PDA

View Full Version : Lien's NOT Hyperbole [No Spoilers, purely fun]

Rinquist
2007-07-08, 06:38 AM
So in 473, Lien guaranteed that her statement was not a hyperbole, but if you look closely, it's possible that it could have been an onomatopoeia! Of course, only if you agree that "splortch!" is the correct sound effect that occurs when you gut and clean a fish...

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-07-08, 07:28 AM
Nah, that's Rich's generic "stab into flesh" sound effect.

Belkar has the same sound effect when he "helps" the hobgoblin priest:
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0445.html

Still, gotta love a 2 for 1 special! Especially hobgoblin fillet! High in protein, low in fats!

factotum
2007-07-08, 07:31 AM
Ah, but if you're on Atkins you can eat as many hobgoblins as you like anyway, so long as you don't have any bread. :smallbiggrin:

kpenguin
2007-07-08, 08:27 AM
I prefer shplurtch to splortch, but its a matter of personal taste.

Alysar
2007-07-08, 09:01 AM
When she isn't able to pull out her spear when the two goblins fall over, why doesn't she pick up the sword that the one goblin dropped? (Yeah, the one that disappeared mysteriously)

dish
2007-07-08, 09:05 AM
When she isn't able to pull out her spear when the two goblins fall over, why doesn't she pick up the sword that the one goblin dropped? (Yeah, the one that disappeared mysteriously)

Maybe it bounced over the post and fell into the sea on the other side of the jetty?
[/far-fetched explanations]

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-07-08, 09:10 AM

When it fell, it bounced into Hammerspace. Besides, if she had ducked down to grab it, she would have provoked an Attack of Opportunity.

Regneva
2007-07-08, 09:47 AM
Between disgusting sound effects and thoughts on hobgoblin consumption, my habit of reading entire threads before replying almost made me lose my breakfast. :smallfrown:

And now I don't remember what I was about to say... :smallannoyed:

Demented
2007-07-08, 03:04 PM
Hobgoblin doesn't seem so bad... So long as you cook it.

Hobgoblin, the other orange meat? (Salmon!)

Tmabbbb
2007-07-08, 04:03 PM
Ah, but if you're on Atkins you can eat as many hobgoblins as you like anyway, so long as you don't have any bread. :smallbiggrin:

That can't be good for you in the long run.

Corwin Weber
2007-07-09, 12:04 AM
Hobgoblin doesn't seem so bad... So long as you cook it.

Hobgoblin, the other orange meat? (Salmon!)

Dude, you're cooking your salmon way too long I think.....

(But then salmon is one of the only meats I'll eat raw... sooooo.....)

David Argall
2007-07-09, 02:42 AM

The sword[s] was disintegrated by the spell "dramatic picture sequence".

Besides, she would have suffered some AoOs picking it up.