PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some real reviews on apps

Alabguy1243
2016-09-04, 03:49 PM
I am trying to pick a character sheet app for my iPad Pro. There are 4 that I have narrowed it down to and I am looking for information from anyone who has used any of them. DnD sheets, Fight Club PFRPG/3.5 edition, Sheet Yourself -Created and organized by you, & My Hero!
All 4 apps look like on the surface they do what I would like, but I'm looking for unbiased information from gamers who have actually used the products. I have a friend who used the My Hero lite version, essentially the freebie to get you hooked, and I think he ran into some problems. I have found that free versions tend to have glitches that aren't in the full versions and just leave you with a bad taste in your mouth so to speak. Any help would be appreciated. I don't want to buy 2 or 3 programs only to find that they are really cumbersome to use.
I am only interested in 3.5edition. As a group we have decided not to move beyond that.

Zakier
2016-09-06, 07:29 PM
I can tell you from experience that I dislike sheet yourself. I have tried the Android version and another player tried the iPhone version.

Sheet yourself looks fancy but all the numbers you see are manually entered everywhere. They do not add up automatically.

DnD sheets however does, offers customization and auto calculation. The ability to add and remove skills. Perhaps even more from what I'm seeing on its page.

Alabguy1243
2016-09-07, 01:35 AM
Thanks for the tip