PDA

View Full Version : All of Skyrim v.s Skyhold (Dragon Age Inquisition)

ArlEammon
2016-09-08, 09:48 PM
Forsworn, Stormcloaks and Imperials vs Skyhold. I am looking forward to see the comments and verdict on who would win.

Forsworn have their Hagravens and Briar hearts. Imperials have battle mages. Stormcloaks have. . . Stormcloaks. lol. There's also Winterhold involved in this. I can only assume Skyhold holds a mild advantage over their enemies in magic, though.

kraftcheese
2016-09-16, 10:12 PM
Forsworn, Stormcloaks and Imperials vs Skyhold. I am looking forward to see the comments and verdict on who would win.

Forsworn have their Hagravens and Briar hearts. Imperials have battle mages. Stormcloaks have. . . Stormcloaks. lol. There's also Winterhold involved in this. I can only assume Skyhold holds a mild advantage over their enemies in magic, though.
Skyhold is one castle whereas Skyrim...is an entire country? I'm not even entirely sure what you're asking.

Mato
2016-09-17, 02:32 PM
So let me get this right.

The blue team will consist of one castle's worth of people.
The red team will consist of an entire country with ten cities, seven towns, like fifty other settlements, and expressly includes all the nomadic tribesmen.

And I'm supposed to think blue team has this made? Even if we cut down to just the Forsworn, their gear is better than dwarven steel, the shamen can cast spells, and every encampment has a leveled Briarheart for a full complement of elementally themed spells, bows, and dual-weapons and were programmed to be smart enough to run away from you shooting you in the face if all you had were melee weapons.

And what does blue team even have? The hold is customizable in DA:I, what upgrades does it have? Was a companion left behind? Who? Is falling damage turned off? Just asking the important questions here.

ArlEammon
2016-09-26, 03:55 PM
So let me get this right.

The blue team will consist of one castle's worth of people.
The red team will consist of an entire country with ten cities, seven towns, like fifty other settlements, and expressly includes all the nomadic tribesmen.

And I'm supposed to think blue team has this made? Even if we cut down to just the Forsworn, their gear is better than dwarven steel, the shamen can cast spells, and every encampment has a leveled Briarheart for a full complement of elementally themed spells, bows, and dual-weapons and were programmed to be smart enough to run away from you shooting you in the face if all you had were melee weapons.

And what does blue team even have? The hold is customizable in DA:I, what upgrades does it have? Was a companion left behind? Who? Is falling damage turned off? Just asking the important questions here.

No. Falling damage is not turned off. lol. This has the Templar faction but a Mage Circle upgrade, and the chargers so it has Iron Bull. It has the Inquisition forces, and all upgrades it can have, basically. So it's Templars can deal with troublesome mages. In it's defense, although Skyhold is only one area, it's as impressive as one of Skyrim's cities.

Keltest
2016-09-26, 10:28 PM
No. Falling damage is not turned off. lol. This has the Templar faction but a Mage Circle upgrade, and the chargers so it has Iron Bull. It has the Inquisition forces, and all upgrades it can have, basically. So it's Templars can deal with troublesome mages. In it's defense, although Skyhold is only one area, it's as impressive as one of Skyrim's cities.

Impressive from a graphical standpoint perhaps, but from a defensive standpoint, there simply aren't enough people in it to defend against an entire country attacking it. Without a significant mage force, Skyhold is basically stripped down to its mundane defenses, and the Stormcloaks and Imperials both have siege equipment that will be giving the defenders a really hard time. And lets not even get into the daedra that the Forsworn will be summoning and sending against Skyhold...

Cozzer
2016-09-27, 04:53 AM
Even assuming Skyhold can't be directly taken, Skyrim forces conquer all the land around it and starve the defenders.

The only way the Inquisition could win would be if they had enough access to and control of the Eluvian network to get a constant refill of supplies and forces from unspecified other locations. But that's a feat that nobody in the 'verse has managed to accomplish yet.

You really can't make a "castle vs country" battle balanced, unless you give the "castle" side a magical/technological advantage big enough.

khadgar567
2016-09-28, 03:07 AM
small balance point without dragon born skyrim is basicly bunch of bandit camps with own ambitions
with out inquisitor skyhold basicly more coercive version of skyrim so who leads what team is dragon born alive or he just packed his personal belongings to travel elsewhere
if remembered correctly inquisitor left kingdom in piece with no further in put needed( there is new divine and no conflict
so my money on skyhold reason more rational stage

Psyren
2016-10-01, 01:25 AM
I can only assume Skyhold holds a mild advantage over their enemies in magic, though.

What's this assumption based on? If anything, Dragon Age magic is weaker because it's so much harder to summon things in that system, so the sheer number of mages you've thrown at Skyhold by pitting them against an entire nation will win the day in the end.

kraftcheese
2016-10-01, 05:09 AM
I mean maybe if you were asking "Ferelden vs. Skyrim: who wins?" I'd find it easier to decide but the castle vs. country is too hard to do; it'd always be Skyrim, considering the amount of people that live there etc.

ArlEammon
2016-10-01, 11:51 AM
What's this assumption based on? If anything, Dragon Age magic is weaker because it's so much harder to summon things in that system, so the sheer number of mages you've thrown at Skyhold by pitting them against an entire nation will win the day in the end.

Well I mistyped.