PDA

View Full Version : Holy Vindicator

pilvento
2016-09-04, 07:21 PM
Hello there playgrounders,
got a problem here.

Holy Vindicator PrC
- Vindicator Shield (su):
FAQ asks => does touch and flat footed attacks count as "being struck in combat"?
Answer => the ability lasts until an opponent makes a successful AR against the vindicator "Armor Class".

I feel this is not specific enough, it could just simply said "YES", and not just "AC" :smallconfused:
Please try to be as RAW as you can be.

meemaas
2016-09-04, 10:27 PM
Actually it is pretty clear. Any form of successful attack roll counts. If not in combat and struck, it would be initiating combat with the strike.

pilvento
2016-09-05, 12:05 AM
Actually it is pretty clear. Any form of successful attack roll counts. If not in combat and struck, it would be initiating combat with the strike.

Sorry but i dont see it that cristal clear.
I interpreted they way you did until i read the FAQ.

"The holy vindicator prestige class has an ability that gives him a sacred bonus to AC until "struck in combat." Does a touch attack count as being "struck"? What about a spell like magic missile or fireball?

The ability lasts until an opponent makes a successful attack roll against the vindicator's Armor Class." :smallconfused:

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/combat#TOC-Armor-Class
If i take that answer as RAW, "Armor Class" is not "Touch" nor "Flat-footed", but the full bonus.

I know Touch Attacks and Flat-foot attacks go against a "form" of AC, but the vague, not precise answer still confuses me....

meemaas
2016-09-05, 06:13 PM
Basic way to figure it out. Does it require an attack roll? Did it hit? If the answer to both of those is yes, then it counts.

Fireball: No attack roll, doesnt count
Magic Missile: No attack roll, doesn't count
Scorching Ray: Attack roll, if it hits, it counts.

Get it?