PDA

View Full Version : "Behold, the Micronauts!", or, "Honey, I shrunk the party!"

Quiver
2016-09-04, 01:01 AM
So, I was thinking about the Borrowers recently, a fact which doesn't cracking the ten strangest things I've done on a whim. And I got to thinking...hey. A game where characters are only a few inches high? That could be fun!

...now, I can't actually do anything with that idea. My attempts at GMing ended rather disastrously. But I still liked the concept!

So... I'm curious. Has anyone here done anything like that? A game where characters get shrunk, or are of an especially diminutive race to begin with?

Alternatively, if you were GMing this, how would you do it?

Kol Korran
2016-09-04, 04:41 AM
Doesn't Mouse guard do that?

Inevitability
2016-09-04, 06:26 AM
Mouse Guard has been mentioned.

Also, if you use a system that isn't inherently made for inchling PC's, I advise against giving them the same stats but a small size (unless you want them to be Ant-Man). Instead, have the players use their normal skills and abilities, but refluff their foes to be normal creatures grown to giant size.

For example, you could use the stats of a lion for a kitten, and a venus flytrap would mechanically be a powerful plant monster.

Bulhakov
2016-09-04, 10:33 AM
I've had shrunken the PCs twice before and as Dire_Stirge suggests I never altered their stats, just the enemies and various environment tables (e.g. run/jump distances are much greater, fall damage is much less of a threat, and the characters' strength seems much greater, allowing to handle some relatively large objects).