PDA

View Full Version : Background Music

kpenguin
2007-07-08, 06:07 AM
What song or track do you hear or you say you hear because it fits during certain parts during OOTS? Personally, I sometimes imagine Xykon having a small band of goblins playing the Imperial Death march wherever he goes.

blue_fenix
2007-07-13, 06:26 PM
The only time I really hear music in OoTS is when Elan is actually singing. If we were to assign some theme songs, though, imperial march for xykon is a good place to start.

mockingbyrd7
2007-07-13, 07:39 PM
"I Need A Hero" works for 386-400. (Albeit having to replay it a few times.)
"Breakaway" by Kelly Clarkson fits for strip 400.
Anything by Trans-Siberian Orchestra works really well for Vaarsuvius (particularly "Wizards in Winter")
"Hocus Pocus" by Focus seems to fit okay for strip 200.
"Name" by The Goo Goo Dolls is perfect for strip 472 (and possibly any strip with Kazumi and Daigo).

basilisk 89
2007-07-15, 10:02 PM
The Pink Panther theme, especially whenever anyone fails a Spot check.

Bocc Kob
2007-07-15, 10:20 PM
Benny Hill theme anytime OOTS flee supposed danger.

NeonRonin
2007-07-15, 10:31 PM
First time I envisioned the Benny Hill theme was back at the Dungeon of Dorukan, Roy vs. Nale:

:roy: I've been suppressing the urge to beat the crap out of someone who looks exactly like you for a long, long time.

:nale: :smalleek:

Cue the music.

There's a good deal of anime music that would apply to the Azure City siege. The soundtracks to Akira and also GitS: Stand Alone Complex have some good fast-paced combat music as well as suspense tunes.

Xykon and the Imperial Death March? Welllll..... maybe if the goblin marching band was playing it on kazoos. But that's my opinion.

I do recall a song from the Bubblegum Crisis OAVs called "Mad Machine", very gritty, hard-boiled kind of music... might make a good Miko themesong.

Can't think of any others at the moment. Need more sleep.

MReav
2007-07-15, 10:33 PM
When Miko comes across Shojo's "plot"... 99 Red Balloons.
Ghost Martyrs of the Sapphire Guard arrive: Frog's Theme from Chrono Trigger.

NeonRonin
2007-07-15, 10:38 PM
I almost forgot.

:belkar: His theme, without a doubt... Break Stuff by Limp Bizkit. Blaring at max volume during the mass hobgoblin slaughter.

Bocc Kob
2007-07-15, 10:51 PM
I dunno, I think something by GWAR would be a better fit for Belkar-related atrocities.