PDA

View Full Version : Private Message From Aslan4000

An Enemy Spy
2016-09-07, 03:41 PM
I've been getting these PMs from what I assume is a bot named Aslan4000. The message is titled Congragulations_Welcome, and the message reads
"Enjoy the link below,
Fantastic -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmr4poUVEGc

Skype Num : sky73688"
Has anybody else been getting this?

snowblizz
2016-09-07, 03:50 PM
Yup. Came here to see what the mods said about how to report spammer PMs actually.

Jasdoif
2016-09-07, 04:15 PM
Yup. Came here to see what the mods said about how to report spammer PMs actually.PMs have the same "report post" button that forum posts do.

snowblizz
2016-09-07, 05:19 PM
Saw that mentioned and it finally clicked, and is now reported.

SMEE
2016-09-07, 05:33 PM
Keep reporting them as it happens.
Sometimes they message us mods right away and we can stop them quickly, but this one took a while to message one of us.

Bartmanhomer
2016-09-08, 10:17 PM
I'be been getting the same thing. I reported and deleted.

Fawkes
2016-09-10, 10:38 PM
I've gotten three of them in the last day or so.

Rockphed
2016-09-10, 10:57 PM
I've gotten three of them in the last day or so.

Report using the report button and move on. Posting about it here just makes more work for the Mods. Also, I'm pretty sure they don't look at people's PM box unless the contents are reported. I think they could look at your PM box, they just don't.

Rawhide
2016-09-11, 12:32 AM
Report using the report button and move on. Posting about it here just makes more work for the Mods. Also, I'm pretty sure they don't look at people's PM box unless the contents are reported. I think they could look at your PM box, they just don't.

This. Pretty much.

While it is possible to view your private messages, only The Giant and myself have that capability and we won't without your permission or a very good reason (e.g. legal). Prior to the implementation of reports for PMs, we would always ask you for permission to confirm your claims by searching your PMs to find the one(s) in question. But now, the report button for PMs suffices in most cases.