PDA

View Full Version : OOTS Books

DeusEx
2006-09-28, 04:59 AM
Hi, i'm getting paid next week, and I wanted to buy the OOTS books. However, I can only find the "No cure for the paladin blues" book.
Is the first one discontinued?

The Giant
2006-09-28, 05:48 AM
No, not discontinued, just "between printings". Right now, it's sold out and we're waiting for the printer to reprint it and get it back in our online store (and on bookstore shelves) by November. I hope.

Hazelnut
2006-09-28, 07:45 AM
Excellent news. I was about to ask the same question, since I'd like to get both books for christmas. ;D

Any idea when the third volume will be compiled and released?

Lastly, can I just say thanks for an excellent comic Giant!

EthanAlshire
2006-09-28, 08:09 AM
(and on bookstore shelves)

What bookstores? I wasn't aware they carried them.

Atanuero
2006-09-28, 09:34 PM
I got a vague reply whe nI asked about whether Barnes&Noble will ever have No Cure For paladin Blues, and was promised a copy around end August. Realizing something wasn't right, I didn't pursue the issue (the book wasn't out in August).

Brianish
2006-09-29, 12:02 AM
What bookstores? I wasn't aware they carried them.

I know of at least one specialty bookstore that carries them and I can only assume that the biggest Barnes and Noble and Borders stores probably have a copy or two lying around.

Eldhrin
2006-09-29, 04:16 AM
In the UK, Travelling Man (a gaming/comic shop) get them. And then they have to get them again, because they sell out fast.

Which reminds me, I need to go and talk to them about No Cure For The Paladin Blues.

Hazelnut: You know there's the two compilations and the wonderfully excellent prequel, right? That makes three books to get for Christmas!

Hazelnut
2006-09-29, 05:24 AM
Hey Eldhrin, thanks - I didn't realise there were now three books no. Last time I looked there were only two, but there were shipping issues and everything was up in the air so I left it.

Travelling Man you say? Sounds good since I'm in the UK! Been looking at their website and I can't find any reference to OotS at all. Not the best website in the world either. Can you give me a direct link?

Thanks,

Hazelnut

The Giant
2006-09-29, 11:58 PM
Generally, Barnes & Nobles is not going to have it. We're not selling to the mass market, though it is possible an individual B&N might special order it. Look for gaming/comic specialty shops to get the books. If you need to, go to your local game shop and bug them to order them!

Nazzo, the 102nd
2006-09-30, 01:51 AM
Ah, exxxxcellent. I hope there the guys at the online store provide a way to pre order, this time I don't want to miss them.

Archonic Energy
2006-09-30, 05:03 AM
Hey Eldhrin, thanks - I didn't realise there were now three books no. Last time I looked there were only two, but there were shipping issues and everything was up in the air so I left it.

Travelling Man you say? Sounds good since I'm in the UK! Been looking at their website and I can't find any reference to OotS at all. Not the best website in the world either. Can you give me a direct link?

Thanks,

Hazelnut
erm APE (http://www.apegames.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PLST) do deliver to the UK... just throwin' it out there...

RDarken
2006-09-30, 07:19 AM
Amazon has the first two books.

Well, the have On the Origins, and you can get Dungeon Crawlin' Fools through a vendor.

WoDHells
2006-10-02, 06:44 PM
I'd really like to get them too, but living in Argentina makes it quite difficult for me to get them..
:(

Is there any way I can get my hands on any of the books? (if not all)

Midnight Son
2006-10-02, 07:29 PM
I'd really like to get them too, but living in Argentina makes it quite difficult for me to get them..
:(

Is there any way I can get my hands on any of the books? (if not all)If you trust someone in the US, you could give them the money to buy it and ship it down to you. Buena suerte.

WoDHells
2006-10-02, 07:53 PM
Nay, even if I had someone I trusted living there, I wouldn't be so bold as to ask them to look for the book (which seems hard enough to find) and ship it to me..

Corp
2006-10-02, 08:25 PM
That's good to know as I've been debating getting the books as well. Since most of the game shops in Ottawa seem to focus on Warhammer think I'll wait for the online method. That way Giant can get money directly from me.

Hey...hey! Not now damn it! Get your hand out of my pocket!

:p

igesta
2006-10-03, 01:02 AM
Can anybody list down the title of the three books?

I only know the Paladin... something

N yeah, I'm planning to get all of em by end of this year.. I can't wait any longer!!!

Hazelnut
2006-10-05, 07:58 AM
erm APE (http://www.apegames.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PLST) do deliver to the UK... just throwin' it out there...

Yep - thanks for that. I will be orderin' as soon as they have been reprinted.

Giant, will you let us know if the re-print looks like it won't happen before christmas?

Jades
2006-10-05, 07:22 PM
Can anybody list down the title of the three books?

I only know the Paladin... something

N yeah, I'm planning to get all of em by end of this year.. I can't wait any longer!!!

Order of the Stick #0: On the Origin of PCs

Order of the Stick #1: Dungeon Crawlin' Fools

Order of the Stick #2: No Cure for the Paladin Blues

Hazelnut
2006-11-08, 12:37 PM
Great to see that 'On the Origin of PCs' is now for sale. Giant, any chance you can comment on whether 'Dungeon Crawlin' Fools' will be reprinted and for sale before christmas? I will be having them shipped to the UK, so I figure it would be a good idea to have them sent all at the same time.

Thanks.

Wirilome
2006-11-11, 04:44 PM
I discovered two month ago the order of the stick and I thought about buying the book but I'm in France. As somebody told they can be found on amazon.com, but not the first one... Is the first one reprinted now or not ?

Death, your friend the Reaper
2006-11-11, 11:20 PM
Amazon has the first two books.

Just look out for Llamas when crossing the river.

My local gaming store is a long drive away, but I am looking out for them with eagle eyes. I say a tour to W.A wouldn't go amiss as well :smalltongue:

88Gambit88
2006-11-13, 05:16 AM
um... me living in australia, whats the chance of finding any of the books in a book store? coz its like $80 - $100 to get them form the site shop and while i do think it would be worth it, id rather pay... less.

The Giant
2006-11-13, 07:24 AM
Giant, will you let us know if the re-print looks like it won't happen before christmas?

Not sure yet, but all sources point to NOT getting the reprint of Dungeon Crawlin' Fools done in time for Christmas. We basically blew all of our capital getting Origins and Paladin Blues reprinted, and we won't see any money back in from those until January. Still, stranger things have happened.

Hazelnut
2007-03-10, 06:14 PM
Not sure yet, but all sources point to NOT getting the reprint of Dungeon Crawlin' Fools done in time for Christmas. We basically blew all of our capital getting Origins and Paladin Blues reprinted, and we won't see any money back in from those until January. Still, stranger things have happened.

I got tired of waiting and ordered #0 and #2 from ape - I'll just have to pay a second lot of posting when #1 becomes available again... :D

silvadel
2007-03-10, 07:23 PM
This makes me wonder, why not barnes and nobles and/or borders? I think the strip is definitely good enough that it could take a place there and that people would buy them.

Caractacus
2007-03-10, 08:02 PM
Hmm...good point about when the next book is coming...

The 'naughth' book: 80 strips

The first book: 120 strips

The second book: 180 strips

(numbers approximate)

Current count beyond second book: 123 strips...

Given the fact that the books seem to have a tendency to get longer and that the book clearly wouldn't end at 120 (the very start of the battle for Azure City), I think we can assume that the next compilation will need about 60 more strips, or 20 more weeks. Then Rich'll need to put in extras and write stuff for the chapters and they'llneed to get someone to write a prefacy thingumawhatsits.

My guess is that means he'll be sorting it out at the end of the year. I would say 'in time for Christmas', but Rich's post:

"Not sure yet, but all sources point to NOT getting the reprint of Dungeon Crawlin' Fools done in time for Christmas. We basically blew all of our capital getting Origins and Paladin Blues reprinted, and we won't see any money back in from those until January. Still, stranger things have happened"

...makes me fear that it won't be.:smallfrown:

Unless it's a smokescreen...come on Rich, say it is! Although then if you did, it would mean that it isn't a smokescreen, so your statement would be false, so it MIGHT be a smokescreen... Um...gah! :smalleek:

Underfoot
2007-03-10, 11:00 PM
Any update on when Dungeon Crawlin' Fools will be back in print? I'll buy both of them when the first one is available, but the collector in me goes all twitchy about the idea of buying a second in a series when I don't own the first :)

Nogard
2007-03-10, 11:45 PM
That goes for me as well. When #1 is available i'll buy all 3.

Axl_Rose
2007-03-10, 11:50 PM
November? Just in time for Christmas !!!!!!!!!:smile:

EDIT - just read prev. posts: aww nuts!

Sturmjaeger
2007-03-10, 11:54 PM
:belkar: Says Tiny Belkar the Halfling: "Merry Christmas, everyone!"

Hazelnut
2007-03-12, 04:42 AM
That goes for me as well. When #1 is available i'll buy all 3.

I managed about 4 months and then caved..

Hopefully I'll find myself in the pleasant position of ordering books #1 and #3 in time for christmas this year! :smallbiggrin: