PDA

View Full Version : Fun Wonder Woman Build

PeteNutButter
2016-09-09, 05:43 AM
In the spirit of my previous build for ghost rider I thought I'd take a gander at more super heroes. Wonder Woman seems like an easy enough port to D&D.

So same rules as before: AL legal materials and point buy.

Since the character is at its a core a paladin of Aphrodite (Devotion) she will start paladin 5 and move into monk for 4 levels to pick up deflect arrows via her bracers and then battlemaster fighter 4 to represent her extensive martial expertise and enable things like tripping attacks with her lasso. I'd say she could take a single level in rogue for expertise in athletics which would pair nicely with shield master.

Stats: 15, 13, 13, 9, 12, 12 ...yeah it's pretty MAD so she is a non-variant human to bring it to:
16, 14, 14, 9, 13, 13.

She will wear a breastplate and carry either S&B or a whip. In combat she could use shield master or a maneuver to knock foes prone then proceed to attack with advantage, ensuring any sneak attack dice.

Final build would look something like paladin 11/BM fighter 4/ monk 4/ rogue 1.

The weapons and armor limit her monk abilities a bit but she can still use bonus action dodge or flurry up to 4 times per short rest. Her flurry of blows punches and kicks will deal only 1 plus str damage but they can also have smite and or maneuvers on them for nova options. Most importantly she can deflect arrows with her "bracers."

With expertise in athletics she should be able to grapple foes readily and cast zone of truth via her paladin spells to "lasso of truth" enemies.

Can't get everything in but all in all should definately feel like Diana.

EvilAnagram
2016-09-09, 07:15 AM
Why wouldn't you switch her Str and Dex to make her a Dex attacker? Or boost her Wis by one point and embrace the monk defense?

Edit: I should probably also say that thee build largely looks solid and fun!

PeteNutButter
2016-09-09, 01:59 PM
Why wouldn't you switch her Str and Dex to make her a Dex attacker? Or boost her Wis by one point and embrace the monk defense?

Edit: I should probably also say that thee build largely looks solid and fun!

Dex would totally work. I kept switching it back and forth to be honest. I settled on str since it boosts athletics and she is super strong. Ultimately if she goes dex she'll want to drop the breastplate in favor of light armor. Although only reason to keep the breastplate is if you pick up stealth.

I was really trying to keep her in the breastplate medium armor for her look and don't feel like she really should be naked like a pure monk.

MasterMercury
2016-09-09, 10:40 PM
In most of the older Wonder Woman comics, her costume is just cloth, not really armor. She relys mostly on the bracers (of defense?) for protection. A Dex build with monk AC would definitely work.
Any ideas about green lantern? I'm thinking paladin for the oath and warlock for the at-will ring blast.

PeteNutButter
2016-09-09, 11:12 PM
In most of the older Wonder Woman comics, her costume is just cloth, not really armor. She relys mostly on the bracers (of defense?) for protection. A Dex build with monk AC would definitely work.
Any ideas about green lantern? I'm thinking paladin for the oath and warlock for the at-will ring blast.

Pretty much the whole Justice League has "oaths" so we might be limiting ourselves by making them have to be paladins. I'll see what I can come up with. Do to the versatility of the ring he would probably have to be a full caster of some sort.