closest enemy and have him make the attack (assuming Ledrian hits, anyway).

zever
2016-09-21, 04:00 PM
The running thug drops down as Ledrian moves his way towards the leader and also takes him out with a swift strike. The ruffians that are still standing also start to look as to get away as soon as possible.

Reality Glitch
2016-09-21, 04:09 PM
If I've read correctly, nothing has really changed in terms of who Argee can target.
Attack: [roll0] vs. Fortitude
Damage: [roll1] Thunder damage and pushed 1 square.

zever
2016-09-21, 04:12 PM
The ruffian gets shocked hard and pushed away, and she manages to stumble in the direction of the door of the inn. The other ruffian also tries to run towards the door, seeing that all hope is lost.

onlie2005
2016-09-22, 06:31 PM
Maria sends a silvery bolt of energy at one of the retreating ruffians.

Cast Magic Missile on nearest ruffian if allowed. Automatically hits for 7 damage.

Malacronious
2016-09-23, 11:17 AM
Was giving Amon a bit of time in case he decided to show up.

Noticing the two ruffians running for the door, Yezmir takes careful aim and follows the one closest to getting away and fires another bolt.

zever
2016-09-24, 08:54 AM
Maria and Yezmir successfully down the ruffians, who drop to the ground on their way to the door. Things become silent for a moment in the inn as all enemies have now been taken out, giving the heroes some time to catch their breath.

onlie2005
2016-09-25, 07:28 PM
After making sure everyone is all right, Maria moves towards the man that was being harrassed. There is genuine concern in her face as she asks, Are you okay? Who were those men and why were they after you?

Reality Glitch
2016-09-25, 07:57 PM
Max, still at the table with the man tries to comfort him, rubbing up against him like a cat. Argee just stand in bewilderment in the wake of yet another bar-fight. "Why is it, that taverns and inns attract so much violence?" While the question was rhetorical and he didn't expect an answer, he genuinely wished he knew.

sithdrummer
2016-09-26, 12:03 AM
Ledrian goes to the northern door and looks out to see the remaining thugs too far away to bother chasing. He comes back inside, but not before propping the door open with a barstool - the better to see from the common room if those that had been chased away would be returning with friends. Satisfied, he begins examining the bodies of their attackers, starting with the leader, to see what clues they may have which would indicate their purpose here.

Ledrian takes 10 on his Perception check (for a total of 20) to find any clues on the bodies. Note: Ledrian also grants any non-elf allies within 5 squares of him a +1 to their Perception as a racial trait (Group Awareness).

Malacronious
2016-09-26, 11:27 AM
As the final ruffian falls to the ground, Yezmir releases her aim and exhales. She looks around at the death strewn across the room and then looks around at those still alive. What did we get ourselves into here? All these people dead...in exchange for the safety of that stranger. She looks over at Maria now speaking to the stranger.

The Moon Elf catches her breath for a moment and then looks around for the Innkeeper. She approaches him and hands him the crossbow. This is a fine weapon, thank you for lending it to me. I trust your family is safe? They are unharmed?

zever
2016-09-26, 12:30 PM
The man in the corner is still shaking from fear, clutching a holy symbol in his hand:
Th-th-thank you so much for saving me. Chauntea bless you; bless all of you! Th-these guys, I'm... I'm not sure, they m-must be hired street th-thugs, hired to stop me from fulfilling my m-mission.
He looks with big blue eyes at the dragonling: I-is he f-friendly?

Ledrian searches but doesn't find any peculiarities on the fallen bodies, except a little bit of money (5gp 83sp).

Meanwhile, the innkeeper arrives with the constable, he quickly explains the situation and he nods, sending out for some men to clean up the mess.
When approached by the moon elf, he smiles and said: You and your party did a good thing today, consider the crossbow as a token of thanks. Also, you can stay here and eat for free tonight, I am sure my wife will be able to cook something special, after all, I believe we all have something to celebrate now.

Malacronious
2016-09-27, 10:52 AM
Taking the crossbow back in hand, Yezmir looks at the innkeeper. Thank you for your kindness. Of course, I require no reward as I was simply just reacting to the danger at hand. I will however take your gift and use it to protect those in need. From this day forth this crossbow shall be called Virtuous. May its bolts fly pure and true. Yezmir bows in thanks to the innkeeper and then bows to the constable before walking over to the rest of the group.

Reality Glitch
2016-09-27, 03:25 PM
He looks with big blue eyes at the dragonling: I-is he f-friendly?((The eyes are green, the scales are blue, I posted a picture earlier in the tread.))

Argee, arriving at table as the stranger says this, responds, "Quite friendly. He really likes it when you stroke him from nose to tail-tip."

zever
2016-09-27, 03:55 PM
((I was talking about the eyes of the guy at the table, not Max))

U-Uh O-Ok.
The guy very carefully touches the dragonling and strokes him, prepared to move away at any unexpected movement.

Reality Glitch
2016-09-27, 04:22 PM
Max's head lowers as the man's hand is placed on it. As he pulls his hand across Max's back, the lowering the body moves with it like a wave until halfway down the tail which pushes up against the man's hand. While the sound coming from Max isn't like anything the man has heard before, he gets the distinct feeling that it's the equivalent of a cat's purr or a dog's tail wagging.

onlie2005
2016-09-28, 12:08 AM
And what was your mission?, Maria asked.

zever
2016-09-28, 03:08 AM
The man calms down a bit and looks surprised at the sounds the dragonling makes as he pets him:
I come from a town called Winterhaven up in the Thunder Peaks. The cleric I serve, Sister Linora, has learned that a cult of Shar has asserted itself in our town. She sent me to go find help, but I’m afraid I’m not well educated in the ways of the world, and those men must have tracked me down to stop me from finding aid.

Reality Glitch
2016-09-28, 10:45 AM
"I can't speak for the others, but I'm willing to help."

onlie2005
2016-09-28, 10:50 AM
I am willing to help too and I am sure Ammon is willing as well., Maria adds.

sithdrummer
2016-09-29, 12:28 AM
Ledrian takes the money he's found and offers some to the innkeeper for damages, before bringing the rest to Amon Kale to be doled out appropriately. After this, he begins listening to the conversation with the stranger.

"I am always eager to destroy the minions of Shar, especially if it's part of what I was hired to do. Where can we find your town?"

zever
2016-09-29, 11:59 AM
Oh my, thank you all for coming to my aid. Winterhaven is more or less a 4-day trip from here, if you would come with me I would be really grateful. Also, the lord of the town would surely reward you if you manage to find this cult and eliminate it.

Malacronious
2016-09-29, 01:42 PM
Yezmir is not so quick to answer. She listens to the mans words and carefully considers what part she should play, if any at all. She had just escaped slavery after all and she longs to reunite with her family and morn the death of her sister. Sticking with Maria would surely put her in the path of Szass Tam and that might be the closest she would ever get to avenge her sister and stop Szass Tam from spreading further pain and destruction. Yezmir also considers that Maria might need all the help she can get with Szass Tam's assassins on her trail. Lastly, to not answer this man's cry for help and lend hand to the town of Winterhaven is not something she is prepared to carry on her shoulders. She has seen too many fall to the evil of this world to put her own selfishness before those in need.

I mustn't stand idly by while the world around me continues to suffer. Yezmir says to herself before moving up towards the man.

It seems you have found your help. Virtuous and I will also lend you our aid. Yezmir says as she holds up her crossbow and bows. She then turns to the group. Well friends, it appears our journey together has only just begun. May Sehanine Moonbow guide our path.

zever
2016-09-29, 02:07 PM
The man in the corner thanks you all again for your help as the innkeeper returns with plates with some steaming bowls on them and some fresh bread.
Please, before you all leave, have this meal, it will strengthen you on your journey.

He also brings in some mugs with mead and water and puts it on the table where the man was sitting, dragging another table to its side so you can all sit and enjoy your meal.

Malacronious
2016-10-02, 11:52 AM
Yezmir turns to look at the food that the innkeeper places on the table and that looks up at him. I must admit, I am starved! This looks delicious! She say's as she slides one of the chairs out and sits. The moon elf grabs a piece of bread and breaks it in half, putting one of the halves back into the bowl. Now, I have spent far too long in these rags and chains...anyone know of a blacksmith and a place where I might get some fresh clothes and a half decent set of armor? Mmm, a bath would be very nice indeed. I am afraid I am low on coin however, what with my previous circumstance. Perhaps someone would lend me some?

Reality Glitch
2016-10-02, 03:49 PM
Argee thanks the innkeeper and sits at the now larger table, taking one of the water mugs and a plate of food.

zever
2016-10-05, 08:43 AM
You eat and drink and enjoy a nice time celebrating the victory and the birthday of Maria before you set out to leave.
Gevarn accompanies on your way to Winterhaven, the road is calm and the weather is cool but agreeable.
The first day passes without any incident.
However, during the second day you suddenly see footprints on the dirt road, made by small, clawed feet.

sithdrummer
2016-10-05, 10:09 AM
Ledrian studies the tracks for a moment, to determine the creature responsible for making them.

Nature check, untrained: [roll0]

zever
2016-10-06, 05:55 AM
Ledrian recognizes the footprints as belonging to kobolds

sithdrummer
2016-10-06, 09:56 AM
"Gevarn, could kobolds be allied with the cult of Shar that you mentioned?"

zever
2016-10-06, 01:10 PM
I don't know, I don't know anything about kobolds... But I guess in the temple at Winterhaven they might know more about it.

Reality Glitch
2016-10-06, 03:39 PM
"Eh; kobolds. There's little they won't do to save their own hides."

onlie2005
2016-10-07, 02:14 AM
Maria had the best night of her life in a long time. Happy that she was once more allowedf to for at least one day be a normal child. But come morning it was back to business. She was all business and did her best to not complain about the long walks on the road. She was unaccustomed to it but she soldiered on. On the second day, alarm bells began to ring in her head when she heard about kobolds. Even at her tender years she was aware of what kobolds were. They were very common enough in the Dalelands. She looked around and was more cautious and tried to be ever alert as they continued forward to Winterhaven.

Nature Check of Maria's Knowledge of Kobolds: [roll0]
Perception Check: [roll1]

sithdrummer
2016-10-18, 12:19 AM
Ledrian tells Kale and the rest of the crew that he will go and sneakily follow the tracks a short ways to see where they lead, and if any kobolds are waiting in ambush.

Stealth: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]