PDA

View Full Version : [IC] A Pleasant Stroll Through The Planes

Morcleon
2016-09-07, 01:03 AM
http://pre04.deviantart.net/73f5/th/pre/f/2014/192/0/a/larangan_view_by_arsenixc-d7q72gu.jpg
A Pleasant Stroll Through The Planes
Recruitment Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?499289)
OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?499720)

Absalom (http://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Absalom)
1st of Abadius, 4711 AR

The dawn breaks crisp and bright on the first day of the new year. Birdsong and sunlight trickles in through the half-shut window slats of your cramped room in The Illuminator, an inn run by an old and retired paladin of Sarenrae. The room itself is small, cheap, but relatively comfortable, with two large beds and a nightstand. The walls are built of smooth wood stained a deep brown. The day before, the three of you had arrived in Absalom for many a reason known only to yourself. One of these, surely, was the upcoming Foundation Day festivities, the celebration of the founding of Absalom by Aroden. Posters throughout the city promised exotic foods, exciting performances, and a speech by Lord Gyr of House Gixx.

Ridai
2016-09-17, 04:52 AM
If the others want to doze a bit more, they are happily denied as light floods the room when Sonya throws open the window. Stretching away any remnants of sleepiness, the warrior soaks in the morning sunlight and fresh air, already wide awake. "Morning, girls!" she greets the others (or verbally drags them from the grasps of sweet, sweet unconsciousness), with a grin reaching from ear to ear. "Hmm, I wonder what's for breakfast," she considers, only then deciding to wash and dress.

Hazuki
2016-09-17, 09:06 AM
It would have been a peaceful scene. Nightly resting atop the covers of her rented bed, fully clothed and clutching her quarterstaff to her chest, as she dreamed sweet dreams of home. She would have risen from her slumber gracefully, somberly, and made her way through her morning rituals. Unfortunately, a certain warrior has decided to throw open the curtains and welcome the searing sunlight.

Instead, Nightly lets out a subdued cry of pain as she yanks herself out of bed and onto her feet, rubbing at her own eyes as she stumbles around the immediate area around her bed. She just about manages to steady herself with her staff to narrow her wincing eyes at Sonya.

"Light! Blindness!" She reminds the woman, gesturing with her staff to enunciate the words. "Real thing! Real pain! Imbecile..." She grumbles, turning away as a cloak forms around her tunic, complete with a cowl to cover her face.

Comissar
2016-09-17, 09:50 AM
Aeleren had already been debating whether she should get up or not, the gradually intensifying light seeping through the window's cracks a reminder that the day would begin with or without her. Sonya throwing the windows open wide settled that question decisively. Squinting at the abrupt change in light levels, she raises an arm to cover her eyes. "Mmrrmmphhh..."

Nightly's yelp seals it, though, drawing a wince from her at its proximity as she pulls herself up to a sitting position, folding her legs slightly ahead of her. Rubbing at her bleary eyes, she comments "We'll have to find you an eye mask or something, Nightly." She yawns, running a hand through her unruly hair as she does, "'eep 'ou, hahh... From being disturbed so much in the morning."

Aeleren pushes the covers back, standing and walking over to the foot of her bed, crouching down a little before hopping to the floor. It had been cheapest to just all share a room, which meant all tallfolk beds. Only two beds meant sharing or the floor, too. Fortunately, Nightly didn't seem to mind the shared space, and at least she didn't fidget much in the night. Bending to her pile of stuff, she plucked her coat out and pulled it on over her underclothes, beginning her preparations for the day.

Ridai
2016-09-17, 10:33 AM
Sonya laughs at her own mistake, her voice strong and hearty. "Sorry, sorry. I might need to stop doing that in general, 'cause I haven't met a single morning person in this world yet." Hearing Aeleren's suggestion, she goes "Ooh, there's an idea! How about we go find one of those for you, Nightly, and I'll pay for breakfast?"

The drow suddenly finds strong fingers on her temples, circling and applying pressure in all the right ways to massage any remaining pain away.

Comissar
2016-09-17, 10:50 AM
A smirk tugs at Aeleren's lips as Sonya goes over to fuss around the Drow, amusement welling in her as she anticipates Nightly's reaction. Sitting on the floor, she tugs on one boot, then the other. "Is that breakfast for all of us?" She glances up at the towering warrior with a grin, "Or are you just trying to get on Nightly's good graces again."

Pushing herself back to her feet, she reached down to her assorted jewellery, affixing her earrings into place as she looked between the others.

Hazuki
2016-09-17, 10:55 AM
Nightly meets Sonya's eyes as the woman goes about massaging her temples, the annoyance somewhat fading from her visage. "Fine, fine. But you'll have to tell me what one of those is." She says, lightly tapping the end of her staff on the ground as she focuses on the image of a pristine sky, the clouds slowly brushing away to reveal the expanse of the stars. Star-like patterns flow from her feet and up over her head, cleaning the few perceptible specks of dust on her. "Will any of you be having a wash?"

Ridai
2016-09-17, 11:50 AM
To Aeleren's question, Sonya responds with "Ha! Both!" as she massages (also asking "One of those what? Eye masks?"). After finishing, she "ooh!"s as she watches the little bit of magic clean Nightly. "I was wondering how the spellslingers managed to clean up so quickly in the morning. Can you do that on me? I wonder how that feels."

Hazuki
2016-09-17, 12:06 PM
"Yes, eye masks." Nightly responds to the question with a tired look. She taps her staff on the ground, once more conjuring up the image in her mind, a feeling of celestial calm, to conjure the stars that wash over Sonya like a thousand miniature summer breezes. "There. Now, how do I look?" She asks, as she runs a hand down her face and, once it's passed, it has shifted into a much more elven look. Her skin is like ivory, her hair sunkissed, her eyes like emeralds plucked from the most royal crowns, and various flowery descriptions. Her scars are also gone.

Both of the girls would recognize it as her low-effort elf disguise.

Nightly is Implanting her Fearsome Guise Trick on herself, using the Disguise Self aspect. Taking 10 on Disguise, for 32.

Ridai
2016-09-17, 12:22 PM
Chortling as she feels the magic wash over her ("Like standing naked in a mountain breeze" which is from the sound of it a positive connotation), Sonya nods once to Nightly. "As great as ever. I think the eye masks Aeleren is talking about are like a blindfold you wear in bed so you can snore triumphantly in the face of the morning sun with no craps given."

Once done dressing and gearing up in her comfy suit of armor (with a little help) and beast pelt with her sword on her back, Sonya grins to the others. "Onwards! A free breakfast awaits you!"

Comissar
2016-09-17, 01:10 PM
Aeleren finishes dressing herself, pushing her hair up away from her face with her headband. She glances up at Sonya, "Yup, that's right! They're great for when you just want a little longer before getting up, lost mine ages ago though." She grins, "And I'll be ready in a sec."

She performs a quick series of hand gestures, her hair taming itself somewhat and clothes becoming less crumpled and cleaner as well. She smiles at the other two, "Ready. And you look great, Nightly."

Aeleren's using her 1/Day Prestidigitation to make herself presentable, just in case it was unclear :smalltongue:

Hazuki
2016-09-17, 01:50 PM
Nightly nods in approval and acknowledgment as her roommates compliment her appearance. She waits for Aeleren to finish fixing herself up before striding up beside Sonya and down the stairs.

Morcleon
2016-09-17, 11:52 PM
Absalom
1st of Abadius, 4711 AR

The main hall of the inn is already bustling with activity, with many patrons already arrived to eat and several more having already finished their meals. Waiters and waitresses flit between the tables, taking orders and filling drinks. You find a small unoccupied (and recently cleaned) booth near the edge of the room and before too long, a cheerful waitress with short white hair and pale skin pops up beside your table. "Good morning and welcome to the Illuminator! My name is Tena Adler and I'll be taking care of you three today."

"For breakfast, we have our standard eggs and sausage combo, a bowl of cabbage soup, a bowl of grits and gravy, and the festival special, a rich stew with exotic spices from Qadira." She smiles at each of you as a faint blue pattern swirling under her skin, a clear indicator of her elemental heritage. "So what will you ladies have?"

She's a sylph.

Ridai
2016-09-18, 04:16 AM
Sonya's smile radiates back to the waitress. "Hey Tena, I'm Sonya," she greets, taking in the woman's appearance with appreciation and curiosity, evidently having rarely seen her kind.

Hearing about the options, she rubs her hands. "Ooh, bring on the festival special! And eggs and sausage, too." If everything is paid upfront, Sonya pays for Nightly's and Aeleren's meals, and tips well, to boot. Tipping seems to be very important in this world, she learned. It's like instant happiness for waiting staff.

Comissar
2016-09-18, 08:01 AM
Aeleren nods at Sonya's order, "That does sound good. I think just the special for me, though, nothing extra."

She leans back in her chair, enjoying the sounds and smells of the surrounding room. Her eyes scan around, idle curiosity leading her to wonder how many of the other patrons were native, and how many had come just for the festival.

Aeleren's just passively looking for anyone with an exotic appearance, purely for her own curiosity's sake. Taking 10 on the perception for 17.

Also, knowledge planes to recognise Sylphiness - [roll0]

Hazuki
2016-09-18, 08:16 AM
Nightly takes her seat at one of the end seats of the booth and props her staff up beside her, between her and the wall. "I'll have what she has." She nods in Aeleren's direction and only briefly glances at the waitress. She keeps a shadowed eye on the other guests of The Illuminator, watching for thieves that are bound to be about.

[roll0]

Hazuki
2016-09-20, 08:55 AM
"What are we going to be doing today, then?" Nightly asks, abruptly resuming a conversation that probably started the day before. She looks between her two table-sharing companions with eyes that look slightly sinister even when painted with a lovely elf exterior.

Comissar
2016-09-20, 10:05 AM
Aeleren folds her arms on the table in front of her, lowering her head the short distance needed to rest her chin on her arms. "Mmm... Not sure. I know the speech is today, but those are always so dry." Her eyes light up as a thought occurs, sitting up straighter as she continues, "Oh! I think I heard there was a showcase for a new Monk's school, might be worth checking out? They're always really flashy to watch, almost makes me wish I had the build for it."

Ridai
2016-09-20, 12:00 PM
When she hears about the monks, Sonya slaps the table twice and briefly points to Aeleren. "Oh yeah, I'm for that one, after we've got a nice mask for Nightly. That sounds good. I myself don't really have plans, just generally want to look around town. I hear there are some impressive buildings in Ascendant Court and someone told me I could compete in the Irorium, whatever that is, so maybe we can check that out as well?"

Morcleon
2016-09-20, 06:22 PM
Absalom
1st of Abadius, 4711 AR

"Okay~! Three specials and one eggs and sausage!" Tena beams widely and nods, accepting Sonya's payment and tip with a grateful smile. "Thank you. And what would you ladies like to drink? We have a wide selection of hard and soft drinks to choose from!"

She pauses for a second, then pipes up again in a hesitant voice. "Um... if you don't mind me interrupting... the Irorium is a large stadium for gladiatorial fights. They're doing the preliminary matches starting this afternoon, so if you want to sign up, you might want to head over soon. The actual tournament is going to be tomorrow! There'll be a lot of skilled fighters there, so I'm really excited to go see it!" Despite starting out softly, she finishes her explanation with a deeply excited expression on her face.

You see a fancily dressed lady with grey hair and blue eyes in a red dress. While the dress is nice, the oddest part is the complex and twisting tattoo taking up nearly half of her face.

You see a thin dwarf with silver hair and blue eyes and a thin moustache dressed in light chainmail. He appear unarmed but has a sable ferret by his side.
There doesn't appear to be any thieves.

Hazuki
2016-09-20, 06:31 PM
"What God do the Monks follow? I wouldn't object to a chance to corner one once they're done dancing for the children." Nightly replies to Aeleren, idly fingering the staff propped up beside her before her head flicks to the waitress still beside them. "Water. Neat. With a cherry on one of those little sticks."

Ridai
2016-09-21, 01:29 AM
"Do you have mead? Just water if not." Hearing about the Irorium, there is the look of realization on Sonya's face, followed by seeming pretty miffed. "People fight to the death for sports here? That sounds pretty backwards."

Comissar
2016-09-21, 06:00 PM
Aeleren frowns in thought at Nightly's question, "I don't know, maybe one of the martial ones? I think they're just dedicated rather than being religious..."

Question answered, she then smiles up at Tena, "Oh, whatever you'd recommend, but nothing too strong for me. Plenty of day still to come, don't want to get started too early."

She shakes her head with another smile at Sonya, "No, I don't think it's to the death, I'd be really surprised if it was! I think it's just a big show of how good you are at hitting things, fighting until one side surrenders, that kind of thing." She leans forward, a conspiratorial note in her voice, "I think some of it might even be staged to be honest. Probably not the tournament itself, but the other bits. I bet it's easier to make a good show if you can plan out what'll happen, right?"

Ridai
2016-09-22, 07:07 AM
Sonya inclines her head. "That sounds just as weird. I think I'll stick to watching some actual matches so I don't accidentally take someone's arm or leg off."

Hazuki
2016-09-22, 07:28 AM
"Mask, monks, and mutilation." Nightly lists off, eyes flicking between the two women sharing her table. "...I've had worse days."

Morcleon
2016-09-22, 11:04 PM
Absalom
1st of Abadius, 4711 AR

"Okay! Fancy water, mead, and... hm, let's go with an iced light drink." Tena lists off your orders with a smile.

"Oh, no no! There's a spell on the arena that prevents inflicting lethal wounds, so you can go all out without fear of hurting someone." She hurriedly shakes her head at Sonya, chuckling sheepishly. Pausing for a second, she scratches the back of her head with a light blush. "A-Actually, I think you'd do pretty well in the fights. I'd like seeing what you could do."

She then turns to Aeleren with a slight pout. "They are not staged. ...um, at least, I don't think so..." She trails off and shrugs. "Ah, I'll go place your orders now! They'll be out soon!"

Ridai
2016-09-23, 02:34 AM
Hearing about the spell, the implications start to form in Sonya's mind and laughter bursts out of her. Wiping a tear away, she says among further aftershocks of giggling "So that's how therapy works in this town!" The warrior needs a moment to recover, straightening back up, also now enjoying the aftereffects of the nice workout her laughing provided. "Yeah, I think I'll compete. That sounds hilarious!"

Hazuki
2016-09-23, 05:36 AM
Nightly stares at Sonya throughout the duration of her laughing fit, then waits for the waitress to depart before leaning back in her seat. "If you keep laughing, your face will get stuck that way." She warns the warrior.

Comissar
2016-09-23, 06:54 AM
Aeleren grins up at the waitress, "Or... They're staged really well! Looking forward to the food, thanks!"

Nightly's comment just widens her grin, "Nothing wrong with looking cheerful!" She tilts her head to one side, "Think you might give it a try too? Don't know if they allow magic, but it might be fun?"

Ridai
2016-09-23, 06:56 AM
"From what I've seen, people are more likely to crap their pants when facing someone with a smile and blood in their face than looking mad with blood in their face, so that's alright with me."

To the waitress, Sonya adds a nod. "Looking forward to it."

Hazuki
2016-09-23, 07:29 AM
Nightly shakes her head at Aeleren's question. "Crowds are allergic to me. They break out in mobs and poor hygiene."

Comissar
2016-09-23, 11:41 AM
Aeleren shrugs, "I'm sure they could put up with you long enough," She smirks, "I mean, we've managed to so far."

Hazuki
2016-09-23, 12:11 PM
Nightly considers the Gnome's words for a moment, as she taps her fingers on her staff. "I suppose I could beat them into submission with my charm." She muses for a few moments, then shakes her head. "No, I think not. It's been far too long since I've taken up a weapon. Best leave it to Sonya and her chest of many muscles."

Ridai
2016-09-23, 12:25 PM
"You probably are way too classy for the whole thing anyway, and I'm entering to see how silly that adult butt spanking contest is gonna get. I'll deliver some in your honor." Sonya Cheshire Cats for a moment while resting her chin on her knuckle.

Morcleon
2016-09-23, 12:31 PM
Absalom
1st of Abadius, 4711 AR

"Here you go! I hope you enjoy your drinks!" Tena comes back with your drinks, a cup of water with a cherry on a stick for Nightly, a frothing mug of mead for Sonya, and a faintly glowing blue drink for Aeleren. "Your food will be out in a few minutes.

Ridai
2016-09-23, 12:38 PM
"Thanks!" Sonya raises her mug to bump it against those of the others, if they want, announces "Skål!" and takes a hearty gulp. "Ohh, it's been way too long."

Hazuki
2016-09-23, 12:48 PM
Nightly, before doing anything with her drink, pictures a dark shoulder being sliced open, blood falling into a chalice as a group of shadowed figures watch for the telltale sizzle of corruption.

She's casting it.

Morcleon
2016-09-23, 12:59 PM
No poison is detected.

Comissar
2016-09-23, 03:44 PM
Aeleren's eyes widen slightly as the drinks are brought out, giving an appreciative "Ooohhh" at the sight of her own, faintly glowing one.

"Thanks!" She grins at the other two, "That's not quite what I was expecting when she said a 'light' drink."

She raises the glass at Sonya's toast, gently tapping it against the much larger mug. She takes a tentative sip, curious as to what the unusual beverage would taste like.

Hazuki
2016-09-23, 09:15 PM
Nightly holds her cherry on a stick in her right hand as she takes a sip of her water and focuses on Sonya. "Skål?" She asks. "What language is that?"

Ridai
2016-09-24, 06:57 AM
"That of the people of Midgard, like me. You probably won't find anyone else speaking it anymore, what with the sky having fallen, unless you happen across the halls of our Lords and Ladies where the dead rest and celebrate." Sonya happily explains. It would also explain the slight accent that shifts Sonya's Common towards harder consonants and pronouncing vowels somewhat differently at times. "Skål was our usual toast."

Hazuki
2016-09-25, 10:15 AM
"Would it please you to have it recorded? Languages are something of a specialty for me." Nightly offers, pausing for a moment. "But if that was the language of your home, how long did it take to learn the common tongue?"

Ridai
2016-09-25, 05:04 PM
"If you'd like to record it, I'd be happy to help. I'm fine either way. My world was meant to end and the fallen sing in their mother tongue in the halls of our gods, so oblivion is of little concern for me." As for learning common, Sonya crosses her arms, shifts her mouth to one side and looks to the ceiling as she tries to remember. "A month, maybe? I wasn't really paying attention to the passage of time or at what point I could be considered to have learned what is called Common. It helped that this language is a lot simpler than my mother tongue, childs' play compared to what the alfar spoke, and half-braindead compared to the languages of Asgard and Niflheim. There was also a surprising amount of words I could more or less derive from or guess at because of languages I knew or other smatterings. The common tongue is fun, though. Complete mongrel of a language, but pretty much everyone can more or less get across what they mean, maybe with help of hands and feet at times, even if their grammar is almost non-existant and their vocabulary limited to a pamphlet."

Morcleon
2016-09-25, 05:15 PM
Absalom
1st of Abadius, 4711 AR

After a few minutes, Tena comes tottering back with three bowls and a plate balanced all over her arms. She comes to a halt in front of your table and sets them down in front of you. The festival special stew is a rich brown with various chunks of meat and vegetables, and a powerfully savory scent. The eggs and sausage, while less exciting, glistens with freshness and oil and a wholesome scent. "And here we are! Three festival specials and a plate of eggs and sausage!"

She gives you three a deep bow and smile. "I hope you enjoy your meal! If you need anything, please call me over."

Hazuki
2016-09-25, 09:51 PM
A slight smirk creases the edge of Nightly's lips as Sonya gives her thoughts on the common tongue. "A language anyone can learn is a language no one should." She says. "The wisdom of my mentor in linguistics. She taught me the most difficult lessons, and not entirely out of spite. If an angel ever wants to talk with the likes of you, they're desperate enough to bring their own dictionary. And then I'd have to recite my translation of Melodies of Inner Beauty into Goblin; a language so violent that a simple greeting scars your tongue."

As their stew arrives, she goes through her previous motions of searching for poison, and gently pulls her spoon closer to the bowl.

Morcleon
2016-09-25, 10:05 PM
No poison is detected.

Ridai
2016-09-26, 03:38 AM
"Nothing says 'I love you' like sounding you want to gut them in an alley and sell their entrails to a soup kitchen," Sonya adds her own little bit of mischief. "More power to your mentor, I guess, if that's how she rolls. I like Common. It's a funny language and there is something comforting about the notion that you will always be understood if you want to party, have sex, or say their mother can't cook. Plus, it has a word for throwing people out of a window, so that gets bonus points from me."

When the food arrives, Sonya rubs her hands together in anticipation, inhaling the various scents. "Thanks! You probably won't hear anything from me becausebrwlbrlwb," stuffing sausage and eggs in her mouth to underline her eloquent notion.

Comissar
2016-09-26, 10:09 AM
Setting her unusual drink down, Aeleren smiles at the turn the talk at the table has taken. "I never really thought about what Common was like as a language. I mean, my parents made sure I learned Gnomish, but we only ever really spoke Common around the house." She gives a light shrug, followed by a smile and "Oh! Thankyou!" as their food is delivered.

She tilts her head at Sonya, "Doesn't that make you feel a bit sad, though? About your world ending, I mean. I know everything comes to an end sooner or later, but I don't think I've met anyone who's so unconcerned about it all."

Ridai
2016-09-26, 12:37 PM
Sonya smiles in return, in a more calm manner, speaking between eating and drinking. "I don't know how others who survived their world ending handled it, but we had the advantage of knowing that it would come, as did our ancestors centuries ago. We knew we were born into a dying world and that we would make ourselves the best we could be, both in the eyes of our gods and in our own, so that when we find our way into the halls our of Lords and Ladies, we walk with our head held up high, take our place at their table, and tell our stories, whether in life or death. So in truth, what is most important to me about my world, namely my people, are not gone, same with the tales and the memories from before my world was a frozen battlefield. One day, I'll find my way to my Lady Freyja's hall and meet them again over a tankard of mead, or a thousand." Her smile grows a bit wider, mischief in her eyes. "And until then, I'll be collecting a great many more stories and memories to entertain my people with. It's like an extra reward on top of the journey I am already on." With that, Sonya dips a sausage in the soup, takes a bite, and spoons soup right after. "Damn this is good!"

Hazuki
2016-09-26, 05:29 PM
Nightly, who's been slowly consuming her stew through this last bout of conversation, idly stirs the bowl with her spoon. "What will happen with the people you meet here, once you head to Freyja's domain?" She asks. "If you become attached to somebody, will they get to go with you? If they do, will they be able to meet the other people they've met, who might have gone to other afterlives? Are there other, known afterlives where you're from?"

Ridai
2016-09-27, 01:39 AM
Swallowing one of the eggs, Sonya points to Nightly with her spoon. "Good questions! The thing is that we do not know everything, especially when it comes to other worlds. We did not travel the planes, at most we know of tales about some of us getting to travel to the realms above and below Midgard, our world. So when it comes to other people coming with me, the answer is a definitive: maybe. That is a bridge I will need to cross when I get there. As for the afterlives, we knew there was contact between our gods and their followers, even if visiting from Asgard to Midgard to Helheim took some doing, but we aren't averse to challenges." Sonya draws three horizontal lines in the air with her hand, going lower with each one to represent the alignment of the realms. "However, the gods had left our world some time ago in anticipation of the end of the world, as was foretold, so their halls may no longer be in Asgard or Helheim. That is another unknown to us, because it simply didn't matter to us. Perhaps they are in an entirely new world now. Perhaps they have, in a way, migrated into this Great Wheel and have become part of it, just like I was more or less shunted here. From what I could gather so far, the Great Wheel is a whole lot bigger than the World Tree that connected the realms of my homeworld. Whole lot of infinities and layers and places in the middle of infinities and infinite layers somehow circling back to themselves and all that. There is only one way to find out, and that is by travelling more."

Hazuki
2016-09-27, 05:23 AM
Nightly made an interested noise as she swallowed a mouthful of her stew and absorbed Sonya's knowledge. "You mentioned that there were three afterlives, now moved. To which of these did the elves of your home travel?"

Ridai
2016-09-27, 05:51 AM
"Two afterlives, more or less, one above, one below. As for alfar, same as everyone else, either going to Helheim or the halls of the gods, most commonly Freyr's, as the lord of Alfheim, the home of the alfar. Fun fact: some alfar took issue with being called elves, feeling like the word is like a bastardization of their noble name. However, those fellows also refused to call us human instead of their alfar equivalent, so, eh, people are people, pointy ears or no." Sonya shrugs, finishing her plate by wrapping the last bit of sausage in the last egg and eating the whole thing. Onwards to the rest of her soup.

"So, what's it like for you people?" She asks both Aeleren and Nightly. "I hear there's the whole good-evil-law-chaos thing and your soul gets filed into the appropiate afterlife based on that?"

Comissar
2016-09-27, 08:20 AM
Aeleren looks down at her food, pushing it around as she frowned in thought. "... There's a lot of different afterlives... You'd need to talk to a priest really to learn about all of them, but basically it all depends on how you are during your life. Be a good person, get a good afterlife. Be a bad person, you don't." She shrugs, "You don't really know for sure what's going to happen until the end, though. I mean, you can hope, but..." She shrugs again.

Hazuki
2016-09-27, 12:46 PM
"I'd like to have a word with whoever came up with that system." Nightly scowls, as she puts her spoon down. "If you're bad, you get surrounded by other bad people, ruled by an exceptionally bad person, so you end up with a collection of even worse people. You'd think Gods would understand the definition of 'redemption'. Or 'not having hordes of demons throw themselves at your domain'."

Ridai
2016-09-27, 01:25 PM
"Maybe we'll find 'em and have a chat, who knows?" Sonya suggests with the slightest bit of cheek, swallowing the rest of her soup afterwards. "I don't know about you girls, but I'm ready to start the day."

Comissar
2016-09-27, 04:18 PM
Aeleren smiles at Sonya's suggestion, "I think gods have better things to do with their time than field questions from mortals."

She glances down at her own half-eaten dish when Sonya suggests moving on. She considers trying to wolf down what's left, but finds the prospect unappealing. "Yeah... Ok, I'm ready to go when you two are."

Ridai
2016-09-27, 04:22 PM
The warrior casts a faux-stern look across the table. "Oh come on, now, I don't screw friends out of food and drink! You finish your meal at your own pace, then we can go explore."

Comissar
2016-09-27, 04:33 PM
Aeleren grins at Sonya's mock serious look. "Heh, I won't keep you waiting too much longer, I promise."

Making good on her promise, she starts to dig back into her food, forging ahead through the provided portion.

Hazuki
2016-09-28, 11:50 AM
Nightly, briefly glancing at the hungry hungry halfling gnome, removes her cherry on a stick from her cup of water and bites its head off.

Comissar
2016-09-28, 05:53 PM
Aeleren finishes up her meal, savouring the last of it before finally pushing her dish away. Beaming at the other two, she said "Ok, now I'm ready to go."

Ridai
2016-09-29, 10:05 AM
"Right then!" Sonya gets up from her seat and heads for the exit, waving Tena goodbye as she goes. Once outside, she says "First things first: snazzy masks! There's gotta be shops for stuff like that somewhere 'round here." When in doubt, there's the Merchant's Quarter. It has Merchant in the title, there's gotta be merchants!

Hazuki
2016-09-29, 10:14 AM
Nightly rises from her seat and departs the inn with a swooping stride. "Perhaps a seamstress." She remarks, as Sonya makes her enthusiasm for finding sleepwear clear. "Assuming they haven't all been worked to the bone by nobles commissioning countless corsets for the festival."

Ridai
2016-09-29, 10:23 AM
"Good business in making fat nobles feel too fat and lie to themselves at the same time, though. Self-punishment seems to be a thing of higher circles. Can't otherwise explain why they'd want to wear something that squeezes their innards together like they want to become a living sausage."

Comissar
2016-09-29, 04:00 PM
Aeleren follows the pair out of the inn, stretching her arms above her head as she did. "Mmm... Well, I like the look of corsets." She tilts her head, conceding "Probably not those awful super tight ones, just, y'know, something that gives a little shape?" She waves her hands around her own waist to emphasise her point.

She smiles up at the other two, "There's probably a stall somewhere in the markets selling the masks, too. Might even be cheaper than the shops?"

Hazuki
2016-09-29, 09:47 PM
"At least it distracts them from other-punishment." Nightly comments on Sonya's words, then raises an eyebrow at Aeleren. "You can get the same effect with a length of rope. And a diet." She considers her words regarding finding a market, and, apparently finding them wanting, strides up to the nearest guard. "You don't seem to be doing much. Where can we find sleep mask?"

Comissar
2016-09-30, 09:38 AM
Aeleren raises an eyebrow at Nightly's comment, "Are you saying I need to go on a diet?" Before she can get a reply, the Drow is already talking to the town guard. Instead, she looks up at Sonya and pulls a face, "Give it to me straight, do I eat too much?"

Ridai
2016-09-30, 11:23 AM
"You eat like a healthy human child, so I guess no?" Sonya shrugs.

Comissar
2016-09-30, 05:58 PM
Aeleren grins, playfully nudging Sonya with her elbow, "That's a relief then, I was worried Nightly was expecting me to follow after you with muscle building."

Ridai
2016-10-01, 11:01 AM
"Only if you want to do my brand of magic that usually involves hitting things." Sonya grins. "Or are you interested in working out for other purposes? Lots of ways to do it, doesn't need to involve weights and long routines."

Comissar
2016-10-01, 06:25 PM
Aeleren grins, "Not that interested in working out, I was just messing around." She glances down at herself, then back up at Sonya, "Like I said, I don't think I've really got the build to be doing any fancy stuff."

Ridai
2016-10-01, 06:37 PM
A knowing chuckle is the first response, followed by "Oh, how often I have heard that. You'd be amazed what the average fellow can achieve with just a little effort. But fair enough."

Comissar
2016-10-02, 06:22 PM
"Pffttt, you say a little effort," Aeleren grins, "But I've seen what it can take, and I'd just as soon give it all a miss."

She turns her attention to the guard, idly wondering if he actually would know somewhere to pick up a mask for Nightly or not.

Morcleon
2016-10-02, 08:13 PM
Absalom
1st of Abadius, 4711 AR

"Thank you! Have a nice day!" Tena calls out and waves to you three, collecting your plates as you leave.

The guard in question glares slightly at Nightly and gestures over to the east. "Yeah, the marketplace has some festival masks near the eastern entrance. And there's a large clothing shop by the fountain that might have some masks."

Hazuki
2016-10-02, 08:29 PM
"Thank you. May your next...hour or so be pleasant." Nightly taps her staff on the ground and pictures one of the ever-so-fashionable higher-class people of Absalom. The guard will find that their cloak, and hence they, smell like whatever pleasant perfume is popular.

To make the guard smell wonderful. Going by Cloak of Resistance, cloaks generally weigh one pound. Who knew?

"There's a purveyor of clothes by the fountain, and festival masks by the East entrance." She reports. "The fountain sounds better. Fewer pickpockets."

Ridai
2016-10-03, 09:22 AM
"In if there still are pickpockets, there is a fountain to dump them into." With that, Sonya heads towards said fountain where masks live.

Hazuki
2016-10-03, 10:12 AM
And Nightly follows.

Comissar
2016-10-04, 02:34 PM
Aeleren grins, "Sounds good!"

As she walks, Aleren does indeed rest a hand on her coin purse, idly glancing around to make sure nobody tried to part her from her money.

Aeleren's taking 10 on Perception to take note of anyone getting close enough to try pickpocketting :smalltongue:

Morcleon
2016-10-08, 03:10 PM
Absalom
1st of Abadius, 4711 AR

"You're... welcome?" The guard appears slightly confused by Nightly's farewell, but seems to enjoy the pleasant scents of wildflowers surrounding him.

The market area near the fountain is tightly packed with festival goers and it's a rather slow process of pushing through the crowds. However, as you reach the fountains, the large sign proclaiming THE MITHRAL EMPORIUM is clearly visible. In the shop windows are a dazzling array of outfits both mundane and high society. As you enter, a rotund gnome with a ridiculously gaudy hat appears in front of you. "Ah, welcome, welcome, ladies! What brings you to our fine store?"

Considering the crowd, there are many people close enough, but none appear to have taken anything from you.

Hazuki
2016-10-08, 04:59 PM
Nightly looks down at the gnome, focusing on his hat, then to her friends. "I thought our goal was to avoid eye-searing."

Comissar
2016-10-08, 06:18 PM
Aeleren grins broadly at her fellow Gnome, offering him a bob of the head in greeting. She turns to look at Nightly as she makes her comment, raising her eyebrows in surprise. "Come on, play nice! That's the best hat I've seen in quite some time!" She turns back to the merchant, "Don't mind her, she doesn't know greatness when she sees it. We were hoping to pick up some eye-masks? For sleeping?"

Ridai
2016-10-09, 08:57 AM
Since Aeleren has outlined what they are looking for nicely already, Sonya looks around, wearing a Cheshire grin because of the outfits she is seeing (and how ridiculous(ly uncomfortable/impractical) some of them look).

Hazuki
2016-10-12, 09:14 PM
Nightly surreptitiously steps a little closer to Aeleren with her staff-holding hand, comparing the height of both gnomes to its length.

Morcleon
2016-10-14, 02:05 PM
Absalom
1st of Abadius, 4711 AR

"Ah, thank you, thank you! I made it myself." The hatted gnome laughs good-naturedly and heads off to the left, beckoning you to follow. He is slightly shorter than Aeleren, perhaps by an inch or two. "And certainly! We have a wide selection of colors for you to choose from. Which one of you fine young ladies will be getting one then? Or perhaps each of you want one?"

Hazuki
2016-10-15, 11:19 PM
"The purpose of the mask is to blind me." Nightly states, coolly. "What does it matter what color it is?"

Comissar
2016-10-16, 02:38 AM
Aeleren rolls her eyes, nudging Nightly with her elbow, "Just pick one you like the colour of. Not everything's about function."

She walks over to the display, clasping her hands behind her back as she looks though the options on display. After a thorough examination, she pulls out a dark green one, turning it over in her hands. Looking up at the merchant with a smile, she says "I think I'll take this one for myself!"

Ridai
2016-10-16, 08:55 AM
"I'm good. The masks are for protecting the girls from my morning antics," Sonya replies happily.

Hazuki
2016-10-16, 09:54 AM
Nightly nods in agreement with Sonya and moves over to one of the red eyemasks. She doesn't touch it yet, just examines it where it sits.

Taking 10 for 21.

Morcleon
2016-10-16, 03:30 PM
Absalom
1st of Abadius, 4711 AR

"Your friend is right. While the color doesn't matter when it's in use, that aspect of the mask really stands out when it's not in use." The shopkeeper grins back at Aeleren. "Ah, that's a good choice! Matches your necklace nicely."

"And... morning antics?" He raises an eyebrow in confusion. "I'm afraid I don't follow."

The eyemasks are 2 gp each.
You notice that a tall male elf with unnaturally pale skin and hair wearing a long coat with boots and gloves seems to have been following you around the store for a while, though keeping his distance.You notice that the pale skin appears to be makeup.

Ridai
2016-10-16, 04:24 PM
"Meaning I rise early and let the sun in." Once the gnome turns to one of her companions, Sonya nudges the other, muttering "Oy, drow admirer in disguise over there."

Hazuki
2016-10-16, 04:50 PM
Nightly is about to step away from the mask when Sonya whispers to her, and she nods, then takes the mask and brings it to the Gnome. "I would like this. I expect the price is somewhere in the range of four gold pieces for both?"

Comissar
2016-10-16, 05:23 PM
Aeleren's grin broadens at the shopkeeper's compliment, "Yeah, thanks! Though I don't think I'll be wearing both at the same time too often." She nods at Sonya's explanation, "Yup, not always ready for it, so hopefully the masks will help!"

She glances up at her two companions as Sonya starts to whisper, frowning as she briefly glanced behind her. Noticing the same elf still nearby, she wondered if that might be the cause of the sudden slip into subtlety.

Morcleon
2016-10-31, 01:40 AM
Absalom
1st of Abadius, 4711 AR

"Indeed they are!" The shopkeeper looks mildly impressed at Nightly's correct estimate and holds out his hand for the money. He chuckles and nods to Sonya. "Ah, I see! Not morning folk, your friends?"

The elven stalker doesn't appear to notice that you've noticed him.

Comissar
2016-10-31, 02:39 AM
Aeleren smirks, rolling her eyes, "Depends on if you class 'opening the curtains at the crack of dawn' as 'morning person' activities."

Ridai
2016-10-31, 04:21 AM
"I do!" Sonya cheekily clarifies, before adding "You people have no idea how good you have it with the mornings you get here."

Hazuki
2016-10-31, 07:00 AM
Nightly impatiently taps her fingers on her staff, as the so-called banter continues. The idea is to get out as quickly as possible and away from the random passers-by!

Ridai
2016-10-31, 08:00 AM
"And that's the sound of wanting to continue sightseeing," Sonya quips. Once the transaction is done, she wishes the gnome a nice day and strolls out of the shop.

Comissar
2016-10-31, 08:31 AM
Aeleren glances up at Sonya and shrugs, before offering the merchant another broad smile, "Thanks again, have a good day!"

Following after the Human woman, she twirls her newly acquired mask on her finger a couple of times before secreting it away in her pack. "So..." She threw a casual glance backward as they left, a faint frown on her face as she tried to determine if the Elf really was tailing them, "You guys ok?"

Hazuki
2016-10-31, 08:55 AM
"No. I left my non-decoy coinpurse in our room." Nightly replies, half-turning to the Gnome. "I'd rather it not be thieved on the day thousands of foreigners have rented rooms and will be absent from them all day. If the thieves of Absalom aren't taking advantage of that, I'd be disappointed." She lies. She mostly just wants somewhere private to talk, but she can't very well say that while they might be being eavesdropped upon.

Morcleon
2016-11-01, 11:28 PM
Absalom
1st of Abadius, 4711 AR

"Thank you for your business!" The shopkeeper waves to you as you leave with your newly bought sleep masks. He seems very happy at the sale.

The elf stalker, on the other hand, follows you at a distance, clearly attempting to keep his distance while severely underestimating your skills of perception.

Hazuki
2016-11-02, 07:44 AM
"Let's go collect it, shall we?" Nightly asks her friends, then starts striding back to the inn.

Ridai
2016-11-02, 10:13 AM
"Mhm," Sonya agrees, sauntering back to the inn.

Comissar
2016-11-02, 07:01 PM
Aeleren ambles after the other two, "I'll remind you to pick it up tomorrow, keep this from happening again."

She repressed the urge to glance over her shoulder again, trying not to let on that she knew about their shadow.