PDA

View Full Version : Optimization PF Path of War: Hawkguard Warder or Phoenix Champion?

AstralFire
2016-09-09, 08:30 AM
Had a few sessions with this party now and due to the power of good coordination, we've taken down some foes the GM really meant us to lose to; we're moving faster down the level track than anticipated.

We just hit level 4. The rest of the party composition is a Sword and Board Tiefling Paladin, a Two-Handed Tiefling Paladin*, a Half-Elf Rogue, and a Human Conjuration Wizard who forgets (OOC) to actually summon on a regular basis.

* Amusingly enough, the former tiefling is blue-themed and calm, the latter red-themed and angry, and they did not make their characters as a pair. The first Tiefling came in with me as partners, and the second was a replacement who built her character without much input from the rest.

I am playing a Crossbow-wielding Human Hawkguard Warder, with free Rapid Reload and free proficiency with all crossbows to try and make up for how bad crossbows are. STR 7, DEX 20, CON 14, INT 14, WIS 9, CHA 12.

Assuming we keep climbing levels at the current rate, I need to figure out my plan for the next few levels earlier than expected. I'm thinking I'll take Warder for another level for sure to get the next bumps on Aegis and Ranged Defensive Focus, but after that I'm having trouble deciding between the AoE damage and healing of the Phoenix Champion (both of which are factors my party are short on) and the increasingly crazy threaten range for RDF in Warder (which has a nice synergy with the fact that we've got two durable characters to make the battlefield more hellish to move through).

AstralFire
2016-09-10, 02:38 PM
I don't think any thread I have ever made for build advice has been that successful...