PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Lvl 3 Gestalt Help

DragonsAion
2016-09-08, 09:21 PM
Trying to get the best out of a Claw base gestalt build.

I'm using a Lupinal Guardinal (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=0rcfevle9hg15od9hnpq81ett0&topic=8769.0) as the base race and for lvls 1-5 for one side of the build before going Fighter for lvls 6-20. On the other side I'm going Psychic Warrior 1-20. My starting ability scores are: STR: 14, DEX: 14, CON: 14, INT: 10, WIS: 16, CHA: 10. Below are the feats I am thinking of taking and for the moment they are in no real order. We are also using traits and flaws with a max of two each.

FEAT List:
Weapon Focus
Weapon Specialization
Greater Weapon Focus
Greater Weapon Specialization
Power Attack
Cleave
Great Cleave
improved Toughness
snap kick
Improved Natural Attack
Multiattack
Improved Multiattack
Blind-Fight
Improved Unarmed Strike
Superior Unarmed Strike
beast strike
Versatile Unarmed Strike
Deflect Arrows
Snatch Arrows
Psionic Fist
Greater Psionic Fist
Unavoidable Strike
Psionic Meditation
Psionic Body

I was also thinking of using Touch of Golden Ice if I had room for it.

ZamielVanWeber
2016-09-08, 10:34 PM
On Touch of Golden Ice: it is not clear if it scales (supernatural ability so yes, but based off a "poison" with a static dc, so no). If it scales it can be quiet nice but is not worth the feat slot otherwise.

Weapon Focus+ line I only take for giggles or if I am doing something specific. Only melee weapon mastery is worth anything on its own and requires 2 awful feats to take.

Your HP should be fine enough Psionic Body is not needed.

Cleave and Great Cleave are just awful feats; I mean awful.

IUS/SUS are fun, especially since they can be easily upgraded with a necklace of natural attacks.

Power Attack is a classic, but it is meh with IUS. It really shines when combined with a two handed weapon.

DragonsAion
2016-09-08, 10:42 PM
I'll look into the feats a little more. I think with this build I have like 25(?) [2 flaws, 7 standard, 8 fighter, 8 psy warrior.] feat slots, so I'm not afraid of running out of them.

If anything I'm afraid of missing any good feats that may be out there.

fishyfishyfishy
2016-09-09, 08:04 AM
Even if it doesn't scale it's quite good if you get enough attacks. Enemies will fail a save eventually (natural 1).

Edit: Rapidstrike and the improved version will net you some additional attacks with those claws.

ExLibrisMortis
2016-09-09, 11:24 AM
You should do more with your psychic warrior manifesting, and concentrate less on getting maximum feats. Psychic warriors are great, but you're taking one feat that actually helps your manifesting (Psychic Meditation), which is strange, considering how many feats you're burning on fairly weak tricks, like Cleave.

Basically, drop all the fighter levels, and put in some totemist, two levels (unarmed) swordsage, maybe a level Shiba Protector, even Serenity paladin, if you want to be more wisdom-SAD. You're in a gestalt, so your basic power level is assured - psychic warrior is a nice tier 3. Get your dip-crazy hat on and fill those extra levels with sweet class abilities.