PDA

View Full Version : Kinda like a ninja

Number19
2016-09-05, 12:55 PM
So my group and I started a campaign. My character concept is a ninja flavored rogue/fighter/monk. Currently I have 1 lvl of rogue and 1 lvl fighter with the street urchin background. We're leveling up to 3rd for our next session. My plan is rogue assassin 4/ fighter two weapon battle master 5/ monk shadow 11 and to level up R F M, R F M, R F M, R F M, F M, monk on up in an attempt to constantly keep getting a little of each class as I level. I've chose the way I have as there is little that interests me in assassin in after 4th, 5th lvl battle master for the maneuvers and extra attack. Human w/ dual wield feat Just looking for some feedback, thoughts and ideas.

Sir cryosin
2016-09-05, 12:59 PM
So my group and I started a campaign. My character concept is a ninja flavored rogue/fighter/monk. Currently I have 1 lvl of rogue and 1 lvl fighter with the street urchin background. We're leveling up to 3rd for our next session. My plan is rogue assassin 4/ fighter two weapon battle master 5/ monk shadow 11 and to level up R F M, R F M, R F M, R F M, F M, monk on up in an attempt to constantly keep getting a little of each class as I level. I've chose the way I have as there is little that interests me in assassin in after 4th, 5th lvl battle master for the maneuvers and extra attack. Human w/ dual wield feat Just looking for some feedback, thoughts and ideas.

Um I would cut fighter at lv3 or 4 for the ASI. You get a extra attack from monk and they don't stack.

Specter
2016-09-05, 01:39 PM
What Cryosin said. Plus, you should focus either on getting Extra Attack ASAP (at most at level 7). I'd go FRM for the first three levels, then rush to Monk 5. Playing a monk is better with more ki, anyway.

Grod_The_Giant
2016-09-05, 01:48 PM
I agree with the above-- you'll want your Extra Attack quickly. At this point I think I'd concentrate on just getting to Shadow Monk 6-- you'll want the Extra Attack and Ki, and the shadow teleport is just too cool to pass up. Then take your next few Rogue levels, then Fighter, I suppose. Though I don't think that Fighter is likely to add much to the build, frankly. Maneuvers aren't particularly great; you'd be better off with more Monk or Rogue, I think.

Number19
2016-09-05, 01:56 PM
So it's to late to forego fighter all together but maybe I'll ditch any more levels of it. On another note what are y'alls thoughts on swashbuckler over assassin? I know assassin may fit more thematically but in this party I tend to find myself in a lot of head on fights. Swashbuckler seems like it would give me more op to use my sneak attack.

Sir cryosin
2016-09-05, 02:34 PM
Swashbuckler is a better fit for a monk just because of it free disengage. But assassin can be powerful if your DM and party allows you to get surprise a lot. Then adding any charisma you might have is nice to add to your initiative.

Degwerks
2016-09-05, 02:42 PM
If you currently don't have bonus from your charisma score i wouldn't go swashbuckler. If you do then swashbuckler would be great with a shadow monk.

Number19
2016-09-05, 02:49 PM
14 charisma for +2 bonus

fishyfishyfishy
2016-09-05, 03:16 PM
Since you're already Fighter 1 Rogue 1 I would get another level of each to get Action Surge and Cunning Action. Those are arguably the best features of both of those classes. Then go Monk 6, and maybe splash more Rogue in there every now and then after that. You delay your extra attack a while but you do get the flurry from Monk and the Action Surge to sorta make up for it for a bit.