PDA

View Full Version : Making weapons with spell efects

flappeercraft
2016-09-04, 09:46 PM
So a friend today asked me if he could make his greatsword have a magic sword that every time you hit with it gives a slay living effect to the person hit. I have not found an answer and if it would work how would it? Once a round it gives the slay living effect or every hit gives the slay living effect? He also asked if it could be activated and disactivated with command words. If it doesnt work is there any similar alternative without taking levels on any Class or PrC?

Sayt
2016-09-04, 09:52 PM
There is the spell storing magic weapon ability: you cast a spell into a weapon, and when it hits it discharges the spell gathering the struck creature. Player will need to be able to cast Slay Living, though from a scroll would work.

There's also the Nine Lives Stealer magic weapon (+2 Longsword, 9 times per item, and it crit against an enemy that enemy must DC20 fort or die). Gm would have to OK great sword version (not unreasonable), and PC would need to be evil.

Otherwise, they may want to have a look at the Magus class from Pathfinder, which can deliver melee touch spells with weapon attacks from 2nd level on, no restrictions, though you would need to go into the agent of the grave prc to pick up Slay Living.

Name1
2016-09-05, 12:10 AM
It wouldn't be exactly like it, but if he made his weapon a Stalactite or Tentacle weapon for a SoD on a crit, maybe he'd like that.

Other than that, there is the Smiting Spell Metamagic:
It allows you to "channel the energy of a touch spell into a weapon, causing the spell to discharge when you strike an opponent."

Calthropstu
2016-09-05, 12:14 AM
This is a custom item magic rule.

Yes, such a sword can be made.

But the price is obnoxious.

My now (infamous) dagger which cast greater dispel cl 20th per strike in order to murder a fairly optimized wizard cost about 350k.
This is, by no means, the most expensive custom item I have seen made.

Slay living is a 6th level spell. Constant. With CL min of 11, you are looking at about 132,000 gp for a dc 19 slay living each strike with 11th level effects.

flappeercraft
2016-09-05, 10:31 PM

My now (infamous) dagger which cast greater dispel cl 20th per strike in order to murder a fairly optimized wizard cost about 350k.

Slay living is a 6th level spell. Constant. With CL min of 11, you are looking at about 132,000 gp for a dc 19 slay living each strike with 11th level effects.

Works for us thank you for the answer and samd thing to everyone who answered

JNAProductions
2016-09-05, 10:39 PM

It's not the dagger people were up in a knot about.

MisterKaws
2016-09-06, 10:32 AM
17th-Level Arcane Disciple(Death) Duskblade, or a really high-level(I'm talking mid-20s) Stalwart Battle Sorcerer with Arcane Disciple(Death), Multispell and Smiting Spell.

Or a Daggerspell Mage with an Aptitude Greatsword, if you don't mind being silly.

flappeercraft
2016-09-06, 02:12 PM
17th-Level Arcane Disciple(Death) Duskblade, or a really high-level(I'm talking mid-20s) Stalwart Battle Sorcerer with Arcane Disciple(Death), Multispell and Smiting Spell.

Or a Daggerspell Mage with an Aptitude Greatsword, if you don't mind being silly.

I specifically noted no classes or PrC but thank you anyways

denthor
2016-09-06, 02:37 PM
Look at vorpal weapons

ShurikVch
2016-09-06, 04:11 PM
Runecaster from Player's Guide to Faerūn can place on the sword permanent-unless-dispelled activated-by-touch rune of Slay Living; it will cost at least 130k gp (or 110k, if Runecaster in question belong to one of fast progression classes)