PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying D&D 5e - All Official 5e Adventures in one Campaign

DragonSorcererX
2016-09-06, 04:57 PM
So, I have only one player (and one NPC) available, and I am planning to run all 5e official adventures in one campaign, my pc and npc are much more powerful than normal pcs of their level (Epic Heroism Rest Variant + Spell Points + 2x HP at level 1 + Max HP per level + Bonus Feat at level 1 + Hero Points).

Some things that I know that will happen (and I want them to happen):
- The pcs will evolve much faster than any other because they don't need to split the XP by 4 or 5.
- The pcs, even having a reduced number, will eventually become much more powerful than the monsters, so I will need to enhance the monsters power level! (YAY! Time for some mass destruction anime battles!)
- The pcs will go Epic really fast, and in the end, they will probably be poweful enough to fight toe to toe with the Full Power version of Tiamat.

The order that I am planning to run the adventures are:
Lost Mines of Phandelver > Princes of the Apocalypse > Curse of Strahd > Out of the Abyss > Hoard of the Dragon Queen > Rise of Tiamat > Storm King's Thunder.

How I plan to connect all that: After PotA, the pcs will be sucked by the mists to Ravenloft and after CoS the portal who takes people back to Toril will be scrambled and they will be teleported to that exactly Drow Prison Cell, HotDQ/RoT doesn't need connection with the past adventures and Storm King's Thunder seems to be already connected to HotDQ/RoT.

What do you guys think?

Hudsonian
2016-09-06, 05:04 PM
I'm really interested in knowing how this goes.

DragonSorcererX
2016-09-06, 05:17 PM
I'm really interested in knowing how this goes.

Do not get any hopes for a campaign log, I am someone really instable, and I am just running official adventures until I get a real good grasp of DMing and start creating my own homebrew world, adventures and campaigns. I'm just asking the opinion of the community to see if my plans make sense (Posting this made me forget to take my ADHD medicine, so, you can imagine how I am).

Elminster298
2016-09-07, 01:15 AM
Do not get any hopes for a campaign log, I am someone really instable, and I am just running official adventures until I get a real good grasp of DMing and start creating my own homebrew world, adventures and campaigns. I'm just asking the opinion of the community to see if my plans make sense (Posting this made me forget to take my ADHD medicine, so, you can imagine how I am).

I personally think this is a great way to get your feet wet as a DM. Published adventures in 5th ed are very well done and GENERALLY encourage great learning potential for both players and DMs. I've been playing and DMing for over two decades and still find New things to learn even from published adventures. You seem to have a good grasp on the IDEA of DMing and I think that is more important than any mechanical problems you might face in running such a possibly awkward campaign. All I will say for "expert advice" is to have fun! You seem on the right path so having fun is the most important thing I can push to the foreground!

Aembrosia
2016-09-07, 02:32 PM
You can tweak here and there to fit whatever you like. In terms of chronology pota and skt occur at the same time. The book has a lot of great tie ins written into it to switch back and forth between the two. If you've fought tiamat before you know just how badly a group of 5-6 level 20's get their asses kicked. We're going to need some good loyal, grateful allies, lets say... The king of the storm giants, an ancient lich, trying to think of a cool ally in pota... The shadow dragon? Honestly, grazzt does not need to die. He's a very reasonable demon lord. He just wants to see the beauty of the world.

DragonSorcererX
2016-09-07, 05:29 PM
You can tweak here and there to fit whatever you like. In terms of chronology pota and skt occur at the same time. The book has a lot of great tie ins written into it to switch back and forth between the two. If you've fought tiamat before you know just how badly a group of 5-6 level 20's get their asses kicked. We're going to need some good loyal, grateful allies, lets say... The king of the storm giants, an ancient lich, trying to think of a cool ally in pota... The shadow dragon? Honestly, grazzt does not need to die. He's a very reasonable demon lord. He just wants to see the beauty of the world.

I don't know when Grazzt appears in OotA, but, if he gets his ass kicked he will just respawn at his bed on the Abyss like Minecraft...