PDA

View Full Version : Best spell list for party buffs?

Heliomance
2016-09-05, 05:24 AM
So War Weaver is pretty much the best class to play a dedicated party buffer, bar none. Something I've often wondered, though - which class has the best buff spells to use with it? If you could take any single class's spell list and give it to a War Weaver, which would you choose and why?

For the hell of it, let's include psionics as well. I'm not expecting it to win - most psionic buffs are self-only, I think - but let's be permissive.

BowStreetRunner
2016-09-05, 04:18 PM
Is there really an arcane caster with a spell list to rival sorcerer/wizard? I have found very few arcane casters who have a significant number of spells that aren't on the sorcerer/wizard list. If War Weaver were available to divine casters, we could discuss Archivist. But it's strictly arcane.

fishyfishyfishy
2016-09-05, 04:43 PM
Why limit yourself? Go Bard and prestige into Sublime Chord so you get Bard and Sorc/Wiz list access.

MaxiDuRaritry
2016-09-05, 05:14 PM
Spell-to-power erudite. It can pick up just about any psionic power (not that this counts for much), any arcane spell, and any divine spell via various means (child of Eberron dragon archetype for druid spells, wyrm wizard for cleric).

Even better, a straight psion with an erudite cohort and psychic chirurgery, so you don't have to deal with the unique powers per day, while still gaining all of those powers and spells-as-powers.

Canine
2016-09-05, 07:09 PM
DSP's Tactician (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?228324-PF-The-Chess-Master-A-Tactical-Guide-to-the-Tactician) for PF adds a lot of buffing options for psionics, and their Collective shares some similarities in theme with the War Weaver. Group telepathy has good stealth application, and ignoring SR on allies can be nice.

PF Psions (Egoists) can also share powers with friends; that isn't their focus, and it doesn't come online til 8th level, but a full caster that can share Metamorphosis (and other psychometabolism powers, including personal range stuff) can't be that bad.

Heliomance
2016-09-06, 01:22 AM
Is there really an arcane caster with a spell list to rival sorcerer/wizard? I have found very few arcane casters who have a significant number of spells that aren't on the sorcerer/wizard list. If War Weaver were available to divine casters, we could discuss Archivist. But it's strictly arcane.

I did say "If you could take any class's spell list". I wasn't intending to limit the discussion to Arcane only, I was asking which spell list has the best tapestry-compatible spells.

Hiro Quester
2016-09-06, 06:41 AM
Why limit yourself? Go Bard and prestige into Sublime Chord so you get Bard and Sorc/Wiz list access.

The addition of healing through the weave here is a huge benefit.

Some of the better buffs are still on the Sorc/Wiz list for levels 1-3, that the Bard/Sublime Chord does not get to access. And since the Weave only allows you to cast lower-level spells, it doesn't help much.

A bard 9/war weaver1/Sc 2/War weaver4/X 4 can be an awesome build, though.

But add in a custom runestaff to attune with while charging your weave, that enables you to cast some of the better lower-level Sor/Wiz buff spells, and you could be golden with such a build.

Doc Roctopus's Black Tactica War Weaver guide (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=1473.0) has a pretty complete list of the best Sor/Wiz spells to get on such a rune staff.