PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon: Gotcha Cath Em All (Redux) [PTU]

ChaosArchon
2016-09-06, 07:58 PM
The sun shines brightly in a small suburban town in the Cath region. Butterfrees fly through the sky, weedles weedle around, and the occasional rattata scurries through the grass.

You are all seated around a table, sharing lunch with Professor Bonsai. The elderly woman clearly has plently of years on you but there is a sharpness in her eyes that shows she still is young at heart.

"So gang, you all know why I invited you out to lunch," she says as she reaches in her bag and pulls out several small red rectangular devices. "I'm a bit long in the tooth and alas I never completed my dream of cataloging all the POKEMON in the Cath region. But you are all still pretty young, I bet you all could complete the POKEDEX for me!"

She beams at you, with eyes that would cow Giratina into sympathy,"Now you don't have to just run around looking for Pokemon to catalog. On the way you can try your hand at gyms and contests, heck I hear Emerald City is one of the best shopping malls in the world! And you're sure to end up there at some point in your journey! So will ya do it for me? Pleeaaaaase."

And with that exposition, welcome to the world of Pokemon, in the Cath region. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuYeHPFR3f0&list=LLSNZncMJQxi5Y_jgRuQZXvg&index=9)

whoopsie, def sure this is IC now :smalltongue:

josienoms
2016-09-08, 09:52 AM
Daphne's eyes go wide when Professor Bonsai offers her the Pokedex. She was finally going to be able to go on her very own Pokemon adventure, just like Max. She and Joltik were gonna take on the world!

"Of course we'll do it, Professor!"

She takes the Pokedex, and flips it open. She lets Joltik out of his Pokeball, and giggles as the Pokedex displays information about her tiny partner. She puts the Pokedex away, and lets Joltik crawl up her arm and onto her shoulder, where he nuzzles into her hair.

"I suppose I better buy some more Pokeballs, so I can catch more Bug Types. And where's the nearest Gym, Professor? I can't wait to take on the Pokemon League!"

Dante Falcon
2016-09-08, 10:15 AM
Finn took the pokedex looked it over "A little bland but I suppose I can spruce it up. Besides, this'll give me an excuse to travel the world and find the second cutest pokemon, while becoming the new star trainer of all contests, especially cute ones. I've already got the cutest one anyway, isn't that right little Sashi!"

Finn bent down next to the Minccino that had been meticulously groomed and was showing itself off under the careful ministrations of its trainer. Finn for his part had devolved into talking to Sashi like it was a puppy. Or a baby. Which was pretty much standard fare for the overly dressed boy. If previous interactions were any indication, he'd continue on like this for at least five minutes or up to an hour if he really got on a tangent and wasn't stopped.

Kell_tamer
2016-09-08, 12:51 PM
The young girl with a Froakie on her shoulder looked over the device. Looked like one of the newer models which was good. It would help her with her own research as well. The ninja bowed. "Thank you professor"

She tested the device out by setting the Froakie on the table. "Alright, lets get a good picture for this..." She points the Pokedex at the Froakie. "pose Kero." As she waits for her little ninja frog to take a position.

ChaosArchon
2016-09-16, 04:38 PM
The Froakie looks at the Pokedex with an intense look in its eyes, with its lips pushed together expressively. (http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11115/111152141/4648398-blue-steel.jpg) Meanwhile the ever cheerful Saki runs in spiral circles up and down the well dressed boy before sitting on his head, leading over his forehead to look into his eyes. Even Joltik seems excited, its small legs dangling excitedly off Daphne's shoulders.

Professor Bonsai looks at Daphne,"Absolutely, the nearest gym around is in Ruby City right off of the Yellow Brick road!"

Kell_tamer
2016-09-16, 10:00 PM
She blinks. "My ninja frog is a fashionista..... who knew?"

josienoms
2016-09-19, 09:05 AM
Daphne grins widely, and takes Joltik into her hands.

"That's not that far... What Type of Gym is it, Professor?"

She silently hopes that it's not Fire, Rock, Flying, or Ground.

ChaosArchon
2016-09-19, 11:55 PM
Bonsai grins,"Oh just a Fairy gym! Yeah Glinda is the best Fairy trainer in the region, and that's why she's gym leader in Ruby City!"

josienoms
2016-09-20, 12:06 AM
Daphne gulps.

"Well, I hope she's not too good. I wanna be able to win!"

Kell_tamer
2016-09-28, 05:59 PM
The little ninja puts away the pokedex and looks to the professor. "While the league doesn't interest me, the research does. You can count on me Professor!" She holds her arm out for the small frog to climb up and perch on her shoulder.

ChaosArchon
2016-09-29, 02:00 AM
The small frog gracefully glides through the air in an acrobatic leap onto their trainer's arm. Meanwhile Bonsai smiles,"I'm sure you'll be able to handle her Daphne. Just believe in your Pokemon and they won't let you down!"

josienoms
2016-09-29, 09:29 AM
Daphne nods, and calls Joltik back into his Pokeball.

"Then I'm ready to hit the road! C'mon, Reiko, let's get going. A whole world of Pokemon adventures awaits us!"

She gets up from the table, and hugs the Professor. She checks her bag one last time, to make sure she has everything she needs, then sets off, hopefully with her friend by her side.

Kell_tamer
2016-10-03, 12:46 PM
Reiko nods and follows her friend out. With Kero on her shoulder she turns back and gives the professor a wave.

She turns back to her friend. "We gotta stop by the Dojo before we get too far. Need to get a TOWN MAP."

Dante Falcon
2016-10-04, 02:18 AM
Finn came out of his cuteness inspired reverie and barely noticed his friends leaving. He scrambled up, catching Sashi into his arms and waved at the professor as he ran after them, bag of supplies bouncing against his waist.. "Don't worry Professor, I'll make sure we fill the pokedex, -and- make sure they get on TV. Without a scandal probably! Wait up you two!"

ChaosArchon
2016-10-04, 07:13 PM
And so the small crew of trainers walks to the DOJO! Inside they come upon a portly older fellow who smiles at the group,"Ah I assume you three are off on Bonsai's quest huh! Well then you'll need a TOWN MAP! Here you kids go, good luck out there!"

Kell_tamer
2016-10-04, 07:23 PM
Reiko grins and bows. "Indeed we are! Thank you!" She glances around. "Is Sensei in or is he out of town at his Gym? Wasn't sure if he left yet."

josienoms
2016-10-05, 10:26 PM
Daphne smiles sweetly.

"Thank you very much, sir."

She tucks the Town Map away, into a pocket in her backpack marked "KEY ITEMS".

Nothing if not organized, this girl.