PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder A Pathfinderized Warblade

jeffh
2016-09-04, 07:34 PM
So, I writed a thing...

In the second post of this thread, I'm going to paste in the Warblade rewrite for Pathfinder that I've been working on. This was originally for one of the games I run, where my sister is playing a currently 9th level Warblade so it's going to get playtested, though arguably not in the most rigorous fashion. I figured having done all that work, I might as well share it more widely and, in the case of this forum, with people who have some level of expertise in homebrew design and might be able to constructively criticize it. Or just swipe it for their own (private, non-commercial) use, that's cool too.

I've posted this in Paizo's forums too. So far the feedback from there has been... less than helpful. A guy who vocally doesn't like the basic concept and admits he doesn't know the original at all, someone asking questions about the interaction between this and Path of War that he didn't articulate very well but I think are already answered in the class writeup, and a note on the legalities that, well let's just say if it were a serious concern half of this here forum would be gone. The one specific, substantial thing is that the first guy thinks the recharge mechanic - which is WAY toned down from the original - is still too generous. (Which it might be, what do people think?) Anyway, it seems at least not pants-on-head crazy to hope I might get more useful responses here.

I am obviously only 20% done the War Mastery abilities. I've done the Iron Heart ones as proof of concept. That discipline includes Punishing Stance, in which my sister's character probably logs like 90% of her combat time anyway, so it seemed like the highest priority for my own purposes. Everything else is feature-complete, but not necessarily 100% final. If you see something that strikes you as horrible, let me know, you might very well be able to get me to change it.

Pathfinderizing the Warblade probably didn't need to be as big a job as I made it into. For a more minimalistic conversion, just change the levels of the bonus feats, do something about Concentration, reword Battle Skill, and Bob's your uncle. However, this would have left a few things that I was never entirely satisfied with and/or that didn't seem to mesh with the Pathfinder way of doing things:

The lack of all-simple-weapon proficiency, in what are obviously meant to be a bunch of highly skilled fighters, always bugged me. It probably won't make much practical difference; maybe it'll help a Warblade here and there through those tough early levels.
I never liked the very narrow selection of bonus feats.
There were still a number of levels that, while not technically dead (you always get at least a new or upgraded maneuver), were kinda on life support. I added things to fill them that might also help fix some of the things that annoy my sister regularly with this class.
The levels at which the original Warblade gained new stances made NO SENSE when you looked at them next to when new stances became available. Originally I was just going to introduce swaps at the levels where new ones become available, I ended up going slightly more elaborate.
Stances don't scale (EDIT: Now that I'm trying to fill out War Mastery, I see that White Raven stances scale BIG TIME, but many others don't) and BTB you never get to change them. War Mastery let me both partially fix this AND fill three of the aforementioned dead levels. (Path of War stances already scale a little, so I will NOT be introducing War Masteries for those disciplines.)
Speaking of which, I wanted to allow some, but limited, access to the new disciplines from Path of War. (I also adopted a few other conventions from there, like whenever I needed or wanted a number, I made it "two or your (in this case) Intelligence modifier, whichever is more" any time that seemed like it would yield reasonable answers.)
The designers have expressed misgivings about four features of the original Warblade, feeling they go too far in making the Warblade an almost-strictly-superior 3.5 Fighter: the d12 hit die, the ability to meet feat prerequisites as a fighter, the ability to change the "targets" for feats like Weapon Focus, and the recharge mechanic, with some doubt being expressed as to whether the latter even needed to exist. In the end I nerfed the latter three rather than removing them entirely; as for the d12, I'd be more likely to give that to fighters than remove it from warblades if I thought it was creating a problem in the relative power of the two. In the case of the feat-swapping thing, I may have nerfed it so much and in a sufficiently complicated way that it might have been better to remove it entirely.

A couple ideas were borrowed from two other Warblade rewrites I found here on GitP's forum (in some cases just the names). I'd credit the OPs for those ideas if I could remember who they were. If one of you is reading this or recognizes something from a buddy of yours here, please let me know and I'll revise this post with proper credit.

Anyway. Enough "designer's notes" and similar crap, let's get to the actual class writeup.

jeffh
2016-09-04, 07:35 PM
Warblade
Based on the class from Tome of Battle: The Book of Nine Swords by Richard Baker, Matthew Sernett, and Frank Brunner
Pathfinder-ized by Jeffrey W. Heikkinen
Special thanks to Chris "ErrantX" Bennet

Warblades are similar to fighters but with a greater appreciation of the value of tactical thought, or at least a wider variety of ways of operationalizing it. Brilliant if frequently undisciplined tacticians, warblades achieve great martial prowess through careful study of fighting techniques and intensive training. Most are motivated largely by the opportunity to get out into the world and prove themselves against worthy, legendary foes.

Role: Striker. While it is possible for a warblade to effectively boost his or her allies through White Raven and Golden Lion maneuvers (achieving a sort of hybrid Striker/Leader nature), and many maneuvers offer a measure of battlefield control, you will usually be most effective if you choose your maneuvers such that these are side-effects of doing your main job – hitting things hard and often. Besides, you won’t achieve the individual glory most warblades seek by being a support player.

Alignment: Warblades tend to be individualists motivated at least in part by personal glory; as such, they are more likely to be Chaotic than Lawful. They show about the same distribution of good vs evil tendencies as anyone else.

Abilities: As with any melee combatant, Strength is extremely important to a Warblade, and it’s not a good idea to dump Constitution or Dexterity either. However, in some respects Warblades are to combat what Wizards are to magic, owing their abilities at least in part to careful study, and for this reason Intelligence plays a larger role in powering a Warblade’s abilities than you might expect.

Quick Warblade: Play as a human, dwarf, or half-orc. Of the minor races, (full) orcs are among the most effective Warblades. Prioritize your ability scores in the following order (highest to lowest): Strength, Intelligence, Constitution, Dexterity, Wisdom, Charisma. (Feel free to shuffle the middle four around a bit, but you definitely want high Strength, and benefit the least from Charisma). For your starting feat(s), take Power Attack or Weapon Focus (in some big two-handed weapon that appeals to you), both if you’re human. For the love of God make sure Charging Minotaur is among your starting maneuvers, but don’t be shy about swapping it out a few levels down the road; it’s fantastic (and fun!) early on but ages fast. Punishing Stance is almost certainly the best stance to start with.

Hit Die: d12

Starting Wealth: 5d4 × 10 gp (average 125 gp.) In addition, you begin play with an outfit worth 10 gp or less and a beat-up copy of an obscure swordfighting manual.

Class Skills
The Warblade's class skills are Acrobatics, Climb, Craft, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Knowledge (History), Knowledge (Local), Knowledge (Nobility & Royalty), Knowledge (Tactics), and Swim.

(Note that Knowledge (Tactics) is a new skill recommended for campaigns that feature the Warblade or similar classes. Feats from Tome of Battle: The Book of Nine Swords that require Concentration and/or Martial Lore now require Knowledge (Tactics) instead. If you've been using Path of War anyway, there's an analogous skill in that book, just keep using that instead.)

Skill Ranks Per Level: 4 + Intelligence modifier.

Table: The Warblade

(Next to each level are the special abilities gained at that level, followed by a summary of maneuvers and stances known in the following format: Maximum level/# of known maneuvers/# of readied maneuvers/# of known stances. Stars indicate you get to swap a maneuver or stance at that level. I've got a proper Word table of this but it didn't translate to this format at all.)

1st Battle Clarity (Int to Reflex saves), Studious Recovery 1/3/3/1
2nd Uncanny Dodge 1/4/3/1
3rd Battle Ardor (Int to confirm crits) 2/5/4/2
4th Bonus Feat, Flexible Weapon Training 2/5*/4/2
5th Contingency Plan, Reliability (1/enc) 3/6/4/2*
6th Improved Uncanny Dodge 3/6*/4/2
7th Battle Cunning (Int to damage vs flat-footed or flanked) 4/7/5/3
8th Bonus Feat 4/7*/5/3
9th War Mastery 5/8/5/3*
10th Reliability (2/enc) 5/8*/5/3
11th Battle Skill (Int to CMD) 6/9/6/3
12th Bonus Feat, Reliability (2 uses = immediate reroll) 6/9*/6/4
13th War Mastery 7/10/6/4
14th Improved Recovery 7/10*/6/4
15th Battle Mastery (Int to attack and damage on AoOs), Reliability (3/enc) 8/11/7/4*
16th Bonus Feat 8/11*/7/4
17th War Mastery 9/12/7/4
18th Reliability (4/enc) 9/12*/7/5
19th Battle Supremacy (Int to attack and damage after hit) 9/13/8/5
20th Hybrid Stance, Bonus Feat 9/14*/9/6

Class Features
The following are class features of the Warblade.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency
A Warblade is proficient with all simple weapons, all martial melee weapons (including those that can be used as thrown weapons), light and medium armour, and all shields save tower shields.

Maneuvers
Much of the Warblade’s effectiveness is derived from the maneuvers he or she knows. Most maneuvers are unusual, powerful moves you can perform with your weapon. Maneuvers available to the Warblade are nearly always Extraordinary abilities, impressive but non-magical results of study and training. The mere act of using a maneuver doesn’t provoke attacks of opportunity, though some of the things you do as part of one might (for example, if the maneuver tells you to make a charge attack, this movement provokes AoO’s normally unless otherwise stated in the maneuver’s description). Spell resistance doesn’t apply to maneuvers, even overtly supernatural ones.

Normally, a Warblade may choose only maneuvers from the Diamond Mind, Iron Heart, Stone Dragon, Tiger Claw, and White Raven disciplines, all taken from Tome of Battle: The Book of Nine Swords. You may choose, at any time in your career including at character creation, to abandon one of these disciplines (provided you currently know no maneuvers or stances from that discipline), forever losing access to it, to gain access to one of the following disciplines from Path of War: Golden Lion, Iron Tortoise, Primal Fury, Scarlet Throne, or Thrashing Dragon. You may trade up to two of the traditional disciplines in this way, thereby gaining access to a total of two of the newer disciplines, but at all times, at least half the maneuvers and half the stances (both rounded up) that you know must come from the traditional disciplines from the Book of Nine Swords. When a maneuver from Path of War needs to know your Initiation Modifier (say, to calculate a save DC), use your Intelligence modifier.

You begin play knowing three first-level maneuvers. You learn additional maneuvers as shown on the chart above (one at every odd-numbered Warblade level, plus levels 2 and 20); the maximum level these maneuvers can be is also shown in the chart. Note that some maneuvers have prerequisites, typically some number of other maneuvers of the same discipline; you can’t learn a maneuver you don’t meet the prerequisites for. If you’re learning two or more maneuvers at the same time (for the Warblade, this will only normally happen twice, at 1st and 20th level), one of them can count toward the prerequisite for another, but two of them can’t count toward each other’s prerequisites. For the purpose of meeting prerequisites, stances (see below) count as maneuvers.

At 4th level and every even-numbered level thereafter (the levels where the number of maneuvers you can know is marked * above), you may exchange one of your maneuvers known for any other maneuver you meet the prerequisites for. It’s okay if the new maneuver is a higher level than the one you’re “trading in”; indeed, it’s generally assumed that you’ll use this ability to “upgrade” your maneuvers in this way. While you must meet the prerequisites for the new maneuver you learn in this way, it’s okay if this leaves you no longer meeting the prerequisites for an existing one; you only need to meet the prerequisites when you first learn a maneuver, not to prepare, use, or continue to know it.

Readying Maneuvers: You ready your maneuvers by spending ten minutes practising with your weapon, studying old training manuals, or going over the nuances of your most recent battle.

At first you can ready all the maneuvers you know, but from 2nd level onward, you must choose between them based on the challenges you expect to face in the near future. You can only use maneuvers you currently have readied, and once you’ve used a maneuver once, it is no longer readied; it is also not possible to ready more than one instance of the same maneuver (though if you take the option of mixing in Path of War maneuvers, there are a few cases where you can ready two maneuvers that function very similarly). There is no limit to the overall number of times in a day you can use a maneuver, so long as you ready it again between uses.

It’s assumed that you’ll start nearly every encounter with your maximum number of maneuvers prepared, since you can recover your maneuvers in under a minute if you don’t need to change any of them (by spamming Studious Recovery, see below). Maneuvers can therefore be thought of as “once-per-encounter” abilities. Even if you want to change your readied maneuvers, it only takes ten minutes to ready them again; there is no limit to how many times per day you can do this.

Types of Maneuvers: With very rare exceptions, maneuvers fall into one of three categories:
Strikes – You make an attack which deals more damage than usual and/or has some additional effect (or in a few cases, you make several otherwise normal attacks when you could normally only make one). Strikes are usually standard actions, but occasionally require a full-round action.
Boosts – You grant yourself, or occasionally your allies, some benefit. Usually these require a swift action to activate and have very short durations, sometimes only the remainder of your current turn.
Counters – You do something in response to some event in the battle, such as an enemy attacking you. Generally, these are immediate actions you can perform outside your turn.

Stances
You also know stances – different states of battle-readiness you can put your mind and body into, granting yourself (or in some cases your allies) ongoing benefits and sometimes drawbacks. At first level, you know one stance, chosen from any of the disciplines you can choose your maneuvers from. You learn new stances at various later levels as noted on the chart. In addition, at levels 5, 9, and 15 (marked * in the “stances known” column of the table), you may swap out one stance you know for any other stance of any of your available disciplines that you are of sufficiently high level to use. Note that these are the same levels at which new, more powerful stances become available for you to choose from (most of the disciplines available to Warblades have stances as 1st, 3rd, 5th, and 8th level powers).

Unlike maneuvers, stances do not need to be prepared and are not expended when used; you can shift into any stance you know as often as you like. Putting yourself in a stance requires a swift action; once you’ve done this, the stance lasts until you spend a swift action to end it or switch into a different stance (a single swift action suffices to switch from one stance to another; you don’t need to end your current stance then use a separate action to enter the new one). A stance also ends if you are rendered unconscious or otherwise helpless, or after about five minutes of not being in combat; some stances also have specific conditions that can cause them to end. You can’t shift into a stance you’re already in (a nuance that becomes important when you start learning Battle Mastery abilities).

Battle Clarity .
At 1st level, you gain the first of six features that let you use your Intelligence bonus in combat, reflecting the Warblade’s tactical acumen and ability to improvise. All such features have names of the form “Battle _____”.

As long you’re not flat-footed, add your Intelligence bonus (minimum 0) to Reflex saves.

Studious Recovery
You may recover some expended maneuvers by taking a moment to study the battlefield or a specific opponent. You may use this ability in either of two ways.

By making a simple melee attack as a standard action or the first attack of a full attack action (but not by using a strike maneuver), and taking the opportunity to study the target’s fighting style, you gain an insight into how to win the current battle. To reflect this, recover any one maneuver you’ve expended.

Alternatively, by taking a full-round action to take stock of the situation, you may recover a number of expended maneuvers equal to two or your Intelligence modifier, whichever is more. You may also move up to half your speed while doing this. Your awareness of your surroundings at this time is such that, as soon as you announce this action, you gain a +2 Insight bonus to your AC and all saving throws until the beginning of your next turn.

Uncanny Dodge
Starting at second level, as long as you can move at all, you don’t lose your Dexterity bonus to AC when caught flat-footed, fighting an invisible foe, or similarly disadvantaged.

Battle Ardor
Starting at 3rd level, add your Intelligence bonus (minimum 0) to attack rolls made to confirm critical hits.

Once your base attack bonus reaches +9 or better, Battle Ardor counts as Critical Focus for the purpose of meeting feat prerequisites. The bonuses from Battle Ardor and Critical Focus don’t stack if you have both.

Bonus Feats
At every level divisible by four, the Warblade gains a bonus Feat.

This can be any Combat or Teamwork feat, or a feat chosen from the following additional list: Acrobatic, Athletic, Blade Meditation*, Endurance, Great Fortitude, Iron Will, Ironheart Aura*, Lightning Reflexes, Run, Stone Power*, Tiger Blooded*, Unnerving Calm*, White Raven Defence*. (Feats marked * are found in Tome of Battle: The Book of Nine Swords; the rest are in the Pathfinder core rules.)

You must meet all prerequisites for these bonus feats, with one exception; you may use these bonus feats to take feats that require Fighter levels as though you were a Fighter of a level two lower than your Warblade level, so long as you meet any other prerequisites they have. For example, at 8th level, you’d be treated as a 6th level Fighter for this purpose. This stacks with any actual Fighter levels you have. This only applies to feats gained with these bonus feats, not to the feats you gain in the normal course of gaining character levels.

Flexible Weapon Training
Starting at 4th level, as part of the process of readying your maneuvers, you can temporarily reassign feats like Weapon Focus to different weapons.

To use this ability, you must ready one less maneuver than you would normally be able to. If you do this, you may choose a number of feats you know up to two or your Intelligence modifier, whichever is more, that are specific to certain weapons or to a narrow range of weapons, such as one of the Fighter’s weapon categories or the weapons associated with a specific discipline. Until the next time you ready maneuvers, all of those feats are now associated with a different weapon, weapon group, or discipline of your choice. You can only make choices that are valid for the feat in question (for example, you can’t make Rapid Reload apply to anything other than crossbows). You may use this ability to temporarily change which version of Blade Meditation you have.

You can only reassign feats in such a way that, after the changes are all made, you meet all prerequisites for the new feats. (For example, you can’t reassign Weapon Specialization without also reassigning Weapon Focus to the same weapon.) You can use this ability in a way that leaves you not meeting the prerequisites for feats you already had, but if you do, any feats whose prerequisites you no longer meet don’t function until you let their prerequisite feats return to normal. (Example – you switch your Weapon Focus and Weapon Specialization feats to a different weapon, but you also had Greater Weapon Focus and weren’t able to switch that too. You lose all benefit from Greater Weapon Focus until you let your feats go back to normal.)

Contingency Plan
Sometimes it turns out you misunderstood the situation you were heading into and planned things out all wrong (in game terms, you readied the wrong maneuvers). By 5th level, the Warblade knows to always have a backup plan for those situations. As a swift action, you may expend some of your prepared maneuvers (i.e. remove them from the list you have prepared, as though you’d used them, but deriving none of the usual benefits from doing so) to ready one or more maneuvers you did not have readied at the beginning of the encounter.

You may use this ability a number of times per day equal to two or your Intelligence modifier, whichever is more, but never more than once in the same encounter. The maximum number of maneuvers you can expend at one time in this way is also two or your Intelligence modifier, whichever is more. You then ready one less new maneuver than the number you expended. (For example, if you expend three maneuvers, you then ready two.)

If your Intelligence modifier is very high, it is possible to run out of previously non-readied maneuvers to prepare in this way. If this happens, make up the excess by recovering maneuvers you previously expended. Example: A 6th level Warblade with an Intelligence of 18 knows seven maneuvers and can prepare five, leaving two un-prepared. She goes into an encounter that wasn’t what she was expecting at all, uses one maneuver normally, then uses Contingency Plan to discard all four of her remaining maneuvers. She can now prepare three, but she only has two maneuvers that weren’t prepared at the beginning of the encounter. She must prepare the two she didn’t previously have prepared; she then recovers one expended maneuver, presumably the one she actually used at the beginning of the encounter.

Once you’ve used Contingency Plan, any maneuver that you had prepared at any point in the current encounter is fair game for recovering using Studious Recovery (or any other methods of recovering maneuvers you might have, such as the Sudden Recovery feat), so long as the total number of maneuvers you have readied never exceeds the limit given in the chart above.

Reliability
At 5th level, when one of your maneuvers fails to have any effect – for example, you miss your attack roll against its only target – you can choose not to expend that maneuver, allowing you to make another attempt to use it later in the same encounter. Once you have used this ability, you cannot use it again until the next time you ready your maneuvers.

At 10th, 15th, and 18th level, you gain another use of this ability. You recover all your uses of it when you ready maneuvers.

At 12th level, when you use a strike maneuver and miss all its targets, you may expend two uses of Reliability to immediately reroll one of those attack rolls, adding your Intelligence bonus (minimum 0) to the roll. You may only make one extra attack roll in this way, regardless of how many targets the maneuver had. If this extra attack hits, the maneuver is expended; if it misses, the maneuver is not expended.

Improved Uncanny Dodge
Starting at 6th level, enemies gain no benefit from flanking you.

Battle Cunning
At 7th level, you add your Intelligence bonus (minimum 0) to your damage rolls against enemies you are flanking and/or have caught flat-footed.

War Mastery
At 9th, 13th, and 17th level, the Warblade gains one of the War Mastery abilities listed at the end of this document.

Battle Skill
At 11th level, you add your Intelligence bonus (minimum 0) to your CMD.

Improved Recovery
At 14th level, you become much better at recovering maneuvers and changing your readied maneuvers.
When you recover maneuvers using Studious Recovery, you recover one additional maneuver, chosen randomly from among your expended maneuvers.

When you use Contingency Plan to prepare additional maneuvers, you prepare maneuvers equal to the number of maneuvers you expended to pay for Contingency Plan, not one less than this number, with the last such maneuver being chosen randomly from among the remaining candidates.

Whenever you use any other ability, such as the Sudden Recovery feat, to recover one or more maneuvers, you recover one additional maneuver, chosen randomly from among your expended maneuvers.

Ignore this ability if it would result in having more maneuvers readied than the maximum for your level, as listed in the table above.

Battle Mastery
At 15th level, you add your Intelligence bonus (minimum 0) to your attack and damage rolls whenever you make an attack of opportunity. This does not stack with the bonus from Battle Cunning, but does stack with Battle Ardor.

Battle Supremacy
At 19th level, whenever you hit an opponent and successfully deal any damage, until the end of your next turn you add your Intelligence bonus (minimum 0) to all further attack and damage rolls against that opponent. This bonus does not stack with Battle Mastery, Battle Cunning, or previous instances of itself, but does stack with Battle Ardor.

Hybrid Stance
At 20th level, your mastery of the art of war is such that you can create novel and extremely effective hybrids of existing fighting styles on the fly. You may be in two stances at once, gaining the benefits (and any drawbacks) of both. You can begin, end, or change both stances with a single swift action. If you enter two stances you were not previously in at once, they can both trigger War Mastery abilities that trigger from shifting into certain stances. You still can’t change into a stance you were already in.

War Mastery Abilities
At levels 9, 13, and 17, Warblades gain one of the following War Mastery abilities. (More can be obtained with the Heroic War Mastery, Champion War Mastery, and Legendary War Mastery feats.)

Most War Mastery abilities are linked to either a stance or a discipline, and serve to make that stance, or all stances of that discipline, more effective. To learn such a War Mastery ability, you must know the linked stance, or at least one stance of the linked discipline, as the case may be. If you ever change your known stances in such a way that you orphan any of your War Mastery abilities, you may immediately change that War Mastery ability to any other one of the same or a lower tier that you meet the requirements for, including one linked to any new stance you just gained.

War Mastery abilities are sorted into three “tiers”, which also affect their prerequisites:
Heroic abilities merely require you to be a 9th level (or higher) Warblade, i.e., to be able to get War Mastery abilities at all.
Champion abilities require you to be at least a 13th level Warblade.
Legendary abilities require you to be at least a 17th level Warblade and to have at least one of the Heroic or Champion abilities linked to the same stance or discipline, if there are any.
If an ability has any prerequisites other than having the stance it’s attached to (or at least one stance from the discipline it’s attached to) and meeting the requirements implied by the words “Heroic”, “Champion”, or “Legendary”, this will be explicitly stated at the beginning of its description.

Diamond Mind
need to write stuff here

Iron Heart
Corporal Punishment (Heroic, Punishing Stance): When you hit an enemy with a melee attack or Iron Heart strike while in Punishing Stance, the AC penalty from Punishing Stance doesn’t apply to that enemy until the end of your next turn.
Cruel and Unusual Punishment (Champion, Punishing Stance): While you’re in Punishing Stance, you may use an Iron Heart strike that is normally a standard action as the first attack in a full attack. If you do, the AC penalty from Punishing Stance increases to -4.
Capital Punishment (Legendary, Punishing Stance): The damage bonus from your Punishing Stance increases to 2d6. When you score a confirmed critical hit while in this stance, you deal a further 2d10 damage.
Absolute Mithril (Heroic, Absolute Steel): When you are in Absolute Steel stance and your movement provokes an attack of opportunity, the AC bonus from this stance increases to +4 against that attack.
Absolute Orichulcum (Champion, Absolute Steel): When you are in Absolute Steel stance and you move 10’ or more during your turn, you may make a standard action melee attack – including an Iron Heart strike, but not another discipline’s strike maneuver – at any point during your movement. If you hit, further movement that turn does not provoke an attack of opportunity from any creature you hit (but still provokes normally from other enemies).
Absolute Adamantine (Legendary, Absolute Steel): When you are in Absolute Steel stance and you move 10’ or more during your turn, your melee attacks and Iron Heart strikes ignore an amount of DR equal to half the distance you’ve moved so far that turn, in feet.
Mambo (Champion, Dancing Blade Form): Once per round while you are in Dancing Blade Form, if an enemy one square out of your reach does something that would provoke an attack of opportunity, you may take a 5’ step toward them, then make an attack of opportunity. You may only do this once per round even if you are entitled to more than one AoO (e.g. due to the Combat Reflexes feat).
Samba (Legendary, Dancing Blade Form): When, thanks to the reach extension from Dancing Blade Form, you hit an opponent outside your normal reach with a melee attack, until the end of your next turn, that opponent’s movement toward you provokes attacks of opportunity as though your reach was 5’ longer than it is, provided you’re still using Dancing Blade Form.
Definitive Blade Defence (Legendary, Supreme Blade Parry): Whenever you hit an enemy with a melee attack or Iron Heart strike while in Supreme Blade Parry stance, until the end of your next turn, the amount of DR granted by that stance increases by 2 or your Intelligence modifier, whichever is more, against that enemy’s attacks.
Iron Heart Hero (Heroic, Iron Heart): Whenever you shift into an Iron Heart stance, you gain temporary hit points equal to your Intelligence modifier (minimum 0) plus the highest level of maneuvers you can use.
Iron Heart Champion (Champion, Iron Heart): While you are in an Iron Heart stance, your movement rate increases by 5’ and you have DR 1/-. These benefits stack with those granted by Absolute Steel and Supreme Blade Parry respectively.
Iron Heart Legend (Legendary, Iron Heart): When you shift into an Iron Heart stance, you may make a new saving throw against any one ongoing status effect, spell effect, or poison that is currently affecting you. At the GM’s discretion you may be able to use this ability to remove other ongoing effects that hinder your performance in combat (bur never diseases or curses). You get a bonus on this saving throw equal to your Intelligence modifier (minimum 0).

Stone Dragon
Stuff here

Tiger Claw
Also need stuff here

Stone Dragon
You guessed it, write stuff here.

New Feats
As with nearly all feats, you can only take these once each.
Heroic War Mastery (Prereqs: Warblade level 9, Int 13): Gain one additional War Mastery ability whose prerequisites you meet, which must be from the Heroic tier.
Champion War Mastery (Prereqs: Warblade level 13, Int 15): Gain one additional War Mastery ability whose prerequisites you meet, which may be from the Heroic or Champion tier.
Legendary War Mastery (Prereqs: Warblade level 17, Int 17, at least one of Heroic War Mastery or Champion War Mastery): Gain one additional War Mastery ability whose prerequisites you meet, which may be from any of the three tiers (Heroic, Champion, or Legendary).

khadgar567
2016-09-05, 03:43 AM
small problem I see drop the dialog based advice using language looks like here is my guide to play warblade that I made while being half asleep

jeffh
2016-09-05, 06:07 AM
small problem I see drop the dialog based advice using language looks like here is my guide to play warblade that I made while being half asleep

I don't follow. Can you restate that another way?