PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Mind Controlling Queries

Endarire
2016-09-03, 04:52 PM
Greetings, all!

In 3.5, what are the best ways to mind control someone? Charm and dominate work, but binding Naberius and using Diplomacy can seemingly do that and more with a high enough Diplomacy score.

Also, what do you do with your minions once they're controlled?

As a GM, how do you handle someone who emphasizes instant friendship through spells and skills?

Ortesk
2016-09-03, 04:59 PM
Greetings, all!

In 3.5, what are the best ways to mind control someone? Charm and dominate work, but binding Naberius and using Diplomacy can seemingly do that and more with a high enough Diplomacy score.

Also, what do you do with your minions once they're controlled?

As a GM, how do you handle someone who emphasizes instant friendship through spells and skills?

If you are going to control someone, first I ask why? What do you want from them? A lackey in a pinch to help in battle? Dominate has it's uses. Make them fight for you. Charm makes someone friendly, doesn't make them fanatic. Friendly will help you, will take some risk for you. But charm spell doesn't make them fight to the death for you.

And I never dominate, I would rather cast simulcrum and have a minion completely loyal to me. At high levels, I would just mind rape so I can make sure they are loyal to me.

And use things that can't be beat that way. Mind Blank, protection from X, undead/golem/vermin. The regular bane of the enchanter