PDA

View Full Version : RHoD Test Group (IC)

Zaydos
2016-09-09, 07:04 PM
Time: Morning. Day: -

Location: Common Room of the Drunken Gargoyle Mood Music (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBATrLRWySg)

The Drunken Gargoyle has yet to truly wake this morning. A local tavern which doubles on occasion as a traveler's inn, the Drunken Gargoyle is the only, somewhat overpriced, inn within the gnomish township of Hamsil. The food is good, and even if the rooms are low rate it's the only place in town where they've built ones to human scale.

The common room less so. There are two tables for human-sized patrons, reserved and little used, after all few travelers come to the township of Hamsil. Usually one would be in a back room collecting dust and cobwebs, but unusually it is not. In fact one table is occupied by a group of what appears to be merchants, a pair of fat men in silks, a pair of harder, more muscular men in breastplates, and a fifth member, a woman to their group, dressed in much more travel-worn clothes than the two men. Her eyes are cold as they regard the inn, not the eyes of a merchant but of a bodyguard.

Besides these surprise visitors there is little of note in the Drunken Gargoyle on this morning. A series of mirrors brings reflected sunlight down into the cave to supplement its candle light, and two servers are loafing about the common room. The merchants and their guards seem to have already been fed, and as dawn was only recent few others are in the tavern. Behind the counter the proprietor's son, a young whelp of a lad at 36, stands ready to take orders as need be.

Tes sent his message to come quickly only a few days ago, but the seer is impatient at the best of times, and when he's raving that the apocalypse may come if his words aren't heeded. If you stay for breakfast he'll probably be more than a little annoyed with you. At the same time Still it's the seer's own fault that he lives half a day's march from the nearest town.

Grand Arbiter
2016-09-09, 08:51 PM
Lóni was already up and about as the sun began to creep over the horizon. Having finished packing his possessions into his haversack, he then locked the pack in his room and went downstairs for breakfast.

A simple plate of bread and cheese would need to do today. They had to get moving before Tes threw a fit; which he would likely do anyway regardless of when they showed up. He was a genuine nutcase, but so far the pay has been good, so there's no reason to ignore him now.

Eyeing the merchant's table and their guard through one of the mirrors before returning to his meal Lóni let out a soft sigh, barely audible. Perhaps another day... he mused.

Magery
2016-09-09, 09:25 PM
Zuilin wakes with a start - she goes from unconscious to conscious without bothering with any of the intervening steps. This is not in any way unusual; it's the way she's always been. She rolls out of bed, gathering her armour up from where it was piled neatly on the floor and donning it with motions worn smooth by practice. It's not exactly necessary that she walk everywhere wearing it, but she likes to be prepared.

Leaving her sword resting against the wall of her room--but with a dagger hidden on her body*--she locks the door behind her and makes her way to the common room for breakfast. After collecting a meal almost identical to Lóni's, she eases herself into one of the seats at his table.

"So," she asks, "did you sleep well?"

* taking 10 on a Sleight of Hand check for 10 + 13 + 2 = 25.

Grand Arbiter
2016-09-09, 09:41 PM
About as well as I could, considering how unseasonably warm it was last night.

Yourself?

Just to see if I can notice the dagger.
Probably won't....
[roll0]

Nymiak
2016-09-09, 11:02 PM
Var wakes with first light. There is nothing to be gained by remaining in bed so, thanking Bahamut for the morning, he dresses himself in his mithral shirt and ventures downstairs. The road beckons to Var and he seeks to do what he must as soon as he can, but it is important to be well fed and prepared as the day begins.

Seeing Zuilin sit down with Lóni and engage in light conversation, matched with a light breakfast, he inwardly sighs. Var walks with purpose over to kitchens, asking for three hearty breakfasts. Confused at first, the gnomish staff quickly oblige and procure three large platters of food. Good food was never so quick to make, but Var is happy to settle for satisfactory food - it gets the job done all the same.

As Var wanders over to Zuilin and Lóni, he looks over the rest of the room. It's dim and featureless, with little by the way of decoration. The table with the other patrons stood as the only other notable feature, and he has no trouble matching the gaze of the woman at the other table before she looks away. Not knowing exactly what Tes wanted from them just yet, the merchants were unlikely to offer anything useful and Var put them to the back of his mind.

Var sits down between the others in his party, replacing each of their breakfasts with one of his own.

"Here, eat well while you have the chance; we may have a long day ahead of us."

I guess I might as well test the rolling feature by seeing if Var notices the dagger as well.
Spot: [roll0]

Stone_Mason
2016-09-10, 02:55 AM
Despite the curtain being drawn when she wakes up, there's a soft glow illuminating the room as Zarya exits the covers of her bed. She runs her hands over the tattoos covering her body: one spread out covering her left shoulder and creeping down along her arm glows about as bright as a candle, and the other three tattoos around her torso are clearly not mundane, either. As she dons her clothes and armour, they pass through the cloak of blue flames that engulf her, remaining untouched.

Zarya's presence draws quite a few curious glances as she steps into the room off the stairs. It's not everyday you see someone quite literally on fire yet acting as if oblivious of the fact. Zarya sits down with the rest of the group, grunting cursory greetings, and orders a hearty breakfast.

It seems like checking each other out is the norm, here. Heh. Spot: [roll0]

Eno Remnant
2016-09-10, 08:40 AM
A loud clatter is heard around the room. Those who look do so to find Aeraie standing unarmoured, beaming brilliantly, with two women at her side. One is the human barmaid. The other is her sister. She gives them both an affectionate… smile.

“Ladies, I can’t thank you enough for the 'help' you’ve rendered unto me. I hope you found the experience equally thrilling.”

The ladies press closer to the adventurer, and the barmaid’s sister replies in the positive,

“When Edie told me you were a dragon, I didn’t believe a word of it. I do now.”

Aeraie raises her head proudly, before leaning down to kiss the barmaid.

“Thank you, especially. This week has been one of the best of my life.”

With that, she leaves the girl blushing, and heads down to her companions. Casually swiping some food from Zuilin’s platter, she sets herself down and tears into breakfast.

Eventually, she notices the looks she’s garnered, and rolls her eyes.

“Look, I’ll eat on the way. It’s not like I need proper food like the rest of you. Besides,” she lowers her voice conspiratorially, “I won’t spend a single copper more of my hoard than I need to. Speaking of which,”

The dragonchild rises abruptly, moving over to the barmaid who has returned to her station.

“Love, I believe you have something of mine.”

The girl’s expression is coy, but knowing.

“I’m afraid I can’t imagine what that might be.”

Smirking, Aeraie leans closer.

“My heart and my breath, of course. That aside, it is unwise to take from a dragon’s hoard.”

The barmaid pouts, pulling a gold piece from... her pocket.

“But surely I can keep just one? As a keepsake to remember my dragon?”

Aeraie’s smile widens, but her companions know the younger woman has fundamentally misunderstood that Aeraie is more draconic than she appears.

“I shall bear no plunder/No theft of my silks/No pilfer of my coin/There is no piece unworthy/Be it platinum or copper/Of the wrath of a pride-wounded dragon.

The Right to Avarice, from the book of Bahamut. It’s a code I hold dear to my heart, love.”

Somewhat put out, the girl returns the coin. Humming, Aeraie returns to the table, grabs some of Zarya’s food, and then moves toward her room, calling back,

“I’m heading up to meditate! I’ll be ready to leave in a few minutes!”

Aeraie takes 10, because Zuilin is the only ten she sees. Spot: 10 + 5 = 15

EDIT: Also I swear, Aeraie was not supposed to be this character. I blame Magery for what that was. I also have zero regrets for doing it, so there's that :smalltongue:

Zaydos
2016-09-10, 06:09 PM
The servers get to work quickly enough serving the four hearty breakfasts, even as Aeraie snags a bit of Zarya's meal. Butter-fried potatoes, seasoned (http://topsytasty.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/DSCN0884.jpg) of course, scrambled teth* quail eggs, and some strips of deer make a relatively full meal, the sort of meal that'll see a group well through the day.

Even so breakfast is just breakfast and even a full one, cooked to human scale, even if it is a little extra pricey in a gnomish tavern, only takes so much time. Quickly enough the group would be finished, though quicker still the merchant band would begin to leave. Even as you are finishing your food you can hear the merchants and their guards preparing their horses. As they saddle their steeds their voices, hushed some, come echoing down the tunnels.

"Think the rumors are true?" One says.

The rest is too muffled to be understood for a bit before the same voice says, "I hope you're right."

"Which ones?"

"About the -"

"I'm a guard I always think -"

"Still the tales say -"

"There's always tales of goblins banding together into armies. Most likely there won't be anything worse than a band of goblin bandits."

"I hope you're right."

"Which ones?"

"About the dangers at the Vale."

"I'm a guard I always think there are bandits. You do too or you'd not have hired us, now would you?"

"Still the tales say that these aren't simple bandits. What I heard yesterday was about a blockade, and tales of an army."

"There's always tales of goblins banding together into armies. Most likely there won't be anything worse than a band of goblin bandits."

"I hope you're right."

Their conversation soon ends, however, even as so too do your meals.

*Tethzyrellian quails are a breed of domesticated quail raised within gnome hills.

Magery
2016-09-10, 06:24 PM
In the process of thanking Var for his generous gift, Zuilin keeps an eye--and an ear--on her surroundings.

[roll0] Spot check

[roll1] Listen check

Unfortunately, for all that she likes to pretend she's observant... she's really not. Which helps to explain how she didn't even notice Aeraie filching some of her food until after she'd already eaten it. Truly dragons are the most masterful of thieves.

"Unreasonably warm?" she finally says in reply to Lóni. "Well, if you say so. Personally, I like it hot."

She winks at Var. And Lóni. At the same time.

That, of course, makes it look more like she's just blinking exaggeratedly, but never let it be said that Zuilin let common sense get in the way of a bad joke.

Grand Arbiter
2016-09-10, 08:23 PM
Lóni usually did his best to remain on guard, senses alert for both trouble and opportunity.

Hopefully the dice like me.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Edit: Woohoo!
Also, I shall endeavor to label them in the future. I'll say its spot then listen.

He managed to catch the merchant's conversation as they left, and what he heard intrigued him. He would neither say nor show anything now, waiting to see if the others hear any of it as well.

His preoccupation with the merchants left him unfocused enough that Zuilin's jest flies over his head.
To each their own, as he finishes his meal. I'm going to head upstair to grab my haversack. Be right back.

I wonder if those goblins are related to Tes's message for us to come? Lóni smirked as he unlocked his door. I think I'd place money on those odds...

Stone_Mason
2016-09-10, 09:47 PM
Are we supposed to roll our listen checks ourselves? I thought that sort of roll was what you were going to make. Did I get it wrong?
Listen: [roll0]
... I'm just going to assume that means a 16.

The conversation piques Zarya's interest and she's outwardly a little annoyed at the fact that she couldn't catch the whole thing, but she doesn't say anything. She puts it out of her mind, deciding to focus on what she's here for: Tes' message. She returns to her room to grab her things before heading back down to meet with the group.

Nymiak
2016-09-11, 05:30 AM
Var watches the antics of Aeraie with mild amusement. Coppers, he thinks, are nothing if not entertaining. But who was he to police her actions?

Var looks back down at his plate and finishes his eggs, catching the tail end of Zuilin's conversation with Lóni. "You're quite right, Zuilin," Var blinks back at her, smiling faintly and intentionally missing the point, "these eggs wouldn't be quite so nice were they to be cold."

The merchants leave and Var eats his potatoes slowly while he strains to listen in.

Nymiak
2016-09-11, 05:44 AM
Sorry for the double post - turns out there's an issue with previewing your post that causes the dice roller not to work, so I'm rolling my listen check here

[roll0]

Bahamut, Var muses to himself, that could be interesting. What are you leading me towards?

He finishes off his potatoes and tells the others in his party what he overheard, before excusing himself to collect the rest of his equipment.

Eno Remnant
2016-09-11, 06:14 AM
After a few minutes, Aeraie emerges from her room, fully equipped and graced with a delighted smile, her foot tapping along to the music that fills the tavern. With a laugh, she dances her way through the room, towards the door.

"Hurry up, teetotalers! I'm in the mood for some adventure!"

She laughs again, twirling like a top as she passes through the doorway.

Perform (Dance): [roll0]

Zaydos
2016-09-11, 11:24 AM
Time: Morning. Day: -

Location: Southern hill of Hamsil. Mood Music (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JZbEyb-Wfg)

As Aeraie emerges from the long tunnel, one in which she can't stand full erect due to its low roof, she sees the merchant pair and their three guards already departing. One could almost not realize they were standing at the outskirts of a village if it wasn't for the farms in the distance. Even so they're rather distant to the east, it'd take about an hour's walk to properly get to one of the farmsteads. Of course knowing what you know as common visitors you know that the village is right here, hidden within the hill through concealed doors and illusions.

A pair of gnomes stand by the small river that runs through the town, washing their clothes, and a few others are beginning to move about their daily business, still more are under the hills than atop of them.

To the west of the sparsely wooded hills is grasslands once more for several miles before the start of the western woods. The road skirts along just around the curve of the hill the inn was built into, where traveling on the road one might miss the gnomish tavern completely; gnomes survive by stealth and subterfuge after all. Still Hamsil is old enough that the secret is at best poorly kept.

It'll take you about an hour to reach the Western Woods on foot. The merchants are moving along the same road, but after about 15 minutes turn north.

(assuming there's nothing else you want to do in Hamsil continue to the below)

Time: Morning + 1 Hour. Day: -

Location: Entrance of the Western Woods Mood Music (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvbrQbEOEZw&index=6&list=PLE4735D81E9507F05)

The forest stretches before you as far as the eye can see to the north and south. The Thelcrig Mountains tower beyond it in the distance, some days away reducing the towering peaks to but little lumps into the sky. The forest itself is an old one, but the road is still good made from dwarf-cut stones from when the Thelcrig dwarves still maintained their trading empire. The large slabs are occasionally disjointed and uneven now with time and ill-maintenance, but it is a certainly usable road. (DC 10 Balance check required to run or charge on the road) It was built for trade and is on average around twenty feet wide, wide enough for a pair of wagons to pass by each other with room to spare even though there tends to be but little need for its width now.

The trees loom heavy over either side of the road, roots spreading through the old stone now. Ferns grow between the might oaks, bushes as well, the healthy undergrowth of an old growth forest. Sunlight filters in through the leaves of the trees, though it is dimmer compared to the quickly hardening glare of the sun which creeps ever higher into the sky.

Mechanical:

The road is old and roots have grown in and under the heavy stones, a DC 10 Balance check is required to run or charge on it.

The road is 20 ft wide, on either side is typically undergrowth (half movement) or trees (no movement) although not always (there are empty squares). You can travel off the road if you want but your speed will be halved, and if you don't use it as a guide Survival checks will be required to not get lost.

Please note any special senses you have (Blindsense/sight, Scent, constant detect magic, etc).

Please arrange your positions along the road, and since I have to wait for that anyway, go ahead and give me Spot and Listen checks. I mean I've already told you that there's going to be an encounter before you reach Tes's house so there's no metagame knowledge by asking for it.

Grand Arbiter
2016-09-11, 02:58 PM
Multiple in case they're needed.
Spot:[roll0]
Listen:[roll1]
Spot:[roll2]
Listen:[roll3]
Spot:[roll4]
Listen:[roll5]

Magery
2016-09-11, 05:04 PM
[roll0] Spot check

[roll1] Listen check

If it becomes necessary, Zuilin automatically makes the DC 10 Balance check with having to roll, as her Acrobatics check is +15.

Stone_Mason
2016-09-11, 11:22 PM
It's common sense to remain attentive as they pass through the woods. Zarya hasn't made it this long as an adventurer by being reckless.

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Zaydos
2016-09-12, 12:17 AM
Time: Morning + 2 Hours. Day: -

Location: Middle of the Western Woods. Mood Music (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RcLEpxiZ-4)

[i]An hour's march passes by uneventfully. The woods are calm, still, and silent. Not the od silence of a coming storm, or recent disaster, but the simple quiet buzzing of the pink noise that fills the background, birds singing, insects abuzz, the occasional startled jolt of a deer. Not a noise is out of place as you walk through the forest. It could easily lull one into relaxation and a lowered guard, but the woods are a dangerous place, and you've been here often enough to know that.

It's after just over an hour that the first odd noise catches Var's ear, and another attracts Aeraie's. The footsteps of something large, and coming closer. In fact once the noise is really heard it becomes clear that it's been there for a while, blending in with the noise of the forest. It's an animal-like noise, the padding of some large creature. What's disconcerting is that it's not one, but multiple such creatures and seems to be coming from ahead and behind, left and right, as if a pack of animals were slowly surrounding you. They seem to be still some distance from you.

Mechanical: Thanks to differences in the enemies' hide and move silently you'd hear them before Loni sees them. Of course that doesn't tell you exactly where they are so no surprise round, but something is coming for you.

Map will be up soon. Was going to try a grid table but it was too big, so I'm going to be fiddling with using google docs for a little bit. For now the noises seem to be coming from 1-2 o'clock, 4-5 o'clock, 7-8 o'clock, and 10-11 o'clock in the woods. Or to put another way they're at the four corners.

You are on combat time (i.e. round by round) but combat is not yet engaged in that you don't know where the enemies are precisely so until you find them you don't have much info. Suffice it to say the monsters rolled an unmodified 2 for initiative and the party as a whole gets to go before them.

Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iY3Dx71r398oJDVAnekmAb74ltLt9cL2tBT4--stJ1s/edit?usp=sharing)

Stone_Mason
2016-09-13, 03:55 AM
Upon learning of the approaching sounds, Zarya says "Quick, let's move so they can't ambush us." She outlines this plan (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iY3Dx71r398oJDVAnekmAb74ltLt9cL2tBT4--stJ1s/edit#gid=441712744) as a way for the party to protect those of them that are most vulnerable, placing Lóni in the middle of the group, and leaving Zarya as the only one who could be attacked from the cover of the underbrush.

Nymiak
2016-09-13, 05:00 AM
Var quickly moves into position and casts Light of Mercuria, shedding a golden light in a 30ft radius about himself. "Let not those who would attack us use darkness as a cover."

If anyone drops below 0 HP, Var will cast Close Wounds as an immediate action, healing 2d4+9 HP (in such a way that it effectively prevents the damage from occurring).

Magery
2016-09-13, 05:38 AM
Zuilin moves into position, and draws her sword.

Zuilin readies the Flashing Lightning maneuver to attack the first enemy she sees approaching from the semi-circular arc she's currently covering.

This means she has a range of 60ft for her next melee attack, effectively.

Eno Remnant
2016-09-13, 07:35 PM
Aeraie joins the formation, claws raised.

Aeraie will breathe slowing mist if two or more enemies approach her personal arc of coverage for the formation.

Grand Arbiter
2016-09-13, 10:19 PM
Lóni slips into the center of the formation, casting a spell as he does so.
bli usynlig
Should any of his compatriots turn to look at him, they will only see the other three members of the defensive ring.

Lóni will cast Invisibility as he moves into the center. (~5 min. duration.)

Zaydos
2016-09-13, 10:40 PM
Mood Music (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5bD76PRx3U)

As you ready yourselves the enemies begin to move. Picking up their speed to close with the group hopefully before you reach a strong defensive position two large, black wolves burst from the bushes onto the road behind you. Their fur is a deep, midnight color, eyes red and teeth bared. Meanwhile Loni, Zarya, and Var with their keen eyes catch sight of two other wolves still moving through the bushes up ahead. They're still in the bushes, being careful to keep low and hidden, uncertain that they've actually been spotted yet.

Mechanics: Zuilin and Aereia have not seen WolfA or WolfB, though if someone points them out (free action) I'd give that a circumstance bonus which would be enough to increase Aereia's spot from the beginning of the encounter to see them, Zuilin either needs to make a 2nd spot check (move action) or just wait until they come out of the bushes. Which given their positions and melee requirements is going to have to happen soon.

WolfC and WolfD, however, no longer have cover or concealment.

Their demonstrated tactics, large size, and crimson eyes indicate they are no normal wolves but the more dangerous worgs. Intelligent and often allied with goblins, these creatures use more sophisticated tactics. Of course just like wolves they enjoy flanking foes and pulling them to the ground to tear their throats out.

And oh yeah, it's party turn. Zuilin didn't see the wolves in her arc and the other mentioned readied actions wouldn't have been triggered at all.

Stone_Mason
2016-09-13, 11:43 PM
Keeping awareness on as many wolves as she can, Zarya just readies herself for if they attack.

Zarya will just ready an action to attack any of the wolves who enter her threatened area (she's wielding a reach weapon and has armour spikes, so that's anywhere within 10ft of her). If a wolf moves all the way through her threatened area and adjacent to her, does that mean she gets her readied attack when they enter, then an AoO when they move from 10ft away to 5ft away?

Zaydos
2016-09-13, 11:51 PM
Keeping awareness on as many wolves as she can, Zarya just readies herself for if they attack.

Zarya will just ready an action to attack any of the wolves who enter her threatened area (she's wielding a reach weapon and has armour spikes, so that's anywhere within 10ft of her). If a wolf moves all the way through her threatened area and adjacent to her, does that mean she gets her readied attack when they enter, then an AoO when they move from 10ft away to 5ft away?

Mechanics: Yes it does. Got to love it when you hit 'em when they enter and leave the square.

Magery
2016-09-14, 12:03 AM
Zuilin continues to do what she was doing before, which is waiting for an enemy to reveal itself, with the same readied action.

There's nothing else I can do here - my non-existent spot check means I'm not seeing anything before it reveals itself, so I'm better off continuing to wait for a chance to zap something before whacking it once it closes the distance.

Eno Remnant
2016-09-14, 05:11 AM
Aeraie maintains her position, ready to blast with acid any foe that attempts to attack her or her party. She attempts to increase her profile to intimidate the wolves.

"Back! I won't harm you if I don't have to, but I will not hesitate to kill you if I must!"

Grand Arbiter
2016-09-14, 08:08 AM
*in a hushed voice* Two of the beasts behind us on the road and two diagonally ahead in the bushes. I'm not a nature expert, but red eyes don't strike me as something normal for a wolf.

uklar
That should help you evade attacks, Var.

Anybody have an idea what in the Hells these things are, and whether we want one alive?

Besides a copious amount of talking, Lóni will cast a Blur spell on Var. 20% miss chance for ~5 min.

Nymiak
2016-09-14, 11:17 AM
"Wargs. They're wargs. Smart and deadly - and they may well be friends with the goblins we heard about earlier." Var replies in a hushed voice.

Var looks down at his hands, sitting slightly out of focus, and casts Shield of Faith on himself (+2 Deflection Bonus to AC).

"Fear not, Bahamut will protect us."

Zaydos
2016-09-14, 01:39 PM
The wolves push forward. One bursts from the underbrush only for Zuilin finally seeing a target in her zone of control releases a bolt of lightning which strikes its tail, a glancing blow for one of her skill but not without causing the beast pain (-8 hp) . Then Aeraie's mouth goes wide and like the copper dragon she is acid spews forth to 'burn' and scar it, leaving a path of ruin in its fur (-7 hp) . Then it is upon Aeraie, but its attention refuses to remain fixed upon her, eyes darting to Zarya and its teeth narrowly missing its prey because of that.

The other two wolves rush forward then. One leaps up on a log from which it has a commanding threat of two, perhaps even three if it risks attacking an invisible foe, of the group, but Zarya's guisarme strikes into it causing it to loose a howl of pain (-10 hp) . The other bites towards Var, but while distractions and divine shields might or might not fail neither matters for it simply was biting at the illusion alone and nothing more.

Mechanics:

WolfA emerges from the underbrush to a sword (8 damage) and acid breath (15 successful save reduced to 7) to its face. It moves over to Aeraie and misses by a provocation rune.

WolfB hangs out in the woods and takes total defense.

WolfC hops up on a log (giving Var a wide birth as it does so) suffering a readied attack from Zarya for 10 damage (why does your damage list that for a Small sized guisarme?)

WolfD attacks Var but despite making a 22 after Provocation Rune's -2 misses due to Blur.

It is now party turn.

Edit: Forgot to note wolf injuries. WolfA is significantly injured (has taken at least close to 1/2 their max health).

Magery
2016-09-15, 12:28 AM
Zuilin lunges forward to stab at the wolf that attacked Aeraie; her blade shimmers in the air, warping the world around it to a colour somewhere between blood and starlight.

She takes a five-foot step toward Wolf A, and attacks with the Entropy's Edge maneuver, adding 4d6 damage as well as ignoring hardness and bypassing damage reduction as if magic and adamantine if she hits. The target of a successful strike is also incapable of regaining HP or healing non-lethal damage for three rounds.

OOC: I figured I'd describe the maneuver, even if it's one of yours, Zaydos, since that's probably more convenient for everyone. I also can't remember if we roll our own attacks - based on my memory and the last round of combat, I'm 95% sure we don't, which is why I haven't... but there's still that 5%, so I figured I'd mention it just in case.

Zaydos
2016-09-15, 12:39 AM
Zuilin's blade sinks deep into the wolf and it gives a gurgle as its throat is torn out.

Mechanics/OoC: 27 damage means the wolf is dead, Jim. As for describing maneuvers please do even/especially the one's I made. As for rolls I did it last round because it was a reflexive roll and with multiple readied actions coming out at once it was a time saving measure, please do make your own attacks during combat (I will roll AoOs for time saving purposes), and in the future if you ready an attack feel free to go ahead and roll to hit and damage if you'd like. If you'd like to spoiler rolls for AoOs you could do that as well, same with saving throws, or any other reflexive rolls you feel are likely and actually want to make personally.

Also put you in T13, if you'd prefer U13 just say so (as a note if you want to just edit your own position when you move that's why I made it editable via link... I am fairly certain I made it editable via link).

Eno Remnant
2016-09-15, 01:29 AM
Aeraie raises her arms guardedly, roaring at the worg in front of her.

Aeraie takes a total defence action, making her AC 24. Breath recharge time (minimum 1): [roll0]

Stone_Mason
2016-09-15, 01:53 AM
[i](why does your damage list that for a Small sized guisarme?)

Because I'm bad and should feel bad. Not sure how I made that mistake.

Zarya takes another swing at the wolf on the log.

Attacking WolfC, hitting AC [roll0] for [roll1] damage.

Zaydos
2016-09-15, 01:58 AM
The guisarme's blade slashes across the wolf's snout, narrowly missing its eyes causing it to yelp in pain.

Mechanics: The wolf (WolfC) is now injured (at less than ~50% hp).

Nymiak
2016-09-15, 03:57 AM
Var takes a deep breath and exhales, blasting one of the wolves directly with a corrosive liquid along the log that it's sitting on.

25ft line of acid from R13 to R9, making [roll0] damage, DC 14 reflex save to halve.
This can be used again in [roll1] rounds.

Zaydos
2016-09-15, 04:01 AM
The wolf gives a small growl but before it has even realized what it is about to face it has received a stream of acid across its face and the slash along its snout. It doesn't even whimper as it falls to the ground rolling off the log unconscious.

Grand Arbiter
2016-09-15, 07:34 AM
I see I'm not the only one who overheard the merchants.

If these creatures are indeed connected to the goblins that were mentioned, none should escape. There is one hiding in the bushes up the road, probably waiting to run if things go badly.
ikke ser farger
Lóni becomes visible again for an instant, and then the colors cascade off of him and at the warg in the undergrowth.
I'm going to try to knock that one out. Help would be appreciated.

Blinding Color Surge on wolf B.
Will Save DC 16 [15 + 1 (from cloaked casting, if I'm able to benefit from it.)] or blindness.
Now invisible for 5 rounds (old invisibility gone, BCS gives round/level invisibility irregardless of save.)

move from: S14
to:W12
As shown on map.

Hide/Move silently check if necessary:
Hide[roll0]
Move Silently[roll1]
Thanks to Darkstalker, it needs to roll if it is relying on the scent ability.

Zaydos
2016-09-15, 12:11 PM
The colors flow into the worg, causing it to let out a low growl of fright. Then it begins to run, well as fast as a blind worg can, down the old road. The last worg seems to have decided it stands no chance one on five as well, its tail dropping between its legs. It carefully backsteps from Zarya, and then it to begins to turn tail and scamper as quickly as possible.

Mechanics: WorgB failed its save and is blinded for 1 round, and moves at half speed to the West moving 40 ft off the map. WorgD withdraws (first square left doesn't provoke AoOs) and moves 20 ft of the map to the East.

Combat time would end except I believe you want to avoid letting them get away, so it's time to show how well you can kill retreating enemies. By which I mean it is party turn.

Eno Remnant
2016-09-16, 05:39 AM
Aeraie sighs heavily. Lóni is far too concerned by an inferior species.

"I fear we're not swift enough to catch the beasts, especially on this terrain. I'll give chase, but I have little hope of success."

She takes off after the closest worg, adding by way of parting,

"If I manage to run down a wolf on an uneven road, someone owes me some gold!"

Aeraie takes a run action, pursuing WorgB. Eno makes the required prayer to RNGesus before rolling Acrobatics: [roll0]

Nymiak
2016-09-16, 07:42 AM
"It's unlikely we'll be able to catch them," Var sighs. "Even still..."

Var moves towards the Western wolf, the light surrounding him receding visibly as he does so. Eventually he stops, the golden light stabilising in a much smaller aura around him, to point at the wolf and fire a beam of golden light towards it.

One of the two charges of Light of Mercuria is used, dropping the light surrounding Var to 15ft.
The attack is a ranged touch attack [roll0] dealing [roll1] damage.

Hah! I shall single-handedly take down this Worg with my 2 damage!

Grand Arbiter
2016-09-16, 07:20 PM
I will try to catch the lone one running to the East

rask bevegelse

If I'm not back soon, come looking.

Lóni will cast Expeditious Retreat and move 60ft with his move action as shown on the map.

Magery
2016-09-16, 10:35 PM
Zuilin also chases after the Wolf that Aeraie and Var have been attacking.

Using the run action to pursue it, which also refreshes one maneuver (in this case, Blade Arc).

As Zuilin's acrobatics check is +15, she doesn't need to roll to make the check in order to run.

Zaydos
2016-09-16, 10:42 PM
The wolves begin to run in earnest now, each of them attempting to put on speed to flee from their foes. Whether by luck or talent the two wolves move fast and far legs carrying them down the road in opposite directions. Even as they do Zuilin's blade flashes to strike the wolf beside her, but it is a poor stroke due to her own haste and falls short.

Mechanics: Sine Stone said that Zarya couldn't do anything (always carry a back up longbow if in single digit levels) I decided to go ahead and take the wolves' turn to speed things up.

The worgs made their balance check and I rolled for Zuilin's AoO but it missed (nat 1). That puts both worgs at least 200 ft from their pursuers and drawing further away. Of course Zuilin could pursue it till it tripped, and Loni could try the same actually gaining on it, but do you want to risk it?

Nymiak
2016-09-17, 01:56 PM
Var sighs and walks back over towards WolfC, jumping up to a sitting position on the log as he does so ([roll0]), still shimmering with a golden illumination out to 15 ft.

"It's no use, they're gone. Leave them be," Var growls in a low voice, looking down at the unconscious worg.

"Damn beasts."

Grand Arbiter
2016-09-17, 03:52 PM
Seeing the warg he was after accelerate to a full sprint, and the other(s) escape, Lóni decides to turn back to the group. He would have been visibly frustrated if the invisibility had worn off sooner, but he regained his composure before the spell waned.

We should probably get moving before they try to circle back or fetch others of their kind.

For any of you that didn't hear what the merchants talked about on their way out this morning, they were concerned about stories of goblins gathering into armies. I believe we can agree that this probably wasn't coincidence.

Eno Remnant
2016-09-17, 06:43 PM
Aeraie huffs, annoyed and winded, and makes a conceding gesture.

"This mortal shell isn't equipped to chase wolves anyhow. Faessi baeshras. Let us resume our journey, then.

And for the record, I am in agreement - coincidence is rarer than enemy action in our line of work."

"Faessi baeshras" is Draconic for "Coward animals."

Zaydos
2016-09-17, 07:03 PM
Time: A little past noon. Day: -.
Location: Outside of Tes's Cottage (the Western Woods) Mood Music (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o87hNhgfZvI)

The worgs dead or fled you have little you can do but hasten on your way and hope they do not ambush you in the narrower footpath to Tes's cabin. The journey itself is a little more than an hour longer, still it passes quickly enough. The cottage is off the old road a ways through a winding footpath sometimes less than five feet wide, a region which could make an excellent place for another worg ambush but it never materializes.

The 'cottage' itself is built into a tree covered hill, its doorway hidden through simple camouflage, though one can immediately tell something is there for as you approach the sound of bells rings through the air, the tell-tale chiming of an alarm spell. It's only a few moments before Tes's head pops out of a pair of dirt covered shutters, the gnome's eyes narrowing as he looks at you.

Over a hundred years old, the gnome has passed the prime of youth, but still hopes to live five hundred more even if that'd make him the oldest gnome in recorded history. You think. Tes claims to be everywhere from seventy to one hundred and twelve, while the inhabitants of Hamsil peg him as about one thirty give or take a decade. His left eye narrows at you, a crossbow slowly being tucked away.

"Stay there!" He shouts and closes the shutters, and you can hear the workings of some machinery behind the door of the hill before it opens, 20 ft from where the path leads straight across his cottage (it dead ends three and a half miles beyond). "What took you so long?" He asks snappishly, "I expected you here a week ago," His message reached you only five days ago, "The world is in danger and what have you been doing? I suspect it involves bar wenches, doesn't it? Well come, come, the fate of the world is at stake, don't just dilly dally!"

The entire of his 'cottage' is a mess. Papers strewn about, books covering seats, a litter of badgers nesting in the fire place, a pair of ravens roosting within, and no designated bathrooms for his animal friends. Of course Tes, being Tes, he does not lead you in further than the entry 'parlor', a place with a 4-1/2 foot roof, chairs half your size, and burrowing mammals living in the fire place.

Stone_Mason
2016-09-18, 12:50 AM
Zarya is not impressed. "Just tell us why we're here, old man, so we can save the world," her emphasis here is not quite sarcasm, "and get back to our... bar wenches."

Nymiak
2016-09-18, 04:46 AM
Var puts a hand on Zarya's shoulder and smiles at her, then moves a stack of papers away from a wall, sitting down cross-legged and leaning against the wall in the process.

"Tes... What is going on?" Var sighs, in an almost tired voice.

Magery
2016-09-18, 06:43 AM
"If the fate of the world is at stake," Zuilin says, not entirely to herself, "then it seems to me bar wenches are of the utmost importance. After all, should the world end, we'd never be able to experience them ever again - so surely it's better to indulge before that happens!"

She settles to the floor in a motion so smooth it has no true beginning or end, and studies Tes. The fingers of one hand drum against her thigh, and she occasionally shifts in place, as if striving to find a more comfortable seat.

Eno Remnant
2016-09-18, 08:30 AM
Aeraie elects to remain standing, looking down upon Tes with a mixture of haughtiness and good humour.

"In my defence, only one of them was a bar wench. The other was her sister. That said, Zuilin makes an excellent point, and I won't be apologising for being true to myself."

Grand Arbiter
2016-09-18, 09:50 AM
Afternoon, Tes. Lóni says with an almost bored expression as he takes a seat.

What world-ending terror is it today? An Evil dragon, a lich plotting world domination...
-Wait, let me guess... goblins.

With a visible smirk, widening to a smile if he catches Tes off guard, he leans back as much as he can in the small chair to listen to their patron.

Zaydos
2016-09-18, 01:46 PM
Tes inhales deeply, "I saw five-shadows rising from a mountain, the heads of snakes strong and covetous in their gaze. They looked down upon the world and the world trembled. The gates of hell rose up from the ground and opened, devils flowing forth in numbers. First, though, the Bloody Hand must sweep forth from the mountain, supported by the wings of night which obscure the sun! From the mountain of the Queen of Five Serpents they pour forth, the armies of the Bloody Hand. I see a valley. It's to the west. The vale... An old place, its splendor long gone, but still a place of men. It will be the first. With each city conquered, each town stomped to dust under its heel the Bloody Hand will grow in strength and power. The days of wrath come. It is too late to stop them, but we can stop them from gaining momentum. The Bloody Hand is formed, five fingers clenched into a fist to smash the kingdoms of man and gnome, but they grow conquest. Prevent their first conquests and they can be stopped before the world shakes, before the gates rise and the earth trembles," As if to punctuate his speech the earth does just that, a minor earthquake not unheard of in this region causing trinkets and papers to fall and scatter from their perch over the fireplace and on his desk, "And Hell is unleashed on the world so that the Serpent Queen's true army may pour forth."

Eno Remnant
2016-09-18, 06:35 PM
Aeraie's brow furrows, as she tries to decipher the meaning in Tes's... what, prophecy? Her understanding of the divine has never been too strong. With that in mind, she turns to Var.

"You're better with the eclectic stuff than I am. Sound like any apocalypse you've ever heard of?"

Aeraie rolls Knowledge (Arcana) to see if she can decipher anything from Tes's speech: [roll0]

Stone_Mason
2016-09-18, 06:49 PM
All is quiet for a moment before Zarya breaks the silence. "Right. Did anyone manage to write that down?" she addresses the rest of the party. She pauses for a moment, ruffling though her backpack. "Because I don't think I brought any parchment with me, and that seemed kinda important."

Eno Remnant
2016-09-18, 06:59 PM
Aeraie tries to hold in a laugh, but ends up snorting in amusement.

"I'm sorry, Zarya, you've got a good point, really. It's just so practical that I can't help but feel silly for not thinking of it."

Grand Arbiter
2016-09-18, 07:25 PM
Well, that is not quite what I expected... Lóni muses as Tes relays his speech. Quite the mouthful, Tes.

Turning to the conversation at hand; I too, did not think to purchase any writing supplies, but I think I can remember most of it...
Let's see if I can phrase it a little less cryptically...

*takes a deep breath and begins to pace as best as he can within the small room*
The first part is about some type of serpent creature, and it summoning an army of fiends.
Next is something about an army that serves this being going being sent forth from its mountain.
The being is called the Queen of Five Serpents.
This army will go after someplace called "the vale", and if they conquer it, things go downhill from there, allowing the fiends to be called forth.
That the basic gist of things?*Briefly looks at Tes for confirmation and then continues on pacing*

The place, "the vale", is where the merchants had been concerned about the goblins gathering in great numbers, so maybe that is the "army" that is mentioned.

*turns to look at Var*Does the name of the creature mean anything to you? The being behind this sounds like some kind of noble or religious figure.

Nymiak
2016-09-18, 09:39 PM
Var reaches into his backpack after it becomes clear that Tes is rambling on, revealing an inkpen, ink and parchment and begins doing his best to transcribe what the gnome said.

"It's almost as if you guys didn't come prepared," Var grins, looking up from the parchment he has on the ground.

"As for the serpent queen and the apocalypse... No doubt at the very least aligned with Tiamat, if not her. She's a slippery beast alright, sitting behind most evil schemes. Give me a second to think if I know anything more..."

Religion: [roll0]
Nature: [roll1]
The Planes: [roll2]
Arcana: [roll3]

"Then again, Tes, are there any details you know about the Serpent Queen or the Bloody Hand you'd care to share?"

Eno Remnant
2016-09-19, 01:15 AM
At the mention of Tiamat, Aeraie is still. Completely still. For a woman who never seems to stop moving, this could at least be considered disconcerting. The expression on her face isn't helping matters.

Eyes narrowed, brow furrowed, teeth bared. Small drops of acid drip from the edges of her mouth, discernible from spittle only by the merit of the smoke that emits from each drop as it hits the floor. A growl, deep and primal and filed with the promise of death, emanates from her clenched maw. One can almost feel the presence of a dragon in the room, dwarfing them in its ancient majesty and terrific splendour.

When speech is finally drawn from her throat, it is deeper than any present have heard it prior, so low that you'd miss it if you weren't paying attention.

"Iejir opossa ekess valignat edar. Kurikalas martivir. Yth clax ekess gixi vur otha, ihk okarthel vur ihk martivir vur ihk earenk. Tiamata faeesia renthisj ir loexai, miirik ihk Hlala rach molik."

The Draconomicon only has so much on Draconic, and I mangled it a bit to add plurals, so the following is partly (largely) poetic license:

"Blood rains down to burn the earth. Slaughter the innocent. We shall take to claws and to teeth, for home and for the innocent and for the future. Tiamat's followers (cowards) shall sing one death, the song of Hlal's copper hide."

Nymiak
2016-09-19, 05:51 AM
Var looks over his parchment once again, and rolls it up into his backpack during Aeraie's outburst, waiting for her to finish. He gestures for her to stop craning her head against the low hanging ceiling and sit next to him.

If Aeraie sits next to Var, he will wrap a wing around her, if not then he'll just smile at her.

"Qe ifpesp, sia thurirl. Sjek nomeno nafl ui wer Daariv di Whedabra, yth geou rigluin hesi othokent zahae udoka," Var makes a long sigh before continuing, "Yth tir wer tawura di Bahamut, vur jaci vorqic svern udoka."

Be calm, my friend. If this truly is Tiamat (literally "the Queen of Darkness"), we will need our wits about us. We do the work of Bahamut, and he looks over us.

Eno, http://draconic.twilightrealm.com/ seems to have a larger list of words than what's in the Draconomicon and seems to be consistent with it (as far as I can tell, it just does a word substitution and nothing more clever than that).

Eno Remnant
2016-09-19, 05:57 AM
Aeraie's fists clench, then after a moment of clear struggle, she relaxes and sits beside Var, smiling softly as his wing wraps around her.

"Gliiwr kivan, skaeren waere, eschoup pluvt ekess wux, thurirl."

"Full hoard, warm (hot) cave, easy prey to you, friend."

Zaydos
2016-09-19, 03:11 PM
Tes nods at Loni. "There is more of course. I do not know if this be Tiamat's work, but I will say my dreams show a village upon a river burning. An old crossing of the river, a town prosperous but put to the sword. Seek the river-town of the Vale. My visions show the sun rising from the road, and you following it as it sails to the west across the sky. It is to the river village you must go, however, and you must go swiftly lest all be lost."

Magery
2016-09-20, 02:01 AM
"Well then," Zuilin says, shooting to her feet like a suddenly-drawn blade, "we'd best get going, right? Unless there's anything else important you've got to say."

Even when standing, she's jittery; Zuilin is almost bouncing from foot to foot, though it doesn't seem to be solely out of eagerness to be gone.

Zaydos
2016-09-20, 02:14 AM
"Yes, yes, I think you best, but I made a promise in my message of down payment and besides you might need the goods to combat this darkness..." The gnome moves back into a deeper room and emerges a few minutes later carrying a bag from which he begins to pile goods into five piles. "I believe this covers what I promised."

Mechanics: Remember that 2k of earmarked goods he was supposed to pay you, it's that.

Eno Remnant
2016-09-20, 03:25 AM
Aeraie perks up considerably.

"Tes, you sweet man, you shouldn't have. But thank you all the same."

She eagerly advances to claim her stake of gold.

Nymiak
2016-09-21, 06:07 AM
"Mmmm, thank you Tes, this is excellent," Var says, rearranging his gear into one of the Handy Haversacks, "this will take a load off. Although, if it truly is Tiamat, besting her is its own reward."

Grand Arbiter
2016-09-21, 03:20 PM
Lóni smiles as he sees some of the goods Tes has brought. As he examines each item, the rest of the party likely will notice how silent he is, along with the grin plastered to his face.

Stone_Mason
2016-09-22, 07:31 AM
Zarya looks kind of uncomfortable as she accepts the goods, although whether this is at the payment or Lóni's completely weird reaction to the payment it is anyone's guess.

Eno Remnant
2016-09-22, 07:57 AM
Aeraie is radiant, standing there with her gold. She shakes it lightly and hums as it jingles, announcing ebulliently,

"Well, we'd better be on our way if we plan to save the-"

She halts mid-sentence, mouth still open. Her eyes turn from joyful to confused to distraught, and her lip quivers slightly. With obvious reluctance, she continues.

"Save the world, yeah. Time is of the essence, and all that."

Tears are building up in the corners of her eyes, and she swiftly turns away in an attempt to hide them.

"I'd better... better buy us some h-horses, then. Better head to the stables in t-town."

She bolts for the door.

When they arrive in town, she'll purchase three light warhorses, one heavy warhorse, riding saddles, and bits and bridles for them. Additionally, enough food to feed each of them for three days. She'll appropriate 32 gold pieces and 60 copper pieces from Zuilin to buy her horse's saddle and bit/bridle as well as the feed for all horses, 432 gold from Var to buy his horse (the heavy warhorse) and its attendant equipment, and 182 gp from Loni to buy his horse and equipment. The remaining cost will be fronted by Aeraie to the tune of 332 gp.

She cries the whole time, confusing the hells out of the stablemaster.

Zaydos
2016-09-22, 05:57 PM
Time: 1:00 PM. Day: -
Location: Traveling/Terrelton. Mood Music (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2l_SjwA1h8)

It is simple enough to guess from maps that Tes's visions speak of the region called Elsir Vale and the Dawn Way, an old trade route no longer in great influence, that passes through it east to west, there is even a village shown on the map (http://orig03.deviantart.net/a0b6/f/2015/007/6/0/red_hand_of_doom__elsir_vale_map__player__by_antar iuk-d8cyaxy.jpg) of the vale known as Drellin's Ferry, Tes assures you before you leave that this is the likeliest sight and to make haste. Horses acquired it's still a journey of some days to reach Elsir Vale. Looping around to the south of the mountains you ride for several days before reaching the Dawn Way. Even then it is another few days along the road before you reach the Vale. Of course the war chariot and procession of horses stirs gossip and stares throughout the whole journey.

Just past noon you reach the town of Terrelton. Having started early, you've been upon the road approximately 5 hours, as you ride into the dusty community. The western side of the Vale is drier than the eastern end through which you entered, and as you make your way into town you are assaulted by the powerful odor of the town's eastern tanneries, coupled with the fragrance of its livestock which is quite the bouquet... for flies. People work farms along the outer edges of the town as you make your way through, and the town seems peaceful and, if not thriving at least not in danger of immediate destruction. Its about seven hours further towards Drellin's Ferry, which would push your horses roughly, though you could stay instead at one of the inns you pass by in the town, the sign of one, the Three Boars, visible already up ahead.

Eno Remnant
2016-09-26, 05:48 AM
Aeraie reins in her horse, and turns her attention to the party.

"We won't serve any purpose running the horses ragged. I suggest we give them a rest, then head on."

The side of her mouth twists into a smirk.

"After all, we can't afford to waste any time on bar wenches while we're here."

Nymiak
2016-09-27, 05:59 PM
Var looks down the road, anxious to continue.

"I can take care of the horses easily enough," he announces, reaching down to stroke his mount's mane, "I say we continue - there's no sense in delaying ourselves needlessly, especially not when this may be Tiamat we're dealing with."

Zaydos
2016-09-27, 11:36 PM
Time: ~7:30 PM. Day: 1.
Location: A few miles outside of Drellin's Ferry, the Dawn Way. Mood Music (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muSjAlKwV-s&list=PLF7C4083238F69782&index=4)

Drellin's Ferry cannot be much further, after almost half a day on the road, an exhausting ride and far worse on your horses than you. As you ride your wearied horses across the rolling farmlands, the road crests a small rise and descends into a dusty grove in a large shallow dell. An abandoned farmhouse, partially visible through the trees, stands on one side of the road. You've passed a dozen spots much like this one already today, but this one feels wrong. Then, with the exception of Zarya and Aeriaie, you glimpse the glint of mail through the brush by the side of the road. Fierce warriors - tall, hairy humanoids with wide mouths and flat faces - are lying in wait on either side of the road. With her almost super human reflexes Zuilin is the first to react, even before the surprisingly quick goblinoids.

Mood Music (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHfE682mm3c)

Mechanics: Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LMI8TNRC3oUuXe5G9U9WidGRbBYlO5egz6B0R9pFkRE/edit?usp=sharing). Steep escarpments make movement slow and rather difficult. The hobgoblins are hiding in the woods for cover and concealment adding to the difficulty further. Zarya and Aeriaie failed their spot checks and are therefore unable to act in the Surprise Round.

It is a Surprise Round, meaning 1 Move or Standard action each. Zuilin Shao is first (with an initiative of 21), followed by the hobgoblins (19), then Loni (18)/Var (3) in whatever order the two of them prefer.

During round 1, it will be Zuilin and Aeriaie, followed by the hobgoblins, and then party turn.

Edit: Remembered to get a link that let you edit the map.

Magery
2016-09-29, 04:15 AM
Zuilin's sword flickers out in a blur of motion, almost as fast as the arcing lightning that screams from its tip at the nearest hobgoblin.

Zuilin uses the Blade Arc maneuver on the closest hobgoblin to the west.

OOC: I expect to miss, between cover and concealment, but there's nothing else I can really do, so I might as well try.

It turns out you can't edit in rolls (which is kinda dumb - I get not being able to edit rolls you've already made, that makes perfect sense, but I don't get not being able to add them in at a later date. Eh. Que sera, sera), so I've added them in the OOC thread.

For ease of reference, my concealment roll was 2, my attack roll was 23, and my damage roll was 13, so I missed.

Zaydos
2016-09-29, 12:21 PM
The arcing blade scythes off the limb of a tree, and cuts into a bush, but unfortunately the warrior was not between the tree and the bush. It fires an arrow back at... not Zuilin, but Aeraie, as it shouts out, "maHvaD vIbejpu' Human! tlhegh tlhop HIvmeH!" With that phrase the other five and it raise their bows with practiced skill and fire a volley of arrows at Aeraie.

Before Aeraie's even identified the locations of all of her assailants two of their arrows have found her flesh, one grazing her arm (2 damage) the other sinking into her lower thigh (9 damage).

The humans have seen us! Attack their front line!

Mechanics: They attack Aeraie because she's in front, they have clear sight (unlike possibly to Loni), and Zuilin has reacted so the other one in breastplate is probably easier to hit.

Aeraie takes a total of 11 damage and then it's Loni/Var's single action for the surprise round, followed by Zuilin and Aeraie's first real round.

Grand Arbiter
2016-09-29, 04:50 PM
They can't shoot what they can't see.
bli usynlig

Lóni casts Invisibility. (~5 min. duration.)
[roll0]

Nymiak
2016-09-29, 08:19 PM
Var looks across the hobgoblins and calls upon Bahamut, granting himself a 30ft illumination of golden light.

Var casts Light of Mercuria. Also, if anyone drops below 10hp, he will cast Close Wounds (heal 2d4+9 HP) immediately.

Zaydos
2016-09-29, 08:30 PM
Mechanics: Surprise round is over, it's now Zuilin and Aeraie's turns.

Magery
2016-09-30, 08:05 PM
Zuilin jumps off her horse, and runs at the hobgoblin she tried to attack earlier.

She gets further than she was expecting.

As a free action, she dismounts her horse, thanks to making the DC 20 Ride check to do so. This placed her in the A5 square. As a move action, she moves from A5 to A8. By converting her standard action into another move action, she ends up in A10, adjacent to the hobgoblin.

With her swift action, she still wishes she could fly. Because flight is god damn useful.

Zaydos
2016-09-30, 08:15 PM
2 Notes: I'm going to say when you dismount a creature you end up in a space adjacent to it so you can get 1 space further. Also don't forget you can try a fast dismount (DC 20 Ride check or Dex if untrained) for further movement, even if the odds are low it costs you nothing.

Edit: Also A7 should not be super steep.

Eno Remnant
2016-10-02, 01:31 AM
Aeraie unleashes a torrent of acid at the nearest hobgoblin, and then directs her horse forward.

Aeraie uses her primary breath attack on the hobgoblin at J7 dealing [roll0] damage (DC 17 Reflex half), and then moves her horse forward 30 feet, moving at half speed by having her horse squeeze between the steep ground.

Zaydos
2016-10-02, 02:05 AM
That torrent of acid seems to be enough as the hobgoblin that spoke falls to the ground in the bushes dead or playing it. One of the others shouts "Dochvam nuq? ghotpu', nem HoH!" Even as it does a volley of four arrows fly towards Aeraie a single one sinking in (7 damage).

The hobgoblin finding itself beside Zuilin is the one exception as it does not fire its bow but instead drops it drawing a sword and slashing down at Zuilin cutting the warrior across her arm, blade slashing along her flesh (3 damage).

Even as the two groups clash a hobgoblin rushes from the abandoned farmhouse drawing a pair of shortswords. He wears lighter armor than the archers, as he dives into the underbrush moving towards the road. At his heels a dog comes running, looking something like a large, black mastiff with an issue with anger. Dark smoke seems to creep from its mouth, even as another bursts from the bushes on one side of the road running across it and up onto the hill closer to the fight.

Mechanics: Aeraie takes 7 damage, Zuilin takes 3, and another hobgoblin arrives with his... dogs.

It is now back to party turn.

Grand Arbiter
2016-10-03, 04:08 PM
Lóni dismounts from his horse, and hunkers down on the slope. Time to see if I can help...
stille bilde

Lóni dismounts to E4 and casts silent image. It is of some terrifying/unnerving shadowy sprint arising from the hobgoblin corpse at J7. If possible, this round, the illusion will be made to fly just out of reach of the hobgoblin at M10 and menace/spook it. If a specific space is necessary, L8.

Zaydos
2016-10-03, 04:50 PM
The hobgoblin sneers at the entity apparently unafraid.

Mechanics: I'm assuming something kind of like this (http://pathfinderwiki.com/mediawiki/images/thumb/a/a4/Wraith.jpg/250px-Wraith.jpg). I resolved the fear attempt via intimidate (with a +2 bonus) but which Will save it made is yet to be seen.

It is... well party turn (-Libro).

Stone_Mason
2016-10-03, 09:38 PM
Alright. Zarya will... lament how unwieldy her armour makes her and hustle the entire round, stepping off her chariot and passing around her horse.

She'll take a few diagonal moves to shift to E8, and then an entire move action just to move to E9.

Nymiak
2016-10-04, 05:43 AM
In an effort to get closer to his allies, Var moves forward behind Zarya and gestures at Aeraie, causing her wounds to close and leaving little evidence that the "dragon" ever took any damage.

Moves from BC12 to EF78 (55ft including the hampered movement if I'm counting correctly) and casts Cure Light Wounds on Aeraie, healing for [roll0] damage (that's 1d8+5 + 5 (Sacred) + 2 (Augment) )

I'm assuming I've moved correctly here - if not tell me and I'll edit in corrections.

Zaydos
2016-10-06, 11:14 PM
Mechanics: Looks correct.

Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LMI8TNRC3oUuXe5G9U9WidGRbBYlO5egz6B0R9pFkRE/edit)

That leaves Aeraie and Zuilin and then the meddling hobgoblins and their dogs too.

Magery
2016-10-07, 05:41 AM
Zuilin lashes out at the hobgoblin in front of her.

She uses the Emerald Razor maneuver, resolving her attack against the hobgoblin's touch AC.

[roll0] Attack

[roll1] Concealment (if applicable)

[roll2] Damage

OOC: Time to miss again.

Eno Remnant
2016-10-07, 05:59 AM
Aeraie draws herself into a defensive posture in the saddle.

She takes a total defence action. Also, breath recharge since I forgot it last post [roll0]

Zaydos
2016-10-07, 01:06 PM
Zuilin's sword slashes across the hobgoblin's chest causing it to loose an unhappy hiss. "Hegh Human!" It shouts trying to return the blow, but misses in the obscured underbrush. The archer confronted by the seeming wraith, snarls, and backs away from it surprised that it does not strike him, but joins the other remaining archers in their volley. Seeing Aeraie's defensive stance on the back of her horse, they fire upon Var instead, a rain of arrows striking once (6 damage), twice (9 more), thrice (5 more). Var's hand rises, voice crying out a prayer, light surrounding his body as his wounds heal and close (heals 12).

The dual-wielding hobgoblin slides down the embankment to strike at Aeraie's horse cutting deep into its flank (11 damage to your horse). Even as it whinnies in pain one of the two dogs rushes to it and mouth opening wide flames leap from the mastiff's jaws as it brings them together on the horse's shank causing it to fall to the ground (9 + 6 fire). The fatigued and mortally wounded horse collapses beneath Aeraie's form. Aeraie manages to land softly as she falls from the dying steed, but she's still on her knees facing two foes.

The other dog moves to Zuilin and releases a cone of flames from its mouth, but the human warrior woman manages to dodge the flames entirely, sheltering behind a tree for a moment, sword still ready in hand.

Mechanics: Concealment is only a 20% chance of missing, there's no way a 62 misses... unless I am redefining what 20% miss by scattering them through the range, and requiring some silly combat matrix. That said concealment makes the hobgoblin miss Zuilin and then arrows pepper the squishiest party member they can.

The hobgoblin literally cannot hurt a wraith or shadow and you can't hurt ghosts with non-magic swords is pretty common knowledge so it doesn't try, but surprisingly doesn't retreat but keeps fighting, draw from that what you will.

Zuilin evades a hell hound's fire breath, while the other hell hound and the dual-wielder try and kill Aeraie's horse because they're bad people (depending upon the result of the 1d6 damage its taken from forced march since it was last healed it could be dead, a heal check would be needed for sure). Aeraie landed softly (no damage) but is prone.

It is party turn. 8 net damage was dealt to Var.

Stone_Mason
2016-10-10, 11:42 PM
Zarya will step down the incline and around, passing by Var to engage the dual wielding hobgoblin.

Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]

EDIT: I won't AoO the wolf if it moves. I'll keep my attack for the hobgoblin, which I will AoO if it moves.

Zaydos
2016-10-11, 12:01 AM
The hobgoblin takes the blow with a sneer.

Mechanics: It's not dead (surprise). Now I wait to see where and what Aeraie is/does (and Zuilin, and Loni, and Var).

Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LMI8TNRC3oUuXe5G9U9WidGRbBYlO5egz6B0R9pFkRE/edit#gid=0) I ought to try and put it in every post.

Grand Arbiter
2016-10-11, 10:46 PM
Lóni remains out of sight and focuses on his illusion.

The spectre gives the archer one last glare, and then turns its gaze upon the dual wielding hobgoblin. It flies through the air to menace it.

The illusion will fly through the air (out of the hellhound's reach). Its destination will be whatever square would give Aeraie flanking.

Concentration roll since I probably cannot take 10
[roll0]

Edit: ...and I get a 10 on the d20. Huh.

Nymiak
2016-10-13, 01:05 PM
Var watches Aeraie's horse fall down with regret I'll do what I can for it quitely, before turning to eye down the hobgoblin and hellhound engaged in combat with Zuilin. Nudging his horse to take a few steps towards the underbrush, he breathes in - and then out. The air shimmers as he exhales, with the water in the air condensing and clinking on the now frost covered plants in his path.

Mechanical:
Var uses his breath weapon to cast a 25ft line of cold from C10 to A12 (so hitting both the hobgoblin and hellhound near Zuilin), which can be used again in [roll0] rounds.
DC14 reflex save to halve, with damage [roll1].

Also note that Var's still looking out for anyone dropping below 10hp to cast Close Wounds on.

Zaydos
2016-10-13, 04:35 PM
The hobgoblin cries out as the frigid gas burns across his form, but he manages to shield himself from the worst of the blast with one of the trees. The hound yelps out, but only its hind leg was caught, and it begins to growl still standing and ready to fight.

Even as Var's icy breath blasts his foes, a voice can be heard from something hiding near the western edge of the woods. Its words are muffled and indistinct over the sounds of battle.

It might have been a spell, but given how little of the words you could make out, it could just have been a hobgoblin spatting a curse of some sort.

Mechanics: The targets made their Reflex saves, and that brings us to Zuilin and Aeraie's turns. Then back to the hobgoblins. Also distance makes it hard for Loni to hear things.

Edit:
Hobgoblin is pretty beat up. That said they know Var is vulnerable since he cast a healing spell on himself last round.

Also note, that Var's Current HP is listed at 28 (which should be his max) and his max hp at 20 (which should be his current).

Eno Remnant
2016-10-15, 07:12 AM
Aeraie breathes a gout of acid at the evil-looking dog creature in front of her.

Damage: [roll0]

Recharge: [roll1]

Magery
2016-10-15, 07:39 AM
Zuilin's sword splits the air as she swipes at the hobgoblin in front of her.

She uses the Entropy's Edge maneuver, adding 4d6 damage to a successful attack, as well as making it ignore hardness and overcome damage reduction as if adamantine and magic.

concealment roll

[roll1] attack roll

[roll]1d10+4d6+7 damage roll

Time to fail concealment!

Zaydos
2016-10-15, 11:21 AM
The dark mastiff leaps half aside from the acid even as it repays Aeraie with its own breath weapon, a cone of flames reaching out to cover both her and Zarya, although they both easily avoid the worst of the attack (4 fire damage each DR does not apply as it's a breath weapon).

The dual-wielder scowls at the wraith, saying under its breath, "jIQoS mang. 'Iv'e'Ev Heghpu' tlhIvmo' vIlegh." Even as he speaks he weaves forward sacrificing his high ground for easier mobility, and to avoid blows from the wraith and Zarya, and stabs towards Aeraie. The point of his blade catches between plate and scale, a deep wound (10 damage to Aeraie) but the second strike is stopped by her armor.

Across the battlefield Zuilin mightily strikes down the limb of a bush, leaves wilting and falling from the shrub, and the hobgoblin counterattacks! Swinging his own longsword back at Zuilin with a guarded strike, lopping off another limb of a bush before falling back into a defensive position, shield at the ready. Even as it fights the warrior-woman, a volley of arrows screech through the air towards Var, the first arrow thuds into the road behind him, the second and third strike into him. One merely grazes, leaving a gash (5 damage to Var) the second strikes deeper (7 damage to Var). Var's quick prayer however restores his health, (13 healed), thankfully as the black mastiff tired of breathing fire at Zuilin, or angered by that icy breath, moves to attack the more lightly armored, and less agile Var. Head rising it bites Var's ankle, flame searing about the wound, good for preventing infection, but the hellish flames dance their way up to Var's thigh (6 damage + 4 additional fire damage).

Mechanics: Zuilin double missed (the fact that Zuilin and her enemy have +2 AC from trees help) as did the hobgoblin. Hellhound 1 breathed fire on Aeraie and Zarya, which was probably not very effective, unless it really hated that horse. The archers did their archery thing (by which I mean attacked Var), and Hellhound 2 got retribution for the cold breath. On the plus side the archers now get a -4 to hit Var until it moves out of melee, so either it's going to hit and run or their accuracy just got halved.

Net damage unless I'm missing a DR/energy resistance on Var is 9, which should bring him down to under half health. 4 on Zarya which should eat temp hp, and 14 on Aeraie which should bring to 36?

It should now be party turn.

Should of done this a round or so ago.

The big black mastiffs are hell hounds, evil dog-fiends from Baator. They are capable of breathing fire. They do not like the cold, and typically differ to true baatezu.

I am sorry, my soldier. I will see the necromancer dead for this.

Eno Remnant
2016-10-16, 07:21 AM
It starts as a low rumble. A growl tears itself from Aeraie's throat, and her lips part. There is an intake of breath shortly thereafter, akin to the gulp of air she inhales before releasing death upon her foes.

But instead of acid, something far more fearsome emerges - Aeraietiel roars, and it is the roar of a wrathful dragon. She speaks then, and it is in a tone like earth, like stone: it is deep and rich and it feels as though the ground trembles in kind.

"You dare strike at a dragon, mabliki? You dare to fell my companion, to pierce my flesh, to harm my jimosiig as though you have to right to even stand in my presence? I am Aeraietiel, daughter of Torvaryl the Naktar, a dragon in the guise of mortal form! Know me now and tremble, inferior creatures!"

Her arms go wide, as if challenging the hobgoblin before her to strike (OOC: If he hits her, and she can't make a Concentration check to keep casting, ignore the following). With majestic sweeps of her hands, the acolyte seems to gather energy - her hands are suffused with magic, glowing a dull green, mystical patterns tracing erratically through the emerald nimbus.

She draws the magic in close, tightening her gestures she describes an orb with her hands, and eventually clasps her palms together. They part, and within is a piece of jade, burning with green fire. She tosses it into the air, shouting violently, and it vanishes.

Only to be replaced by a hail of stone, raining down upon her foes.

Aeraie attempts to cast Hail of Stone, targeted to hit both the hobgoblin and hellhound in front of her without hitting herself or Zarya. Obviously she provokes an Attack of Opportunity, and she she get hit will require a Concentration check to keep casting. Check: [roll0]

Also, since it's up for debate whether or not Aeraie can roar like a dragon, since that could be considered deceptive and thus require a roll, here's a couple that might apply.

Perform (Oratory): [roll1]

Intimidate: [roll2]

Neither of those are made for mechanical benefit, just to roar well. I will gladly take any bonuses for having been taught to roar by her father as a child.

Also, translations of draconic words are, in order: mortals, brood and Keeper.

Zaydos
2016-10-16, 11:53 AM
The hobgoblin takes a stab at Aeraie but its blade goes wide missing the dragon-woman completely, before rocks fall and... everyone lives.

Mechanics: The hellhound is looking pretty beat up, but alive, the hobgoblin is bloodied but still in fighting shape.

Grand Arbiter
2016-10-22, 08:44 PM
Var feels the touch of an unseen hand.
bli usynlig
Dismount and move to lose the hound. Try not to be noticed.

Lóni moves to E8 and casts Invisibility on Var. (~5 min. duration.)
Hide/Move Silently if needed:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Zaydos
2016-10-22, 08:52 PM
Var vanishes into thin air, or at least seems to.

Mechanics: Seeing as how you talked (and cast a spell with verbal components) Move Silently is out the window (I will assume you whispered the tactical bit, but the verbal component still blows Move Silently).

Stone_Mason
2016-10-24, 02:27 AM
Zarya will switch targets and attack the hellhound within her reach.

Attack on Hellhound: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]

Potential AoO Attack: [roll2] Damage: [roll3]

Magery
2016-10-24, 06:31 AM
This time, Zuilin lunges forward, stabbing at the hobgoblin that still remains her opponent with a strike as precise as it is graceful.

Zuilin attacks the hobgoblin with the Emerald Razor maneuver, resolving her attack as a touch attack.

[roll0] Concealment roll

[roll1] Attack roll

[roll2] Damage roll

Guess who's probably going to miss again thanks to concealment? This guy.

I'm not actually sure if it's Zuilin's turn (I know she goes first in a round, and that Aeraie goes after her, but after that it gets blurry). But unless something drastic changes, like her target no long actually being within melee range/move-action-and-melee range, this is what she's going to do.

Zaydos
2016-10-24, 12:33 PM
Zarya's blade digs deep into the hell hounds back and it slumps to the ground with a howl. Even as he strikes it down, Zuilin's blade piercing through the hobgoblin's chest. Pulling back her blade the hobgoblin falls in a slump on the ground.

Mechanics: They're both dying. The tide of battle may be turning, we'll see after Var's turn.

On the whose turn is it... well ok there is evidence that there's a secret invisible enemy who acts between Var/Zarya and Zuilin/Aeraie, but in general it's party turn and with pbp it flows easier if you just have party turn (besides you could just hold actions to act in whatever order you wanted).

Nymiak
2016-10-24, 07:07 PM
"Garyx!" Var grunts as the hellbound gouges his ankle, the flames charring his leg. While the injury may look sever at first, a cautious observer would notice the burns receding and the wounds closing - albeit at a rather slow rate.

Not long after, Var hears Loni's voice from behind him and... vanishes. He immediately takes this opportunity to dismount from his horse before healing much of the damage he sustained.

Var is below half hp, so gets +2 hp from Fast Healing 2. He dismounts into C9 and then casts Invest Light Protection on himself.
Relevant checks:
Ride: [roll0] (for fast dismount; ever the optimist)
Hide: [roll1] (plus the bonus from invisibility, I guess)
Heal: [roll2] (gets DR and goes pretty much to full hp, I see no reason not to)

Note that if I'm wrong on how Fast Healing works (applied at end of round rather than start), then he'll cast cure Light Wounds instead, just to be safe.
Relevant roll for that case: [roll3]

As before, Var is ready to cast Close Wounds if ever relevant (range is close, so 35ft, hence all members of the party are within range), and is relieved that it will now be a lot harder for him to serve as a pin-cushion.

Garyx is the draconic deity of fire and destruction... And also happens to serve as a reasonably contextually appropriate profanity.

Zaydos
2016-10-24, 08:00 PM
Ominous chanting begins again near the house to the west, though between distance and woods it is hard to see the source.

As Var steps into a defensive position and casts his spell, the hell hound's head turns towards the sound of his voice and it steps towards him snapping at him, and biting into his leg (3 evil damage, 6 fire damage). The hobgoblin dances back a step away from Zarya, and stabs Aeraie again (10 damage), before shouting out, "DuraS-DeS lo'Ha bach!" As if on command four arrows fly towards Zarya of all people, and all missing horribly.

Mechanics: You are correct about Fast Healing, still should have cast then moved because speaking is only DC 0 (and whispering DC 15 and questionable with verbal components) to hear. That said between a 50% miss chance and -4 penalty for shooting into melee the archer's can't hit Var.

The hobgoblin dual wielder 5-ft steps and attacks Aeraie, hits with a -1 or even -3 penalty, though I was assuming -1 to damage, if it's -2 or -3 let me know and I'll fix that.

To pinpoint exact square of sound you'll need to get closer (the hell hound just moved in the general direction of the sound and then the 5-ft bit of scent activated).

Still I'd say the tide turned.

Party Turn

Magery
2016-10-25, 06:25 AM
Zuilin steps forward and unfolds into a lunge in almost the same motion, stabbing at the nearby hellhound.

As a move action (since I'm pretty sure I can't five-foot step in difficult terrain), Zuilin moves forward to B10 so she's next to the hellhound. As a standard action, she attacks it. This happens whenever applicable.

[roll0] Concealment

[roll1] Attack

[roll2] Damage

Zaydos
2016-10-25, 11:00 AM
The hound flinches and snarls, blood trickling from its flank, the large, black, mastiff turning towards Zuilin.

Mechanics: It's alive! Unless Var or Loni was dealing lethal damage to it this turn order should not matter in the least.

Also reposting map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LMI8TNRC3oUuXe5G9U9WidGRbBYlO5egz6B0R9pFkRE/edit#gid=0).

Eno Remnant
2016-10-26, 12:13 AM
Aeraie lashes at the hobgoblin before her with her claws, striking with a swift thrust to cut at its throat.

Attack: see OOC thread

Damage (if applicable): see OOC thread

Zaydos
2016-10-26, 12:21 AM
The hobgoblin takes a half leap back leaving Aeraie slashing nothing but air.

Mechanics: It's Zarya's, Var's, and Loni's turns.

Nymiak
2016-10-26, 02:40 PM
Var moves next to Loni and casts Invest Moderate Protection on Aeraie.

Mechanical:
Heal: [roll0]
Aeraie also gets DR 3/Evil for a minute, and is also healed by 2hp from having Fast Healing 2 on her round (as she was below half HP).
Also, Var moves C9 -> D8 -> F8, in case it's relevant.

Grand Arbiter
2016-10-27, 08:56 AM
Chanting? I might as well have a look...

Var and Zarya feel a faint whoosh of air as Lóni passes.

Lóni will be double moving down the road.
E8->F8->G9->H10->I11->J12->K13->L14->M15
Movement may need to be shortened if the dead horse is difficult terrain. If I somehow underestimated the distance Lóni could move, he'll move west from his current position.

Now for a list of skill checks that could be applicable...

Hide:[roll0]
Move Silently:[roll1]
Acrobatics:[roll2]
Spot:[roll3]
Listen:[roll4]
Spellcraft:[roll5](If he can hear what sounds like a spell being cast.)

Zaydos
2016-10-27, 10:53 AM
It does indeed sound like a spell, hard to determine which without seeing, but if you had to guess a summoning spell of midling power, perhaps the third of its line. The source is still hard to find, it's coming from the other side of those trees and outside the ruined farm house, though, you're fairly certain, but is well hidden.

Mechanics: It's SMIII

Stone_Mason
2016-10-31, 04:16 AM
Zarya will make an attack on the dual-wielding hobgoblin within her reach.

Attack [roll0] and damage [roll1]

Possible AoO: Attack [roll2] and damage [roll3]

Zaydos
2016-11-02, 07:09 PM
The blade sinks deep into the hobgoblin and he grimaces but does not fall. "bach!" He shouts, another volley of arrows flying towards Zarya and each missing. Then the hobgoblin pauses for a moment.

Elsewhere the hellhound lunges at Zuilin but misses badly, even as another appears beside Zarya and sidesteps him to lunge at Aeraie as a voice screeches out a command in infernal. It misses however, just as the dual-wielded does when he tries to bring his blades to bear down on Aeraie.

That's when a hobgoblin appears from thin air behind the bushes, his mouth shaping the words of a spell that washes across Zarya to no effect. Loni however can see what the others soon see, 6 more hobgoblins approaching from the west, arrows flying towards Aeraie, but all missing.

Mechanics: The enemy as a whole failed this round, though reinforcements have arrived. It is, however, party turn.

Magery
2016-11-08, 07:04 PM
Zuilin blurs into motion, striking at the hellhound once again.

Just an ordinary attack, taking advantage of Zuilin's refresh mechanic to give her back all of her maneuvers instead of only one, as this will be the second round in a row she hasn't used any.

[roll0] Concealment

[roll1] Attack

[roll2] Damage

Zaydos
2016-11-08, 11:25 PM
The sword strikes the creature in the neck, plunging through it, and with a twist and the sickening crunch of bones the fiendish hound becomes rag doll limp, its head hanging at an unnatural angle as it lays unmoving on the ground.

Mechanics He's dead Jim, or pretty close to it.

Eno Remnant
2016-11-09, 04:43 AM
Aeraie shares a look with Zarya, briefly flicking her eyes toward the trees before she slips away from the melee.

Aeraie uses the withdraw action to move to K8.

Stone_Mason
2016-11-11, 06:48 AM
Zarya will continue fighting the dual-wielding hobgoblin, keeping it busy and hopefully not following Aerie.

Attack: [roll0] and damage: [roll1]

Potential AoO:
Attack: [roll2] and damage: [roll3]

Zaydos
2016-11-11, 12:15 PM
The hobgoblin finally falls, the others looking visibly frightened at the sight.

Grand Arbiter
2016-11-14, 09:20 PM
This is getting...interesting. stille bilde

Lóni moves to I11 and casts silent image. He will endeavor to make it appear to be the ghost/spectre/spirit of the deceased dual-wielder he will be adjacent to. The illusion will move to G15. If I need to make some rolls, let me know and I'll roll in the OOC

Magery
2016-11-15, 11:18 PM
Zuilin rushes through the underbrush to attack the nearest hobgoblin, her sword flickering in the sunlight.

She spends her whole movement action to go from B10 to D13; moving diagonally southwest twice and then west once is the path that matches that movement action. She then uses the Entropy's Edge maneuver on it, which, on a successful attack, adds 4d6 damage, overcomes DR as if magic and adamantine, ignores hardness, and prevents the target from healing lethal or non-lethal damage for three rounds.

[roll0] Concealment

[roll1] Attack

[roll2] Base damage

[roll3] Maneuver damage

I had to split the damage rolls because you can't seem to string them into one roll - the last time I tried, it didn't roll any of them and nothing happened.