PDA

View Full Version : What plane are Titans from? Or do Titans exist in the elemental planes?

sage20500
2016-09-06, 08:33 PM
Trying to work on a gestalt character for a Dark Sun pbp campaign, and I was basing it off of an idea I had for a previous character, and that idea used the Titan bloodline from UA. Only issue is, aside from only having the generic titan listed as an outsider, I can't bloody find out what plane they're from to see whether or not it be possible to have that blood line in Dark Sun, since the only real planes you could reliably get something like this from would be the Elemental Planes. Anyone have any answers to this?

Calthropstu
2016-09-06, 09:44 PM
The original titans are from elysium. Servants of the gods of good, many rebelled. During the war that followed, the titans lost, and many were cast into the abyss as punishment.

Those that sided with the gods dwell in Elysium today.

Afgncaap5
2016-09-06, 10:25 PM
Is there a particularly chaotic planar option? I know that in Eberron they're right at home in Kythri, the Churning Chaos.

As for elemental options... is there any reason a DM can't just say "Why, yes, there are kingdoms of Titans living in each of the elemental planes! Take your pick from them, they're statistically no different from the ones in the Monster Manual, they just really prefer different climates."?

Xar Zarath
2016-09-07, 12:12 AM
You could also allow for Titans to exist in all the planes, living in a corner they took for themselves. So they are infused with some small measure of that plane's energy and are appropriately themed as such, fire titans from the plane of fire, air titans from plane of air etc.

Calthropstu
2016-09-07, 01:21 AM
You could also allow for Titans to exist in all the planes, living in a corner they took for themselves. So they are infused with some small measure of that plane's energy and are appropriately themed as such, fire titans from the plane of fire, air titans from plane of air etc.

And then the fire nation attacked...

Eladrinblade
2016-09-07, 04:03 AM
If we're talking 3e here, they come from Arborea. It's hinted that they had a realm of their own in Mithardir, the third layer, sometimes called "Pelion", which is now a big desert.

Thurbane
2016-09-07, 05:11 AM
If we're talking 3e here, they come from Arborea. It's hinted that they had a realm of their own in Mithardir, the third layer, sometimes called "Pelion", which is now a big desert.

Manual of the Planes also mentions some rogue Titans being banished to Carceri.

But yes, in 3.X cosmology, Arborea seems to be the home plane of Titans.

They also often roam the Astral plane....not sure how that interacts with Dark Sun cosmology?