PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder What's your favourite Pathfinder adventure path and why?

Feint's End
2016-09-09, 06:35 AM
Hey guys. I know this question is asked fairly frequently but I would like to have an updated answer. I'll maybe start playing in a new campaign soon and the dm is considering to run an adventure path. So I'd like to hear from your favourite path and best experiences running them. Would be great too if you could explain why you liked/disliked them.

Group will probably be mid op. Very railroady (at least badly railroaded APs) are obviously a negative.

Eldonauran
2016-09-09, 09:18 AM
I like the Iron Gods quite a lot. Nothing like mixing a bit of the unknown (technology) in with my magic and making most of the adventure player-driven. Shortly after you get into the 2nd book, the DM gets to sit back a bit and what the players make decisions on where to go, what to do, how to go about doing it, and the DM gets to keep track of what is happening in the background. There is pretty much ONE ultimate goal but the player's are free to decide on how approach it, even tackling it head on while seriously under-leveled.

Feint's End
2016-09-09, 12:01 PM
I like the Iron Gods quite a lot. Nothing like mixing a bit of the unknown (technology) in with my magic and making most of the adventure player-driven. Shortly after you get into the 2nd book, the DM gets to sit back a bit and what the players make decisions on where to go, what to do, how to go about doing it, and the DM gets to keep track of what is happening in the background. There is pretty much ONE ultimate goal but the player's are free to decide on how approach it, even tackling it head on while seriously under-leveled.

Thanks for the Insight! I will definitely bring it up.

The dm mentioned Hell's Rebels as a potential as well. Any experiences?

Eldonauran
2016-09-09, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the Insight! I will definitely bring it up.

The dm mentioned Hell's Rebels as a potential as well. Any experiences?

I haven't played that particular adventure path but it is one that our group is tackling soon. Pretty much all I know about it is that you are trying to cause a revolution/uprising, and you get to manage 'groups'. It gives the opportunity to use quite a bit of rules from the Ultimate Campaign.

Fouredged Sword
2016-09-09, 12:33 PM
Band of the Red Hand is a ton of fun and I have seen it both as 3.5 and pathfinder. Great classic dnd feel with dragons and goblins.

Galacktic
2016-09-09, 12:48 PM
If you enjoy going actual Evil, Way of the Wicked is by far my favorite AP. Tons of player agency in how they can choose to accomplish their objectives.

Biguds
2016-09-09, 09:40 PM
Hello guys.

Iron Gods for me (I'm the GM). Especially for a thematic party! Need acces to Technology Guide and prior consideration on party composition (lots of Hardness to deal with). Aside that, the history is great, it is very rewarding, uses a lot of different things without losing all the "mysterious tech from the past".