PDA

View Full Version : Seeking help for a Druid build

WarTortoise
2016-09-09, 07:54 AM
I'm considering a sneaky jermlaine Druid with the multi-headed and chameleon templates.

From chameleon he would get a tongue attack with 10-foot reach. This attack deals no damage, but it is especially useful for delivering touch spells.
And multiheaded gives him well.. Multiple heads.

My question is do the extra heads give him extra tongue attacks? He does get a bite attack per head, could he opt for a frog like lick instead?

And then, if he does get the oppertunity to sneak lick his opponents multiple times, is it doable to deliver a bunch of useful touch spells? Do Druids even have those?

eggynack
2016-09-09, 03:33 PM
Weirdly, the first answer looks like a no. The tongue is a normal attack, so isn't caught by the special attacks provision, and it obviously isn't covered by the limited normal attacks granted. Not that important though, cause you can't really get multiple spells in a round. To that point, it is technically possible to parlay multiheaded into more than one spell a round, through the feat multivoice (SS, 37), but the costs associated seem prohibitive, perhaps impossible in this case. The main prerequisite is more than one head, which you hit, but you also need 15 dexterity, 15 intelligence, twf, improved twf, quicken spell, and, worst of all, multiattack. That last is problematic because, while you can access the multiple natural attacks necessary in a wild shape form, you lose your extra heads in those other forms, meaning you can't meet all the prerequisites simultaneously.

I guess there're ways to get natural attacks in your base form, but you'd need a lot of them, and then you'd also need infinite feats. So, you can do it, but it's hard. What could make sense is trading wild shape for aspect of the dragon from dragon magic. You're losing your multi-headed and chameleon benefits when form swapped anyway, so this plan doesn't benefit especially from wild shape, and aspect of the dragon lets you use the claws aspect for a pair of claw attacks, which, on top of the tongue attack, gives the three natural attacks needed for multiattack. Then you just need those four feats, and you can pick up one of the TWF's with the gloves of the balanced hands. You don't need natural spell, so you have the three non-gloves-granted feats by 6th, or if you skip the gloves, you can get the remaining feat with a flaw or something. I guess that all adds up to a plan of some kind. You're giving up a lot for it, but it technically adds up after a fashion.

As for touch range spells, there're some of note. Healing sting (SpC, 110), nature's favor (SpC, 146), poison, touch of the juiblex (BoVD, 107), last breath (SpC, 130), choking sands (Sand, 112), death ward, hibernate (Frost, 97), mummify (Sand, 118), shuffle (Shining South, 49), death by thorns (BoVD, 81), and unicorn heart (CM, 121). That's what I found worth interest off my list and such, anyway. It's not a great setup, but you're not getting zero benefit here.

Hiro Quester
2016-09-09, 03:43 PM
Isn't there an ocular spell feat or spell that turns touch spells ( maybe others) into a gaze attack?

Perhaps two heads could get you two gazes per round?

eggynack
2016-09-09, 04:01 PM
Isn't there an ocular spell feat or spell that turns touch spells ( maybe others) into a gaze attack?

Perhaps two heads could get you two gazes per round?
Nah, ocular spell doesn't scale with additional heads. "You can store only two ocular spells in this fashion, even if you have more than two eyes," and one eye holds a single ocular spell.