PDA

View Full Version : Competing Cults

Grytorm
2016-09-04, 04:19 PM
What would you do if your party of adventurers passed through a small town and were asked to liberate the local healing spring from evil cultists. And then as they do so, they realize that the temple is sacred to Lamashtu (Pathfinder Demon Goddess if Childbirth and Deformity).

The cult in the temple is evil, and so our a lot of townsfolk. What would you do in this scenario.

FearlessGnome
2016-09-04, 04:34 PM
Depends entirely on the character and the party. Assuming we are some kind of Good/anti-Evil neutrals: Are the cultists they wanted you to get rid of also evil? If not, kill evil priests, raze temple, put non-evil cultists in control. If the cult is evil as well it gets trickier. Possibly kill all the baddies (though not ordinary commoners, even if they are (slightly) Evil), send for clerics of the party's preferred deity to come build a new church and keep an eye on the spring.

If evil: Show the townspeople that you can achieve deformities without childbirth and sack the temple. Or just do the mission, claim the reward and go, that works too I guess.

Mearle
2016-11-12, 11:05 PM
What would you do if your party of adventurers passed through a small town and were asked to liberate the local healing spring from evil cultists. And then as they do so, they realize that the temple is sacred to Lamashtu (Pathfinder Demon Goddess if Childbirth and Deformity).

The cult in the temple is evil, and so our a lot of townsfolk. What would you do in this scenario.

I think I'd take my leave of the whole affair. Evil vs evil seems just deserts for both. Time will sort it out better without the help of an uninformed outsider.
IMHO