PDA

View Full Version : Level 0 Wish?

LordOfCain
2016-09-03, 03:03 PM
Didnt I see a trick here once where you could get wish as a level 0 spell? Can anyone provide a link if it isnt a figment of my imagination?

Coidzor
2016-09-03, 03:13 PM
Prestidigitation is often called Least Wish or Level 0 Wish due to its flexibility. That might have created some confusion.

Metamagic reducers can be a potent thing, though, so I think it might be possible to reduce the spell slot necessary by a lot.

ExLibrisMortis
2016-09-03, 03:18 PM
Can you find enough +0 metamagic feats, and a permissive DM? After that, it's Arcane Thesis and go. Takes a lot of feats, though, at least ten, I should think.

Ruethgar
2016-09-03, 03:23 PM
I count 13 +0 Metamagic feats. There is also Sanctum spell which, while it does not lower the slot, would lower the level. There is also the Elven Generalist trick to get Wish at level 1 but it is still a 9th level spell. Also if you are going by RAW, Prestidigitation cannot do anything because Wish can do anything Prestidigitation could do and Prestidigitation cannot mimic other spell effects.

LordOfCain
2016-09-03, 03:34 PM
Huh, I thought it had soemthing to do with a dragon prestige class that let you learn a spell cast by someone else combined with sanctum spell.

FearlessGnome
2016-09-03, 04:00 PM
That one failed because the spell the other dragon learns is not Wish but Sanctum Wish. You can't apply Sanctum to Sanctum Wish. So it stays an 8th level spell with a 9th level spell slot.

LordOfCain
2016-09-03, 04:03 PM
That one failed because the spell the other dragon learns is not Wish but Sanctum Wish. You can't apply Sanctum to Sanctum Wish. So it stays an 8th level spell with a 9th level spell slot.

Can you send me a link to the original and what proved it wrong?

Beheld
2016-09-03, 04:23 PM
You can always cast a 10th level Wish from a 0th level slot with Shadowcraft Gnome Illusionist using Retributive Spell.

EDIT: Actually that's Miracle or something not wish. Nevermind.