PDA

View Full Version : Class/Prestige Class for destroying the environment

Yogibear41
2016-09-05, 01:38 AM
Looking for a good class/prestige class combination that is effective at destroying the ecology of an environment so that it become uninhabitable for living creatures, and that also would combo well with an undead race. Have an undead paladin of tyranny that will be picking up undead leadership at level 9, and I plan to grab a 7th level necropolitan npc to back him up. I'm trying to force a local population of humans out of the region, and while I know I can't stand up to them toe to toe, I am trying to think of creative ways to weaken them and push them out of the area. Naturally I thought to go for the Blighter, but wanted to see if anyone had any advice on other options.

Troacctid
2016-09-05, 01:39 AM
Blighter is pretty good.

Bullet06320
2016-09-05, 01:56 AM
you could always go with a defiler and be an athasian wizard in dragon 315 and 319

Cerefel
2016-09-05, 02:08 AM
I second Blighter. Destroying the environment is pretty much what your main class abilities are designed to do.

Zanos
2016-09-05, 02:12 AM
Walker in the Waste is great if you aren't already undead. Dry Lich is a very potent template, and you make everywhere you go so hot it's basically unlivable for most creatures.

Yogibear41
2016-09-05, 02:36 AM
Dry Lich would be cool, but I'm actually in a cooler environment. Currently I operate out of the Mountains, while the lowlands/plains on the coastline nearby is the area that has been taken over. It gets to be very cold in the area that is still under the control of my side, not that my undead bones mind. :smallsmile:

Fizban
2016-09-05, 09:08 AM
Depends on what you mean by ecosystem. Anyone capable of casting Fimbulwinter should pretty much ruin an area, I would expect a sudden ice age to kill most plants and animals. A forested region that finds all it's trees flattened by Control Winds will have some issues but plenty of things can still live there. Any method of summoning/calling long lasting Fire Elementals/Fire Mephits/you get the idea will make burning the place to cinders a cinch. Contagion/variants may be useful if their diseases can spread.

You have a specific goal that is much easier to do than ruining the whole ecosystem: to get rid of people, just plague them with disease until they die or leave (or kill you back with adventurers).

In that regard, it depends mostly on what sort of adventurers/spellcasters they have. If you want maximum ease of terrorizing peasants, Warlock 6 will do the trick: Summon Swarm+Walk Unseen. Most Commoner 1's will drop in a single round to any type of swarm and Bats inflict bleeding wounds that are certain death, which leaves diseased Rats and eye-removing Ravens (Tome of Magic) aren't even needed. But if they have anyone with decent ears and See Invisibility they'll find the warlock eventually.

Summon Undead 3 can get you a Ghoul, who can run out, bite someone, and run away like a crazy person. The target makes a save against Ghoul Fever and if all goes well you get your own zombie plague.

ShurikVch
2016-09-05, 02:32 PM
Isn't there any way for them to cast Evil Weather?
It's priceless to drive away local population:
Plague of Nettles - destroys their crops, gardens, and woods (and cause emergence of dangerous Plant monsters)
Rain of Blood - -1 morale for all living creatures, +1 - for corporeal Undead
Yes, 8th level spell at 7th - 9th levels may be a bit too much, but still...

Another variant: Half-Dragon (shadow dragon)
Stack on metabreaths so his shadow breath will cover wast territories, killing their crops and cattle, and invigorating any local Undead

GrayDeath
2016-09-05, 02:36 PM
Hmmmm, is it bad that my first thought at the request was "Republican Industrialist",and I instantly started wondering what the requirements and abilities would be? ^^

InvisibleBison
2016-09-05, 03:09 PM
Another variant: Half-Dragon (shadow dragon)
Stack on metabreaths so his shadow breath will cover wast territories, killing their crops and cattle, and invigorating any local Undead

Unfortunately, half-dragons can't take metabreath feats.

ShurikVch
2016-09-05, 03:20 PM
Unfortunately, half-dragons can't take metabreath feats.If you mean Half-Dragon's Breath Weapon 1/day limitation, then Dragon Breath feat from Races of the Dragon change it to every 1d4 rounds (just like most other "normal" Dragons), and allow to take and use any [metabreath] feats

InvisibleBison
2016-09-05, 03:22 PM
If you mean Half-Dragon's Breath Weapon 1/day limitation, then Dragon Breath feat from Races of the Dragon change it to every 1d4 rounds (just like most other "normal" Dragons), and allow to take and use any [metabreath] feats

I see. Once again, my lack of system mastery has led me astray. Thanks for letting me know about this!

The Viscount
2016-09-06, 01:56 PM
Seconding the recommendation of Walker in the Waste.

For clearing out areas, there is fun to be had using junglerazer. It's a 3rd so you can have many castings or wand it.

Âmesang
2016-09-06, 02:29 PM
My first thought was to take the Epic Spellcasting feat, track down an artifact called The Bringer of Doom, and recreate/recast The Invoked Devastation.

Nothing says "destroy the environment" like a thousand-mile, thousand-year-long desert made of hot ash and powdered glass.