PDA

View Full Version : Character suggestions.

themaque
2016-09-09, 03:58 AM
How would ya'll roll with a Noble/Druid?

In my mind I'm seeing them as a family like the Stark's. Close to the land and keeping the old gods in the wilderness.

I mostly play him a little more Noble than Druid and was considering going Land Druid. (although yes, the Stark example lend itself to Moon druid.)

Addaran
2016-09-09, 07:01 AM
Does it have to be a human? Elf or half-elf would work extremely well. You're a noble in the elven forest city.

Or you could be a distant relative of a noble family if human. You had some education as a kid and can use your family's name/help, but most of your life you've been a druid and lived in the wild.

You could also be in a normal noble family, and being the 2nd or 3rd child, you decide to be an advisor of the futur leader. He probably won't have time to care about nature and animals, so you take to learning all that.

NecroDancer
2016-09-09, 08:06 AM
Maybe your character was a noble but his/her family was killed by a rival, your character escaped into the forest and Spent the rest of his childhood learning how to survive. Your character could be focused on hunting down the rivals that killed his family and he embodies the "hunting/killing" aspect of nature.

smcmike
2016-09-09, 08:17 AM
The Starks ("Starks," not "Stark's," and please excuse my grammar pedantry - I just see too many darn apostrophes on this site!) are a great example. Maybe the Druids in the region are by definition nobility - a lineage with a special relationship with the land, who are given noble status due to this relationship.

Specter
2016-09-09, 08:31 AM
One of the main antagonists in my last campaign was a Noble Druid. His family had made a pact long ago to preserve the land in exchange for a healthy kindred, and they succeeded. Until it came the day when their eldest son was tempted by the contents of the house's basement, where he found a giant plant bulb growing. It spoke to him, assuring him he would be the leader of the archfey Azimadia's cult to end the humanoid life that had been destroying the world. He embraced his calling and became The Oak, destrying his family and then attempting to destroy all humans.

But that was a Neutral Evil guy.