PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Is there anything wrong with my ghoul template? For pathfinder.

MonkeySage
2016-09-05, 05:06 PM
Ghoul Template
CR: Same as base Creature +1
Type: Undead, do not recalculate BAB, Saves, or skill points.
Armor Class: +2 Nat
HD: All racial HD change to d8s. All HD derived from class levels remain unchanged.
Defensive Abilities: +2 Channel Resistance
Speed: Remains the Same
Melee and Ranged attacks: Gains two claw attacks, and a bite attack.
Claws inflict paralysis (DC is Cha Based), Bite inflicts Disease (Su) (DC is Cha based) and paralysis
Special:
Disease (Su): Ghoul Fever: Bite—injury; save Fort DC Cha Based; onset 1 day; frequency 1/day; effect 1d3 Con and 1d3 Dex damage; cure 2 consecutive saves. The save DC is Charisma-based. A humanoid who dies of ghoul fever rises as a ghoul at the next midnight. A humanoid who becomes a ghoul in this way retains none of the abilities it possessed in life. It is not under the control of any other ghouls, but it hungers for the flesh of the living and behaves like a normal ghoul in all respects. A humanoid of 4 Hit Dice or more rises as a ghast.
Abilities: +2 Str, +4 Cha
Skills: +6 Climb

I plan on using this for one of my campaigns, which uses Taint from 3.5.

Sayt
2016-09-05, 06:39 PM
Looks good! Just a few things to note:
Perhaps grant Improved natural attack for creatures which already have bites/claws.

The other thing is that ghouls tend to be dexterous rather than strong, so perhaps +dex insread of strength?

Also, I'm personally a fan of Ghoul Distemper from Horror Adventures, instead of Ghoul Fever, but that is subjective and not on the SRD yet.