PDA

View Full Version : Comics Spawn's Symbiotic Suit

No brains
2016-09-04, 02:53 AM
Does anyone here know anything about Spawn? I have some questions about his symbiotic armor.

Is the armor a being unto itself? Is it a creature like Venom, or is it just a tool that interfaces with its user really well? What is it and how is it made? Is it ever discussed?

Does the armor allow Spawn to use magic? I know the cape and chains are part of the armor, but I think spawn has access to other magic as well, but I'm not sure if that's because of the armor or because he is a hellspawn.

Is it only referred to as armor in the live-action movie? In the movie, the suit seemed thicker and so I can understand it being called armor, but it mostly seems like non-protective tights in other media.

Traab
2016-09-04, 11:39 AM
Spawn wears a living, sentient necroplasm-based symbiote suit, named Leetha of the 7th house of K (K7-Leetha). The suit feeds from the necroplasm in Spawn's body and his cape, spikes, and chains are all part of an organism that is bonded to his central nervous system; because of this connection he can mentally manipulate the suit to perform shapeshifting feats without draining his necro-meter.

Pulled that up in a search on the character.

No brains
2016-09-04, 06:57 PM
I tried wikipedia and the spawn wiki and came up with bupkis. Then again I tried late at night when thinking up a question and looking for the answer seem like two totally different things.

I enjoy asking people questions over search engines because I hope I can find someone who might be excited to give me an answer. Maybe have the conversation move off into some parallel topic, like "Discworld also had so and so, so check that out if you like what you asked about". Sometimes, I can feel happier with a person's answer over a machine's.

Also when you say "the character", do you mean Spawn or the suit? The suit having a name kinda muddies that. Also what's the source? I might pour over that later.

Traab
2016-09-04, 08:51 PM
I found it here (http://characters.wikia.com/wiki/Spawn) The powers are listed all the way at the bottom. I honestly dont know much about spawn other than what was in the movie, so I cant really talk about him much or anything related to him.