PDA

View Full Version : Rumplestilzken idea

clash
2016-09-07, 10:56 AM
I made archetype with the idea of Rumpelstiltskin from the Once Upon a time series in mind. Let me know what you think, if it balanced. Also I could use some help filling out the potions/ingredients. I wanted the ingredients to really promote roll-playing and contract making.

Contractor Patron
1: Contract - You can make a contract binding for anyone who signs it willingly. The contract is between you and a willing participant. Once you have fulfilled your part of the contract as written (loopholes apply), or a designated time or event in the contract occurs the other contract signer is compelled to complete their end of the contract to the best of their ability. Once you have used this ability you must complete a long or short rest to use it again.
6: Silver tongue - You gain proficiency in Charisma(Deception) and Charisma(Persuasion) skills. If you are already proficient you add twice your proficiency bonus.
10: Potions expert - You learn how to mix potions that can solve nearly any problem provided you have the right ingredients. Once you have made a potion you must complete a long or short rest before using this ability again. Below is a list of potions and their required ingredients. If you want to make a potion other than these ask your dm for an ingredients list.
14: Contract termination - You can terminate a contract you have made so long as you have completed your end of the bargain and the other party has not. If you do so you take 2d10 physic dmg and the other contract signer must make a constitution save. On a failed save they are immediately reduced to 0hp. On a successful save they still take 10d10 physic damage as they reel in pain from the termination. Once you have used this ability you cannot do so again until you finish a long rest.

Potions:
Potion of Seeking:
Ingredients: A piece of an object or item belonging to a person. Dust from a travelers shoe. A coin won at a game of chance.
By sprinkling the potion on the piece of the object you are seeking or on the belonging of the person you seek, then on the coin, the coin hovers 5ft in front of you leading you on a path to the person or object you seek.

Potion of Spell immunity:
Ingredients: The hairs of someone who suffered the effects of the spell. Other ingredients.
By drinking a potion of spell immunity you become immune to the effects of a single designated spell for the next 8 hours.

Potion of Damage immunity:

Potion of Recall:

Potion of Knowing:

Potion of Forgetting:
Ingredients: The tears of a stranger. Other ingredients.

DragonSorcererX
2016-09-07, 09:26 PM
I don't think Rumpelstiltskin is an archetype, he is a generic OuaT spellcaster with an artifact (Dark One Dagger), and the Dark One Dagger probably works as a +3 wand with some charges to cast some spells like Teleport. (I watched all the seasons and Wonderland, I know that these are not the only things the Dagger does)

clash
2016-09-08, 10:02 AM
I don't think Rumpelstiltskin is an archetype, he is a generic OuaT spellcaster with an artifact (Dark One Dagger), and the Dark One Dagger probably works as a +3 wand with some charges to cast some spells like Teleport. (I watched all the seasons and Wonderland, I know that these are not the only things the Dagger does)

I feel like that would work for an npc but not if someone wanted to play it as a pc. This archetype was made with that in mind.

Lord_Jord
2016-09-08, 10:44 PM
NPCs dont need archtypes... They are not a player class. Instead, give it stats and rules behind its abilities that fit within the d20 system. For instance, signing the contract might require a DC (Depenant on your PCs level) Wisdom or Cha Save, depending on whether he is coaxing or Dominating the target to fulfull the agreement.

clash
2016-09-09, 11:07 AM
Sorry I feel like I wasnt clear. This is designed to allow a player to play a character based on the idea of Rumpelstiltskin.