PDA

View Full Version : Spell help.

Metahuman1
2016-09-09, 03:32 AM
I need some spells that would allow me to accomplish 2 goals.

1: Make sure that once I've killed a couple of NPC's, they can NOT be brought back. No re-incarnate, no True Resurrection, no nothing.

2: Allow me to hold onto there soul, with out having destroyed it, so that I can hand it over to someone/something else at a later date.

I might not actually need to follow through on this, I just need to be able to make a RAW supported threat of it in character in a game in a session or two.

Calthropstu
2016-09-09, 03:42 AM
Trap the soul.

Âmesang
2016-09-09, 03:44 AM
Soul bind and trap the soul are probably the two closest spells that can accomplish what you desire; for a bit of an alternative, stone to flesh and temporal stasis will at least ensure the targets will be out of the way.

Magic jar could also accomplish this, too… theoretically. It may have to be cast by an outsider (such as a shadow demon), since their body and soul form a single unit; thus, when the outsider enters the target's body, its soul and body both enter it… then when the effect is dispelled the outsider is unable to return to its body (because it never left its body to begin with), thus preventing the target's soul from leaving the magic jar, leaving it stuck there.

(Otherwise the reason shadow demons can trap souls via magic jar is because of plot. :smalltongue: Though considering that the focus is a gem worth 100 gp, and a soul in a receptacle can be bought for 200 gp via Book of Vile Darkness, p.45, that's as reasonable an explanation as I can currently come up with.)

Calthropstu
2016-09-09, 03:53 AM
Soul bind and trap the soul are probably the two closest spells that can accomplish what you desire; for a bit of an alternative, stone to flesh and temporal stasis will at least ensure the targets will be out of the way.

Magic jar could also accomplish this, too… theoretically. It may have to be cast by an outsider (such as a shadow demon), since their body and soul form a single unit; thus, when the outsider enters the target's body, its soul and body both enter it… then when the effect is dispelled the outsider is unable to return to its body (because it never left its body to begin with), thus preventing the target's soul from leaving the magic jar, leaving it stuck there.

(Otherwise the reason shadow demons can trap souls via magic jar is because of plot. :smalltongue: Though considering that the focus is a gem worth 100 gp, and a soul in a receptacle can be bought for 200 gp via Book of Vile Darkness, p.45, that's as reasonable an explanation as I can currently come up with.)

Nice, I didn't even think of flesh to stone. Much cheaper alternative.

Flesh to stone, shrink item, call it a day.

Sounds like the absolute best alternative. I do like the whole insidoousness to trap the soul though. No save, no sr just suck. You do have to give it an item it will take with its name carved into it, but it can be on the inside of a box.

TheFurith
2016-09-09, 10:54 AM
Not a spell, but there's a rare metal called Thinaun. From Complete Warrior. Soultraps anyone who is touching a weapon crafted from it when they die. So obviously killing somebody with it works, you just don't want to be holding onto it if you die.

It's some pricey stuff, but it's a thing, and it's reusable.