PDA

View Full Version : Magic Item Speacific

Sornjss Lichdom
2007-07-07, 11:50 PM
For those who have read WotSQ.

I was wondering what Phaerun's ring was, the one that let him summon a rapier?

I was wondering if anybody had the stats of that ring or new how to make that type of ring bc I was wanting to make one for my char.

I thought it would be cool to hav a silver/gold ring that had two bands (made of there respective materials S/G) intertwinded, and when summoned they made two daggers apear like the rapier in WotSQ.

TY in advance.

crazedloon
2007-07-08, 12:15 AM
Gauntlet of Infinite blades allows you to make daggers that last 3 rounds as a swift action plus a few other special abilities 6500 gp check out the magic Item compendium. (I also think there is a ring or the like in there that does the same as what you want let me take a look)

Sornjss Lichdom
2007-07-08, 12:17 AM
cool thanks, that actualy will be my next purchase. My char just got to the lvl were magic items are both afordable and able to create.

Sornjss Lichdom
2007-07-08, 12:35 AM
Ive found two or three spells, that might work well with this type of ring. Mage's Sword, Sword of Deception, Sword of Darkness, and Blake Blade of Deisaster.

Now My char has barred schools of evoc and ench, so the only way i can get the first two is to use shadow conjuration of some sort, which im not past doing, the other two are jsut high lvl, and really powerful.

ok wat about this, i use major creation to create a short sword or somthing then also use magic fang to give it a bonus. those two spells should make a sword that has a +1 bonus, i dont think it will make a master work item though.

Sornjss Lichdom
2007-07-08, 08:24 PM
For those who have read WotSQ.

I was wondering what Phaerun's ring was, the one that let him summon a rapier?

I was wondering if anybody had the stats of that ring or new how to make that type of ring bc I was wanting to make one for my char.

I thought it would be cool to hav a silver/gold ring that had two bands (made of there respective materials S/G) intertwinded, and when summoned they made two daggers apear like the rapier in WotSQ.

Ive found two or three spells, that might work well with this type of ring. Mage's Sword, Sword of Deception, Sword of Darkness, and Blake Blade of Deisaster.

Now My char has barred schools of evoc and ench, so the only way i can get the first two is to use shadow conjuration of some sort, which im not past doing, the other two are jsut high lvl, and really powerful.

One more Idea, i use major creation to create a short sword or somthing then also use magic fang to give it a bonus. those two spells should make a sword that has a +1 bonus, i dont think it will make a master work item though.

Arbitrarity
2007-07-08, 09:03 PM
Ring, summons rapier?

Make it cost really low, actually. Maybe 250-1000 gp + weapon cost. The sole advantage is that it's easier to sneak a ring around, compared to a sword. Balance-wise, it means little.

Actually, it could cost even less.

LoopyZebra
2007-07-08, 09:25 PM
Ring, summons rapier?

Not exactly. For those who haven't read the books, the rapier is animated and fights on it's own. I also believe it's magical.

Arbitrarity
2007-07-08, 09:29 PM
Ring, summons dancing rapier +x?

Meh, include that in cost. Or duplicate one of the various weapon like spells.

Or, for that matter, use Steeldance.

Bassetking
2007-07-08, 09:42 PM
Not exactly. For those who haven't read the books, the rapier is animated and fights on it's own. I also believe it's magical.

Easily, EASILY done, then. It's a ring of At Use Spiritual Weapon.

Caster Level 3 x Spell level 2 x 2,000 gp = 10,000gp item.

Doubled for two daggers.

Sornjss Lichdom
2007-07-08, 09:46 PM
Cool, so wat spell should i use above for the ring though.

i meen if i were to use one of those spells.

Bassetking
2007-07-08, 10:37 PM
Cool, so wat spell should i use above for the ring though.

i meen if i were to use one of those spells.

You use the Second level Cleric Spell Spiritual Weapon

For your two Daggers, you're using two instances of the spell, with a third level cleric as the first and cheapest point to create. An At-use item of the described parameters there would cost you 20,000 gp.

Funkyodor
2007-07-09, 03:28 AM
You could try changing a Glove of Storing into a Ring of Storing. Then just put the magic weapons inside.

Swooper
2007-07-09, 05:53 AM
I once made a custom type of magic item enchantment called "Ringblade". When found, they're in the form of a ring. When the command word is spoken (free action), the weapon appears in your hand. Thus, you could have a +2 Flaming Ringblade Longsword. I believe I set the enchantment at +1 market price value.

Ikkitosen
2007-07-09, 06:20 AM
You could stat the rapier as an animated object and calculate base cost as if it were an item of summon monster i at will, where i is based off the CR of the animated object as compared to the standard summon lists.

Sornjss Lichdom
2007-07-09, 08:50 AM
OK and some people need to read war of the spider queen.

the rapier isnt just summoned, it fights for the mage while not being wielded.

Arbitrarity
2007-07-09, 10:20 AM
That's how Dancing weapons, and spiritual weapons work. Not to mention the other blade summoning spells.

Ikkitosen
2007-07-09, 10:29 AM
OK and some people need to read war of the spider queen.

This I have to disagree with. I have all of the books, and they suck ass. Seriously, 6 different authors who clearly haven't even read Salvatore's older menzoberranzan-based books or have gone for some kind of 3.X edition downgrade of the material at the cost of continuity.

Terrible terrible writing, the only saving grace for the likes of us being that they read like a D&D adventure in parts. And there are occasional drow breasts, for those who like their fantasy a bit more titillating.

*SO* bad. But they look pretty on my bookshelf.

Roland St. Jude
2007-07-09, 09:58 PM
Sheriff: I have merged two duplicate threads. Wierdness probably occured.

Sornjss Lichdom
2007-07-11, 03:35 PM
Hey I didnt say they were worht reading meraly that they need to know what im talking about. ab-be-da.

and ill probly just do shadow conjuration/mage sword, any idea wat sword i should use. bastard sword, long sword, scimbatar, rapier?

Matthew
2007-07-11, 08:56 PM
Any of the above is probably fine. Bastard Sword gets my vote today.