PDA

View Full Version : Out of the Abyss IC

Pages : 1 [2]

Lioslaith
2016-12-16, 12:18 PM
Jhaedys snorts at the cut off notice, Pffft, you said yourslef it cuts off in... apparently right about now.

Relkin
2016-12-16, 07:07 PM
**OOC** Wanted to spread a little holiday cheer so this next post will be in holiday poem (https://www.carols.org.uk/twas_the_night_before_christmas.htm) form :smalltongue: **

Twas the night of first freedom, when all through the camp
Not a creature was stirring, not even an Underdark scamp.
The watchers were watching by the cave entrance with care,
In hopes that no creature soon would be there.

The former slaves were nestled all snug on the ground,
While nightmares of demons and death danced all around.
Now Landon in his caution, and Glim with his knack,
Had just settled their brains with a short Underdark nap.

When last to rise, Barakas took post with no clatter,
No other events transpired, nothing was the matter.
Away in their slumber, the rest were not woken,
By the last to watch, something must of been broken.

With a little old Buppido, so lively and quick,
was the first to rise, and see Barakas' nick.
More larger it grew, and so the blood dained,
And Buppido whistled, he shouted, and woke the rest by name!

"Now, Landon! Now, Dakva! Now, Glim! Now, Turvy and Eldeth!
Wake, Jimjar! Wake, Reginald! Wake, Stool! Wake, Shuushar and Sarith!
To my side! Watch the blood of the floor!
No look away! Look away! You wont want to see more!"

As the blood pooled, before the dreary group,
When they meet with an obstacle, surely they are not duped.
Alas it seems, a friend has been slain.
They are loyal and kind, for he will not die in vain..

*OOC* OK I don't think I can go on with this LOL **

You rise to the screams of Buppido as he stumbles upon the bloody corpse of Barakas. His throat had been slit clean and the blood is left to flow out and pool around him. Some woke with the warm sensation of the blood seeping into their clothes while others were lucky to be further away from the still warm corpse. It seems that there was also something carved into his chest just under his shirt and a bit above his armor. Whoever looks closely enough notices what seems to be a symbol carved in. Something none of you have ever seen before.... But more importantly, a recent friend is now dead and it seems fairly recent.. Was it one of you who did it? Or was it something passing by? Was it a demon or a fiend? These questions plague your mind as you are sharply reminded that the Underdark is not a safe place, not for anyone...

http://i.imgur.com/9uwASR8.jpg

Majin
2016-12-17, 05:04 AM
Glim springs up as he hears the screams. "Wha-what? What's going on?". Then he notices Barakas and freezes in place. "Oh dear, oh dear...".

It seemed like Barakas was already dead, based on the amount of blood that had already leaked out. Nothing to be done anymore. "Did... Did anyone see or hear anything? What..." Glim notices a weird mark Barakas's chest. His curious, academic side takes over, and calms him "Now what is this? Why would someone carve this on him..." Was this something the drow could have done? Or maybe that weird demonic creature. Then again, why didn't anyone notice anything? They should have had someone on watch.

Glim also looks at the scene, to find some clues about the perpetrator.

Int: [roll0] to figure something out about the weird mark. +2 if Arcana or History applies.

Investigation: [roll1] to find some clues.

Minescratcher
2016-12-17, 02:25 PM
Dakva sleepily pushed herself up, feeling glad to wake from her uneasy sleep - until she felt the blood pooling on the floor. She reflexively lit a fireball in her hand to see.
"W... w-what t-the..."

After taking a moment to recover from the bile rising in her throat, she forced herself to get up and check Barakas' body for any signs of what had happened.

Casting Produce Flame.
Perception at disadvantage: [roll0], [roll1]
Investigation: [oops]
Intelligence to determine the mark (+2 if Nature applies): [roll2]

Cleavon
2016-12-17, 08:37 PM
Reginald Collingsworth III

Woke up with a start, hearing the commotion that had begun. He shielded his eyes from the produce flame spell, the darkness breaking so suddenly made him wince and rub at his face a bit as he finally got up.

"What in the...what's going on are we under attack?"

The screams had woken him and as his eyes cleared he finally saw the body, stopping and staring for a moment, then rushing to grab up his weapons.

"Murdered...gods be good whoever did this is one sick...what hell is that on his chest?"

Reginald turned about, wondering if those same screams had woken everyone up...just how far off could the killer have gotten?

Dr.Samurai
2016-12-18, 09:02 PM
Landon

Landon wakes with a start at the sounds of Buppido screaming. Without thinking, he leaps up and grabs the derro, forcing him against the wall and cupping his hand over Buppido's mouth. QUIET! he commands through his own telepathy. He turns to the others and sees Barakas' body, lifeless and bleeding out right there in the midst of the group. In his former life, Landon would have reacted like Buppido, or Dakva, at the sight of a murdered man. But after spending time as a slave to the illithid, he had seen far worse, and is now, for better or ill, inured to sights like the one before him. Dakva's light goes on and Landon instinctively turns his face and closes his eyes to the sudden brightness. He speaks to the group through his telepathy, Everyone remain calm. And keep quiet. We can't afford to draw more attention to ourselves. He gives Buppido a pointed look, but removes his hand from the derro's mouth and backs off of him. Did anyone see what happened? he asks, squinting through the light to address the group.

Relkin
2016-12-19, 12:27 PM
Buppido glares at Landon after being pushed against the wall. He swats the hand away but keeps his mouth shut. Eldeth somberly looks at the dead Tiefling and quietly moves away from the scene.

Dakva and Glim go about investigating the body and mark. Glim, upon closer inspection, notices the cut isn't that clean as was first thought. It actually looks rough like it was done with a more or less dull blade. At least dull compared to a sword or dagger. Dakva and Glim both take a look at the symbol carved out in Barakas' flesh. It is hard to determine what exactly it is but something in the back of both of their minds indicate demonic in nature...

Sarith chimes in to the group, in undercommon to those that can understand him, "I'm sorry about your friend, well... our friend.. We should be defensive but also decide what we are going to do next. I don't think it's wise to leave his armor and gear seeing as how we can utilize that. Perhaps give it to the other Tiefling..." He trails off whilst turning to Jhaedys "Regardless we need to get out of here. Whatever did this could return and it should be best to keep on the move." Sarith explains to the group the importance of moving forward.

Lioslaith
2016-12-20, 08:12 AM
Jhaedys likewise awoke with a start, though outwardly nothing seemed to change. Not even his breathing. Growing up as he did had taught him the benefits of letting your attacker think you were still asleep.

However after the noise and commotion he saw no reason to continue the ruse. I saw nor heard anything either. Who or what ever did it was extremely quiet and clearly not interested in all our deaths.

He quietly got to his feat and bent to examine the body as well, though he held no illusions that he would find anything more than the others. [roll0]

He nodded his agreement with Sarith regarding the equipment, Yes, it certainly would fit and be greatly appreciated. I would be honored to wear it should no one mind. I hesitate to suggest this next thing but we are low on food...

Majin
2016-12-20, 06:41 PM
"So, I don't really recognize the symbol, maybe if I had access to a proper library.... Nevertheless, it is likely demonic of origin. The carving was done with a dull implement. It could have been a blade, but I also suspect it could have been claw". The memory of the demonic beast flashes into his mind. "Well, everyone remembers the beast we saw a couple of days ago. There is a chance the perpetrator could have been it, or something related to it". The other possibility was something he would rather not consider. He hadn't been with the group for a very long time, but they seemed mostly nice folk. And starting to point fingers might cause the situation to devolve quickly.

Dr.Samurai
2016-12-20, 09:35 PM
Landon

Sarith explains to the group the importance of moving forward. Regardless we need to get out of here. Whatever did this could return and it should be best to keep on the move.

Whatever did this could return? Landon scoffs. It seems the others believe that some creature snuck into the camp, cut Barakas' neck, and then scampered off, without so much as stealing anything or taking the man for food. It seems far fetched. But Landon looks up at the group. There were so many of them. Could they risk accusing each other of murdering Barakas? Could they risk not finding the killer, if there was one among them?

Jhaedys speaks up to Sarith's suggestion that he wear Barakas' armor, Yes, it certainly would fit and be greatly appreciated. I would be honored to wear it should no one mind. I hesitate to suggest this next thing but we are low on food...

Landon's gaze snaps to the newcomer among them. Landon didn't know Barakas for long, so he didn't have a very deep connection to the man. But they were connected in the sense that they were both snatched from their lives to this hell of a place, kept as slaves, surrounded by dangers at every turn, and wanting nothing more than to make it back home to the surface. Any one of them might end up like Barakas in the days to come. Take whatever gear he had, and touch nothing else of him.

He walks a distance from the group, looking for signs of the killer. In the tunnels outside of the illithid city, they had creatures that looked like stone. They were stalagmites as you approached them, but hid jagged maws and whipping tentacles. Could something like this be around them? Did other creatures blend into the Underdark as well?

[roll0]

Lioslaith
2016-12-20, 09:59 PM
Jhaedys begins transferring the gear, anything that will fit, and grabs the other short sword. Twirling the twin swords i a tight flourish, Yes these would do nicely. He decided not to push the food harvest just yet, whatever had killed Barakus would kill again. Whatever warning it was trying to convey the group had not ciphered it out yet.

Another warning would be delivered.

Relkin
2016-12-22, 07:27 AM
Landon heads a few feet away, back to the previous path they were following, and looks around. Nothing can be seen in terms of intruder or passerby's. He is reminded of how quiet it was when he had watch. Possibly abnormally quiet.

Back at "camp" Barakas' body is stripped of possessions and lain on the floor. The rest of the group collects what little belongings they have while Jhaedys gets acclimated to his new gear. Sarith heads out to Landon and gives him a nod that things are ready to proceed. He then waits by the path while the rest finish getting ready and begin to line up.

Just give me a heads up in either OOC or here that you guys are ready to move out and start the next day. I mentioned that a bit with my other post using Sarith but just want to make it clear I'm waiting on you guys for the go ahead to move on. Majority and we'll move.

Lioslaith
2016-12-22, 07:35 AM
Nodding and giving one last shrug to get everything situated Jhaedys makes his way to Sarith and Landon, ready to go.

Minescratcher
2016-12-22, 10:35 AM
Dakva stood over Barakas' body and muttered a short Druidic prayer, then followed Jhaedys back out of the cave.
"W-well, I guess w-we should b-be going now..."

Majin
2016-12-22, 06:42 PM
Glim fidgeted awkwardly, but listened to Daekva's short speech. It felt like someone should have said something, but then again nobody really knew Barakas.

"Right right. We have a murderer on our heels after all", Glim says to Dakva.

Glim tries commit the symbol to memory as well as he can (damn the lack of proper equipment), and then turns to leave.

Cleavon
2016-12-22, 09:19 PM

Still kept a furrowed brow as he thought about their worse, and now getting even worse situation. With a murderer on their trail, or possibly among them the going would only get harder and harder. Regardless moving on was the right option.

"Agreed. We can forage for more food on the move and just try and be more on our guard from here on out."

When we move on, foraging for food (Provided I have enough light at some point I guess?)

Survival
[roll0]

Dr.Samurai
2016-12-27, 09:16 PM
Landon

Landon doesn't see anything out of the ordinary as he searches in and around the camp, but that might mean nothing. Everyone stay alert. The creatures down here can look like even the stones around us. He seems reminded of something, and fishes a pouch he had collected earlier from the dead drow. He walks beside Glim and starts to hand him various spell components, Here, I recovered this from the drow that Topsy killed. I'll need some myself, but better if we can both call upon our magic.

Once finished dividing the contents of the component pouch, Landon returns to Barakas' corpse. Squatting beside the body, he closes the tiefling's eyes, Thank you, for reminding me that I am in more danger now than we were just yesterday. That despite escaping the drow, we are not safe. I'm sorry Barakas. I hope, despite your fate, that you have found peace.

Landon stands, nods to the others to indicate he is ready, and prepares to move on.

Relkin
2016-12-28, 09:45 AM
Sarith leads the way out of the makeshift campsite and the rest follow. The travel is long and difficult, with winding tunnels and tight corridors. The group turns a corner and travels a bit down this particular kind of corridor and are in a single file formation. The walls are close and the ceiling is low. A slight feeling of claustrophobia is apparent even to the heartiest of travelers. Thankfully the area is dimly lit by some phosphorescent moss and lichen that you are starting to learn are commonly found in the Underdark.Shuushar tells Sarith to stop and the whole group halts. 50 feet away from Sarith there is an orc, and presumably a group of them behind him, traveling right in the direction of the group. They don't seem friendly either. Sarith relays this information back to the group in undercommon and tells everyone to prepare. Stool gets his spores out just in time before combat officially begins!

Ok so below is the battle grid (5 foot squares each), a work in progress as I normally use actual maps. Below I am rolling for initiative for the group and then I'll have that organized in a chart as well.
You are in a tight corridor so there is little room on either sides of you. The first enemy is 60 feet away as depicted below. Stool let out his spores so you all can speak freely with your minds.

S: [roll0]
DD: [roll1]
SS: [roll2]
J: [roll3]
R: [roll4]
L: [roll5]
T: [roll6]
G: [roll7]
B: [roll8]
ST: [roll9]
D: [roll10]
E: [roll11]
JJ: [roll12]

EoG: [roll13]
O1: [roll14]
O2: [roll15]
O3: [roll16]
O4: [roll17]
O5: [roll18]
O6: [roll19]

If I go first just give me a bit to figure out the first actions and etc.

Order

Name

DD - 20

ST - 19

T - 18

EoG - 18

L - 18

O1 - 16

J - 14

JJ - 14

O6 - 14

D - 13

S-12

02 - 11

G - 10

R - 10

O3 - 9

O5 - 9

B - 9

SS - 8

E - 4

O4 - 3

x/y

a

b

c

d

e

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

EoG

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

O6

x

x

x

x

O5

x

x

x

x

O4

x

x

x

x

O3

x

x

x

x

O2

x

x

x

x

O1

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

S

x

x

x

x

DD

x

x

x

x

SS

x

x

x

x

J

x

x

x

x

R

x

x

x

x

L

x

x

x

x

T

x

x

x

x

G

x

x

x

x

B

x

x

x

x

ST

x

x

x

x

D

x

x

x

x

E

x

x

x

x

JJ

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

*Round 1*

Dr.Samurai
2016-12-29, 07:58 PM
Landon

Landon freezes at the revelation that a group of orcs are marching right towards them. He strains to look, but his elven vision can't penetrate the darkness far enough to see the threat. Eyes wide and mind racing, he reaches out through the telepathy, Do the orcs fear the drow? Sarith, can you try to use the reputation of the drow to intimidate them?

Relkin
2017-01-02, 07:24 AM
Derendil looks ahead towards the approaching Orcs and expresses his disgust "Ugh, orcs.. destroying my homeland and always prancing about doing their little victory dances.. gross." He sighs and laments as he looks down at his claws, "I'm not sure I can fight these creatures, I don't even know how to use these things...." He then moves past Sarith and sets himself in front of him. "At least I can protect you all..."

Stool is scared of the situation and stays put for his turn.

Turvy doesn't like this at all and curses the cramped corridor. He just waits for the orcs to advance closer.

Sarith calls back in his mind to Landon, "I don't believe it will work with this many. There seem to be a lot..."

Landon is up next!

Order

Name
Taken? Y/N

DD - 20
Y

ST - 19
Y

T - 18
Y

EoG - 18
Y

L - 18
N

O1 - 16
N

J - 14
N

JJ - 14
N

O6 - 14
N

D - 13
N

S-12
N

02 - 11
N

G - 10
N

R - 10
N

O3 - 9
N

O5 - 9
N

B - 9
N

SS - 8
N

E - 4
N

O4 - 3
N

x/y

a

b

c

d

e

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

EoG

x

x

x

x

O6

x

x

x

x

O5

x

x

x

x

O4

x

x

x

x

O3

x

x

x

x

O2

x

x

x

x

O1

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

DD

x

x

x

x

S

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

SS

x

x

x

x

J

x

x

x

x

R

x

x

x

x

L

x

x

x

x

T

x

x

x

x

G

x

x

x

x

B

x

x

x

x

ST

x

x

x

x

D

x

x

x

x

E

x

x

x

x

JJ

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

Dr.Samurai
2017-01-03, 11:09 AM
Landon

Landon ignores the drow; there is no time to argue. He looks up and around the tunnel, and notices some decent hand and foot holds among the lichen and moss growing along the tunnel walls. He gives a glance back the way they had come, Right, going back is not an option. No choice then. He grabs hold of the side of the tunnel and climbs up to a spot just below the ceiling, where he has a better vantage of their enemies. Perched there, he extends his right hand, They can't bring all of their aggression to bear at once. Focus on the one in front. He narrows his eyes and fires off a bolt of sickly purple energy.

Who has the caltrops? he asks telepathically, We can make this uncomfortable for them.

Movement - Climb up toward ceiling (I guess climb up 5ft?)
Bonus Action - Hex O1
Action - Eldritch Blast vs O1
Attack - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1] + [roll2]

I don't remember off-hand what Hex does, and it isn't in the SRD. I know it adds a d6, but I think it does something else as well. In any event, I figure it might be useful to use here.

Relkin
2017-01-05, 02:34 PM
The Orc in front takes the painful blow and grunts in frustration. He rushes forward towards Derendil, moving as if twice the speed of a normal creature. He brings up his Greataxe over his head and stops in front of Derendil, bringing it down aiming at the Quaggoths chest. He lands a clean blow on the shapeshifted Elf and sprays blood onto the floor.

Jhaendys is next up to try to take down this Orc invader!

Orc 1:
Bonus Action: Move to C16
Movement: Move to C18
Attack: [roll0] vs. 13 AC
Damage: [roll1] slashing vs. 45 hp

Order

Name
Taken? Y/N

DD - 20
Y

ST - 19
Y

T - 18
Y

EoG - 18
Y

L - 18
N

O1 - 16
N

J - 14
N

JJ - 14
N

O6 - 14
N

D - 13
N

S-12
N

02 - 11
N

G - 10
N

R - 10
N

O3 - 9
N

O5 - 9
N

B - 9
N

SS - 8
N

E - 4
N

O4 - 3
N

x/y

a

b

c

d

e

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

EoG

x

x

x

x

O6

x

x

x

x

O5

x

x

x

x

O4

x

x

x

x

O3

x

x

x

x

O2

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

O1

x

x

x

x

DD

x

x

x

x

S

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

SS

x

x

x

x

J

x

x

x

x

R

x

x

x

x

L

x

x

x

x

T

x

x

x

x

G

x

x

x

x

B

x

x

x

x

ST

x

x

x

x

D

x

x

x

x

E

x

x

x

x

JJ

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

Lioslaith
2017-01-05, 02:57 PM
Jhaedys moves forward around his companions to take up the empty spot in line. Thinking to Landon No caltrops here, just keep someone next to them to distract them and I can place my shots better.

Moving to 21. and then attacking with the hand crossbow.

Relkin
2017-01-06, 01:27 PM
The orc that left a nasty gash in Derendils chest smiles at his accomplishment, this smile slowly fades though as a bolt comes into his vision from the side of Derendil and continues straight into his vision... Literally taking the bolt into his eye and the end sticking out the back of his skull. He drops to the floor with a heavy thud. There is a scream of hatred heard from the Orc gathering ahead as into view an Orc pushes past his comrades roaring. He runs forward snatching a javelin off his back and stops in the middle of the corridor before hurling it towards Derendil. The javelin flies through the air and falls short of Derendil, actually piercing into his own dead companion. The Orc screams in rage at the miss

Meanwhile all the way in the back Jimjar is frustrated there is really nothing he can do. He hears Landon reach out to everyone about Caltrops. "I have some, not sure what good I can do from back here though..." He sighs a bit, "If I can get closer to the front lines I'll try to throw some out.." Jimjar throws his plan on there and waits to move closer to the front in order to throw the caltrops out.

Dakva is up next to decided what best decision to make to combat the impending Orc doom....

Jimjar: Ready action to move forward if a space opens up that he could move to.

Orc 6:
Movement: Move to C8
Bonus Action: Move to C13
Javelin Attack: [roll0] vs. 13 AC
Damage: [roll1] piercing vs. 30 HP

Order

Name
Taken? Y/N

DD - 20
Y

ST - 19
Y

T - 18
Y

EoG - 18
Y

L - 18
Y

O1 - 16
Y

J - 14
Y

JJ - 14
Y

O6 - 14
Y

*D - 13*
N

S-12
N

02 - 11
N

G - 10
N

R - 10
N

O3 - 9
N

O5 - 9
N

B - 9
N

SS - 8
N

E - 4
N

O4 - 3
N

x/y

a

b

c

d

e

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

EoG

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

O5

x

x

x

x

O4

x

x

x

x

O3

x

x

x

x

O2

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

O6

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

O1

x

x

x

x

DD

x

x

x

x

S

x

x

x

x

J

x

x

x

x

SS

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

R

x

x

x

x

L

x

x

x

x

T

x

x

x

x

G

x

x

x

x

B

x

x

x

x

ST

x

x

x

x

D

x

x

x

x

E

x

x

x

x

JJ

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

Dr.Samurai
2017-01-06, 02:38 PM
Landon

Landon's annoyance comes through in the telepathy, Pass the blasted bags forward then! We are just as bottle-necked here as they are! The harder for them to get to Derendil, the better.

Minescratcher
2017-01-06, 05:18 PM
Dakva thinks for a second, then moves forward through the line. "Excuse me, please... Just have to be a little bit closer." She speaks a few words, then raises her arms suddenly as massive vines burst through the cavern floor, trapping the Orcs in the rear.

"How's that for caltrops?"

Move to C29. Cast entangle, centered on C11. All ground in a 20-ft square (centered on C11) becomes difficult terrain for 1 minute or until concentration ends. All creatures within the same 20-ft square must make a Strength save or be restrained. Move back to C30.

O2's save: [roll0] + mod vs DC 13
O3's save: [roll1] + mod vs DC 13
O4's save: [roll2] + mod vs DC 13

Cleavon
2017-01-08, 11:12 AM

"Dammit all! The corridor nullifies our number. I suppose it does nothing for their number either...but does anyone have a spare ranged weapon? It wouldn't feel right to just sit here!"

Relkin
2017-01-09, 08:29 AM
Dakva steps forward near Stool and causes vines to emerge all around the corridor near the orcs. The two closest in their line towards the group are restrained and tangled within the vines while the one closest to the group and in the middle remains unfazed by the vines, his rage seething.

Sarith calls back to Reginald in his mind and draws the two crossbow bolts. He tosses one back with a case of bolts (10) to the space open in front of Reginald before aiming forward with his free one and releasing a bolt at the Orc in the middle of the corridor standing menacingly amidst the vines. Unfortunately with Derendil blocking the way Sarith is unable to hit his target..

Meanwhile the first restrained Orc struggles to free itself. He ultimately fails to do so and only gets himself even further stuck an restrained. He drops the javelin on his back and his greataxe...

Glim and Reginald are both up next!

Sarith
Attack O6: [roll0] vs AC+2
Damage 06: [roll1] vs HP

O2
Action: Strength check to break free from restrained - [roll2] + mod
Bonus action: Move to C12
Movement: Move to C16

Order

Name
Taken? Y/N

DD - 20
Y

ST - 19
Y

T - 18
Y

EoG - 18
Y

L - 18
Y

O1 - 16
Y

J - 14
Y

JJ - 14
Y

O6 - 14
Y

D - 13
Y

S-12
Y

02 - 11 (Restrained)
Y

*G - 10*
N

R - 10
N

O3 - 9 (Restrained)
N

O5 - 9
N

B - 9
N

SS - 8
N

E - 4
N

O4 - 3
N

x/y

a

b

c

d

e

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

EoG

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

O5

x

x

x

x

O4

x

x

x

x

O3 Difficult Terrain

x

x

x

x

O2 Difficult Terrain

x

x

x

x

Difficult Terrain

x

x

x

x

Difficult Terrain

x

x

x

x

Difficult Terrain

x

x

x

x

O6 Difficult Terrain

x

x

x

x

Difficult Terrain

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

O1

x

x

x

x

DD

x

x

x

x

S

x

x

x

x

J

x

x

x

x

SS

x

x

x

x

Hand crossbow and case of bolts

x

x

x

x

R

x

x

x

x

L

x

x

x

x

T

x

x

x

x

G

x

x

x

x

B

x

x

x

x

ST

x

x

x

x

D

x

x

x

x

E

x

x

x

x

JJ

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

Majin
2017-01-09, 12:06 PM
"Excuse me, excuse me..." Glim mutters nervously. He awkwardly shoots a firebolt at the orc in the front.

Cast Frostbite at Orc 6.

It must succeed in Con save or take [roll0] damage and have disadvantage on its next attack roll.

Attack roll in OOC

Relkin
2017-01-09, 01:27 PM
Out from the back of the line comes a shoot streak of fire whizzing by everyone. You can just barely feel the warmth on your face before it dissipates. The bolt whips by and slams into the Orc, unfortunately it barely fazes him as he takes the puny damage with ease. Staring down the hall with menacing eyes.

What shall Reginald do!?

Cleavon
2017-01-09, 09:10 PM

Took a step forward and scooped up the crossbow and the bolts. This would do nicely. Finding the mechanism surprisingly easy to work he pulled it back and loaded it up, hoping the intervening members of their team didn't pose too much of a trouble to his aim.

Five foot step, pick up the crossbow and bolts, load one bolt and fire.

Attack!
[roll0] (Defender has cover :smallannoyed:)

Damge!
[roll1]

Relkin
2017-01-11, 08:29 AM
Reginald swings up the Hand Crossbow and takes aim at the second closest Orc he can see. The bolt wizzes by Reginalds companions, past the closest Orc and seems to be heading straight for its target! Unfortunately the aiming is off just slightly and the bolt slams into a vine blocking the path. The Orc, struggling within the vines, looks up at the vine in front of him after hearing a thud and sees a bolt head sticking out, inches from his face.. a very close call for him.

From behind this Orc another attempts to break free from the vines. He struggles and struggles but can't break free.

Another Orc pushes through the vines and stops behind the middle Orc (O6). He also raises up his javelin and attempts to strike down one of the enemies, although from a bit further away causing a slight issue with aiming. Still the Orc uses all its might and throws the javelin into Derendils side. The Quaggoth roars in pain and glares down at the orcs.

Buppido not really able to do anything with his two daggers pulls out a bag of caltrops he has. He tosses them to where Landon was standing prior to climbing on the wall, "Here's your damn caltrops. Do what you want with them!" He mentally expresses towards Landon and of course the group.

Shuushar, who swore off violence begins to preach to the group on his non violent ways to approach aggression. He moves away towards the free spot Reginald opened up and pleads with the group to stand down..

Eldeth is too far back to really see what's going on or be able to help. She curses at the predicament she is in and hopes for an opportunity to move forward

Finally the last Orc moves forward through the vines and also attempts to throw forward a Javelin. He launches a Javelin past his companions and at the raging Quaggoth. Like the others though it falls short and lands next to the orc corpse.

With that the first round is over!

O3
Action: Strength check to break free [roll0] + Mod
Movement: Move to C11
Bonus Action: Move to C14

O5
Movement: Move to C9
Bonus Action: Move to C12
Attack: Javelin at Derendil with Disadvantage (Out of Range)
[roll1] + Mod vs AC +2 (Cover)
[roll2] + Mod vs AC +2 (Cover/Disadvantage)
Damage: [roll3] + mod piercing damage.

Buppido
Free Action: Toss bag of caltrops to C25

Shuushar
Move: C24
Free Action: Preach nonsense

O4
Move: Move to C10
Bonus Action: Move to C11
Attack: Attack: Javelin at Derendil with Disadvantage (Out of Range)
[roll4] + Mod vs AC +2 (Cover)
[roll5] + Mod vs AC +2 (Cover/Disadvantage)
Damage: [roll6] + mod piercing damage.

Order

Name
Taken? Y/N

DD - 20
Y

ST - 19
Y

T - 18
Y

EoG - 18
Y

L - 18
Y

O1 - 16
Y

J - 14
Y

JJ - 14
Y

O6 - 14
Y

D - 13
Y

S-12
Y

02 - 11 (Restrained)
Y

G - 10
Y

R - 10
Y

O3 - 9 (Restrained)
Y

O5 - 9
Y

B - 9
Y

SS - 8
Y

E - 4
Y

O4 - 3
Y

x/y

a

b

c

d

e

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

EoG

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

O3 Difficult Terrain

x

x

x

x

O2 Difficult Terrain

x

x

x

x

Difficult Terrain

x

x

x

x

O4 Difficult Terrain

x

x

x

x

O5Difficult Terrain

x

x

x

x

O6 Difficult Terrain

x

x

x

x

Difficult Terrain

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

O1

x

x

x

x

DD

x

x

x

x

S

x

x

x

x

J

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

R

x

x

x

x

SS

x

x

x

x

L Bag of Caltrops

x

x

x

x

T

x

x

x

x

G

x

x

x

x

B

x

x

x

x

ST

x

x

x

x

D

x

x

x

x

E

x

x

x

x

JJ

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

*Round 1 End*

Relkin
2017-01-11, 09:59 AM
*Round 2 Begin*

Derendil grows more and more angry at the repeated attacks. He steps over the dead orc and rushes forward to the first orc in front of him. He reaches out with his claws and swipes at the Orc. He hits with one and misses with the other but the damage still causes the Orc to bleed.

Stool meanwhile just sits in the back and wonders what he can do to help. He cheers everyone on and tells Glim that he is the best!

Turvy unsure of what to do next still waits for an opening to get in.

The last orc in the group, barely visible but clearly the largest looking one and holding a glowing spear, moves forward to one of the restrained orcs. It is hard to see but there is a soft glow as he lays his hands on the other orc and a chanting can be heard. After doing so he looks up down the corridor and lets a smile creep onto his face.

Landon clinging to the wall must decided on what to do next!

Not sure what happened to the rolls and everything but I posted it to OOC

Order

Name
Taken? Y/N

x/y

a

b

c

d

e

DD - 20
Y

x

x

x

x

ST - 19
Y

x

x

x

x

T - 18
Y

x

x

x

x

EoG - 18
Y

x

x

x

x

*L - 18*
N

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

J - 14
N

x

x

EoG

x

x

JJ - 14
N

x

x

O3 Difficult Terrain

x

x

O6 - 14
N

x

x

O2 Difficult Terrain

x

x

D - 13
N

x

x

Difficult Terrain

x

x

S-12
N

x

x

O4 Difficult Terrain

x

x

02 - 11 (Restrained)
N

x

x

O5 Difficult Terrain

x

x

G - 10
N

x

x

O6 Difficult Terrain

x

x

R - 10
N

x

x

DDDifficult Terrain

x

x

O3 - 9 (Restrained)
N

x

x

x

x

O5 - 9
N

x

x

x

x

B - 9
N

x

x

x

x

SS - 8
N

x

x

O1

x

x

E - 4
N

x

x

x

x

O4 - 3
N

x

x

S

x

x

x

x

J

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

R

x

x

x

x

SS

x

x

x

x

L Bag of Caltrops

x

x

x

x

T

x

x

x

x

G

x

x

x

x

B

x

x

x

x

ST

x

x

x

x

D

x

x

x

x

E

x

x

x

x

JJ

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

Dr.Samurai
2017-01-11, 10:51 AM
Landon

Landon can barely look down as he hugs the tunnel wall perched on a foothold, but he hears the bag of caltrops fall somewhere beneath him, What am I supposed to do with those Buppido? he hisses back through the telepathy. And now Derendil has run right into one of the orcs after Dakva had contained them with magic. Landon concentrates and moves his magic to another orc further back, releasing another bolt of eldritch energy at it.

Bonus Action - Move Hex to O2.
Eldritch Blast vs O2 w/Advantage - [roll0], [roll1]
Damage - [roll2], [roll3]

Relkin
2017-01-11, 11:03 AM
Landon

Landon can barely look down as he hugs the tunnel wall perched on a foothold, but he hears the bag of caltrops fall somewhere beneath him, What am I supposed to do with those Buppido? he hisses back through the telepathy. And now Derendil has run right into one of the orcs after Dakva had contained them with magic. Landon concentrates and moves his magic to another orc further back, releasing another bolt of eldritch energy at it.

Bonus Action - Move Hex to O2.
Eldritch Blast vs O2 w/Advantage - [roll0], [roll1]
Damage - [roll2], [roll3]

The blast hits the Orc with a heft blow and leaves it wounded.

Jheadys is up next!

Lioslaith
2017-01-11, 11:59 AM
Jhaedys moves forward, stepping over the dead Orc and firing at the closest one.

Jhaedys moves forward to C19 and fires at Orc 06.
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]

Relkin
2017-01-11, 12:46 PM
Jhaedys steps forward and shoots a bolt past Derendil, smashing into the Orc and toppling it over. Its body goes limp within seconds.

Jimjar stares at the commotion up front but still can't make it further. He curses the circumstances he is in...

Dakva is ready to show us what she has next up her sleeves!

Jimjar
Ready Action: Ready movement to a space that opens up if within range.

Order

Name
Taken? Y/N

x/y

a

b

c

d

e

DD - 20
Y

x

x

x

x

ST - 19
Y

x

x

x

x

T - 18
Y

x

x

x

x

EoG - 18
Y

x

x

x

x

[L - 18
Y

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

J - 14
Y

x

x

EoG

x

x

JJ - 14
Y

x

x

O3 Difficult Terrain

x

x

x

x

O2 Difficult Terrain

x

x

*D - 13*
N

x

x

Difficult Terrain

x

x

S-12
N

x

x

O4 Difficult Terrain

x

x

02 - 11 (Restrained and Hexed - Dex)
N

x

x

O5 Difficult Terrain

x

x

G - 10
N

x

x

O6 Difficult Terrain

x

x

R - 10
N

x

x

DDDifficult Terrain

x

x

O3 - 9 (Restrained)
N

x

x

x

x

O5 - 9
N

x

x

x

x

B - 9
N

x

x

x

x

SS - 8
N

x

x

O1

x

x

E - 4
N

x

x

J

x

x

O4 - 3
N

x

x

S

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

R

x

x

x

x

SS

x

x

x

x

L Bag of Caltrops

x

x

x

x

T

x

x

x

x

G

x

x

x

x

B

x

x

x

x

ST

x

x

x

x

D

x

x

x

x

E

x

x

x

x

JJ

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

Minescratcher
2017-01-11, 01:53 PM
"I-I c-can't help!" Dakva blurts out, before remembering that barely half her group can understand her. "I can't help... The Orcs aren't in range of any other magic and I can't see much of what they're doing from back here."

*Sigh* Passing the turn...

Relkin
2017-01-11, 02:03 PM
With nothing in range Dakva stays behind and waits for the next chance she can get!

Sarith steps closer to back up Derendil and get a better shot on the next Orc. He lifts his hand crossbow and lets loose a bolt straight for the closest orc in the vines. The bolt flies though and unfortunately hits one of the vines around the Orc.

Meanwhile one of the orcs in the back once again attempts to free himself. He once again fails and is stuck.

Glim and Reginald are both up to bring the fight to the Orcs!

Sarith
Move: Move to C17
Attack O5: [roll0] +Mod vs AC
Damage: [roll1] +Mod vs HP Target must make DC 13 saving throw or be poisoned for 1 hour. If fail by 5 or more target is knocked unconscious.

O5 Con save [roll2] + Mod vs 13

O2
Action: Strength Check to break free - [roll3] + Mod vs 13
Move: Move to C10

Order

Name
Taken? Y/N

x/y

a

b

c

d

e

DD - 20
Y

x

x

x

x

ST - 19
Y

x

x

x

x

T - 18
Y

x

x

x

x

EoG - 18
Y

x

x

x

x

[L - 18
Y

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

J - 14
Y

x

x

EoG

x

x

JJ - 14
Y

x

x

O3 Difficult Terrain

x

x

x

x

O2 Difficult Terrain

x

x

D - 13
Y

x

x

Difficult Terrain

x

x

S-12
Y

x

x

O4 Difficult Terrain

x

x

02 - 11 (Restrained and Hexed - Dex)
Y

x

x

O5 Difficult Terrain

x

x

*G - 10*
N

x

x

O6 Difficult Terrain

x

x

R - 10
N

x

x

DDDifficult Terrain

x

x

O3 - 9 (Restrained)
N

x

x

x

x

O5 - 9
N

x

x

x

x

B - 9
N

x

x

S

x

x

SS - 8
N

x

x

O1

x

x

E - 4
N

x

x

J

x

x

O4 - 3
N

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

R

x

x

x

x

SS

x

x

x

x

L Bag of Caltrops

x

x

x

x

T

x

x

x

x

G

x

x

x

x

B

x

x

x

x

ST

x

x

x

x

D

x

x

x

x

E

x

x

x

x

JJ

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

Cleavon
2017-01-11, 08:18 PM
Reginald

Knew that they had to make short work of these orcs. If they got pinched between this traveling band of ruffians and the Drow pursuers they were going to be in for a world of trouble! With that in mind he took a deep breath and aimed at one of the far orcs, hoping to take down the threats that their front line couldn't reach.

Loading a crossbow bolt and firing. Much the same as last turn, firing at O2, he is restrained, Hand crossbow is at long range so Advantage and Disadvantage cancel one another out. Soft cover from intervening creatures.

Attack
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Relkin
2017-01-12, 09:09 AM
Reginald lifts his hand crossbow and takes aim. One of the trickiest shots yet with confidence he lets the bolt go. As if guided by the gods themselves it flies by Jhaedys, past Sarith, whips by Derendil, into the vine thicket, past an orc then past another orc until it finally reaches its destination. Straight into the orcs chest the bolt strikes true. Collapsing his lung and dropping him to the floor in a heaped mess of vines, blood and body.

With another Orc down what shall Glim do :)

Order

Name
Taken? Y/N

x/y

a

b

c

d

e

DD - 20
Y

x

x

x

x

ST - 19
Y

x

x

x

x

T - 18
Y

x

x

x

x

EoG - 18
Y

x

x

x

x

L - 18
Y

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

J - 14
Y

x

x

EoG

x

x

JJ - 14
Y

x

x

O3 Difficult Terrain

x

x

x

x

O2 Difficult Terrain

x

x

D - 13
Y

x

x

Difficult Terrain

x

x

S-12
Y

x

x

O4 Difficult Terrain

x

x

x

x

O5 Difficult Terrain

x

x

*G - 10*
N

x

x

O6 Difficult Terrain

x

x

R - 10
Y

x

x

DD Difficult Terrain

x

x

O3 - 9 (Restrained)
N

x

x

x

x

O5 - 9
N

x

x

x

x

B - 9
N

x

x

S

x

x

SS - 8
N

x

x

O1

x

x

E - 4
N

x

x

J

x

x

O4 - 3
N

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

R

x

x

x

x

SS

x

x

x

x

L Bag of Caltrops

x

x

x

x

T

x

x

x

x

G

x

x

x

x

B

x

x

x

x

ST

x

x

x

x

D

x

x

x

x

E

x

x

x

x

JJ

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

Majin
2017-01-12, 03:00 PM
"How's Derendil doing? It's hard to see from back here..."

This time Glim grabs bunch of rose petals he got earlier and throws them in the air. He couldn't probably put more than one or two orcs into sleep, put it should ease things at least a little bit.

Cast Sleep, with the center point being orc 2. It shouldn't hit Derendil this way?

Hit points: [roll0]

Relkin
2017-01-17, 09:24 AM
The still struggling orc soon begins to stop struggling... within moments a loud snore can be heard from him. Unfortunately Glim was only able to affect one orc but its better than nothing!

The leader orc shouts something in guttural tones, almost disgusting sounding, towards the two orcs ahead of him.

The closest orc to the party steps forward brandishing his greataxe and swings it at Derenedil and smashes him on the chest, the blow leaves the creature bleeding.
He retreats back leaving an open space for his companion to step closer. Upon doing so though he invites an attack from Derendil but the Quaggoth is getting exhausted and is not able to get his claws up in time to swipe at the retreating orc.

Buppido, wanting to get in on some of the action, decides to rush forward as much as he can.

Suushar is saddened by the violent fighting and steps in front of Buppido in hopes he could convince the creature to stay back.

Eldeth moves forward to Buppidos previously held position, hoping she can get her hands around some orc necks.

The last orc to act moves forward to the open spot in front of Derendil and brings forth his axe as well. He swings and just barely misses Derendil, looks like he still has some rage left in him.

Order

Name
Taken? Y/N

x/y

a

b

c

d

e

DD - 20
Y

x

x

x

x

ST - 19
Y

x

x

x

x

T - 18
Y

x

x

x

x

EoG - 18
Y

x

x

x

x

L - 18
Y

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

J - 14
Y

x

x

EoG

x

x

JJ - 14
Y

x

x

O3 Difficult Terrain

x

x

x

x

O2 Difficult Terrain

x

x

D - 13
Y

x

x

Difficult Terrain

x

x

S-12
Y

x

x

Difficult Terrain

x

x

x

x

O5 Difficult Terrain

x

x

G - 10
Y

x

x

O4 O6 Difficult Terrain

x

x

R - 10
Y

x

x

DD Difficult Terrain

x

x

O3 - 9 (Sleeping/Restrained)
Y

x

x

x

x

O5 - 9
Y

x

x

x

x

B - 9
Y

x

x

S

x

x

SS - 8
Y

x

x

O1

x

x

E - 4
Y

x

x

J

x

x

O4 - 3
Y

x

x

x

x

x

x

SS

x

x

x

x

B

x

x

x

x

R

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

L Bag of Caltrops

x

x

x

x

T

x

x

x

x

G

x

x

x

x

E

x

x

x

x

ST

x

x

x

x

D

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

JJ

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

*Round 2 End*

Relkin
2017-01-17, 11:17 AM
*Round 3 Begin*

Derendil begins to rage out and his true beastly nature starts to show. He swipes furiously at the Orc in front of him with a large razor sharp paw and completely slices off a quarter of the orc, it collapse dead in front of Derendil. He then moves forward and steps on top of the two dead orcs to attack the other orc but misses thanks to the vines. He roars in frustration!

Stool is so happy that his best friend Glim is doing so well but begins to get scared of Derendil and the Orcs. He rushes to the back of the group and cowers behind Jimjar

Turvy sees the big lumbering Elf thingy and moves attempts to move closer to help.

The leading Orc is up next to combat the group!

I'm not sure of the actions I want the other Orc to do so I am seeing what are the results of Derendils attacks first

Derendil
Multiattack:
Claw 1 (Advantage) to O4: [roll0] or [roll1] + Mod vs AC
Damage: [roll2] + Mod Slashing
Wounded Fury damage: [roll3] extra slashing damage.
If O4 dies Move to C13 then Claw 2 vs O5
Claw 2 (Advantage): [roll4] or [roll5] + Mod vs AC
Damage: [roll6] + Mod Slashing
Wounded Fury damage: [roll7] extra slashing damage.

Stool
Movement: Move to C33

Turvy
Movement: Move to C23
Dash: Move to C20

Order

Name
Taken? Y/N

x/y

a

b

c

d

e

DD - 20
Y

x

x

x

x

ST - 19
Y

x

x

x

x

T - 18
Y

x

x

x

x

EoG - 18
N

x

x

x

x

*L - 18*
N

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

J - 14
N

x

x

EoG

x

x

JJ - 14
N

x

x

O3 Difficult Terrain

x

x

x

x

O2 Difficult Terrain

x

x

D - 13
N

x

x

Difficult Terrain

x

x

S-12
N

x

x

Difficult Terrain

x

x

x

x

O5 Difficult Terrain

x

x

G - 10
N

x

x

DD O4+O6 Difficult Terrain

x

x

R - 10
N

x

x

Difficult Terrain

x

x

N

x

x

x

x

O5 - 9
N

x

x

x

x

B - 9
N

x

x

S

x

x

SS - 8
N

x

x

O1

x

x

E - 4
N

x

x

J

x

x

x

x

T

x

x

x

x

SS

x

x

x

x

B

x

x

x

x

R

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

L Bag of Caltrops

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

G

x

x

x

x

E

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

D

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

JJ

x

x

x

x

ST

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

Relkin
2017-01-17, 12:41 PM
The leader of the Orcs steps forward into the fray, past his sleeping companion and towards Derendil. The weapon he is holding leaves his hands and floats next to the Orc Derendil missed. The weapon then strikes out at the quaggoth. It hits him in the leg causing the creature to bend slightly... He is bleeding profusely and it doesn't look like Derendil will be able to take much more... The Orc leader smiles as the quaggoth falters.

Landon is up next, will he be able to save Derendil in time.....

EoG
Movement: Move to C10
Bonus Action: Move spiritual weapon to C12
Attack Action: Spiritual weapon attack - [roll0] + Mod vs. AC
Damage: [roll1] + Mod vs HP

Order

Name
Taken? Y/N

x/y

a

b

c

d

e

DD - 20
Y

x

x

x

x

ST - 19
Y

x

x

x

x

T - 18
Y

x

x

x

x

EoG - 18
Y

x

x

x

x

*L - 18*
N

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

J - 14
N

x

x

x

x

JJ - 14
N

x

x

O3 Difficult Terrain

x

x

x

x

O2 Difficult Terrain

x

x

D - 13
N

x

x

EoGDifficult Terrain

x

x

S-12
N

x

x

Difficult Terrain

x

x

x

x

O5 Difficult Terrain

x

x

G - 10
N

x

x

x

x

R - 10
N

x

x

Difficult Terrain

x

x

N

x

x

x

x

O5 - 9
N

x

x

x

x

B - 9
N

x

x

S

x

x

SS - 8
N

x

x

O1

x

x

E - 4
N

x

x

J

x

x

x

x

T

x

x

x

x

SS

x

x

x

x

B

x

x

x

x

R

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

L Bag of Caltrops

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

G

x

x

x

x

E

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

D

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

JJ

x

x

x

x

ST

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

Dr.Samurai
2017-01-18, 10:03 AM
Landon

Derendil, move back!

Landon sees the orc leader, but takes aim at the warrior standing before Derendil.

Bonus Action - Switch Hex to O5.
Action - Eldritch Blast vs O5.
Attack - [roll0]

Relkin
2017-01-18, 11:57 AM
The Orc is bleed profusely from Landon's blast.

Derendil doesn't react to Landon's pleas

Will this be the end of the "Elf"

Jhaedys is up next to deal a finishing blow!

Lioslaith
2017-01-18, 01:25 PM
Jhaedys takes another step forward, inching ever closer to the vine morass and the orcs entangled therein, firing his crossbow.

Stepping forward to C18 and targeting the hexed Orc 5
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Relkin
2017-01-19, 09:41 AM
Jhaedys steps near the dead orc in front of him takes aim. Once again his shot meets its target and slays the vile creature. Just two more left...

Jimjar tries to look ahead and see if there is anything he can do.. reluctantly he sighs and steps forward towards Dakva. He reaches out with Stools spores, "Look Dakva, there is nothing I can do from back here but you can at least. Step closer and see if you can get a good shot at the ugly one..." He pauses for a moment, "Well they are all ugly but yeah just do your best!" He then pats her on the back and waits impatiently for the battle to come to a close...

That leads us to Dakva, what shall she do?

Jimjar
Movement: Move to C31
Free Action: Encourage Dakva :smallwink:

Order

Name
Taken? Y/N

x/y

a

b

c

d

e

DD - 20
Y

x

x

x

x

ST - 19
Y

x

x

x

x

T - 18
Y

x

x

x

x

EoG - 18
Y

x

x

x

x

L - 18
Y

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

J - 14
Y

x

x

x

x

JJ - 14
Y

x

x

O3 Difficult Terrain

x

x

x

x

O2 Difficult Terrain

x

x

*D - 13*
N

x

x

EoGDifficult Terrain

x

x

S-12
N

x

x

Difficult Terrain

x

x

x

x

O5 Difficult Terrain

x

x

G - 10
N

x

x

x

x

R - 10
N

x

x

Difficult Terrain

x

x

N

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

B - 9
N

x

x

S

x

x

SS - 8
N

x

x

J O1

x

x

E - 4
N

x

x

x

x

x

x

T

x

x

x

x

SS

x

x

x

x

B

x

x

x

x

R

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

L Bag of Caltrops

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

G

x

x

x

x

E

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

D

x

x

x

x

JJ

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

ST

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

Minescratcher
2017-01-19, 04:35 PM
"I-I... um..."

Dakva shifts forward as far as she can, and channels energy into her open hand. A ball of fire coalesces there, which she raises to eye level and then lowers with a sigh.
"They're still too far to hit... I don't think I'll be able to do much more."

Move to C26.
Cast produce flame.

Majin
2017-01-21, 05:30 PM
"I'll try to hit the nasty looking one... It's just hard to see from here... Well, as it happens, I do have a spell for that"

Glim waves his hands and three glowing bolts of magical energy leap out to strike the nasty orc now facing Derendil.

Hit EoG with Magic Missile.

Damage for bolts:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Cleavon
2017-01-21, 08:26 PM

Quickly working another bolt into the crossbow he watched as the magical missiles seemed to streak from behind him and go unerringly towards their target. He had seen such an attack before but still found it rather impressive, given how hard it was to aim his own ranged attacks at the moment, given the distance and traffic in the way.

Let's see if I can make it two..."

Drawing down he moved forward to the next available open spot and leveled the crossbow, firing at the dastardly orc that was giving Derendil so much trouble.

Move to C19. Bonus action to load a bolt, Attack action to fire at EoG. He has cover and I have disadvantage due to using the hand crossbow's long range.

Attack
[roll0]

[roll1]

Damage
[roll2]

Relkin
2017-01-24, 08:42 AM
Dakva steps closer and produces some fire while Glim shoots some magical missiles at the dangerous Orc. Reginald attempts a shot at it but his bolt gets stuck in a vine.

Sarith lets out a frustrated sigh and audibly yells in undercommon at Derendil to retreat, although he worries he wont be able to get through to the raging beast. He then takes a step forward and calls forth some innate magical ability within him and within a moment darkness begins to rise from the ground near large orc. It begins to pool like a thick oil but then rises into the air and envelopes the area surrounding the enemy. No one can see inside of the darkness... He mentally calls out to Dakva and the rest of the group, "Now if you all could quite dawdling and heal this oaf we may buy enough time to kill this orc..."

Unable to help Buppido stays where he is. Shuushar moves slightly forward in an attempt to get closer to Derendil and calm him down. Eldeth sees the opportunity to move closer and help so she dashes forward past her companions. She hopes that she can provide some defense where it is beginning to break.

Sarith
Action: Cast Darkness on C10

Buppido
No Action

Shuushar
Movement: Move to C17

Eldeth
Movement: Move to C24
Dash Action: Move to C21

Order

Name
Taken? Y/N

x/y

a

b

c

d

e

DD - 20
Y

x

x

x

x

ST - 19
Y

x

x

x

x

T - 18
Y

x

x

x

x

EoG - 18
Y

x

x

x

x

L - 18
Y

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

J - 14
Y

x

x

x

x

JJ - 14
Y

x

x

O3 Difficult Terrain / Darkness

x

x

x

x

O2 Difficult Terrain / Darkness

x

x

D - 13
Y

x

x

EoG Difficult Terrain / Darkness

x

x

S-12
Y

x

x

Difficult Terrain / Darkness

x

x

x

x

O5 Difficult Terrain / Darkness

x

x

G - 10
Y

x

x

x

x

R - 10
Y

x

x

Difficult Terrain

x

x

Y

x

x

x

x

x

x

S

x

x

B - 9
Y

x

x

SS

x

x

SS - 8
Y

x

x

J O1

x

x

E - 4
Y

x

x

R

x

x

x

x

T

x

x

x

x

E

x

x

x

x

B

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

L Bag of Caltrops

x

x

x

x

D

x

x

x

x

G

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

JJ

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

ST

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

*Round 3 End*

*Round 4 Begins*

Derendil begins to rage even more, if that is possible, at the lost sight of his enemy. He steps backwards a bit and looks around for his enemy, any enemy. He glares at Sarith but doesn't attack. Then looks past to Jhaedys in a bloodlust but doesn't move past Sarith, instead he attacks the wall. Slashing at it furiously. He carves out pretty sizable chunks that start piling on the ground near the wall..

Stool stays hiding in the back while Turvy doesn't move any closer, fearing an attack from the raging quaggoth..

From within the darkness movement and grunts are heard but nothing advances outwards. The spear that was near Derendil retreats into the darkness, becoming enveloped by it.

Landon what shall you do...

Derendil
Movement: C15
Multi-Attack Action: Attack the Stone Wall
Claw 1 [roll0] +mod vs 17 (Advantage [roll1] +mod vs 17)
Damage: [roll2] +mod slashing + extra [roll3] +mod slashing
Claw 2 [roll4] +mod vs 17 (Advantage [roll5] +mod vs 17)
Damage: [roll6] +mod slashing + extra [roll7] +mod slashing

Order

Name
Taken? Y/N

x/y

a

b

c

d

e

DD - 20
Y

x

x

x

x

ST - 19
Y

x

x

x

x

T - 18
Y

x

x

x

x

EoG - 18
Y

x

x

x

x

*L - 18*
N

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

J - 14
N

x

x

x

x

JJ - 14
N

x

x

O3 Difficult Terrain / Darkness

x

x

x

x

O2 Difficult Terrain / Darkness

x

x

D - 13
N

x

x

EoG Difficult Terrain / Darkness

x

x

S-12
N

x

x

Difficult Terrain / Darkness

x

x

x

x

O5 Difficult Terrain/Darkness

x

x

G - 10
N

x

x

O4+O6 Difficult Terrain

x

x

R - 10
N

x

x

Difficult Terrain

x

x

N

x

x

DD

x

x

x

x

S

x

x

B - 9
N

x

x

SS

x

x

SS - 8
N

x

x

J O1

x

x

E - 4
N

x

x

R

x

x

x

x

T

x

x

x

x

E

x

x

x

x

B

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

L Bag of Caltrops

x

x

x

x

D

x

x

x

x

G

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

JJ

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

ST

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

Dr.Samurai
2017-01-24, 09:44 AM
Landon

Sarith are you mad, what are you doing?! The drow's magic blankets the tunnel in impenetrable darkness, making it nearly impossible to keep up the offensive against the orcs. Luckily, Landon had seen where the orc leader was standing. Hopefully, the creature was still there. He takes aim and fires off another bolt of eldritch power.

Bonus Action - Switch Hex to EoG.
Action - Attack EoG w/Eldritch Blast.
Attack - [roll0]

I believe I'm reading the rules right on this, but please correct me if I'm wrong. Landon can't see the orc, so he has Disadvantage. But orc can't see Landon, so he has Advantage. They cancel each other out. Landon did know what square the orc was in, so he can target him.

Relkin
2017-01-24, 12:06 PM
Sarith glances back over his left shoulder and glares at Landon, "They can't see us so we can regroup and save our raging friend over here. Who by the looks of it may just start attacking us if we don't calm him down"

Landon lets loose a bolt of power into the darkness hoping that it reaches it's mark. Although nothing is heard to indicate that it did or did not...

Jhaedys is up next?

As an aside, I am leaving the area on the map covered in darkness as how you guys last remember it. Any changes made within will not be reflected on the map as you are not aware of this knowledge. Just wanted to make sure that was made clear to you all.

@Dr. Also yes, the advantage and disadvantage cancel each other out, no matter how many stacks of each there were.

Lioslaith
2017-01-24, 12:25 PM
Jhaedys lets out a curse in infernal at the drow and the darkness, 'Dipluz' "Are you TRYING to help the orcs?" he asks incredulously.

Going to delay/skip I guess. I can't see him trying to stumble forward to get into range of something that may or may not be there.

Relkin
2017-01-24, 01:36 PM
Sarith ignores the comment by Jhaedys. In his opinion such beings tend to have a lesser intelligence than the drow.

Jimjar stays back and decides to protect the rear and stool.

Dakva is up next, what shall she decided to do.

Dr.Samurai
2017-01-24, 02:23 PM
Landon

Sarith glances back over his left shoulder and glares at Landon, "They can't see us so we can regroup and save our raging friend over here. Who by the looks of it may just start attacking us if we don't calm him down"

Landon's frustration breaks through his calm, All the more reason to keep the orcs in his sight Sarith, to keep him from tearing us apart! You've made me lose my spell you dolt. I can't see where their leader is!

Minescratcher
2017-01-25, 04:42 PM
Dakva began to crumple under the stress. "I... um, I... I-I can try to h-help, I-I guess..."

She squeezed under Landon - "E-excuse me, s-sorry..." - and moved up a bit closer, then spoke an ancient word charged with healing energy. The effect rippled through the air and into Derendil.

Moving to C23, casting healing word on Derendil.

Heal:[roll0]

Relkin
2017-01-26, 07:38 AM
Sarith turns completely around this time and faces the group. He looks slightly different, almost like he snapped mentally. The orange dots on his face have grown in intensity and size. He looks up towards Landon on the wall and reaches out with his mind, "Fine, you will get what you deserve." Sarith then begins to scream in agony as his hands fly up to grasp his head, hand crossbow still in one hand. The darkness spell he cast quickly dissipates and the way ahead is once again clear for all to view, aside from the vines. You all watch in horror as Sarith's head bursts open, yellow and orange fungi sprouting through his skull with spores pouring out like a mist of blood.

http://i.imgur.com/gF88BA3.jpg

He then looks at Landon and flashes a quick smile before turning around and firing a crossbow bolt right at Derendils head. The bolt flies through the air, traveling the short distance before piercing the nape of the quaggoths large neck and becoming embedded inside. Derendil lets out a sharp roar before collapsing to the ground. Sarith looks back at Landon and the group, calling out in your minds,"You will not stop the wedding!" he hisses at everyone before stepping forward towards the orcs, over Derendils unmoving body. The voice sounded nothing like his though. It sounded demonic in nature, you don't understand how you would know something sounds demonic and yet you can just tell... This wasn't his voice, it belonged to something else...

Stool begins to scream in your minds, more fear than you've ever "heard" the sprout express. He is overcome with dread and horror and can't contain himself. The noise is deafening and makes it hard to think straight.

Order

Name
Taken? Y/N

x/y

a

b

c

d

e

DD - 20 (Status Unknown)
Y

x

x

x

x

ST - 19
Y

x

x

x

x

T - 18
Y

x

x

x

x

EoG - 18
Y

x

x

x

x

L - 18
Y

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

J - 14
Y

x

x

EoG

x

x

JJ - 14
Y

x

x

O3 Difficult Terrain

x

x

x

x

O2 Difficult Terrain

x

x

D - 13
Y

x

x

Difficult Terrain

x

x

S-12
Y

x

x

Difficult Terrain

x

x

x

x

O5Difficult Terrain

x

x

*G - 10*
N

x

x

S O4+O6 Difficult Terrain

x

x

*R - 10*
N

x

x

Difficult Terrain

x

x

O3 - 9 (Restrained)
N

x

x

DD (Prone)

x

x

x

x

x

x

B - 9
N

x

x

SS

x

x

SS - 8
N

x

x

J O1

x

x

E - 4
N

x

x

R

x

x

x

x

T

x

x

x

x

E

x

x

x

x

B

x

x

x

x

D

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

L Bag of Caltrops

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

G

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

JJ

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

ST

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

Cleavon
2017-01-26, 08:19 AM

Watched in awe as Sarith seemed to change rapidly. He had cast his spell and seemed to be at the least trying to help...but then his head turned into some sort of violent mess of fungi. Not at all what he expected. However, even as disturbing as such a thing was he quickly got his senses and stepped forward, not wanting Sarith to escape, wincing as Stool cried out in his mind.

"Hey! Where do you think you're going? I love weddings!"

Moving forward to C16, puts me within 15 feet of Sarith and he has no cover, so a normal shot at him.

Attack
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Relkin
2017-01-26, 08:38 AM
Sarith doesn't seem to react to Reginald's words and continues to step away as a bolt from Reginald's crossbow flies past him and imbeds in a vine.

Order

Name
Taken? Y/N

x/y

a

b

c

d

e

DD - 20 (Status Unknown)
Y

x

x

x

x

ST - 19
Y

x

x

x

x

T - 18
Y

x

x

x

x

EoG - 18
Y

x

x

x

x

L - 18
Y

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

J - 14
Y

x

x

EoG

x

x

JJ - 14
Y

x

x

O3 Difficult Terrain

x

x

x

x

O2 Difficult Terrain

x

x

D - 13
Y

x

x

Difficult Terrain

x

x

S-12
Y

x

x

Difficult Terrain

x

x

x

x

O5Difficult Terrain

x

x

*G - 10*
N

x

x

x

x

R - 10
Y

x

x

Difficult Terrain

x

x

O3 - 9 (Restrained)
N

x

x

DD (Prone)

x

x

x

x

R

x

x

B - 9
N

x

x

SS

x

x

SS - 8
N

x

x

J O1

x

x

E - 4
N

x

x

x

x

x

x

T

x

x

x

x

E

x

x

x

x

B

x

x

x

x

D

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

L Bag of Caltrops

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

G

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

JJ

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

ST

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

Majin
2017-01-26, 04:28 PM
Glim doesn't have time to react as the magical darkness comes and goes. He listens the others arguing. Glim himself would like retreating very much. The orcs wouldn't probably chase them after this battle.

"What? Wedding? What's going on? What's that orange substance? Is Derendil alright? Perhaps we should just retreat..." Glim says as he sees something colorful fly up in the air. He then he winces in pain as Stool's telepathy reaches him. "Gah! What..."

Glim sends a telepathic reassurance to Stool: "<Telepathy> Relax buddy, it's going to be alright... Glim hopes nervousness doesn't transmit over the telepathy.

Glim decides to wait and see if the orcs are still going to attack them.

Ready an action: if the orcs attack the party, cast Firebolt at the attacker (@Relkin: you can roll the attack if necessary)

Relkin
2017-01-26, 05:50 PM
Sarith ignores the calls from his companions

Stool attempts to respond to Glim but is barely able to. The only word he thinks to the others in between screams of dread is "infection"

The Orc that was previously asleep is wide awake now and struggles to break free. He gets up from the ground/slumped position he was in, thanks to the vines, and retreats back a bit. Moving away from the creepy drow missing the top if its head that is moving in his direction.

Eldeth curses at Buppido, "Give me your dagger!"

Buppido just looks down to the ground, unmoving but hands on his daggers to Eldeth who is in front of him.

Dakva hears some words come from Buppido's direction. She is unsure if it is from him or if she even hears it but she thinks she hears "ha, one by one they fall..."

Shuushar drops to his knees in tears. He can't believe what happened to his comrades. He was so close to helping and now...now... He is at a loss.

Eldethrushes forward, screaming at Sarith, and gets as close as she can get. She whips out both daggers and throws them at his back. Unfortunately both daggers miss and hit the vines around him as he enters into the entangled area.

O3
Action: Strength Check vs Restrained
[roll0] +mod + [roll1] (Guidance) vs DC 13
Movement: Stand up from Prone (15 feet)
Bonus Action: Move to C3

Eldeth
Movement: Move to C19
Multi-Attack: 2 ranged attacks - Throw 2 daggers at Sarith with disadvantage (range)

Dagger 1 Attack Roll: [roll2] +mod OR [roll3] +mod vs AC
Dagger 1 Damage Roll: [roll4] +mod piercing vs HP

Dagger 2 Attack Roll: [roll5] +mod OR [roll6] +mod vs AC
Dagger 2 Damage Roll: [roll7] +mod piercing vs HP

Order

Name
Taken? Y/N

x/y

a

b

c

d

e

DD - 20 (Status Unknown)
Y

x

x

x

x

ST - 19
Y

x

x

x

x

T - 18
Y

x

x

x

x

EoG - 18
Y

x

x

x

x

L - 18
Y

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

J - 14
Y

x

x

EoG

x

x

JJ - 14
Y

x

x

O3Difficult Terrain

x

x

x

x

O2 Difficult Terrain

x

x

D - 13
Y

x

x

Difficult Terrain

x

x

S-12
Y

x

x

Difficult Terrain

x

x

x

x

O5Difficult Terrain

x

x

G - 10
Y

x

x

x

x

R - 10
Y

x

x

Difficult Terrain

x

x

O3 - 9 (Restrained)
Y

x

x

DD (Prone)

x

x

x

x

R

x

x

B - 9
Y

x

x

SS

x

x

SS - 8
Y

x

x

J O1

x

x

E - 4
Y

x

x

E

x

x

x

x

T

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

B

x

x

x

x

D

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

L Bag of Caltrops

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

G

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

JJ

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

ST

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

*Round 4 End

Relkin
2017-01-30, 08:40 AM
*Round 5 Begin*

Derendil's body lies there on the cold stone floor. Unmoving

Stool begins to calm down but every few seconds you hear the word "Infection" muttered into your head by him.

Turvy is unsure of what to do next so he just waits for some direction by the rest of the crew.

The leader Orc lets go of the glowing spear in his hand and it moves forward into the vines. Meanwhile he picks up the spear that the orc in front of him is currently not using.

Landon what is your next move?

Order

Name
Taken? Y/N

x/y

a

b

c

d

e

DD - 20 (Status Unknown)
Y

x

x

x

x

ST - 19
Y

x

x

x

x

T - 18
Y

x

x

x

x

EoG - 18
Y

x

x

x

x

*L - 18*
N

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

J - 14
N

x

x

EoG

x

x

JJ - 14
N

x

x

O3Difficult Terrain

x

x

x

x

O2 Difficult Terrain

x

x

D - 13
N

x

x

Difficult Terrain

x

x

S-12
N

x

x

Difficult Terrain

x

x

x

x

O5Difficult Terrain

x

x

G - 10
N

x

x

x

x

R - 10
N

x

x

Difficult Terrain

x

x

O3 - 9 (Restrained)
N

x

x

DD (Prone)

x

x

x

x

R

x

x

B - 9
N

x

x

SS

x

x

SS - 8
N

x

x

J O1

x

x

E - 4
N

x

x

E

x

x

x

x

T

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

B

x

x

x

x

D

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

L Bag of Caltrops

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

G

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

JJ

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

ST

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

Dr.Samurai
2017-01-31, 09:19 AM
Landon

Landon's voice rings out in the tunnel, Sarith, what have you done?! He stares at Derendil's unmoving body, wondering if the elf-***-quaggoth is still alive. His eyes dart up to the treacherous drow, a riot of orange fungus wriggling out of the top of his skull. He shakes away the stupor and aims another blast of energy at the orcs, Sarith having dispelled his magical darkness after attacking Derendil. Stool, what do you mean infection?

Move to C-24.
Attack O3 [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Relkin
2017-01-31, 10:06 AM
Landon's blast hits the restrained orc although it doesn't due much to deter it from trying to escape.

Jhaedys is up next!

Lioslaith
2017-01-31, 10:31 AM
Jhaedys stays where he is and takes careful aim...

At the occupant of square C13

[roll0]
[roll1]

Relkin
2017-01-31, 10:35 AM
Jhaedys aims at Sariths figure and hits him hard with a crossbow bolt. The bolt tears through his abdomen and yet Sarith seems unfazed.

Jimjar stays behind and attempts to console Stool who doesn't seem to reply to anyone but is seemingly slowly beginning to calm down.

Dakva is up!

Minescratcher
2017-01-31, 04:37 PM
"S-Sarith... W-what..." Dakva begins to shudder as the Drow steps over Derendil's body.

"Sorry about this, Sarith..." She pushes Buppido to the side, ignoring his words for now, and moves up the tunnel again, then hurls her fireball down the tunnel at the not-quite-a-Drow-anymore. "Someone pull Derendil back, away from Sarith!"

Move up to C20, attack Sarith with produce flame, move back to C19.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] fire

Relkin
2017-02-01, 08:35 AM
The ball of fire blazes towards Sarith but it just barely misses him. Again he seems unfazed and just continues to move forward, raising his hand crossbow up and shooting a bolt at the restrained orc in his way. He moves just past the floating and glowing blue spear. The bolt flies forward and but clearly misses his target, going flying down the corridor.

Glim and Reginald are up.

Sarith
Movement: Move to C10
Attack: Hand Crossbow vs O3 [roll0] +mod vs AC
Damage: [roll1] +mod piercing damage vs HP

Order

Name
Taken? Y/N

x/y

a

b

c

d

e

DD - 20 (Status Unknown)
Y

x

x

x

x

ST - 19
Y

x

x

x

x

T - 18
Y

x

x

x

x

EoG - 18
Y

x

x

x

x

L - 18
Y

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

J - 14
Y

x

x

EoG

x

x

JJ - 14
Y

x

x

O3Difficult Terrain

x

x

x

x

O2 Difficult Terrain

x

x

D - 13
Y

x

x

S Difficult Terrain

x

x

S-12
Y

x

x

Floating Spear Difficult Terrain

x

x

x

x

O5Difficult Terrain

x

x

G - 10
N

x

x

O4+O6 Difficult Terrain

x

x

R - 10
N

x

x

Difficult Terrain

x

x

O3 - 9 (Restrained)
N

x

x

DD (Prone)

x

x

x

x

R

x

x

B - 9
N

x

x

SS

x

x

SS - 8
N

x

x

J O1

x

x

E - 4
N

x

x

E

x

x

x

x

T

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

B

x

x

x

x

D

x

x

x

x

L

x

x

x

x

Bag of Caltrops

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

G

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

JJ

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

ST

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

Majin
2017-02-01, 04:54 PM
"<Telepathy> What infection? What's going on? Why are we attacking Sarith?" Glim broadcasted to others. And why is everyone so tall he added to himself.

The orcs seemed to be escaping. While Sarith was drow, who Glim didn't really like, he had still escaped with them. He wasn't about to start blasting someone without an explanation. Glim instead decides to try and calm Stool.

"<Telepathy> Stool, please calm down. What is this infection? Do you know something about it?"

Check to calm someone? Charisma? [roll0]

Cleavon
2017-02-01, 10:08 PM

Heard Glim in his head, speaking to Stool and figured finding out what was going on might be a good idea, and with orcs still about he at least had a decent reason to shoot someone else. He would take Sarith down if necessary, but for the time being focused on the orcs, while keeping a wary eye on the newly deformed drow.

He moved up and took a shot at the restrained orc, attempting to put him out of his misery.

Moving forward to C13, takes five squares of movement. Put Reginald within short range for the Hand Crossbow. He's still restrained so Reginald has advantage. The orc has half cover from Sarith

Attack
[roll0]

Advantage
[roll]1d20+4[roll]

Damage
[roll1]

Relkin
2017-02-02, 10:46 AM
Unfortunately Stool isn't very responsive to the attempts at calming him.

Reginald's bolt hits the Orc hard in the chest and leaves it gasping for air. The thing can barely move now but is still attempting to break free from the vines, if only to run away.... He finally breaks free and begins to retreat.

Buppido remains where he is, expressing that there is nothing he can really do.

Shuushar laments his familiar in your minds.

Eldeth still frustrated with Sarith, continues to move forward in pursuit of him but remains cautious of the Orcs attacks

O3
Action: Strength Check vs. Restrained
[roll0] + mod vs. DC 13
Movement: Stand up from prone (15 feet)
Bonus Action: Move to C3

Eldeth
Movement: Move to C15
Dodge Action.

Look guys I learned something new with the tables!

Order

Name
Taken? Y/N

x/y

a

b

c

d

e

DD - 20 (Status Unknown)
Y

x

x

x

x

ST - 19
Y

x

x

x

x

T - 18
Y

x

x

O3

x

x

EoG - 18
Y

x

x

x

x

L - 18
Y

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

J - 14
Y

x

x

EoG

x

x

JJ - 14
Y

x

x

Difficult Terrain

x

x

x

x

O2 Difficult Terrain

x

x

D - 13
Y

x

x

S Difficult Terrain

x

x

S-12
Y

x

x

Floating Spear Difficult Terrain

x

x

x

x

O5Difficult Terrain

x

x

G - 10
Y

x

x

R O4+O6 Difficult Terrain

x

x

R - 10
Y

x

x

Difficult Terrain

x

x

O3 - 9 (Restrained)
Y

x

x

E DD (Prone)

x

x

x

x

x

x

B - 9
Y

x

x

SS

x

x

SS - 8
Y

x

x

J O1

x

x

E - 4
Y

x

x

x

x

x

x

T

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

B

x

x

x

x

D

x

x

x

x

L

x

x

x

x

Bag of Caltrops

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

G

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

JJ

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

ST

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

*Round 5 End*

Relkin
2017-02-02, 12:49 PM
*Round 6 Begin*

Stool begins to calm down a little and runs to Glim's side. He hides behind his best buddy and begins to talk rapidly into your minds, "It's an infection and something infected him and I don't know what and its scary and he shared my spools and his were infected though and am I infected and I don't know what to do and I'm scared!"

Turvy stays aware of his surroundings but does not move forward or backwards.

The leader orc moves forward and grabs his spear with both hands. He strikes out towards Sarith and stabs it through his chest lifting the lifeless drow off the ground and tossing the corpse to the side. He snarls at Reginald and puts a hand out. The floating blue spear moves closer to Reginald and attempts to strike out at him but misses.

Landon your move!

Stool
Movement: Move to C28

EoG See OOC post

Order

Name
Taken? Y/N

x/y

a

b

c

d

e

DD - 20 (Status Unknown)
Y

x

x

x

x

ST - 19
Y

x

x

x

x

T - 18
Y

x

x

O3

x

x

EoG - 18
Y

x

x

x

x

*L - 18*
N

x

x

x

x

J - 14
N

x

x

x

x

JJ - 14
N

x

x

x

x

D - 13
N

x

x

Difficult Terrain

x

x

S-12
N

x

x

EoG O2 Difficult Terrain

x

x

G - 10
N

x

x

S Difficult Terrain

x

x

R - 10
N

x

x

Difficult Terrain

x

x

O3 - 9
N

x

x

Floating Spear O5 Difficult Terrain

x

x

B - 9
N

x

x

x

x

SS - 8
N

x

x

Difficult Terrain

x

x

E - 4
N

x

x

E DD (Prone)

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

SS

x

x

x

x

J O1

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

T

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

B

x

x

x

x

D

x

x

x

x

L

x

x

x

x

Bag of Caltrops

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

G

x

x

x

x

ST

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

JJ

x

x

x

x

x

x

Order

Name
DD - 20 (Status Unknown)
ST - 19
T - 18
EoG - 18
*L - 18*
J - 14
JJ - 14
D - 13
S - 12
G - 10
R - 10
O3 - 9
B - 9
SS - 8
E - 4

Taken? Y/N
Y
Y
Y
Y
N
N
N
N
N
N
N
N
N
N
N

X/Y

A
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

B
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

C

O3

Difficult Terrain
EoG O2 Difficult Terrain
S Difficult Terrain
Difficult Terrain
Difficult Terrain
E DD (Prone)

SS
J O1

T

B
D
L
Bag of Caltrops

G
ST

JJ

D
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

E
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

Dr.Samurai
2017-02-02, 01:05 PM
Landon

Sarith's body slumps to the ground, and the orc leader commands his magical spear to assault Reginald, Reginald watch out!! Landon calls out. Focus on the leader! he says, taking another shot at the orc.

Attack EoG w/Eldritch Blast [roll0]
Damage - [roll1]

Relkin
2017-02-02, 01:21 PM
The leading Orc takes the blast from Landon and turns his gaze towards the Half-Elf, glaring at him.

Jhaedys is up

Lioslaith
2017-02-02, 01:31 PM
Jhaedys shakes his head, worrying about all these spores he's been inhaling and whether or not his head is going to pop like Sarith's. He moves forward enough to take a shot at the lead orc.

Stepping forward to C16 and firing at the orc

[roll0]
[roll1]

Relkin
2017-02-02, 02:01 PM
Jhaedys misses the leading orc but steps closer into the fray.

Jimjar moves towards Stool and closes the gaps a bit more between the group.

Dakva is up next followed by Glim and Reginald!

Jimjar
Movement: Move to C29

Order

Name
Taken? Y/N

x/y

a

b

c

d

e

DD - 20 (Status Unknown)

x

x

x

x

ST - 19
Y

x

x

x

x

T - 18
Y

x

x

O3

x

x

EoG - 18
Y

x

x

x

x

L - 18
Y

x

x

x

x

J - 14
Y

x

x

x

x

JJ - 14
Y

x

x

x

x

*D - 13*
N

x

x

Difficult Terrain

x

x

S-12

x

x

EoG O2 Difficult Terrain

x

x

G - 10
N

x

x

S Difficult Terrain

x

x

R - 10
N

x

x

Difficult Terrain

x

x

O3 - 9
N

x

x

x

x

B - 9
N

x

x

x

x

SS - 8
N

x

x

Difficult Terrain

x

x

E - 4
N

x

x

E DD (Prone)

x

x

x

x

J

x

x

x

x

SS

x

x

x

x

O1

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

T

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

B

x

x

x

x

D

x

x

x

x

L

x

x

x

x

Bag of Caltrops

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

G

x

x

x

x

ST

x

x

x

x

JJ

x

x

x

x

x

x

Order

Name
DD - 20
ST - 19
T - 18
EoG - 18
L - 18
J - 14
JJ - 14
*D - 13*
S - 12
G - 10
R - 10
O3 - 9
B - 9
SS - 8
E - 4

Taken? Y/N

Y
Y
Y
Y
Y
Y
N

N
N
N
N
N
N

X/Y

A
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

B
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

C

O3

Difficult Terrain
EoG O2 Difficult Terrain
S Difficult Terrain
Difficult Terrain
Difficult Terrain
E DD (Prone)
J
SS
O1

T

B
D
L
Bag of Caltrops

G
ST
JJ

D
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

E
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

Relkin
2017-02-04, 02:04 PM
Dakva decides to be cautious and not head forward

Glim and Reginald are up!!

Dakva
Action: Dodge

Cleavon
2017-02-04, 09:09 PM

Still wasn't sure what to do about Sarith. That was, until he reached the last standing Orc. Some sort of spell caster it would seem, with how that spear floated about and attacked with a will of it's own. Reginald's eyes popped open wide as he saw a spear simply erupt from Sarith's back, and when the drow's lifeless form was tossed aside he grimaced.

Hearing Landon yell for him to be careful, it didn't look like that was an option for him at this point. If Reginald ran, he'd be pursued and most likely have to dodge the stings of that glowing spear. Dangerous as it may seem, his best option was to keep going forward.

With his mind made up he dropped the hand crossbow, and stalked forward carefully through the vines. Once near the orc his hands flashed to his waist and came up with his two short swords. Two quick slashes showed how precise he could be with the weapons, he just hoped in the back of his mind that he was up to the task of putting this orc down before it put him down!

Drop the hand crossbow. Move up three spaces (Takes all 30 of Reginalds movement) Draw both short swords. Attack action once adjacent to the orc. Using inspiration on the attack roll. Bonus action to attack with offhand weapon. (I checked out the 5e rules, and it still allows for drawing a weapon during a move, and Dual Wielder feat allows me to draw two weapons any time I could draw one. Just wanted to make sure I was doing my action correctly!)

Attack1
[roll0]

Inspiration
[roll1]

Damage1
[roll2]

Bonus action attack
[roll3]

Bonus attack damage
[roll4]

Relkin
2017-02-05, 11:09 AM
Reginald moves forward towards the Leader Orc and with a fury of moves whips out his short swords and strikes out at him. Unfortunately between the vines and the hulking creatures armor Reginald is unable to land a blow.

Glim is up

Majin
2017-02-05, 03:46 PM
"<Telepathy> That is indeed worrying, but we shouldn't fret over things we can't currently affect. I will do what I can, after the fight is over, to make sure you're alright. Perhaps when we get to your village, there are people who are more knowledgeable about these things" Glim says to Stool. While Underdark was terrifying and many of its residents barbaric, there magnificent and interesting things down here.

Since the fight with the orcs seemed to continue, Glim sent out a bolt of fire, though it was still difficult to aim.

Cast Firebolt at EoG

Damage: [roll1]

Relkin
2017-02-06, 09:27 AM
The furthest orc continues to run away until his is out of sight. You may be able to catch up but it is unlikely.

Buppido and Shuushar wait till the combat ends since there is nothing they can do to help.

Eldeth calls back to Dakva, "If you can get rid of these vines now that would be nice. They are only impeding us..." She then moves forward to where Reginald was and picks up his crossbow. She loads a bolt and fires at the last Orc left. Unfortunately she misses the orc and is left open to the spear next to her.

O3
Movement: Off map
Bonus Action: Continue moving off

Buppido

Shuushar

Eldeth
Movement: Move to C6
Free Action: Pick up Hand Crossbow and load bolt
Action: Attack w/ Hand Crossbow at EoG - [roll0] +mod vs AC
Damage: [roll1] +mod vs HP

Order

Name
Current Turn

x/y

a

b

c

d

e

DD - 20 (Status Unknown)

x

x

x

x

ST - 19

x

x

Difficult Terrain

x

x

T - 18

x

x

EoG O2 Difficult Terrain

x

x

EoG - 18

x

x

R S Difficult Terrain

x

x

L - 18

x

x

Difficult Terrain

x

x

J - 14

x

x

E Floating Spear O5 Difficult Terrain

x

x

JJ - 14

x

x

O4+O6 Difficult Terrain

x

x

D - 13

x

x

Difficult Terrain

x

x

S-12

x

x

DD (Prone)

x

x

G - 10

x

x

J

x

x

R - 10

x

x

SS

x

x

B - 9

x

x

O1

x

x

SS - 8

x

x

x

x

E - 4

x

x

T

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

B

x

x

x

x

D

x

x

x

x

L

x

x

x

x

Bag of Caltrops

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

G

x

x

x

x

ST

x

x

x

x

JJ

x

x

x

x

x

x

Order

Name
DD - 20
ST - 19
T - 18
EoG - 18
L - 18
J - 14
JJ - 14
D - 13
S - 12
G - 10
R - 10
B - 9
SS - 8
E - 4

Status
Unknown
Good
Good
Good
Good
Good
Good
Good
Unknown
Good
Good
Good
Good
Good

Current Turn

X/Y

Square Status: DT = Difficult Terrain / O = Occupied
5 ft
10 ft Difficult Terrain (vines)
10 ft Occupied / Difficult Terrain (vines)
10 ft Occupied / Difficult Terrain (vines)
10 ft Occupied / Difficult Terrain
5 ft
5 ft
5 ft
5 ft
5 ft
5 ft

A
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

B
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

C

EoG O2
R S

E Floating Spear O5
O4+O6

DD (Prone)
J
SS
O1

T

B
D
L
Bag of Caltrops

G
ST
JJ

D
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

E
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

*Round 6 End*

Relkin
2017-02-06, 09:53 AM
*Round 7 Begin*

Stool appreciates the comforting words and goes quiet after the death of Sarith. He stays near Glim.

Turvy moves forward towards Shuushar and stays aware of his surroundings

The leading Orc smiles at the enemies before him. He brings his shield up just in case and tightens the grip on the spear in his hand and jabs out at Reginald with it. Luckily he misses Reginald completely
Then he attacks Eldeth with his floating spear, hitting her in the side of her abdomen dealing a substantial amount of damage.

Landon is up next!

Stool
No Actions

Turvy
Movement: Move to C12

EoG
Action: Spear attack Reginald - [roll0] +mod vs AC
Damage: [roll1] +mod and [roll2] vs HP
Bonus Action: Attack Eldeth w/ Spear - [roll3] +mod vs AC
Damage: [roll4] +mod vs HP

Order

Name
DD - 20
ST - 19
T - 18
EoG - 18
L - 18
J - 14
JJ - 14
D - 13
S - 12
G - 10
R - 10
B - 9
SS - 8
E - 4

Status
Unknown
Good
Good
Good
Good
Good
Good
Good
Unknown
Good
Good
Good
Good
Half HP

Current Turn

X/Y

5 ft
10 ft - DT (vines)
10 ft - O / DT (vines)
10 ft - DT (vines)
10 ft - DT (vines)
10 ft - DT (vines)
10 ft - O / DT (vines)
10 ft - DT (vines)
10 ft - O / DT
10 ft - O / DT
10 ft - O / DT
5 ft
5 ft
10 ft - O / DT
5 ft
10 ft - O / DT
10 ft - O / DT
10 ft - O / DT
5 ft
5 ft
10 ft - O / DT
10 ft - O / DT
10 ft - O / DT
5 ft

A
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

B
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

C

EoG O2
R S

E Floating Spear O5
O4+O6

DD (Prone)
J
SS
T O1

B
D
L
Bag of Caltrops

G
ST
JJ

D
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

E
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

Dr.Samurai
2017-02-06, 10:11 AM
Landon

Landon moves closer, wanting to reach Derendil. He fires another bolt of energy at the orc, taking care not to hit Reginald.

Move to C-15
Attack EoG - [roll0]
Inspiration - [roll1]
Damage - [roll2]

Relkin
2017-02-06, 10:15 AM
A intense bolt of energy flies out at the Orc and slams into its chest, a heftier blow than it is used to. It shakes its head and glares at Landon!

Jhaedys is up!

Order

Name
DD - 20
ST - 19
T - 18
EoG - 18
L - 18
J - 14
JJ - 14
D - 13
S - 12
G - 10
R - 10
B - 9
SS - 8
E - 4

Status
Unknown
Good
Good
Good
Good
Good
Good
Good
Unknown
Good
Good
Good
Good
Half HP

Current Turn

X/Y

5 ft
10 ft - DT (vines)
10 ft - O / DT (vines)
10 ft - DT (vines)
10 ft - DT (vines)
10 ft - DT (vines)
10 ft - O / DT (vines)
10 ft - DT (vines)
10 ft - O / DT
10 ft - O / DT
10 ft - O / DT
5 ft
5 ft
10 ft - O / DT
5 ft
10 ft - O / DT
10 ft - O / DT
10 ft - O / DT
5 ft
5 ft
10 ft - O / DT
10 ft - O / DT
10 ft - O / DT
5 ft

A
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

B
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

C

EoG O2
R S

E Floating Spear O5
O4+O6

DD (Prone)
J
SS
T O1

L
B
D

Bag of Caltrops

G
ST
JJ

D
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

E
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

Lioslaith
2017-02-06, 10:51 AM
Jhaedys continues his onslaught, stepping forward and firing again. Hopefully this time his aim will fly true.

Stepping up to C8 and shooting

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Relkin
2017-02-06, 12:33 PM
Jhaedys walks forward and shoots at the Orc leader but unfortunately misses.

Jimjar stays behind and guard the rear incase the commotion brings anything to attack

Dakva is up next!

Jimjar

Order

Name
DD - 20
ST - 19
T - 18
EoG - 18
L - 18
J - 14
JJ - 14
D - 13
S - 12
G - 10
R - 10
B - 9
SS - 8
E - 4

Status
Unknown
Good
Good
Good
Good
Good
Good
Good
Unknown
Good
Good
Good
Good
Half HP

Current Turn

X/Y

5 ft
10 ft - DT (vines)
10 ft - O / DT (vines)
10 ft - DT (vines)
10 ft - DT (vines)
10 ft - DT (vines)
10 ft - O / DT (vines)
10 ft - DT (vines)
10 ft - O / DT
10 ft - O / DT
10 ft - O / DT
5 ft
5 ft
10 ft - O / DT
5 ft
10 ft - O / DT
10 ft - O / DT
10 ft - O / DT
5 ft
5 ft
10 ft - O / DT
10 ft - O / DT
10 ft - O / DT
5 ft

A
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

B
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

C

EoG O2
R S

E Floating Spear O5
O4+O6
J
DD (Prone)

SS
T O1

L
B
D

Bag of Caltrops

G
ST
JJ

D
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

E
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

Minescratcher
2017-02-06, 04:51 PM
Eldeth calls back to Dakva, "If you can get rid of these vines now that would be nice. They are only impeding us..."

"O-oh! Y-yes... S-sorry." Dakva released her concentration, feeling the energy and vitality of the plants drift back into her as they wilted into dust. She then sprinted through what little cramped space there was in the tunnel, sliding to a stop in front of Derendil and leaning down to help him.

Move to C13, Dash to C10.

Medicine: [roll0]

Relkin
2017-02-07, 09:07 AM
Dakva bends down and looks over Derendil's body.

You find that surprisingly the ol' Elf turned Quaggoth isn't actually dead but is unconscious. You determine that he is under the effects of a poison that knocked him out.

Glim and Reginald are up!

Order

Name
DD - 20
ST - 19
T - 18
EoG - 18
L - 18
J - 14
JJ - 14
D - 13
S - 12
G - 10
R - 10
B - 9
SS - 8
E - 4

Status
Unknown
Good
Good
Good
Good
Good
Good
Good
Unknown
Good
Good
Good
Good
Half HP

Current Turn

X/Y

5 ft
10 ft - DT (vines)
10 ft - O / DT (vines)
10 ft - DT (vines)
10 ft - DT (vines)
10 ft - DT (vines)
10 ft - O / DT (vines)
10 ft - DT (vines)
10 ft - O / DT
10 ft - O / DT
10 ft - O / DT
5 ft
5 ft
10 ft - O / DT
5 ft
10 ft - O / DT
10 ft - O / DT
10 ft - O / DT
5 ft
5 ft
10 ft - O / DT
10 ft - O / DT
10 ft - O / DT
5 ft

A
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

B
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

C

EoG O2
R S

E Floating Spear O5
O4+O6
J
DD (Prone)
D
SS
T O1

L
B

Bag of Caltrops

G
ST
JJ

D
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

E
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

Majin
2017-02-07, 03:14 PM
Glim moves closer to the action and shoots a firebolt at the orc leader.

Move to C17 and cast Firebolt at EoG.

Damage: [roll1]

Cleavon
2017-02-07, 11:12 PM

Kept his eyes firmly fixed on the orc, that spear having run through Sarith only seconds before he had approached, it looked like a terrifying thing to be hit by indeed. So far so good though, as Reginald quickly rolled a shoulder and ducked to the side, the spear going wide. He eyed that shield in an almost frozen moment in time and then his mouth turned into a firm grimace. Heavily armored opponents were the worst.

"You're going to have to do better than that. Pray to your evil gods that you get another chance to strike at me, villain!"

With flashing steel he attacked again, hoping to put an end to the creature with his fearsome swordplay. Say what you will about his eagerness to fight, he did seem to enjoy putting his skills to the test!

Attack with main hand, bonus attack with off hand. Forgot to mention last round, and it didn't come up but Reginald's AC is 16 as long as he's wielding two weapons.

Attack1
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Attack2
[roll2]

Damage
[roll3]

Relkin
2017-02-08, 10:13 AM
Glim steps forward and shoots out a fire bolt. It streaks past Landon and the rest as it makes its way towards the Orc but unfortunately misses.

Reginald begins his onslaught towards the Orc with his whirlwind of blades but unfortunately the leader orc is able to hunker down and easily block both with his shield.

Buppido heads back and picks up the caltrops dropped by Jimjar.

Shuushar peers over Dakvas shoulder asking about the state of Derendil

Eldeth steps forward slightly away from the spear and calls out to Reginald, "Can you pass me your bolts or Sariths? I can't fire at this guy anymore since I am out..." She then stands on guard against the spear.

Buppido
Movement: Move to C19

Eldeth
Movement: Move to C5

Order

Name
DD - 20
ST - 19
T - 18
EoG - 18
L - 18
J - 14
JJ - 14
D - 13
S - 12
G - 10
R - 10
B - 9
SS - 8
E - 4

Status
Unknown
Good
Good
Good
Good
Good
Good
Good
Unknown
Good
Good
Good
Good
Half HP / Dodging

Current Turn

X/Y

5 ft
5 ft
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
5 ft
5 ft
10 ft - DT (O)
5 ft
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
5 ft
5 ft
10 ft - DT (O)
5 ft
10 ft - DT (O)
5 ft
10 ft - DT (O)
5 ft
5 ft
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
5 ft

A
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

B
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

C

EoG O2
R S
E
Floating Spear O5
O4+O6
J
DD (Prone)
D
SS
T O1

L

G

B

ST
JJ

D
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

E
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

*Round 7 End*

************************************************** **********************************

*Round 8 Begin*

Stool and Turvy both remain where they are, knowing there is nothing they can do to help at the moment.

The leader Orc stabs out towards Reginald with a spear in one hand and shield up in the other. He just barely misses Reginald, almost nicking him.
He then uses his floating spear to attack Eldeth although she is ready for the attack. The spear would have hit her but due to her preparation he missed her!

Landon is up!

EoG

Attack: Spear attack against Reginald - [roll0] +mod vs. 16 AC
Damage: [roll1] +mod and [roll2] piercing vs. HP
Bonus Action: Spirit Weapon attack against Eldeth (disadvantage) - [roll3] +mod or [roll4] +mod vs. AC
Damage: [roll5] +mod piercing vs. HP

Order

Name
DD - 20
ST - 19
T - 18
EoG - 18
L - 18
J - 14
JJ - 14
D - 13
S - 12
G - 10
R - 10
B - 9
SS - 8
E - 4

Status
Unknown
Good
Good
Good
Good
Good
Good
Good
Unknown
Good
Good
Good
Good
Half HP / Dodging

Current Turn

X/Y

5 ft
5 ft
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
5 ft
5 ft
10 ft - DT (O)
5 ft
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
5 ft
5 ft
10 ft - DT (O)
5 ft
10 ft - DT (O)
5 ft
10 ft - DT (O)
5 ft
5 ft
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
5 ft

A
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

B
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

C

EoG O2
R S
E
Floating Spear O5
O4+O6
J
DD (Prone)
D
SS
T O1

L

G

B

ST
JJ

D
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

E
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

Dr.Samurai
2017-02-08, 10:51 AM
Landon

Landon moves up as much as he can, Turvy, Shuushar move back and get out of the way if you're not going to do anything! He stretches out the palm of his hand again and takes aim at the orc leader.

Move to C13.
Eldritch Blast vs EoG [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Relkin
2017-02-08, 12:19 PM
Turvy turns back towards Landon, "Oh I'm sorry. Should I start growling at the leader orc? Would that be better?"

Meanwhile Landon moves forward to try and get a better shot off at the Orc but unfortunately misses.

Jhaedys is up next.

Order

Name
DD - 20
ST - 19
T - 18
EoG - 18
L - 18
J - 14
JJ - 14
D - 13
S - 12
G - 10
R - 10
B - 9
SS - 8
E - 4

Status
Unknown
Good
Good
Good
Good
Good
Good
Good
Unknown
Good
Good
Good
Good
Half HP / Dodging

Current Turn

X/Y

5 ft
5 ft
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
5 ft
5 ft
10 ft - DT (O)
5 ft
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
5 ft
5 ft
5 ft
10 ft - DT (O)
5 ft
10 ft - DT (O)
5 ft
5 ft
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
5 ft

A
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

B
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

C

EoG O2
R S
E
Floating Spear O5
O4+O6
J
DD (Prone)
D
SS
T O1
L

G

B

ST
JJ

D
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

E
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

Lioslaith
2017-02-08, 12:26 PM
Jhaedys steadies his hand and fires at the Orc, looking for a chink in his defense.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Relkin
2017-02-08, 12:43 PM
The bolt from Jhaedys goes straight towards the Orc leader, almost guided by the events that have transpired so far. It slams him in his shoulder and sticks hard. Making the Orc leader grunt in pain.

Jimjar keeps his defense at the rear but also tells stool to move up.

Dakva is up next.

Order

Name
DD - 20
ST - 19
T - 18
EoG - 18
L - 18
J - 14
JJ - 14
D - 13
S - 12
G - 10
R - 10
B - 9
SS - 8
E - 4

Status
Unknown
Good
Good
Good
Good
Good
Good
Good
Unknown
Good
Good
Good
Good
Half HP / Dodging

Current Turn

X/Y

5 ft
5 ft
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
5 ft
5 ft
10 ft - DT (O)
5 ft
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
5 ft
5 ft
5 ft
10 ft - DT (O)
5 ft
10 ft - DT (O)
5 ft
5 ft
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
5 ft

A
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

B
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

C

EoG O2
R S
E
Floating Spear O5
O4+O6
J
DD (Prone)
D
SS
T O1
L

G

B

ST
JJ

D
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

E
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

Minescratcher
2017-02-09, 08:25 AM
"Derendil's not dead...! I think he's been knocked out by something on that bolt, but he's not dead!"

Dakva hurled a fireball through the tunnel at the Orc.

Produce flame: [roll0] + 2 = 8 (forgot to add proficiency bonus)
[roll1] fire

Relkin
2017-02-09, 10:32 AM
The news of Derendil's state is something to rejoice about, yet still an annoying Orc problem must be dealt with. Dakva attempts to throw some fire at it but misses.

Glim and Reginald are up!

Order

Name
DD - 20
ST - 19
T - 18
EoG - 18
L - 18
J - 14
JJ - 14
D - 13
S - 12
G - 10
R - 10
B - 9
SS - 8
E - 4

Status
Unconscious
Good
Good
Good
Good
Good
Good
Good
Unknown
Good
Good
Good
Good
Half HP / Dodging

Current Turn

X/Y

5 ft
5 ft
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
5 ft
5 ft
10 ft - DT (O)
5 ft
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
5 ft
5 ft
5 ft
10 ft - DT (O)
5 ft
10 ft - DT (O)
5 ft
5 ft
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
5 ft

A
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

B
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

C

EoG O2
R S
E
Floating Spear O5
O4+O6
J
DD (Prone)
D
SS
T O1
L

G

B

ST
JJ

D
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

E
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

Cleavon
2017-02-09, 10:46 AM

Ducked past the spear once again, but only just. He felt the breeze made by the powerful swipe and turned his head, glancing back at Eldeth as she asked him a question.

"They're on my belt! Grab them if you can but don't be cheeky, miss!"

He turned his attention back to the orc and gave his short swords a slow spin, readying his attack.

"You're a proud warrior, I can tell. I'm honored to have faced you on the battlefield, but I'm afraid this has to end!"

Much bravado, and then attack action, bonus action to use off hand attack.

Attack1
[roll0]

Damage1
[roll1]

Attack2
[roll2]

Damage2
[roll3]

Relkin
2017-02-09, 11:03 AM
Reginald just barely misses getting stabbed by the spear. The near hit steadies his blade and gives him a new found determination. With a quick flick of his wrist he knocks the shield of the orc to the side allowing him to bring in his right hand sword and slice the orcs gut. He then brings back his left blade and cuts deep into the orcs leg, blood beginning to pool on the stone floor beneath the orc. The leader still stands tall, roaring his pain away and stares down at Reginald, undeterred!

Glim will you be able to finish the Orc leader off?

Order

Name
DD - 20
ST - 19
T - 18
EoG - 18
L - 18
J - 14
JJ - 14
D - 13
S - 12
G - 10
R - 10
B - 9
SS - 8
E - 4

Status
Unconscious
Good
Good
Good
Good
Good
Good
Good
Unknown
Good
Good
Good
Good
Half HP / Dodging

Current Turn

X/Y

5 ft
5 ft
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
5 ft
5 ft
10 ft - DT (O)
5 ft
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
5 ft
5 ft
5 ft
10 ft - DT (O)
5 ft
10 ft - DT (O)
5 ft
5 ft
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
5 ft

A
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

B
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

C

EoG O2
R S
E
Floating Spear O5
O4+O6
J
DD (Prone)
D
SS
T O1
L

G

B

ST
JJ

D
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

E
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

Majin
2017-02-09, 04:58 PM
Dakva seemed to be minding Derendil... Good! One orc was still desperately fighting, but it looked like it would be over soon.

Glim moves closer and casts another spell at the orc leader.

Move to C14 and cast Frostbite at the orc leader.

Damage: [roll0].

Relkin
2017-02-10, 08:13 AM
Glim moves forward and lets off a icy spell at the Orc Leader but he resists its grasp and carries on.

Buppido moves closer to the group to keep the group closer.

Shuushar unable to go anywhere, and just happy to see Derendil alive, stays where he is.

Eldeth reaches forward to snag the bolts from Reginald's belt, "Me don't get any funny ideas? You should be talking mister!" She loads the bolt into the Hand Crossbow and fires one off at the Orc Leader hoping to get a clean hit! She misses once again, cursing her lack of proficiency with the weapon.

Buppido

Eldeth
Action: Attack w/ Hand Crossbow at EoG - [roll0] +mod vs AC
Damage: [roll1] +mod vs HP

Order

Name
DD - 20
ST - 19
T - 18
EoG - 18
L - 18
J - 14
JJ - 14
D - 13
S - 12
G - 10
R - 10
B - 9
SS - 8
E - 4

Status
Unconscious
Good
Good
Good
Good
Good
Good
Good
Unknown
Good
Good
Good
Good
Half HP / Dodging

Current Turn

X/Y

5 ft
5 ft
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
5 ft
5 ft
10 ft - DT (O)
5 ft
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
5 ft
10 ft - DT (O)
5 ft
5 ft
5 ft
5 ft
5 ft
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
5 ft

A
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

B
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

C

EoG O2
R S
E
Floating Spear O5
O4+O6
J
DD (Prone)
D
SS
T O1
L
G

B

ST
JJ

D
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

E
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

*Round 8 End*

Relkin
2017-02-10, 08:56 AM
*Round 9 Begin*

Stool moves closer to his friend Glim and Turvy moves to the back of the group since there is nothing he can do to help.

The Leader Orc tosses aside his shield in frustration, reducing his defense but his determination to slay Reginald causes him to grip his weapon with both hands. "An excellent fight indeed fleshy one" he speaks out to Reginald in common. He then lashes out with his spear, gripping tightly and aiming for Reginalds chest. Luckily he misses with what would have been an attack with enough strength to leave Reginald in the same situation as Sarith.
He then conducts his spirit weapon to strike Eldeth, the weapon strikes the wall above her and misses.

Landon is up!

Stool
Movement: Move to C17

Turvy
Movement: Move to C15

EoG
Attack: Spear attack against Reginald - [roll0] +mod vs. 16 AC
Damage: [roll1] +mod and piercing vs. HP
Bonus Action: Spirit Weapon attack against Eldeth - [roll2] +mod
Damage: [roll3] +mod piercing vs. HP

Order

Name
DD - 20
ST - 19
T - 18
EoG - 18
L - 18
J - 14
JJ - 14
D - 13
S - 12
G - 10
R - 10
B - 9
SS - 8
E - 4

Status
Unconscious
Good
Good
Good
Good
Good
Good
Good
Unknown
Good
Good
Good
Good
Half HP

Current Turn

X/Y

5 ft
5 ft
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
5 ft
5 ft
10 ft - DT (O)
5 ft
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
5 ft
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
5 ft
5 ft
5 ft
5 ft
5 ft
10 ft - DT (O)
5 ft

A
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

B
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

C

EoG O2
R S
E
Floating Spear O5
O4+O6
J
DD (Prone)
D
SS
O1
L
G
T
B
ST

JJ

D
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

E
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

Dr.Samurai
2017-02-11, 08:58 AM
Landon

Surprised that the orc speaks the common tongue, Landon fires off another blast of his eldritch power before moving up to stand over Derendil's still form. Give it up, you're grossly outnumbered and have no chance of winning!

Move to C9
Eldritch Blast vs EoG - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1]

Relkin
2017-02-12, 10:29 AM
Landon's blast towards the Orc misses. Jimjar moves closer to Stool to tighten up the rear.

Next up is Jhaedys

Jimjar
Movement: Move to C18

Order

Name
DD - 20
ST - 19
T - 18
EoG - 18
L - 18
J - 14
JJ - 14
D - 13
S - 12
G - 10
R - 10
B - 9
SS - 8
E - 4

Status
Unconscious
Good
Good
Good
Good
Good
Good
Good
Unknown
Good
Good
Good
Good
Half HP

Current Turn

X/Y

5 ft
5 ft
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
5 ft
5 ft
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
5 ft
5 ft
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
10 ft - DT (O)
5 ft

A
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

B
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

C

EoG O2
R S
E
Floating Spear O5
O4+O6
J
L / DD (Prone)
D
SS
O1

G
T
B
ST
JJ

D
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

E
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

Lioslaith
2017-02-12, 12:03 PM
Jhaedys follows his normal routine by now.

Well I hope this hits. Sheesh.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Relkin
2017-02-13, 09:30 AM
Jhaedys loads a bolt into his crossbow and sets up his sights, aiming down past Reginald and Eldeth. He pulls the trigger and the bolt burst free like the rushing of water out of a dam. It flies forward, over Eldith's head, past Reginald's ear and pierces right into the Orcs throat. The bolt breaks right through and out the other side leaving the orcs eyes wide open. The Orc leader drops his spear and brings both hands to his neck, chocking on his own blood. He stares deep into Reginald's eyes, with fear and pain but quickly followed by anger and malice. He reaches out towards Reginald with one arm, trying to grasp him but just collapses forward instead. The gurgling noises can be heard for a few more seconds before they cease, the Orc leader is dead.

Combat is officially over. Please let me know what you all want to do.

Lioslaith
2017-02-13, 09:41 AM
Jhaedys will make his way to the Orc leader and search him first, gathering bolts for his crossbow as he goes.

[roll0]

Relkin
2017-02-13, 09:48 AM
Jhaedys strides over to the Orc leader, skipping the three other orc bodies. He picks up 2 unbroken bolts and then finds just a javelin on the body. There is also a banged up but usable shield to the side. His ring mail is unfortunately too destroyed to be used. Last but not least Jhaedys finds a still usable spell pouch.

Lioslaith
2017-02-13, 09:57 AM
He will announce mentally what he finds and pass it to whomever wishes before methodically searching the rest.

Relkin
2017-02-13, 10:03 AM
The rest of the bodies are do not yield much useful items. The hide armors are broken beyond repair but 1 other javelin is usable and 2 great axes are usable. Luckily the group is able to find 8 gold pieces between all the orcs.

Minescratcher
2017-02-13, 04:38 PM
Dakva continues to tend to Derendil, shaking him to see if he'll wake up.

"Stool... Do you know what happened to Sarith? it sounded like you had an idea..."

Relkin
2017-02-13, 04:55 PM
Stool is happy to find the fighting over and has calmed. He is just a young sprout but explains, "I don't know a lot but he had spores in his head. But they weren't from my place or my people... They were infected... bad bad bad..." Stool begins to get frightened a bit but remains calm.

Derendil begins to slowly wake from unconsciousness as the poison wears off. He looks around confused and nervous.

Minescratcher
2017-02-13, 05:30 PM
Dakva pauses a moment. "Thank you, Stool. I'm sorry to have frightened you."

She then addresses Derendil in his native Elvish. "D-do you feel a-alright, D-Derendil? Y-you were s-shot with a p-poisoned bolt..."

Cleavon
2017-02-13, 09:35 PM

Had been about to stab at the orc again, his frustration mounting when he noticed the most curious thing. A feathered shaft sprouted from the orc's neck, like some sort of morbid flower. As blood welled up around it he shrugged and turned his head, nodding to Jhaedys and wiping his swords on the orc's cloak before sliding them back home into their sheaths.

He turned and raised his arms above his head, clasping his hands together and tilting his waist one way and then another, as if stretching out sore muscles.

"I know a lot of you won't agree with me but that was actually quite a good time. Felt far better than being chained up. Even far better than running. Feels pretty freeing to stand and fight for your life. At least you feel a little more in control, anyway."

He shrugged, his philosophizing on risking his life at the end of that deadly spear done he heard Stool's words flow into his mind and he shuddered. It was another reminder of how nasty the Underdark could be. Swords and a quick step wouldn't do much against infectious spores...

"Doesn't seem to be any way we can easily hide these bodies...perhaps if we've got what we can get off them we should move on."

Lioslaith
2017-02-14, 07:46 AM
Jhaedys finishes his search and nods in agreement, "Agreed. We should move in case the noise attracts unwanted attention. I was hoping they would have provisions we could scavenge but they do not." He settles himself and starts to leave, stepping over the orc and giving him a final kick in the head.

He thought to himself, hoping he wasn't projecting, Hopefully all these damned spores we've been breathing don't lead to heads full of fungus..

Relkin
2017-02-14, 07:48 AM
Derendil looks up at Dakva staring blankly back. He finally opens his mouth but then remembers the spores and reaches out in thought, "I dare say, you must be speaking that new Elvish everyone is raving about. I only know of the OLD and true Elvish. Please keep that new nonsense away." He glances around before getting up, "Is everyone alright? I hope I didn't lose control and hurt any of you..."

Eldeth agrees with moving forward, reminding the group of the drow pursuers. "We should keep moving, but now that Sarith is gone who wants to take the lead?" She then looks towards Dakva and speaks with the spores, "Sarith was constantly making light, do you think you could do that as well?"

Lioslaith
2017-02-14, 09:01 AM
"Who among us cannot see in the dark?" Jhaedys asks the group.

Cleavon
2017-02-14, 10:26 AM

"I can't see a thing without the natural luminescence, or some sort of light. As long as we've got someone that can see the replace Sarith at the front we should be fine keeping how we were, right?"

Lioslaith
2017-02-14, 11:25 AM
"I can't see as far as that damned drow could but I can see in the dark. If you trust me up front I will gladly be up there. However I have no idea where he was leading us."

Minescratcher
2017-02-14, 04:34 PM
Derendil looks up at Dakva staring blankly back. He finally opens his mouth but then remembers the spores and reaches out in thought, "I dare say, you must be speaking that new Elvish everyone is raving about. I only know of the OLD and true Elvish. Please keep that new nonsense away." He glances around before getting up, "Is everyone alright? I hope I didn't lose control and hurt any of you..."

"O-oh.... Sorry, I didn't realize."

Eldeth agrees with moving forward, reminding the group of the drow pursuers. "We should keep moving, but now that Sarith is gone who wants to take the lead?" She then looks towards Dakva and speaks with the spores, "Sarith was constantly making light, do you think you could do that as well?"

"I-I guess... It wouldn't be very similar, though, it'd be much less." Dakva then channels another fireball into her hand, raising it aloft to light the tunnel.

Dr.Samurai
2017-02-15, 11:40 PM
Landon

Landon doesn't move for some time as the others check bodies, and help Derendil. What had happened to Sarith? Could it happen to them? He would have to keep an eye out for orange coloration on their faces, or was it not limited to their faces? Perhaps the group should perform a check on each other when they next rest. Was Sarith the one that killed Barakas? Is it wise to make that assumption? How long can the group remain wary of each other, but should they let their guard down? Why did Derendil lose control? Can they trust him to fight alongside the group, or is he more a danger to them than anything else? Where were the orcs going? Is this a common tunnel? Are they near a settlement the others don't know about? How long does this pathway remain this narrow?

The thoughts keep flitting through his mind. Landon closes his eyes and rubs his temples, deciding which question to ask the group first. Finally, he says Nice work everyone. I'm glad you're okay Derendil. Reginald's right, let's get moving.

Relkin
2017-02-16, 08:25 AM
"I can't see as far as that damned drow could but I can see in the dark. If you trust me up front I will gladly be up there. However I have no idea where he was leading us."

"I can't see a thing without the natural luminescence, or some sort of light. As long as we've got someone that can see the replace Sarith at the front we should be fine keeping how we were, right?"

Shuushar chimes in, "I can be up front with Jhaedys. Once we are within 5 miles of my city I can navigate there with ease."

The npcs converse and suggest an alternative marching order. They ask for everyone else's input...

This is the new marching order suggestion. I moved Reginald and Dakva closer since produce flame is only bright in 10 feet and dim for another 10. Wanted Reginald at least in the bright. If you guys have other suggestions let me know. Eldeth will Scavenge since she has prof with it, Stool will help as well.

Marching Order

Jhaedys
Shuushar

Landon
Reginald

Derendil
Dakva

Turvy
Buppido

Glim
Stool

Eldeth
Jimjar

Jhaedys - (J)

Shuushar - (S)

Landon - (L)

Reginald - (R)

Derendil - (DD)

Dakva - (D)

Turvy - (T)

Buppido - (B)

Glim - (G)

Stool - (ST)

Eldeth - (E)

Jimjar - (JJ)

[/CENTER]

Relkin
2017-02-20, 09:20 AM
A few conversations regarding Sarith arise but ultimately it lands on the topic of his gear. The armor he wore is useless now but his weapons were still intact. In a haste to move on though this is moved to the less combative individuals to carry. Eldeth suggests everyone goes through items once everyone gets to rest.

Derendil rises, licking his wounds. The group settles into a different marching order, one that would better reflect the party, and begin to move on. The day progresses uneventfully, some more food is found as well as water. Luckily with Eldeth's masterful survival skills and Dakva's excellent acclimation to the underdark enough food is found for the group as well as 6 pounds of extra food. Unfortunately with no water skins no extra water could be collected but everyone was able to collect their fill. A nice welcome after a exhausting battle.

Finally after hours of traveling things begin to wind down. Jhaedys comes upon a nice little caved nooked off towards the left of a smaller cavern that the group had just entered. The cavern itself wasn't much, just a larger opening than the normal cramped tunnels you are used to. But the small cave was a nice find. At first glance it appeared to be enough room to fit everyone snugly but have some space to breath. The entrance itself was only about 4 feet wide so it was a squeeze to get in.

You all stand outside this entrance, ready to begin squeezing in one by one and see what's inside.

You notice that the cave entrance seemed to have been a bit larger prior than it's current state. There may have been a bit of a rockslide that caused this. Although this appears like it would have been over 50 years ago. The cave entrance looks intact now.

Dr.Samurai
2017-02-20, 07:38 PM
Landon

Landon squats down to get a better look into the alcove, I think there's room in there for everyone. I'll inspect. If this will work, we should stay here while we have a spot. Landon squeezes through the entrance to see what's inside the space and whether the whole group will fit or not.

Relkin
2017-02-21, 07:52 AM
Landon approaches the small opening and begins to squeeze inside. After a slight struggle he is able to make it through and disappears on the other side of the cave wall.
Stool releases his spores allowing everyone to be able to communicate freely, making sure to reach Landon before he was out of sight.

Landon is able to stand at full height once inside and glances around the cave, it's larger than anticipated and could easily hold the hole group. A welcome find after a long day of fighting and traveling. One of the first things to stand out to Landon were the bodies littered around the cave. Multiple skeletons lay in the room, resting on backpacks and bed rolls. Withered away to just the bone by time. Landon counts 7 different bodies each laying on their own pack.

OOC: What would Landon like to do? Inform the rest of the party? Go through the packs? Or whatever you would like.

The group waits patiently for Landon to reach out with his mind and inform of what is contained within the cave.

Dr.Samurai
2017-02-21, 11:06 AM
Landon

Landon calls back to the others via telepathy, There's plenty of room here. And maybe even... some stuff. Not sure, but come in. We should get some rest. That said, he begins to search the corpses for anything useful.

Cleavon
2017-02-21, 11:11 AM

Rather tired of bumbling around in the dark, Reginald squints his eyes, almost sure he's beginning to get better at piecing together what is head of him in the dark. Hearing Landon's voice and having been close behind him he finds the tunnel and squeezes in, finding the wall and sliding down it to sit, trying not to take up too much space since there were plenty more to come.

"What was this about stuff?"

Lioslaith
2017-02-21, 11:18 AM
Since Jhaedys can see, he waits patiently for the others to get inside the cave then follows that last inside. Once there he will help with searching the packs and bodies.

Dr.Samurai
2017-02-21, 11:20 AM
Landon

Landon helps Reginald through, knowing the man can't see much until Dakva gets in. Looks like a group had the same idea we did a long time ago. But hopefully we fare a better fate. A handful of bodies, just skeletons now. With gear. He puts a backpack in Reginald's hands before rummaging through another one himself. I don't think we will make use of the bedrolls though, however long its been sleeping on the ground...

Relkin
2017-02-21, 01:47 PM
Everyone piles into the cave and begins to sift through the bags. Dakva's light illuminates the cave well with minimal light shining through the entrance.

The backpacks seem to still be intact and hold strong, there are 7 in total. Inside the various packs the group finds, 8 usable water skins, they are bone dry within but seem to be intact well enough. There seem to be rations wrappers but no rations to be found. 2 coin pouches within containing 12 gp in total.

Scattered between the bags are 4 different glowing bottles:
The first of them has an orange like liquid that flickers and glows, soft gray smoke rises to the top of the bottle, spilling out if anyone opens it.
The second bottle has a loose liquid that constantly changes to different colors. Each time the color changes the liquid hardens for a minute until it softens again and slowly changes to another color.
The last two bottles contain a red liquid that glimmer when agitated.

Dakva finds the first potion in her bag, Landon finds the second potion in his bag, Reginald finds one of the red potions and Jhaedys finds the other red potion.

The light helps see things a bit better and sitting in the palm of a skeletal hand next to Reginald lies this strange orb. It is a small opaque glass ball that is significantly light (about 1 pound in weight). A strange object but appears magical.

There is not much else besides some shoes on the unfortunate travelers and simple clothes. Although most of it has been torn and ripped with age.

Lioslaith
2017-02-21, 02:03 PM
Jhaedys perks up when he finds his potion, "Hey, I got a red one!" shaking it vigorously he follows up with "And hey, it matches me!"

Snorting, he rummages around in the bedroll stuff and starts making a bed for himself thinking this was way better than most of the crap he slept on as a child.

He gives it another vigorous shake and opens it, taking a small sip.

Relkin
2017-02-21, 02:10 PM
Jhaedys takes a very small sip from his bottle containing the red substance and immediately begins to feel better. His nasal cavities clear up and there is a slight vitality to him. Almost like drinking a very strong coffee.

Lioslaith
2017-02-21, 02:16 PM
Breathing deeply from his newly cleared sinuses he smiles to himself and carefully stashes it among his possessions to keep it safe.

Minescratcher
2017-02-21, 02:17 PM
Dakva nervously speaks through the spores to the group. "Hey... The cave entrance looks like it collapsed partially a w-while ago. Does anyone have something w-we could use to p-prop it open... J-just in case?"

She then picks up one of the waterskins and puts it into the closest backpack, before turning her attention to the orange potion and taking a tiny sip like Jhaedys did.

Relkin
2017-02-21, 02:27 PM
Dakva stashes one of the water skins in her backpack and opens up the orange bottle in front of her. The dark gray smoke rolls out the top and within moments she could smell sulfer and ash. Without hesitation she sips the bottle and a hot warmth slides down her throat, almost like drinking hot sauce yet no pain follows. There is a crisp burnt taste on her tongue and for a moment it felt like she could unleash the warmth back up at a whim.

Dr.Samurai
2017-02-21, 03:04 PM
Landon

Landon scrunches his nose as he watches the others drink liquid that has been lying here for years. I'm not so thirsty, he thinks to himself. Someone wake me when my turn for watch comes up.

Cleavon
2017-02-21, 08:26 PM

Blinked away the stars that flooded his eyes when the light flooded into the little cave finally, closing his eyes far too late to not take the full brunt of it. Once he opened his eyes again though and began rooting around a bit. Finding the red potion he figured it must be similar to what Jhaedys had found in his bottle and stashed it away as carefully as he could. When he moved the pack he had been looking through he noticed the small orb, reaching out and giving it a poke with one finger before picking it up.

Holding it out in his hand he looked at it and then looked up at the group.

"Anyone have any idea what this might be?"

Holding it out carefully and allowing anyone who might want to take it and give it a looking over. He really had no idea what sort of thing it might be, but it seemed far too preserved to be mundane.

Majin
2017-02-22, 03:50 PM
"That's... Not really the proper way to test effects of unkown potions..." Glim says quietly as the others down the potions.

Glim looks at the orb Reginald is holding up. "I could test it for magic, but it'll take around 10 minutes. I can only guess what potential effects it might have, however. That's another spell entirely. And I'd need a pearl besides..."

They could try invoking an effect from the orb, though that could be dangerous. Glim had always had a scroll or another wizard with the right spell available back at home.

"Oh! If you want, I could clean and patch your clothes, since we now have spell components"

Glim will cast Detect Magic on the orb, and Mending and Prestidigitation on other party members' clothing if they want to.

Relkin
2017-02-23, 08:39 AM
Buppido is fascinated by the orb but offers no suggestions on it. After some carful studying Glim detects a strong magical indicator coming from the orb. Spending some more time with it Glim is able to determine that the orb seems to have a command word in order to use it. It would take some of night studying the orb in order to understand it better.

Everyone begins to settle into their rest and first watch is taken by Eldeth. She stands guard near the entrance, peering out from time to time to observe. Next to follow is Landon. Peering out from the cave entrance reveals interesting discoveries. Every now and then different creatures pass by the cavern, rarely any intimidating but still interesting to find that there is never a dull moment in the underdark. Also to note, these creatures are very unaware of Landon's observations, the thought may pass of how many different caverns or areas has your group passed while being watched by another...

Just before Landon's watch ends he hears some scuttling noises coming closer and closer to the entrance. It's difficult to pinpoint from which direction it is coming from...

Dr.Samurai
2017-02-23, 10:49 AM
Landon

Landon tenses, waiting motionless to hear the noise again. There it is. Something is certainly moving around out there and appears to be getting closer. Will it find the opening? Is it aware that they are here? He can't know. But they need to be ready. He telepathically alerts the others, trying his best not to rouse them in such a way as to make a commotion.

Relkin
2017-02-23, 01:53 PM
The others begin to stir in their sleep and groggily awake but it is too late. Before Landon jumps out a rat like creature baring it's teeth and claws. Upon seeing him though it immediately rescinds it's offensive nature and begins to calm down, quickly transforming back into it's normal self, Topsy.

Dr.Samurai
2017-02-23, 02:34 PM
Landon

Landon scrambles back, bumping into the others as they muster from their sleep. His hand shoots up to fire off a bolt of eldritch power, but the monstrous rat begins to back away, oddly rising onto its haunches before transforming into a familiar face. Topsy?! Landon exclaims out loud, forgetting the telepathy. How?

Relkin
2017-02-23, 02:41 PM
Stool is the first to wake, noticing the commotion he immediately releases the spores allowing everyone to communicate telepathically.

Topsy is relieved to see Landon but rushes into the cave quickly looking around in desperation, ignoring his questions. Her eyes finally set on Turvy who has not fully woken yet and she pounces on him! Hugging him and letting out tears of joy.

Cleavon
2017-02-24, 07:04 AM

Doesn't have a clue how the orb might work or what it might do, so he offers it to Glim for safe keeping, figuring that their resident magical type might make far better use of it than he would. After such, he settled in for some sleep.

Being awoken by a mental intrusion was new, and he sat up slowly and groaned a little, rubbing his head. Not the most comfortable place to sleep.

"What's going on here?"

Then he hears Landon's voice and his eyebrows slide up a bit. Topsy? The dead were-rat? Then he heard the commotion and figured it out for himself...seemed Topsy was alive. Rather interesting.

Lioslaith
2017-02-24, 10:00 AM
Jhaedys startles awake at the warning but then watches the events unfold quietly. Apparently the group knew this individual before he himself joined them.

Majin
2017-02-26, 04:26 PM
Glim springs up, trying to recall an attack spell in case they were attacked. "Wha? Are we getting attacked?" He then spots Topsy. "Oh, that's great! We really thought you were gone. And there seemed to be a lot of awful things in the river as well..."

Relkin
2017-02-27, 07:27 AM
Topsy tells her tale of barely missing the land below and crashing into the lake. She was lucky to awake and make it out alive as she had flown downstream a bit. Once she was out she retraced her steps and found your trail. Luckily she was able to catch up quickly and avoided any combat. It is a happy meeting once again and it is clear she is very happy to see you all.

Once again shift changes resume and rest is had by all. This has been a harrowing experience and you all feel as though you have come out with more greater insight and trust in your abilities. Perhaps even wanting to test out some new ones.

With the new "morning" comes a conversation few would be expecting. Topsy and Turvy had been whispering all night and now they come forward to the group. Topsy, the sister, is very thankful for you all keeping her brother safe but it's time for them to head off on their own. They have plans and for now it is best if they travel alone for a while. "Thank you all so much for caring for Turvy, we wish you the best." They take two daggers and some armor if there is any free leave the rest for you all.

Glim with careful studying, during his turn for watch, was able to discover the command word for the orb that Reginald found. The studies also revealed that the orb was safe enough and didn't seem to be something that was for attacking.

OK so you guys can say goodbye if you want or try to convince them otherwise or whatever preparations you want to make before setting out for the day.

Last but not least...... Level up! Please level up to level 2 before we set out!

Minescratcher
2017-02-27, 11:55 AM
Dakva had been overjoyed to wake and find that Topsy had returned to them. Although she quickly returned to sleep, her face was written more peacefully then any of the others had seen before.

In the morning, she was surprised, saddened, and a bit suspicious to learn that they were already leaving, and their vague explanation didn't help much. She decided to start with the basic, "Where are you planning to go after we part ways?", and follow up with other questions later.

Dr.Samurai
2017-02-27, 01:20 PM
Landon

Landon has been waiting to ask Turvy to scout for them in his rat form, where he'd be more maneuverable and less conspicuous. The deep gnome had suffered a blow during the escape, and the loss of his sister had him somewhat detached. Landon has been giving him some space. But now that Topsy has returned, the opportunity has vanished; the two are leaving.

Landon offers his farewells to them both, reminding himself that he doesn't really know either one of them, and Topsy did little to make himself of use during the battle. Even if the two stayed, there is no guarantee that they would be helpful to the party.

After the siblings depart, Landon checks on Derendil to see how the quaggoth is faring after yesterday's encounter.

Cleavon
2017-03-01, 09:03 AM

Had finally gotten a chance to fully awake and listened to the story of the little ratfolk. He hadn't expected many of the denizens of the underdark that they had been imprisoned with to stay too long, figuring they all had their own places to be. He checked his armor and got himself ready to move at a moments notice, then settled in and listened to Dakva speak to the twins before they departed.

Leaning back against the cave wall he felt a little more confident, a little more prepared for what lie ahead, remembering the savagery shown by the orcs they fought and how they had persevered. Best not to get too over confident, but he felt like they were doing fine so far!

Relkin
2017-03-03, 01:00 PM
Topsy and Turvy head off early in the morning while everyone else collects themselves. Refreshed and awakened and gear packed the group exits the cave and into the cavern. Jhaedys and Shuushar begin to look for the proper direction and out and find moving to the north is the best route. But not long after exiting some very dim light in the cavern is spotted and those to the front can see some small beetles rushing around, the source of the light it seems. Stool immediately lets out his spore for you all to communicate and then hides back with Shuushar.

The beetles notice you as well and rear up in anticipation!! The "day" just started and yet another combat has begun!

I created a map for this encounter. It includes the turn tracker, your health and etc. Please refer to that by using this LINK (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cJVquvtSlU-PfOIrVzg1kDTbI2rDCWqVbobFx-0YJfs/edit?usp=sharing). It will also be in our OotA shared google drive folder.
There you will also find an updated Item's list and a new sheet titled "NPC Cards" This has the stats for Derendil, Eldeth, Jimjar, and Buppido.

During this Cavern Encounter, and hopefully the future ones, I am having you guys take control of the NPC Teammates. For now it will depend on who is near you on initiative. Also if you have them do an action that they actually wouldn't do I'll DM intervene on that :smalltongue: (Ex. running into like 10 enemies lol)
So for this encounter -
Majin will control Eldeth
Lio will control Derendil
Cleavon, Dr. and Minescratcher can all fight over Jimjar and Buppido as they are all near you guys. You guys are lower on the initiative order so you have time to decided this in the OOC thread.

You can find the NPC info in the shared folder as well as in the OP of the OOC thread

Also for initiative, player groups may go however they would like. So towards the end there is: Reginald, Dakva, Jimjar, Buppido, and Landon all in a row. Go ahead and take whatever turns in whatever order for that bunch as you see fit.

The light from the beetles is very dim so unless you guys are using any light sources near you those without darkvision can only see the light ahead coming from the few visible beetles ahead.
Unless stated otherwise treat each square as 5 ft. When you take actions and move please list which square you are moving to in you OOC post.

I think that's everything! Any questions just ask!

*Round 1 Begin*

Glim and Eldeth are first up!

Majin
2017-03-05, 03:31 PM
Glim

"Uh-oh, giant bugs incoming... I'll try to knock a few down before they reach us", Glim says.

The beetles didn't look that tough, but there were plenty of them... Glim grabs some rose petals and waves towards a group of lights.

Move to N24, and cast Sleep (http://engl393-dnd5th.wikia.com/wiki/Sleep) centered on L16.

Hitpoints: [roll0]

Eldeth

Eldeth draws her shortsword, moves to the front of the party and takes a defensive stance.

Move to N20 and take Dodge action.

Relkin
2017-03-06, 08:00 AM
Glim moves to the right hand side, beginning an incantation. He lets forth a burst of energy across the cavern landing right in between two of the glowing beetles. A splash of twinkling dust and falling rose petals lazily fall over both of these beetles and they hastily fall to sleep.

Meanwhile Eldeth moves to the front of the group, not interested in missing out this time!

The beetles begin climbing over each other and scrambling to reach some freshly found prey.

Derendil is up next!

FB4
Movement: Move to M16
FB1
Movement: Move to N15

Relkin
2017-03-07, 09:32 AM
The sight of enemies causes to Derendil rush forward, excited by the prospects of things to smash. He charges straight for the closest squishy bug and attempts to rake it apart with his claws. Derendil unfortunately misses with both of his claws!

Two more beetles comes rushing in!

To keep things moving I am taking control for Derendil for this round.
Derendil
Movement: Move to N18 (25 feet used)
Action: Multi-Attack - Two Claw attacks against FB4
Claw Attack 1: [roll]1d20+5[roll] VS. FB4 AC
Damage 1: [roll0] slashing damage
Claw Attack 2: [roll]1d20+5[roll] VS. FB4 AC
Damage 2: [roll1] slashing damage

I will post enemy actions after this.

Relkin
2017-03-07, 09:41 AM
One beetle from the way back comes down and stops in between the two sleeping ones. It lashes out with its vicious bite to attack Derendil and gets a small chunk out of his hide!

Another comes down the middle of the cavern and straight for Eldeth, attempting to bite the shielded dwarf. Luckily for her dodging it misses her completely.

Jhaedys is up!

Link to Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cJVquvtSlU-PfOIrVzg1kDTbI2rDCWqVbobFx-0YJfs/edit#gid=0)
FB5
Movement: Move to L16
Attack: [roll0] +mod vs Derendil
Damage: [roll1] +mod slashing damage

FB7
Movement: Move to O19
Attack: [roll2] +mod vs Eldeth
Damage: [roll3] +mod slashing damage

Lioslaith
2017-03-07, 10:59 AM
Jhaedys takes aim with his hand crossbow thinking I'm beginning to like this thing.

Jhaedys moves to O22 and attacks FB7
[roll0]
[roll1]

Relkin
2017-03-07, 12:32 PM
Jhaedys moves to the side and lets loose a bolt from his hand crossbow. It almost misses but luckily it slams right into the beetles glowing glands and it collapse over, luminescent fluid pouring onto the floor.

The bugs begin to move in closer, One coming along the cavern wall and around the stalagmite, revealing itself to the group. Another comes down on Derendils other side and lashes out at him. The bug finds an opening in his armor but luckily it's bite is not enough to break through his hide!

A large scuttling like noise is heard followed by a loud crunch and a splash of orange luminescent goo can be seen flying out from behind the other bugs north of the stalagmite. Within moments into view are very large claws, the size of your chest followed by the legs the length of those giant spiders the drow controlled. A flashback to those creatures enters your mind but you need not worry that the drow caught up for as this creature continues to come into view it is clear that it is not a spider but rather a giant scorpion sporting a stinger the size of your head! One of it's legs are covered in the orange glow and it opens and closes its pincers in anticipation of reaching you all!!

More light can be seen approaching Derendil as another beetle comes around to get closer to him.

Reginald, Dakva, Buppido, Jimjar, and Landon are all up next!

Link to Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cJVquvtSlU-PfOIrVzg1kDTbI2rDCWqVbobFx-0YJfs/edit#gid=0)

FB3
Movement: Move to N16
Bite Attack: [roll0] +mod vs Derendil
Damage: [roll1] +mod slashing damage

FB8
Movement: Move to J20

GS1
Movement: Move to O14

FB2
Movement: Move to K16

Dr.Samurai
2017-03-07, 04:12 PM
Landon

With no time to think, Landon bolts forward and to the side, putting one hand to his temple and focusing the mental energies of his powers toward the beetle in front of Eldeth.

Move to S-21.
Action - Eldritch Blast vs FB7
Attack - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1]

Cleavon
2017-03-07, 10:36 PM

Was as surprised as anyone to see the copious amount of light in the cavern...but when he figured out what that light was coming from his smile turned into a grimacing line. Hands gripped out his short swords and he heard Glim call out a warning. As he looked for the best way to engage the chittering monsters he saw the glow increase on the other side of the stalagmite, and one came into view, trying to rush around into a sloppy flanking position.

"We can't let them swarm around and get us on too many sides!"

As he began to move he heard the sounds of the much larger moving chitin, turning his head and seeing the gigantic scorpion. He could hardly believe it, he had heard of such things but had never seen one quite so large! He whipped his head back around, looking for anyone to help bolster the other side, eyes settling on Jimjar, remembering his agitation at not being able to contribute as much to their last, restrained engagement in the tunnel.

"Jimjar! I could use some help here, let's take this one down and see if more come around that way!"

Reginald moves to K21, calls out to Jimjar for support in fighting the bug and makes one attack. He uses his bonus action to make an offhand attack.

Mainhand
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Offhand
[roll2]

Damage
[roll3]

Jimjar

Jimjar, having been left out of the battle in the tunnel was at least glad to be able to help, and taking down on measly bug couldn't be hard for two, could it?

Jimjar moves to J21, drawing his short sword and making one attack at the bug.

Attack
[roll4]

Damage
[roll5]

Relkin
2017-03-08, 09:54 AM
Landon rushes off to the side to get a better view of the situation and a clear vantage point! He blasts off at the beetle near Eldeth but unfortunately misses his attack.
Meanwhile Reginald charges towards the bug coming around the corner and with a quick thrust he stabs into it's glands and slices it's head off. Gleams of luminescent fluid paint his blade a glowing orange. The extra light his blade is providing at the moment is a nice help.
Finally able to get in on some action Jimjar runs over to help Eldeth and stabs the bug quickly and dispatches it.

Dakva and Buppido are left to go!

Sorry for hijacking Jimjar. I just figured it would have been a waste to have him to attack a dead body.

Minescratcher
2017-03-08, 05:07 PM
"What are these? Beetles? They don't look like any I've seen before..."
Dakva raises her hands upwards, moving in tandem with a mass of giant vines that bursts from the ground beneath the bugs.

Buppido runs towards the beetles, fires his hand crossbow at one of them, and ducks into cover behind a stalagmite.

Dakva casts entangle, creating a 20ft square with corners at K13 and N16 filled with grasping vines.

Strength saves vs. DC 13:
FB1: [roll0] + mod
FB2: [roll1] + mod
FB3: [roll2] + mod
FB4: [roll3] + mod
FB5: [roll4] + mod
GS: [roll5] + mod
FB9 and FB10 automatically fail.
Edit; wth beetles why

Buppido moves to M20, attacks FB3, then moves to L20.
Attack: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7] piercing

Relkin
2017-03-09, 11:01 AM
Dakva lets the very earth itself have some action as vines begin to grow in and around where all the beetles are. The ones that were sleeping wake up to find themselves stuck in the midst of vines and some of the others get restrained as well. Three of the bugs prove too strong for the vines and are able to withhold being restrained. Somehow the giant scorpion was restrained by a corner of the vines.

While that is going on Buppido rushes forward firing his hand crossbow at one of the unrestrained beetles. He unfortunately misses as the bolt flies off into the darkness. Buppido ducks behind a stalagmite for cover after.

Newly awaken but restrained one of the beetles struggles to break free out of the vines. It successfully gets out and moves around the stalagmite to the west.

Link to map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cJVquvtSlU-PfOIrVzg1kDTbI2rDCWqVbobFx-0YJfs/edit#gid=0)
FB1, FB2, FB3 - Pass
FB4, FB5, FB9, FB10 - Fail
GS1 - Fail

FB10
Action: Strength check to break free [roll0] +mod
Movement: Move to I20

Round 1 End

Round 2 Begin

Glim and Eldeth are both up!

Majin
2017-03-09, 03:55 PM
Glim

Right now it seemed like good idea to try thinning the herd. Glim gathers energy into the palm of his hand. The beetle next to Derendil seemed like good target, as it couldn't move much due to vines. Glim hurls a bolt of fire towards it, hoping it wouldn't take too much finish off one bug.

Cast Firebolt at FB3.

Advantage: [roll1]

Damage: [roll2]

Eldeth

Eldeth lets out a dwarven war cry and rushes a bug in front of her.

Move to N17 and attack FB4.

Attack: [roll3]
Advantage: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

If FB4 didn't die, attack it again. Or if Glim didn't kill FB3, attack it. If Glim killed FB3, move to N17 and attack FB1.

Attack: [roll6]
Advantage: [roll7]
Damage: [roll8]

Relkin
2017-03-10, 07:48 AM
Glim shoots out a Firebolt while Eldeth charges in. The bolt wizzes by her head and misses the bug. She stops right in front of it, slashing out at the one to her left in front of Derendil, slaying the creature. Then she brings her sword to the one Glim missed! Unfortunately though she misses that one as well.

One of the beetles stuck in the vines struggles to break free, but just wraps itself further in.

A bug in front of the scorpion moves to the side outside of the vines and steps out towards Eldeth. It bites at her and just barely gets past her shield and gets a nab at her thigh.

Derendil is up!

FB9
Action: Strength check to break out of vines - [roll0] +mod vs. DC 13 FAIL

FB1
Movement: Move to O16
Action: Bite attack against Eldeth - [roll1] +mod vs. AC 17 HIT
Damage: [roll2] +mod slashing damage

Dr.Samurai
2017-03-10, 11:32 AM
Derendil

The quaggoth pauses, watching the vines Dakva summoned as they twist and twine around the beetles. Forsaken in this eternal crepuscule as I have been, so much of home exists now only as muted remembrance . The pale glow of the moon illuminating the night sky's inky canopy. Stirring at sunup to the melodic ballads of song birds in love. And, he runs a clawed hand along one of the snaking vines, the embrace of the woodlands. The moss beneath my feet, the susurration of the leaves in the breeze, the--- a beetle snaps at Derendil's hand and the quaggoth lets loose a mighty roar before lashing out in fury, I will tear the light from these vermin and crush their shells underfoot!

Action - Multiattack
Attack vs FB5 w/Advantage - [roll0], [roll1]
Damage - [roll2]

Attack vs FB3 - [roll3]
Damage - [roll4]

Relkin
2017-03-10, 12:36 PM
Releasing his inner rage Derendil cuts into the two beetles surrounding him. His eviscerates both of them and gets luminescent glowing orange all over his claws and self!

Jhaedys is up.

Lioslaith
2017-03-10, 01:19 PM
Jhaedys sighs, Doesn't anyone think we need to be concentrating on that damn big one?

Move to P20 and fire at the big bug

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]

Relkin
2017-03-10, 02:56 PM
Jhaedys moves to the side and pops a bolt off at the scorpion, landing a nice hit on it's abdomen. The creature turns in anger towards Jhaedys and attempts to break free from the entanglement. Somehow from the little section of vines holding it the creature is unable to break free and is stuck in place.

Reginald, Dakve, Jimjar, Buppido, and Landon are up!

GS 1
Action: Strength check against restrained - [roll0] +mod vs DC 13 FAIL

Cleavon
2017-03-10, 10:54 PM

"Ha things seem to be well in hand!"

Reginald stepped confidently up to the next bug that attempted the same rudimentary flanking maneuver as the first. They seemed no match for the cunning adventurers so far!

Reginald moves five feet to the left to J21. Attack action on FB10. Bonus action to make an attack with offhand.

Attack
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Offhand
[roll2]

Damage
[roll3]

Jimjar

Emboldened by his previous success against the smaller bugs, and seeing the larger one restrained, he steps quickly over the dead bug in front of him and rushes the one directly ahead.

Jimjar moves up fifteen feet to O17. Attack action to swing at FB1.

Attack
[roll4]

Damage
[roll5]

Minescratcher
2017-03-11, 08:11 PM
Dakva launched a ball of flame at the scorpion. ""T-that's a really big bug... looks unnatural, almost."

Buppido popped back out from cover to release another shot.

Dakva moves to N20, and casts produce flame at GS1.
Buppido moves to M20, attacks GS1, and moves back to L20.

Dakva
Damage: [roll1] fire

Buppido
Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3] piercing

Dr.Samurai
2017-03-11, 10:52 PM
Landon

The group is acting well, dispatching the beetles quickly. Only a few are left. The giant scorpion is entangled by Dakva's vines at the moment, so Landon takes aim one of the beetles running around. He had seen the mind flayers completely paralyze creatures with their minds, and kill lesser creatures with a thought. He has some of that power, and raises his fingers to his right temple, focusing that power again on a beetle.

Move to R17
Attack FB2 - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1]
Move to S18

Relkin
2017-03-13, 09:03 AM
With two quick flicks of his wrist Reginald slices the bug in front of him into nice mince meat.

On the other side of the stalagmite Jimjar steps forward and strikes down a beetle as well, 2 wins for him. Behind him Dakva creates a ball of flame in her hand and hurtles it at the Scorpion, landing a nice hit. Buppido is not so luck though, the bolt he shoots just glides along the armor like carapace the scorpion has.

Landon, throwing some caution to the wind, heads closer into the fray and lets off a mind blast. His gamble paid off though as he takes down one of the beetles!

Round 2 End

Round 3 Begin

Glim and Eldeth are both up next!

Majin
2017-03-13, 02:03 PM
Glim

Glim decides to move closer to the battle to get a better view. There was bigger, or at least wider, folk standing in the front lines, so Glim wasn't too worried.

The scorpion was still all tangled up, so it might be good idea to hit it now, before it broke free. Glim gathers a small ball of fire into his palm and flings it at the scorpion.

Move to Q20. Then cast Firebolt at Giant Scorpion.

Advantage: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Eldeth

Eldeth decides to join the others in attacking the scorpion. She boldly moves in front of it and attacks, taking advantage of it still being restrained in the vines.

Move to O15 and attack Giant scorpion. Also draw shield if didn't do that yet.

Attack: [roll3]
Advantage: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

Relkin
2017-03-15, 11:30 AM
Glim steps up his game and gets closer to the action. A decision that pays off as he gets a direct hit on the scorpions face, dealing a vicious amount of damage with his fire.

Eldeth rushes forward as well, shield in hand, and takes a swing at the scorpion. Her sword clangs right off it though and bounces back at her.

The last remaining beetle struggles to break free of the vines and successfully gets out. It then rushes to it's side towards Eldeth!

FB9
Action: Strength check to break free from Restrained: [roll0] +mod vs DC 13
Movement: Move to N15

Derendil and Jhaedys are up!

Dr.Samurai
2017-03-15, 11:46 AM
Derendil

Derendil clambers over the vines to reach the stray fire beetle, unleashing his claws on the creature with earnest.

Move to M-16.
Action - Mulitattack vs FB9.
Attack 1 - [roll0]
Attack 2 - [roll1]
Damage 1 - [roll2]
Damage 2 - [roll3]

If fire beetle is hit and killed, move to L14.

Relkin
2017-03-15, 11:56 AM
Derendil

Derendil clambers over the vines to reach the stray fire beetle, unleashing his claws on the creature with earnest.

Move to M-16.
Action - Mulitattack vs FB9.
Attack 1 - [roll0]
Attack 2 - [roll1]
Damage 1 - [roll2]
Damage 2 - [roll3]

If fire beetle is hit and killed, move to L14.

The beetle is shredded with ease by Derendils claws. All that's left is the Giant Scorpion.

Jhaedys is up

Lioslaith
2017-03-15, 11:59 AM
Jhaedys steps up a bit closer to the abomination and takes careful aim, loosing a bolt.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]

Relkin
2017-03-15, 12:05 PM
Jhaedys' bolt hits one of the joints belonging to the oversized insect and causes great pain to it. It attempts to real up but is still stuck in the vines.

The scorpion struggles and struggles to break free but can not find a way to get it's legs out of the vines.

Reginald, Dakva, Jimjar, Buppido, and Landon are all up

Link to map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cJVquvtSlU-PfOIrVzg1kDTbI2rDCWqVbobFx-0YJfs/edit#gid=0)
GS1
Action: Strength check to break free from Restrained - [roll0] +mod vs DC 13

Dr.Samurai
2017-03-15, 08:33 PM
Landon

Landon opens up some distance between himself and the scorpion, and unleashes another bolt of mental power at the arachnid. Be careful everyone!

Move to T-22
Eldritch Blast w/Advantage vs Giant Scorpion
Attack - [roll0], [roll1]
Damage - [roll2]

Cleavon
2017-03-15, 11:38 PM

Took stock of the situation, seeing they had dispatched everything but the monstrous scorpion. Turning, he made his way through the crowd, flanking wide of the scorpion and heeding Landon's call to stay safe.

Moving (Dash action I guess?) To move from J21 to R14.

Jimjar

Feeling supremely confident from his easy sticking of the beetles, Jimjar moves up next to Eldeth and strikes out at the restrained beast.

I figured since the scorpion is still restrained that moving up to give it a stab isn't out of Jimjar's comfort zone.

He moves to P15 and makes an attack action against the scorpion.

Attack
[roll0]

Advantage
[roll1]

Damage
[roll2]

Relkin
2017-03-16, 09:50 AM
Jimjar confidently rushes forward to back up Eldeth while Reginald comes around the back and prepares to get another attack in. Jimjar lands a clean blow chopping off one of the legs belonging to the scorpion.

Landon begins to step backwards, using all of his concentration he relives the moments surrounded by the Illithid, that fear of death and constant mental invasion. He takes every ounce of his knowledge and brings it into razor sharp focus, loosing a mental blast directed right at the scorpion. Within moments the scorpions rears up in anguish as it's brain is being torn to pieces. It's eyes bulge out and explode followed by top of it's skull bursting open. The overgrown insect collapses, dead.

VICTORY!!!!

Minescratcher
2017-03-18, 10:29 AM
"T-those bugs were v-very strange... I w-wonder if t-they're m-magical somehow?"

After all the celebration was done, Dakva examined the beetles and scorpion.

Nature: [roll0]
Arcana: [roll1]

Majin
2017-03-18, 06:44 PM
"Oh, no doubt they're at least a tad magical in origin. I believe if an ordinary scorpion would be simply increased in size, it could no longer function properly due to increase in weight. I do not believe, however, that this one was anything special. There are many... exotic... creatures here in the Underdark". Yes, Glim had originally come to this gods forsaken place to study. He did no longer however have any proper tools, or containers to store samples in. What a wasted opportunity. It seemed a learned gnome like himself was merely good for simple evocations and enchantments down here.

"Hmm, I wonder if those beetles would be edible? Many insects are after all very nutritional, even if they aren't widely eaten. Our food storages aren't overflowing, and so we can't afford to be very picky"

Nature: [roll0] to check if Glim knows anything about fire beetles.

Cleavon
2017-03-18, 08:14 PM

Watched as the monstrous scorpion was dealt with handily, largely in part to it being tangled up. He heaved a deep breath and looked down at his swords, glowing with the guts of those beetles. Reginald looked around to see if anyone was hurt, but it looked like there were only a couple of injuries and neither Derendil nor Eldeth seemed in dire need of care.

When he heard Glim suggest the bugs might provide sustenance he tilted his head.

"Really? These things look like they'd make better torches than meals..."

Dr.Samurai
2017-03-19, 10:08 PM
Landon

It seems the group can do fairly well defending itself if everyone can bring their strengths to bear. An encouraging way to begin the day. Scavenge what you can, but we should leave quickly.

Landon moves forward a bit to keep watch, taking advantage of the strange new vision that allows him to see further into the cavern.

Relkin
2017-03-20, 07:11 AM
Reginald's suggestions ring true in the ears of Glim and Dakva as they recall the knowledge that the glands belonging to these beetles, appropriately called "Fire Beetles", can be harvested as a light source that will remain lit for up to 6 days.

Landon doesn't see anything coming or going into the cave. It seems the battle scared off most of what may slip on by.

A few minutes is set aside to scavenge and little is found aside from the glands. If they are attempted to be harvested then you guys are able to collect [roll0] glands that will last for [roll1] +3 days each.

Other than that there is little left to do in this cavern and it seems that the way out is to the north side.

Dr.Samurai
2017-03-20, 12:41 PM
Landon

Once the others are ready to go, Landon joins the group and exits the cavern.

Landon doesn't need light at this point, but he also doesn't need both hands to attack, so if someone needs him to hold a fire beetle guts torch, he can and will.

Cleavon
2017-03-21, 07:02 AM

Also readies himself to exit the cavern, deciding not to take a bug guts torch.

Figuring we'll move on from here pretty soon, only real thing of note is that Reginald definitely asserts that his eyes are adjusting to the dark. Not real effect but he is going to gain darkvision eventually so I want it to be a little seamless XD