Wow
first
:O

Yeah, I posted even before I saw the comic.. I suck
:P

Rygar
2006-10-02, 11:38 PM
Awesome.

Screw the angry parents. Great comic. Good to see Roy didnt think only with his Trouser Titan
;D

Erloas
2006-10-02, 11:39 PM
Woot Roy kicking some demon behind

Fenian
2006-10-02, 11:39 PM
And in a cool way too xD

Wanderlust
2006-10-02, 11:40 PM
Nice one!

Hyrael
2006-10-02, 11:41 PM
Now, that was very funny.

killfxx
And the giant dwarf is...
An oxymoron

That made me laugh!

ref
Amazing strip! ;)

hehe...

(#FP: 4)

Barazon
I'm not a parent, so I guess it's ok for me to love the "Nice piercings" line! The "giant dwarf" reply was very nice, but, damn... I certainly didn't expect what Roy's final quip, and throwing away of a small object, implies. After all, he did say "piercings", and that may not be a belly-button ring.

ekimekim
And the giant dwarf is....an oxymoron!
LOVE IT!

McBish
2006-10-02, 11:42 PM
Rule #1 of D&D beware the Hot Chick.

Eloco
So dissapointed in Roy :-X

The Demented One
Successful will saves...gottta love them.

Draedan
Nice piercings? ...ouch...

I have to say, Roy has a lot more will power than I do.

Jedimonkey27
2006-10-02, 11:43 PM
Very funny! Wow this whole fight scene has been awesome. Piercings, heh. ;D

Ironers
2006-10-02, 11:45 PM
Awsome, just plain awsome. Roy's like the best fighter, ever.

BrockGarthok
2006-10-02, 11:45 PM
Excellent strip. What is the red dot thing Roy is tossing out the window? Could it be a "nice piercing"?

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-10-02, 11:46 PM
Roy is da man!

Talk about having to beat off women with a stick...

rellyjean
2006-10-02, 11:46 PM
Hooray for oxymorons! And for Roy thinking with the bigger head! (Hey, who needs a skank-fiend when you've got a hot sylph? ;) )

So, Roy and Varsuuvius are (about to be) back in play ... things are looking better than ever for Our Heroes. GO OOTS!

Edited to add: the red dot Roy is tossing away in the last frame is her ponytail holder. You can see her remove it earlier when she lets her hair down.

Esclados
2006-10-02, 11:50 PM
I came to the same conclusion on the red dot. I was hoping it was a random animal from the bag of tricks, but it looks identical to the hair-thingy.

Brickwall
Yeah, having a known access to equal-or-better quality booty adds a huge amount to Will saves.

Especially when they're powerful enough to kick your blue-armored ass. That adds even more.

Come to think of ite, I don't think he would have gone for her on a natural 1.

Deuce
Hmmmm, a seduction attempt from Sabine - I'm leaning more and more toward Demon for her . . .

Lidjis
2006-10-02, 11:51 PM
Things aren't looking so good for the guild....I thought they had everything under control with leeky handling 3 members of the order and all.

gooddragon1
2006-10-02, 11:53 PM
nice piercings lolz!
well roy is a guy after all.
EDIT: Woot! 2nd page.

Arqane
2006-10-02, 11:54 PM
The best part is that it looks like it's going to pretty much be the entire OotS team vs. Leeky. Though since it's an outside fight, with Leeky being a Druid and all, I still give it about a 50/50 shot.

Fuu
2006-10-02, 11:55 PM
Nice Will Save!, and I wouldn't bother about the parents (anyway they are reading the comic too)

DASLAYARGH
2006-10-02, 11:56 PM
Yay comics! All the comics so far are funny, heh. Good job. :D

Samiam303
2006-10-02, 11:57 PM
ROFL. Great comic, I actually laughed, and I'm not even in that good of a mood. Keep it up! ;D

Tobimaro
Successful Will Save for Roy! Gotta love it. ;D

Also, "Stupid one-minute-per-level durations." One of the things that a friend of mine does not like about 3.5 D&D.

Dhavaer
It appears that 'bumping uglies' isn't the only thing Roy thinks about. Either that, or he finds a good alignment more attractive than a good body.

androgial
hahahaha and where is your brother? cut seen to him waiting to kick demon butt. hehehe throwing sabine out the window hehehehe thats where the cue angry parents comes from. hehehe dont worry rich those who understand why wont send hate mail.

EmeraldFire
2006-10-02, 11:59 PM
Wonder if having Celia as a girlfriend gave him a bonus on his will save...

And the giant dwarf is... an oxymoron.

loved it :)

theKOT
2006-10-03, 12:00 AM
Good stuff! I liked the progression, Roy's reaction, and the attention to detail in Roy throwing the scrunchy. The joke was solid, too. 7/10

Myatar_Panwar
Great comment, and to all af you who were wondering what that thing was that roy threw out: it was the hair thing the demon took out. Remember?

edit: yes, its been confirmed, the "hair thing" was indeed a scrunche, or however you spell it.

Martok
"And the giant dwarf is...."
"An oxymoron."

"Nice piercings, though."

LOL! Brilliant! I have to say, the Giant has really been on a roll lately with the jokes. I've probably laughed more at the last several OOTS strips than I have in a looong time. Well done! 8)

Yeah, having a known access to equal-or-better quality booty adds a huge amount to Will saves.

Especially when they're powerful enough to kick your blue-armored ass. That adds even more.

Heh. That thought had crossed my mind as well.

In addition, you're forgetting another important modifier to his Will save: The sure knowledge that Haley would castrate him for fooling around with Sabine. ;)

ExHunterEmerald
2006-10-03, 12:01 AM
Aahahahahahaahaha!
Go Roy!
See that? That thing, right there? That's a down-home served-right Lawful-Good whupping.
Roy: How LG should be played.

StickMan
2006-10-03, 12:02 AM
Wow amazing strip if you know what i mean.

Hu am I right boys wow.

Minimiscience
2006-10-03, 12:05 AM
I did not see that coming.

Briarthorn
2006-10-03, 12:10 AM
Great stip! I love watching the guys kicking butts!

Now to see how Belkar gets out of his predicament. ;)

(Yay, first post!)

Solarious
2006-10-03, 12:11 AM
Roy, in his infinite wisdom, proves the old saying again.

"When in doubt, violence is the answer."

Djagir
2006-10-03, 12:11 AM
Is that a "wardrobe malfunction" in there?
>.>
<.<
o.o

Dabble
2006-10-03, 12:12 AM
I too, enjoyed the Giant Dwarf/oxymoron comment

It is nice to see Roy Avoid Temptation.

Could you imagine if it was Belkar instead of Roy??

:o

I have really been enjoying the strips.. Keep up the good Work!

charik
2006-10-03, 12:15 AM
cut seen to him waiting to kick demon butt. hehehe throwing sabine out the window hehehehe thats where the cue angry parents comes from.
Um, no.

But I loved this strip. I've actually had an NPC do something similar to escape.

rellyjean
Rule #1 of D&D beware the Hot Chick.

Absolutely. I can't be the only one who thinks Sabine's attempted seduction was just another weapon in their fight ...

The_Bug
Good boy, Roy! Kick that demon butt!

Eldritch Knight
2006-10-03, 12:17 AM
Honestly? I didn't like this one all that much. Granted, it's stil hilarious, but in my opinon, you could do better, Giant. Either way, good strip, but it's not one of my favorites.

PercyBlakeny
2006-10-03, 12:17 AM
Haha, great! Thanks for that. I've had a really cruddy day. I have a viral infection, and I need it to go away before my show on Friday... But this really cheered me up!

Flame_Drake
2006-10-03, 12:18 AM
They just don't get it... Good always kicks ass ;D

Drake

CommanderFalken
2006-10-03, 12:19 AM
Heh. That thought had crossed my mind as well.

In addition, you're forgetting another important modifier to his Will save: The sure knowledge that Haley would castrate him for fooling around with Sabine. ;)

You may have a point there.

ROFL! That was Awesome! I was surprised to hell when sabine started stripping, but Roy's response was perfect. And, if I was a LG character (or, really, good at all), that's what I'd do. Besides, if she's a succubus, doesn't she have some sort of really nasty energy drain attack that activates on passionate actions? If so, that's definitely the right choice.

Very nice giant, I love the fact that these comics are improving so immensely. It was kinda slow for a while, but its picked back up!

Felinoid
2006-10-03, 12:20 AM
... I have no words for this comic. I don't know if it's the effect of learning all the OotS board game's rules, or just the classic beauty of this strip, or more likely a combination, but my brain has simply shut down for the evening. Maybe tomorrow I'll be able to express myself adequately.

Krytha
2006-10-03, 12:25 AM
NSFW! NSFW! NSFW-o-www...

Hyrael
2006-10-03, 12:33 AM
Ah, the joyous sound of someone getting thrown out a window. I find it doubly funny, as it reminds me of a running joke at PHW comics, in which Slick gets randomly thrown out windows. Good times.

I also have to say that the Giant did a good job on Sabrine's hair. The effect is really noticable in pannel 11; look at the way it partially covers her face. I never noticed it until just now.

And wasnt it sabrine's idea to get a student wizard?

and yet another example of the lack of OotS's fourth wall. "and now they're having a big fight scene."

Rygar
2006-10-03, 12:42 AM
And wasnt it sabrine's idea to get a student wizard?

Theoretically. She said they needed a wizard soon becuas they were out of fudge ripple. What resulted was Pompei.

Tawkis
2006-10-03, 12:46 AM
Roy is quite simply, the man.

Stupid little sister. Little sister's are annoying.

5tephen
2006-10-03, 12:46 AM
Heh.

Nah- I'm a parent of a 9 year old girl who reads your comic (once I get them in print, generally, but still).

I don't think there is anything in there that she would 'get'. See, kids only pick up on what they can understand.

My daughter (that's her in the icon) will read this as: Roy beat her, she surrendered. She offered him to do whatever he wanted (i.e: threw herself on his mercy) and he threw her out the window.

What's so bad about that?

Oh, yeah. The whole merciless violence thing.
But I bet that's not what the parents you are talking about will be complaining of....

Still, ask them if they minded their child reading about Belkar cutting off Yik-yik's head and using it as a hat.

Hell- you warned everybody about this kikd of thing after Elan's Bardic nudity debut, back in Ep. 28

innovan
2006-10-03, 12:50 AM
So her wings are an enhancement that wore off as well? He could have thrown her out a window even with wings present.

And was she just trying to trick Roy, or is she really in his command? Will this lead to a very weird twist on "I Dream of Jeannie" and its unwilling, too noble and embarassed master/adoring and overwilling slave plot line?

And what happens if Roy does actually control her and commands her to battle Nale? Does she purposely lose, or do the two make hurting eachother in battle, ummm, kinky? Since Nale controlled her last, you'd figure he already very good at beating her in combat and sending her against him is a lost cause anyway.

Haggis_McCrablice
2006-10-03, 12:53 AM
My first thought on the panel when Roy chucks Sabine out the window: "The feminists are going to skin Rich alive." :-[ I mean, Batman only hangs white male criminals out windows--if he were to do that to a woman or a person of color, NOW and the NAACP would be up his Batbutt faster than you can say "Batman's batarang".

[decends from soapbox]

I must have a flthy mind: I thought that red doohickey Roy dropped on Sabine's lifeless body was a stray nipple ring. :-[

Fillbert
2006-10-03, 12:55 AM
Good job Giant. This strip was very good, even though I was kinda wishing for more of the beat the crap out of the druid action. But I loved the way this one changed gears.

kits.dm
2006-10-03, 12:58 AM
does that mean Roy has Weapon Focus (Defenestration)?

cool wordplay Giant :)

Ravenchild
2006-10-03, 12:58 AM
Good job Giant. This strip was very good, even though I was kinda wishing for more of the beat the crap out of the druid action. But I loved the way this one changed gears.

Druids pwn you, you fuzzy red nut >:(.

ohhh and defenestration is always good for a laugh.

khalid
2006-10-03, 01:05 AM
Wait, didn't Haley used this seduction trick on the goblin kid?

Argus
2006-10-03, 01:05 AM
So her wings are an enhancement that wore off as well? He could have thrown her out a window even with wings present.

No, she just changed her form, figuring that wings and any other reminders of her non-human nature would be a turn-off for Roy.

McDeath
2006-10-03, 01:06 AM
Man, this strip was good. A little more of Roy's tactical mind revealed, and Sabine finally gets smacked for being an evil succubus who wears red leather and schoolgirl outfits.

Tiberian
2006-10-03, 01:08 AM
So wrong...yet, so good.

TinSoldier
2006-10-03, 01:09 AM
This one was okay. I liked the "Giant Dwarf" comment. I knew once Sabine was trying to seduce Roy that it wouldn't work. The artwork is very good as usual. I see this strip as just moving along the story. 6/10.

Krytha
2006-10-03, 01:10 AM
Hmmm... the succubus vs. sylph debate rages on! Although it was almost certainly a trick... Celia must be really RAWR..

Devils_Advocate
2006-10-03, 01:12 AM
It appears that 'bumping uglies' isn't the only thing Roy thinks about. Either that, or he finds a good alignment more attractive than a good body.
Or he doesn't trust and isn't about to touch someone who was just trying to kill him and has evil energy draining powers. (Except, y'know, to punch her in the face.)

Or all three.

Hell- you warned everybody about this kikd of thing after Elan's Bardic nudity debut, back in Ep. 28
I'd say that it's been pretty clear that this isn't a PG comic since the hot dwarf-on-dwarf action.

And Roy is being a good role model here by refusing to let the hot fiend chick seduce him. (Of course, I expect no less from Roy.)

Wanderer
2006-10-03, 01:17 AM
Seriously, who's going to fall for the "Oh you've beaten me, you're so STRONG, oh I'll be yours and do whatever you want" routine anymore? Especially with a monster that has at least one touch attack? Roy made the perfect response: attack her while she's busy not fighting you.

Ulrich_Brew
2006-10-03, 01:17 AM
That made me smile.

EloquentRune
2006-10-03, 01:19 AM
that was great i have yet to be disapointed by The Giants brilliance

chionophile
2006-10-03, 01:19 AM
Awesome comic.

Is this the first time Rich has done a behind the shoulder shot like the one in the third to last panel? I can't remember any other strips with that kind of three-dimensionality.

Gryndel
2006-10-03, 01:21 AM
Love this comic, and decided to join the forum too. It always brings a chuckle, if not guffaws of laughter.

Giant dwarf.. oxymoron indeed!

BTW, the little red bead appears to be the one she took from her hair. ::)

sun_tzu
2006-10-03, 01:24 AM
Roy...rules. No doubt about it. ;D

oowatie
2006-10-03, 01:30 AM
Go Roy!!

Celia would be so proud... :D

wagomorph
2006-10-03, 01:32 AM

Patience, Grasshopper.

ThorFluff
2006-10-03, 01:33 AM
´"nice piercings though"
OUCH!
dang that rocked, kudos giant!

denelian
2006-10-03, 01:34 AM
someone (haggis?) said
"My first thought on the panel when Roy chucks Sabine out the window: "The feminists are going to skin Rich alive.""

as a feminst, i feel that men and women are equal. that means that if i have been beating the **** out of a guy, he has EVERY RIGHT to hit me back..

that is what being equal is all about.

and besides, its always a pleasure to see a guy who goes for Smart (celia is in law school, remember) rather than Sexy (because, well, what succubus/eranies or however it is spelled ISN'T)...

so, w00t, roy is cool *G*

edit - i was confused by "spoon", until i went and re-read the rules. i appologize for the use of language that is caught by the filter, and invite one and all to replace "spoon" with "snot".

Illsbane
2006-10-03, 01:38 AM
Heh ... Finally, Miko has proven her worth; it's probably partially thanks to her that Roy learned to think about females of any species with his brain, rather than other parts. ^^ Of course, Sabine being a malicious fiend from the underworld probably didn't help her case any, either.

rellyjean
2006-10-03, 01:38 AM
My first thought on the panel when Roy chucks Sabine out the window: "The feminists are going to skin Rich alive." :-[ I mean, Batman only hangs white male criminals out windows--if he were to do that to a woman or a person of color, NOW and the NAACP would be up his Batbutt faster than you can say "Batman's batarang".

Nope, you've got it the wrong way around as far as I can tell. Most of the feminists I know of (self included) are pissed about that kind of thing. And of course the cliched old "only the girlfriend sidekick can fistfight the Evil Girl, and they just have a slap-fight, not a REAL one." I don't know of a single feminist who'd have a problem with Roy knocking Sabine out a window.

Nerd-o-rama
2006-10-03, 01:45 AM
Ah, finally there's a male adventurer that doesn't fall for that. He had to go through weeks of getting shot down, two sex changes, and a fling with a fairy lawyer to not fall for it, but at least he's arrived at that point.

So right now we have:

Roy vs. Sabine: Roy wins.
CoDzilla vs. Steel CoDzilla: in progress.
Belkar fleeing from Yokyok...I have a theory on this one, but it might be too derivative of Princess Bride.
V unconscious until Julia gets through BGI: Battle Grid Investigators.
Haley vs. the bird: in progress.
Elan unconscious.

Any bets on which thread we work on next?

Jefepato
2006-10-03, 02:01 AM
Honestly, Roy would have had to be a total moron to really fall for that one. Sabine's most dangerous attacks don't involve buff spells at all.

EvilRoeSlade
2006-10-03, 02:04 AM
Any bets on which thread we work on next?

My bet: Roy vs. Pompey. And I bet it's going to be a quick one, too.

Nighthawk4
2006-10-03, 02:06 AM
Despite the line about piercings, I think the object thrown out of the window is Sabine's hair scrunchy, not a piercing.

Nice comic anyway - especially the one about the giant dwarf. ;)

KeiranHalcyon
2006-10-03, 02:30 AM
This comic illustrates why I couldn't be a paladin IRL. I'd be demoted for "consorting" with evil. ;)

"Nice piercings, though." How delightfully devilish (or demonic?) of you....

Roy, in his infinite wisdom, proves the old saying again.

"When in doubt, violence is the answer."

To which I reply, "Physical violence is not the answer! Magical violence is!" (Even though you didn't specify which.)

Kesnit
2006-10-03, 02:44 AM
I see what I get for reading the strip at 2:30AM. I thought the "piercings" referred to the glass that got stuck in her as Roy threw her out the window.

Sebastian
2006-10-03, 02:45 AM
After Julia's little recap I'd say that whichever plan Nale was plotting for Elan is definetly FUBARed.

Oh, And Roy is DA MAN!! :thumbs up:

CockroachTeaParty
2006-10-03, 02:59 AM
And I thought the whole Hilgya escapade was scandalous... this strip is getting SAUCY!

Sebastian
2006-10-03, 03:08 AM

And was she just trying to trick Roy, or is she really in his command? Will this lead to a very weird twist on "I Dream of Jeannie" and its unwilling, too noble and embarassed master/adoring and overwilling slave plot line?

And what happens if Roy does actually control her and commands her to battle Nate? Does she purposely lose, or do the two make hurting eachother in battle, ummm, kinky? Since Nate controlled her last, you'd figure he already very good at beating her in combat and sending her against him is a lost cause anyway.
She used her natural polymorph (or whatever is called now) to remove the wings to look more attractive.
And Nale didn't defeated her in combat. Her masters send her to him because he show to be promising in evilness.

Ronald_saveloy
2006-10-03, 03:09 AM
Do you think, Roy had to roll a sense motive check to not fall for Sabines attempt of seduction?

Sebastian
2006-10-03, 03:13 AM
Seriously, who's going to fall for the "Oh you've beaten me, you're so STRONG, oh I'll be yours and do whatever you want" routine anymore? Especially with a monster that has at least one touch attack? Roy made the perfect response: attack her while she's busy not fighting you.
Actually the "you beat me, I have to serve you" is standard stuff for succubi and c. (even if I'm not sure that it is not a trick here) there is to say that even in the best case they'll try to turn you to evil via suggestions. manipulation and outright lies (pillow talk is a powerful weapon).

Ikkitosen
2006-10-03, 03:17 AM
That's...that's pretty hot. And a cool response from Roy ;D

Sebastian
2006-10-03, 03:19 AM
and besides, its always a pleasure to see a guy who goes for Smart (celia is in law school, remember) rather than Sexy (because, well, what succubus/eranies or however it is spelled ISN'T)...

What you mean "rather"? Celia is Smart AND Sexy. :D

Sebastian
2006-10-03, 03:20 AM
Honestly, Roy would have had to be a total moron to really fall for that one. Sabine's most dangerous attacks don't involve buff spells at all.

Eh, eh 'buff'. ;)

Sebastian
2006-10-03, 03:21 AM
Successful Will Save for Roy! Gotta love it. ;D

Also, "Stupid one-minute-per-level durations." One of the things that a friend of mine does not like about 3.5 D&D.
That is one of the changes I liked less. It makes most of the spells combat-only (and single-combat to make it worse) and D&D was already too combat oriented in the previous versions for my tastes

Sebastian
2006-10-03, 03:22 AM
And about the piercings, I think Roy is talking about something that we can't see from our side. ;)

Miklus
2006-10-03, 03:27 AM
Bwahahaha! One of the best strips yet.

And you americans are wierd!
Chop someones head of: OK :-X
Show a nipple: BIG NO-NO! :-[

Behold_the_Void
2006-10-03, 03:28 AM
I liked that one a lot, very good.

Fishybugs
2006-10-03, 03:52 AM
It will be interesting to see if anything more comes of the Sabine/Roy storyline.

Is she going to stalk him, because her nature says that she belongs to him, or try to kill him from her feelings of being rejected?

jedihamster
2006-10-03, 03:54 AM
Now I really loved this comic, but it doesn't make vertical sense!

If I recall correctly, Roy entered the warehouse at ground level. After being attacked, he crashed into the basement of the warehouse, which is clear by the act of Julia's kicking the sword down to Roy. Yet in the end, Sabine is defenestrated well above ground level.

Now obviously, Roy could have just picked Sabine up, walked a few flights of stairs, and thrown her out of a window, but that doesn't seem to make sense given the circumstances. (i.e. he could've found an equally suitable punishment without having to exert himself)

Sorry to be such a hardass, giant. I'm only posting because I care so much about this comic.

The Glitter Ninja
2006-10-03, 03:59 AM
I think that the piercing was definitely a nipple piercing, since it seems some of you were wondering about it. Ouch. That's gotta hurt.

Sebastian
2006-10-03, 04:01 AM

If I recall correctly, Roy entered the warehouse at ground level. After being attacked, he crashed into the basement of the warehouse, which is clear by the act of Julia's kicking the sword down to Roy. Yet in the end, Sabine is defenestrated well above ground level.

Now obviously, Roy could have just picked Sabine up, walked a few flights of stairs, and thrown her out of a window, but that doesn't seem to make sense given the circumstances. (i.e. he could've found an equally suitable punishment without having to exert himself)

Sorry to be such a hardass, giant. I'm only posting because I care so much about this comic.

They fought for several minutes (enough to make the spells wear off) in the meanwhile they could have gone everywhere in the building.

And for other question like this akways remember the golden rule.

"If there is something you don't understand a wizard did it" ;D

spectralphoenix
2006-10-03, 04:03 AM
No head butt sneak attack for Sabine?

TheFallenOne
2006-10-03, 05:10 AM
Roy did the right thing. If he fell for it Sabine would have used her energy drain where it really hurts

Solmage
2006-10-03, 05:55 AM
Roy did the right thing. If he fell for it Sabine would have used her energy drain where it really hurts

Hehe. Well, he did the right thing because he's with Celia, (and isn't a moron to fall for such an obvious trap/made his will save vs hotseminakedchick with a -5 open shirt penalty ;))

Having said that, the little devil did look very hot :D

Sir_Norbert
2006-10-03, 06:02 AM

Possible explanation: the ground isn't level and the basement has a back window that's above the ground at the back of the warehouse.

The Glyphstone
2006-10-03, 06:11 AM

Too true, too true. I've lived here for years, and I still doubt I'll ever understand our culture...but that's OT...

another mindless sycophant reporting in, awesome comic!

J-Star
2006-10-03, 06:36 AM
Ok... while Rich has everyone dazzled wth oxymorons and the piercings of stripping demonsesses/she-devils - and quite effectively so - I am sort of stumped by Panel 1. What gnome? What kobold? Ok so we have an evil gnome druid in the city... but is he really part of Nale's gang? And what kobold? Didn't Belkar make a head-piece of Nale's kobold companion? ( Ooooh, I made a two-word alliteration, go me! :P )

What did I miss?

/J

Noneoyabizzness
2006-10-03, 06:48 AM
wow

that encourages morality in the next generation

kids, be like roy. say no to premarital sex with nether fiends

endoperez
2006-10-03, 06:49 AM
Ok... while Rich has everyone dazzled wth oxymorons and the piercings of stripping demonsesses/she-devils - and quite effectively so - I am sort of stumped by Panel 1. What gnome? What kobold? Ok so we have an evil gnome druid in the city... but is he really part of Nale's gang? And what kobold? Didn't Belkar make a head-piece of Nale's kobold companion? ( Ooooh, I made a two-word alliteration, go me! :P )

What did I miss?

/J

Stripd 348.
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0348.html

Also, look at the Gnome Druid. Compare him to Durkon.
Small race? Check
Divine casters? Check
Likes trees - hates trees? Check
Same color scheme? Check (the EXACT same colors used, just as with the half-elf Pompei and V)
Combat form with the help of class abilities? Check

All that can't be just by chance.

Also, great strip! I must also confess I thought the "piercings" line went completely over my head. It wasn't until reading this thread I realized it.

The "An oxymoron." line was great. I laughed! I like the 3d-effect from behind Sabine, once it was pointed to me. It fits the style very well. The broken glass looks very good. I like the KEEYSH!!! and WHURNK!

Roy's hand looks too long in the last panel, though.

Zeb The Troll
2006-10-03, 06:50 AM

What did I miss?

/J
Doesn't look like you missed anything. Looks like you read the panel where Rich undeniably answers the forum speculation about whether or not either YokYok (the son of Nale's previous kobold companion which was indeed made into stylish headgear for Belkar) or Leeky (the aforementioned evil druid in the park) are actually part of the LG or just some baddies that showed up in Cliffport to ruin the OotS's day.

Julia is in a position to have seen each of the members of the LG since she was captured by them two weeks ago and has travelled with them from her school to here. She doesn't have to speculate. She gets to declare.

Zeb

Dispozition
2006-10-03, 06:52 AM
Giant...That...Was...Awsome!!!

Zoe's hair was totally awesome. I don't know hoy you did that...And the strip was just funny.

Keep up the great work.

J-Star
2006-10-03, 07:23 AM
Doesn't look like you missed anything. Looks like you read the panel where Rich undeniably answers the forum speculation about whether or not either YokYok (the son of Nale's previous kobold companion which was indeed made into stylish headgear for Belkar) or Leeky (the aforementioned evil druid in the park) are actually part of the LG or just some baddies that showed up in Cliffport to ruin the OotS's day.

Julia is in a position to have seen each of the members of the LG since she was captured by them two weeks ago and has travelled with them from her school to here. She doesn't have to speculate. She gets to declare.

Zeb
Hm... that makes sense. Thanks. :)

/J

DArKandEViL
2006-10-03, 07:34 AM
Is that a yo-yo in the last Panel? ::)

SteveMB
2006-10-03, 07:38 AM
And Julia's the one who would know, having (probably) had a chance to see all her captors over the past two weeks.

Kanashimi
2006-10-03, 07:54 AM
wow. . . umm, yeah. that's about it. . . wow. Of course, we didn't see a navel piercing on Sabine, so what on earth does she have pierced? ummm, right. He just noticed her tongue piercing and, ummm, conch? right. that's it.

Go Roy, though for taking the opportunity to see some of the goods before tossing her out of a window. Like she wouldn't have just used that opportunity to inflict further injury on him, but at least he got an eyeful first.

Oh, and giant dwarf. very funny.

Final note: Hooray for Side-Boobs! (Especially that side!)

Blaznak
2006-10-03, 08:12 AM
Possible explanation: the ground isn't level and the basement has a back window that's above the ground at the back of the warehouse.

Possible other solution... their fight went all over the warehouse. No reason it could NOT have gone back upstairs (especially since Sabine flies...).

Just a thought.

ANYWAYS I really enjoyed this strip. My only issue was the layout of 2D comics combined with the need of using a mouse to view the comic allowed me to get a glimpse of the "punch" line before reading the couple of panels preceding it. Sigh.

Oh, and Roy delivers a "punch" line. Hee hee...

Anyways, I've really enjoyed this series quite a bit!

Thanks!

Serina_Spellbinder
2006-10-03, 08:13 AM
LOL!!

Nothing like a good defenestration to start my day. ;D

fithi
2006-10-03, 08:18 AM
Amusing.

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next.

EmeraldRose
2006-10-03, 08:47 AM
I haven't read all the other posts yet, but I loved the fact that Roy tossed away her...um...ring after tossing her out the window. Makes you wonder exactly what handhold he used to toss her with.

Also...oxymorons are great!

This certainly takes care of a few possibilities readers have been thinking of for Nale's plans ::)

EDIT: Aw man, not a piercing? but that would have been sooooo much funnier!!! :'(

Woodlock
2006-10-03, 08:50 AM
Go Roy!!

Now where did that elf slip off too? :D

kyrin
2006-10-03, 08:59 AM
Do you think, Roy had to roll a sense motive check to not fall for Sabines attempt of seduction?

Actually, I think it's more like he made his Will save against her use of Suggestion. But there may have also been a Diplomacy vs. Sense Motive roll to create a Will save modifier.

Succubi rule!

JIM
aka kyrin

SteveMB
2006-10-03, 09:05 AM
Awesome comic.

Is this the first time Rich has done a behind the shoulder shot like the one in the third to last panel? I can't remember any other strips with that kind of three-dimensionality.
There was a similar shot (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0270.html) in the fight between Miko and Belkar.

charik
2006-10-03, 09:09 AM
Oh, and Roy delivers a "punch" line. Hee hee...
Too bad it's just a throw-away joke.
ducks and covers

Papa_Bitterleaf
2006-10-03, 09:26 AM
Great comic, Giant. The humor was sharp and the dialogue witty.

Kudos.

firespitter
2006-10-03, 09:40 AM
Love the strip. Now I need to go see my therapist about my addiction to reading stick figure comic strips. I had my appointment last week bumped due to some emergency he had with a distraught Flumph. ;)

baltor85
2006-10-03, 09:51 AM
Yes, Roy's smarter when he doesn't think with his trouser titan.
I wonder what floor they were on...

Deuce
2006-10-03, 10:02 AM
It will be interesting to see if anything more comes of the Sabine/Roy storyline.

Is she going to stalk him, because her nature says that she belongs to him, or try to kill him from her feelings of being rejected?

Why choose? Let her do both! She could be like Kato in the Pink Panther movies . . .

woc33
2006-10-03, 10:19 AM
come on guys, the red thing roy throws isnt the piercing, its just what held her hair/ when he's talking about the piercing he's refering to the bottom left panel where she takes off her shirt (and we can't see what he sees)...

anyway, great comic giant! Oxymoron, LOL :D

Heloisa
2006-10-03, 10:25 AM
An oxymoron!

Hooray!

And of course, nice piercings... ;D

Oh so good!

OzymandiasVolt
2006-10-03, 10:28 AM
...and THAT is the correct way to respond to the situation. Very nice. ;D

Sir_Norbert
2006-10-03, 10:29 AM
Possible other solution... their fight went all over the warehouse. No reason it could NOT have gone back upstairs (especially since Sabine flies...).
But compare the background to #342 -- it doesn't look like the upstairs floor.

Just a thought
Honestly! Do you really think I'm going to attack you just because you have a different opinion from me? :P

Felinoid
2006-10-03, 10:41 AM
Re-reading it today, I can still only think of one thing to say. "Way to go, Roy." ;D That takes some serious willpower.

bosssmiley
2006-10-03, 10:48 AM
Don't see how it takes willpower to defenestrate some half-demon who was trying to kill you not 2 minutes earlier. Sounds like commonsense to me. :-/

Roy rocks! Hope someday he'll find a girl who isn't a psycho. ;D

nybbler
2006-10-03, 10:49 AM
Seriously, who's going to fall for the "Oh you've beaten me, you're so STRONG, oh I'll be yours and do whatever you want" routine anymore?

Elan?

Belkar? Though he'd just pretend to fall for it hoping to get some nookie in before trying to betray her first. STAB! LEVEL DRAIN! "Hey!" "Hello! Evil!" "Jinx!".

Varian7
2006-10-03, 10:50 AM
"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" takes on a whole new meaning with this strip! I think Roy just made a serious mortal enemy out of Sabine for rejecting her advances, even if they were just a ploy to completely drain him of life energy. Good for Roy for staying loyal to Celia though. Go Roy!

Hyrael
2006-10-03, 10:54 AM
Hmmm... the succubus vs. sylph debate rages on! Although it was almost certainly a trick... Celia must be really RAWR..
My theory is that Roy has a taste for "exotic" women.
Miko: oriental-looking
Celia: air elemental (wings, super-pale, impossibly white hair)
Sabrine might have had better luck if she kept the wings. Or at least the horns and the tail. ;D

No, seriously, Roy has a high inteligence and a high enough wisdom to see through that, plus sabrine being evil, his lawful-goodness, his experience with miko reminding him not to think with his 'trouser titan,' his relationship with celia (he's lawful), plus the fact that she just nearly beat the crap out of him probably worked to counter sabrine's hotness and the massive power rush.

Akiosama
2006-10-03, 10:58 AM
Very good comic, Rich.

Just thought of something - Celia is one other way that the Order is 'opposite' of the Linear Guild...

The leader of the Order is going out with a good Outsider who is not part of the Order, while the leader of the Linear Guild is going out with an evil Outsider who is part of the Guild.

Intentional? We may never know.

Dun-dun-DUNN!!

Anyhow, good job, Rich, yet again!

Akio

Warder
2006-10-03, 10:59 AM
Had to register just to comment on this comic - not because I think Roy requires any kind of willpower to resist that offer, but because his expression in the bottom left panel is priceless. "Anything I want, you say?" :)

Akiosama
2006-10-03, 11:01 AM
Had to register just to comment on this comic - not because I think Roy requires any kind of willpower to resist that offer, but because his expression in the bottom left panel is priceless. "Anything I want, you say?" :)

Despite the fact that it looks like Sabine is flashing him? ;D

That's pretty willpower-heavy work in my book. But then again... I'm not one who enjoys getting beat up by my partner... I don't think. 8)

My 2 yen,

Akio

PePe QuiCoSE
2006-10-03, 11:11 AM
10 pages of replies and nobody mentioned "the life of david gale".

Krytha
2006-10-03, 11:14 AM
Don't see how it takes willpower to defenestrate some half-demon who was trying to kill you not 2 minutes earlier. Sounds like commonsense to me. :-/

Roy rocks! Hope someday he'll find a girl who isn't a psycho. ;D

um... like Celia?

OzymandiasVolt
2006-10-03, 11:20 AM
Sure, it requires a lot of willpower...if you have no short-term or long-term memory, or any kind of morality that prevents you from sleeping with a demon you barely know that's been trying to kill you for a long time and you've finally defeated. <_<

Aerysil1
2006-10-03, 11:20 AM
Way to go, Roy.

I was worried there, for a second.

I'm having a little trouble figuring out what "WHURNK" means. Did she land on a car horn?

Felinoid
2006-10-03, 11:38 AM
Sure, it requires a lot of willpower...if you have no short-term or long-term memory, ...

Isn't that pretty much how Charm abilities work? :P I mean, come on, if you can use Charm Person on someone you've just been beating the crap out of, the same should apply when cast on a protagonist. It's the same spell. PCs are usually going to have better saves than your typical NPC, but that's the willpower part.

Haarculaneaum
2006-10-03, 11:50 AM
Julia's belt is, indeed, back.

Also, Ravenchild, I'm with Fillbert -- damn hippy tree huggers.

Haar

ps VOTE FOR MY PIRRRATE

Kanashimi
2006-10-03, 11:53 AM
I'm not sure it necessarily took that much willpower for him to resist sabine. She's evil, and he has a wonderful sylph waiting for him. Something tells me he'd rather be with someone who doesn't drain levels during intercourse.

Ravenchild
2006-10-03, 11:54 AM
Also, Ravenchild, I'm with Fillbert -- damn hippy tree huggers.
ps VOTE FOR MY PIRRRATE

ummm I think your thinking of wiccans :P

Us druids eat hippies for they are prey animals >:(

Haarculaneaum
2006-10-03, 12:02 PM
No no, I'm sure I mean druids.
I still think a well-placed disintegrate would've taken care of the entire situation.

Kanashimi--Roy certainly wouldn't want his "precious bodily fluids drained" -- not when he's got his finger on the button (and besides, I can't imagine Belkar riding a bomb on Azure City. . . well, maybe I can).

Strangelovingly,
Haar

Fishybugs
2006-10-03, 12:04 PM
Way to go, Roy.

I was worried there, for a second.

I'm having a little trouble figuring out what "WHURNK" means. Did she land on a car horn?

If history is any indicator, (and we know he's in the area) maybe a distraught Flumph?

Renegade Paladin
2006-10-03, 12:17 PM
What's with everyone thinking Roy was referring to anything other than all the times he pierced Sabine with that big honkin' greatsword he's carrying? :P That or maybe all the broken glass. It's the obvious reference, and a great play on words at that. ;D

cyberchihuahua
2006-10-03, 12:31 PM
>.>
<.<
o.o

Um, yes. I think thats what the giant was wrning about. Last panel, second row.

Did that really get missed?

Elurindel
2006-10-03, 01:07 PM
Nice piercings? ...ouch...

I have to say, Roy has a lot more will power than I do.

When you've had a girl partially drain your life essence from you, and then offers for you to manhandle her, it's not actually that hard to think back to the time she was attempting to rip you apart, no matter how she lets her hair out...and starts undressing...
Love the comic, though. Go Roy! Love to see how he's taken a turn for the better.

Cain2005
2006-10-03, 01:12 PM
My hat, or hood as the case may be is off to Roy.

Another great Comic from the giant

ampcptlogic
2006-10-03, 01:49 PM
I'll be thoroughly amused if the Whurnk is Sabine falling on the Druid. Or the Flumph.

Elcaz
2006-10-03, 01:53 PM
Excellent comic, Giant.

Now where are the rocket skates? Or the giant anvil? Will we be getting any of those soon? ;D

pendrake40
2006-10-03, 02:01 PM
I think it also helps that Roy has a cute sylph attorney waiting for him at the end of the quest to resist such temptations (especially for a Lawful Good persona).

Regardless, I generally also proscribe to the Malcom Reynolds philosophy...

"If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill them right back!"

Kruul
2006-10-03, 02:05 PM
Woohooo! Finally some real action! Plus if parents complain they should have known... I bet Disney.com doesnt have anything sexual, I mean sure, it's run by racists... PRUDE racists nontheless.

kamoo
2006-10-03, 02:11 PM
Awesome comic.

here's a good one http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0242.html

Haarculaneaum
2006-10-03, 02:13 PM
Interesting you should bring that up.
I have Song of the South on DVD (ripped from a Japanese Laserdisc) and am willing to share.

In related news -- Giant, what's up with that disappearing/reappearing green belt of Julia's?

In other related news -- ADMIRAL QUICKBEAM (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=Contests;action=display;num=11597154 34)

Haar

Warder
2006-10-03, 03:06 PM
Excellent comic, Giant.

Now where are the rocket skates? Or the giant anvil? Will we be getting any of those soon? ;D

The rocket skates have already been used in #257 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0257.html) :)

Daedrous Avari
2006-10-03, 03:16 PM
:D Heh heh heh.

imageek
2006-10-03, 03:31 PM
i found this one slightly below my average amount of hysterical laughter when reading the new oots ;D

but very amusing newertheless ;D

geek

Sky_Schemer
2006-10-03, 04:00 PM
If history is any indicator, (and we know he's in the area) maybe a distraught Flumph?

*chuckles*

Great idea, though history suggests that landing on flumphs causes a *splat* (and one *crash* in #346, though perhaps that was the roof and not the flumph).

rellyjean
2006-10-03, 04:29 PM
Wow, hang on a sec. Julia says to the cops that it was two weeks ago that she was kidnapped.

That was strip #257 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0257.html).

The trial in Azure City, learning about the Snarl, Miko vs. Belkar, the New Year's celebrations, the trip to the Oracle and back - that's all been two weeks!??

Now I'm curious how long it's been since Comic #1.

epalmer
2006-10-03, 04:39 PM
Great stip! I love watching the guys kicking butts!

Now to see how Belkar gets out of his predicament. ;)

My bet is that Belkar will run until he is out of the city, the kick its butt!

ampcptlogic
2006-10-03, 04:42 PM
That's about 50 strips covering about two weeks. If the flow of time is average across these strips (and it might not be due to the trial), that's a 25 strips to cover a week, or about three strips for each day that has passed. With 355 strips at 3 strips a day, that would make the whole adventure about three months long. But since everything goes at the speed of plot, I could be totally wrong.

Winged One
2006-10-03, 04:44 PM
Defenestration of Justice! ;D

Kaeri
2006-10-03, 04:47 PM
Looks like i'm another of the readers who ended up joining due to one of the strips - this ones ace.

Go Roy - Worth a try on Sabines part tho :P

First laugh i've had all day - carry on giant

EDIT: And i'm a parent (abeit of a very mini person) and i loved the comic - Dont think there should be any problems with them or the females :)

KeiranHalcyon
2006-10-03, 05:25 PM

That only applies to female nipples. We saw Elan's nipples when he was... invisible....

Also, the only beheadings in OOTS I recall off hand have been those of undead, or goblins. And we all know that goblins don't count, because they have green skin, and fangs, and we don't. ;) (Oh, and the hydra. Same reasoning as the golblins, actually.)

But in general, I agree. It's like Stan said, "I guess parents don't give a crap about violence if there's sex things to worry about."

Wow, hang on a sec. Julia says to the cops that it was two weeks ago that she was kidnapped.

That was strip #257 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0257.html).

The trial in Azure City, learning about the Snarl, Miko vs. Belkar, the New Year's celebrations, the trip to the Oracle and back - that's all been two weeks!??

Now I'm curious how long it's been since Comic #1.
Actually, I'm fairly sure that the two weeks was spent almost entirely in the trip from Azure City to the Oracle and back.

ampcptlogic
2006-10-03, 05:33 PM
Actually, I'm fairly sure that the two weeks was spent almost entirely in the trip from Azure City to the Oracle and back.

I can buy that. That would make it 38 strips in two weeks. Which kind of makes sense given the 38 strips comment in #349: http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0349.html. So, the whole adventure has been taking place over a period of 3-5 months?

Argus
2006-10-03, 05:38 PM
Go Roy, though for taking the opportunity to see some of the goods before tossing her out of a window. Like she wouldn't have just used that opportunity to inflict further injury on him, but at least he got an eyeful first.
For that matter, passing that up might have given her an attacking of opportunity and definitely would have made his bluff fail.

Actis
2006-10-03, 05:41 PM
Actually, I think that particular comment on Roy's side refers to the 38 strips spent searching for the starmetal.

More than that, I'm pretty sure.

-----

Great Comic, Giant!

ampcptlogic
2006-10-03, 05:52 PM
Actually, I think that particular comment on Roy's side refers to the 38 strips spent searching for the starmetal.

I was trying to use that sidequest and number of strips devoted to it as a measure of time. I could understand Roy getting pissed off about a two-week delay (or longer) in the main quest.

hat
2006-10-03, 06:18 PM
Roy must be gay......maybe he would have relented had Sabine been an Incubus :)

the_tick_rules
2006-10-03, 06:31 PM
well so long sabine huh. wonder why she didn't fly when he threw her out the window?

Nightfall
2006-10-03, 06:35 PM
I SOOO hope Sabine falls on the Druid! ;)

EscherEnigma
2006-10-03, 06:40 PM
Roy must be gay......maybe he would have relented had Sabine been an Incubus :)

... wha?

Just cause a guy doesn't go for the slutty demon chick means he's gay? The whole "I just tried to kill you and all your friends" part has nothing to do with it?

Hyrael
2006-10-03, 07:01 PM
well so long sabine huh. wonder why she didn't fly when he threw her out the window?
Ever been picked up suddenly and thrown out a window? especialy when you were expecting something VERY different? well, neither have I, but I expect that you wind up being a bit sjocked by it. Kind of hard to think in that situation. besides, she morphed her wings away; getting them back would have required a standard action

another point: it was funnier this way.

the_tick_rules
2006-10-03, 07:05 PM
very true Escher. It seems these days if your a guy and aren't trying to sleep with women at EVERY opportunity people think your gay. I'm not chasing women because I'm tired of trying to be close (not always physically) with them but only getting them saying how nice I am, sleeping with a frat boy who dumps them after a week, then coming to me for comfort. It doesn't mean i'm into men. But this is going beyond OOTS so i'll stop here

taraxia
2006-10-03, 07:11 PM

No, she used Change Shape -- a standard succubus ability -- to assume a human shape, just like the shape we first saw her in when the Guild was introduced.

It is pretty clear by now that she's a succubus and therefore Chaotic (Haley's arrows were silver and cold iron, but silver has no effect on erinyes, unlike other devils, while cold iron does hurt succubi). It's a good thing Roy didn't sleep with her, as that would have inevitably led to him being energy drained.

taraxia
2006-10-03, 07:15 PM
Roy isn't just being noble here, he's also just avoiding being incredibly stupid. I mean, his conversation with Sabine has confirmed that she's deeply in love with Nale and devoted to him -- she wouldn't suddenly turn her back on that just because Roy beat her in a fight. Especially since she wasn't actually *beaten* at that point, just unable to overcome Roy physically.

And even if Roy is unable to make a Knowledge (religion) check about the matter, it doesn't take a religious genius to know that bad things tend to happen when you sleep with demons.

malcolm
2006-10-03, 07:28 PM
And even if Roy is unable to make a Knowledge (religion) check about the matter, it doesn't take a religious genius to know that bad things tend to happen when you sleep with demons.

So far so good!

taraxia
2006-10-03, 07:28 PM
What you mean "rather"? Celia is Smart AND Sexy. :D

To be fair, so is Sabine. She's been portrayed to us as being more or less Nale's intellectual equal.

She's just Smart, Sexy and EVIL, while Celia is Smart, Sexy and Good. And, frankly, I think guys who judge by the heart rather than the brains (and bank accounts) *or* the boobs are the worthwhile ones.

Flak_Razorwill
2006-10-03, 07:32 PM
So...did he just roundhouse kick her out a window? If so, then I love this strip again.

Well...he could have just shoved her...

"Now you're a man...a man man man..."

skreweded
2006-10-03, 07:43 PM
Only four letters to describe Giants most recent bit of comics.

ROFL!!!

I know, it's weird. Why do we censor what we know is there? If anyone has seen jackass 2, I'm sure a few of you have, you may know about a censored scene, which was censored, because it would have been pornographic otherwise. If you didn't know what was going on behind that black block, you may need to head back to 5th grade for some education.

AyuVince
2006-10-03, 07:47 PM
Nice... strip. Hehe.

Why is it that evil women in the fantasy genre are equally beautiful as the good ones, but less clothed?

Natsilani
2006-10-03, 08:06 PM
Wow.. with one shot, I suddenly love Sabine and Roy. An excellent comic! ;D

epalmer
2006-10-03, 08:07 PM

I doubt that Sabine is dead just falling out the window (even though she has lots of damage.) I wonder why Roy didn't finish her off (you know, like in Star Wars III?)

Quaalsten
2006-10-03, 08:08 PM
[quote author=Flak_Razorwill link=board=comics;num=1159846653;start=180#184 date=10/03/06 at 19:32:48]So...did he just roundhouse kick her out a window?

Nope. Looks like he threw her the same way that he once threw a certain lich through a gate. Except that this time, a little ring that was once a piercing remained in his hand. :o Ouch ouch ouch ouch!

Flak_Razorwill
2006-10-03, 08:15 PM
Umm...that thing is her hair clip/scrunchie.

And I'll keep on imagining an awesome kung-fu kick.

"BYAAA!"
*Swish, CRACK*
"OW!"
*Woosh*
"KYEEESH"

Fillbert
2006-10-03, 09:39 PM
Nice... strip. Hehe.

Why is it that evil women in the fantasy genre are equally beautiful as the good ones, but less clothed?

How else are you going to tell the difference between good girls and evil skanks??

edit: JOY!!!! 50th post... and now back to our regularly scheduled banter

charik
2006-10-03, 10:47 PM
Just cause a guy doesn't go for the slutty demon chick means he's gay? The whole "I just tried to kill you and all your friends" part has nothing to do with it?
I'll cut him a little slack: it's possible that it's a reference to Julia calling Durkon a "gay catatonic dwarf" simply because he didn't drop everything to pay attention to her boobs.

If not, then it doesn't belong here.

rashambo
2006-10-03, 11:25 PM
Rich is on a roll right now. Im loving all these recent strips.

Blood
2006-10-03, 11:29 PM
I don't know how many times I've said it, but: OotS simply rocks!

Lexx
2006-10-03, 11:48 PM
Gotta hand it to Roy for not being taken in by Sabine's "you can do anything you want to me" routine. I guess his *AHEM* with the faerie in Azure city took the edge off, if you know what I mean.

Dawnstrider_Moogle
2006-10-03, 11:52 PM
So much hilarity, I'm not gonna try to cover how many times I laughed, so I'll just say:

the view in the third-to-last panel was a really nice change of pace from the usual angle. It would be great if the Giant did stuff like that more often.

Solmage
2006-10-04, 12:23 AM

I'll fall for it! Hey it' only a level, it'll grow back ;)

So hum... anyone know any really cute succubi that want to be defeated? 8)

radishlaw
2006-10-04, 01:33 AM
Actually I have a question regarding to the comic:
In 341, Roy entered the warehouse by the main entrance, which is on ground floor; in 343, Roy get smacked through a wall and down into another level. This should be a basement or something right?

Then in this comic, Roy threw Sabine through a window which shows the sky, which means it's above the ground.

So, given there has not been any changes to the background, Roy just grab Sabine, walk up a few levels and threw her out of the window?

Alangriffith
2006-10-04, 01:56 AM
Actually I have a question regarding to the comic:
In 341, Roy entered the warehouse by the main entrance, which is on ground floor; in 343, Roy get smacked through a wall and down into another level. This should be a basement or something right?

Then in this comic, Roy threw Sabine through a window which shows the sky, which means it's above the ground.

So, given there has not been any changes to the background, Roy just grab Sabine, walk up a few levels and threw her out of the window?

Reading previous posts makes Alan happy.

Question has been brought up earlier, answers included:

1) the warehouse being built on a slope (albeit quite a steep one)

2) The fight been going on for several minutes, involving lots of dodging, so they could have moved anywhere in the building

3) a combination of 1 and 2

radishlaw
2006-10-04, 02:40 AM
Reading previous posts makes Alan happy.

Question has been brought up earlier, answers included:

1) the warehouse being built on a slope (albeit quite a steep one)

2) The fight been going on for several minutes, involving lots of dodging, so they could have moved anywhere in the building

3) a combination of 1 and 2

Sorry, kind of skipped other replies when I read 4 pages of "Sabine is hot"...
Thanks for answering

tis_tom
2006-10-04, 06:07 AM
He should now throw an elephant on her with his bag of tricks ^_^ that'll learn her!

Cythraul
2006-10-04, 07:34 AM
That's about 50 strips covering about two weeks. If the flow of time is average across these strips (and it might not be due to the trial), that's a 25 strips to cover a week, or about three strips for each day that has passed. With 355 strips at 3 strips a day, that would make the whole adventure about three months long. But since everything goes at the speed of plot, I could be totally wrong.

I'm thinking that there is no linear relationship between the strips and time... as otherwise the fight scene that's been going on would have lasted about 1 week so far, rather than about 15 minutes or thereabout (esp since some of the scenes are presumably happening simultaneously!)

Perhaps time is measured by strip rather than any sense of days / months / years - especially referencing Roy in http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0349.html when he broke the 4th wall...

Or maybe I'm getting a bit geeky...

Serina_Spellbinder
2006-10-04, 08:19 AM
Time in OoTS passes at whatever rate Rich wants it to. It's like when Babylon 5 producer John Copeland (I believe that's who it was) was asked, "How fast do the spaceships in the series move?", his reply was "Speed of plot". Basically however fast or slow a ship has to move relative to what's going on with the rest of a given episode's story.

imageek
2006-10-04, 08:21 AM
DO NOT start a "they went down a level how come they`re up a level" we all know where that will take us ;D ;D ;D

Miklus
2006-10-04, 09:10 AM
To quote myself:

Chop someones head of: OK
Show a nipple: BIG NO-NO!

Someone answered:

That only applies to female nipples. We saw Elan's nipples when he was... invisible....

Also, the only beheadings in OOTS I recall off hand have been those of undead, or goblins. And we all know that goblins don't count, because they have green skin, and fangs, and we don't. (Oh, and the hydra. Same reasoning as the golblins, actually.)

I only wrote that comment because I just saw "Kill Bill" and I wondered if the producer really needed that much fake blood to tell the story. The entire movie was nothing but hacked off limbs and fountains of blood. And that is not the most violent movie to come out of Hollywood by far.

But I don't have any problem with the violence in OotS. It is cartoonish and there is no blood as far as I remember (exept when Belkar wrote on the wall). The characters just loose HP and regain them just as fast. Even the dead don't nessesary stay dead for long.

BunBunBot
2006-10-04, 10:36 AM
Time in OoTS passes at whatever rate Rich wants it to. It's like when Babylon 5 producer John Copeland (I believe that's who it was) was asked, "How fast do the spaceships in the series move?", his reply was "Speed of plot". Basically however fast or slow a ship has to move relative to what's going on with the rest of a given episode's story.

It's J. Michael Straczynski, actually.

DO NOT start a "they went down a level how come they`re up a level" we all know where that will take us ;D ;D ;D

I had to take the time to look for this one. Fortunately, it's one of the early ones. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0012.html)

KeiranHalcyon
2006-10-04, 11:33 AM
Someone answered:

That was me.

Yeah, Kill Bill had an excess of fake blood, to the point of being humorous. Personally, I think he was parodying certain animes. Kill Bill vol. 2 had a totally different style.

Cifer
2006-10-04, 11:43 AM
I mean, his conversation with Sabine has confirmed that she's deeply in love with Nale and devoted to him -- she wouldn't suddenly turn her back on that just because Roy beat her in a fight.
Well... shall we say probably-chaotic-evil-alignment? It's not exactly as if Succubi (or whatever fiend she is) are know for reliability...

What's with everyone thinking Roy was referring to anything other than all the times he pierced Sabine with that big honkin' greatsword he's carrying? That or maybe all the broken glass. It's the obvious reference, and a great play on words at that.
I'd rather go for the other "obvious reference". After all, this is still a comic making fun of D&D, and BoVD's "all evil girls have pierced nipples"-stance demands to be made fun of...

fangthane
2006-10-04, 11:52 AM
>.>
<.<
o.o

I dunno; looked to me more like it was a line denoting the underside of <ahem> stuff the censors don't like people to see. It's far too low to be a wardrobe malfunction proper unless Sabine's like one of the Girls of National Geographic.

Besides, if you look at her shirt in the same frame you'll note that the curve continues under the shirt. Just don't ask why I spent so much time and attention verifying this. ;)

bexie
2006-10-04, 12:25 PM
That's right Roy, knock her off her feet whilst she's...distracted...

I hope they're belly button piercings.... :o

Haarculaneaum
2006-10-04, 01:07 PM
Or just good old belly piercings.

Haar

Querzis
2006-10-04, 05:02 PM
I'm thinking that there is no linear relationship between the strips and time... as otherwise the fight scene that's been going on would have lasted about 1 week so far, rather than about 15 minutes or thereabout (esp since some of the scenes are presumably happening simultaneously!)

Perhaps time is measured by strip rather than any sense of days / months / years - especially referencing Roy in http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0349.html when he broke the 4th wall...

Or maybe I'm getting a bit geeky...

The fight began with Sabine attacking Roy and we know her enhancement spell stop in this strip. Those spell were one-minute-per-level duration so if you want to know how much time passed you just have to guess Pompey level.

EthanAlshire
2006-10-04, 05:24 PM
Roy's arm seems abnormally long in the last panel.

Otherwise, looks good.

Renegade Paladin
2006-10-04, 05:27 PM
I'd rather go for the other "obvious reference". After all, this is still a comic making fun of D&D, and BoVD's "all evil girls have pierced nipples"-stance demands to be made fun of...
How 'bout no? It was a self-evident pun.

Shea Landford
2006-10-04, 06:32 PM
And the peircing are.. AN OXYMORON!

Wait, what?

Excellent comic. You can do anything you want...

hat
2006-10-04, 06:47 PM
... wha?

LOL.

Yes, it definately means he is gay...and a wuss to boot.

He also probably plays Dungeons and Dragons ;)

Lord
2006-10-04, 07:58 PM
Uh dude the fact is that he has a girlfriend {AKA Celia} and Roy is not gay just because he didn't sleep with someone who smashed him through a wall, level drained him and assisted in the kidnapping of his sister.

Rygar
2006-10-04, 08:05 PM
Uh dude the fact is that he has a girlfriend {AKA Celia} and Roy is not gay just because he didn't sleep with someone who smashed him through a wall, level drained him and assisted in the kidnapping of his sister.
Your sarcasm detector is in need of routine maintenance

Lord
2006-10-04, 08:24 PM
Hey what do you think nail will think of her once he finds her shirtless in the street.

Nu
2006-10-04, 08:49 PM
Hey what do you think nail will think of her once he finds her shirtless in the street.

You'd think he'd be used to this kind of thing by now. I mean, she IS a succubus-like fiend-skank. When you're dating a demon(or devil, or outsider, something like that!) who trades sex for souls, there are a few things you learn to put up with.

Bilbo27
2006-10-04, 09:12 PM
Nice Piercings was cute. What was pierced I wonder????

Hyrael
2006-10-04, 10:14 PM
take a guess. we already saw her midriff pretty clearly in panel 9. She didnt take her skirt off. Put it together

Renegade Paladin
2006-10-04, 11:05 PM
Nice Piercings was cute. What was pierced I wonder????
Her entire body. By glass and greatsword blade.

Nightfall
2006-10-04, 11:21 PM
Gotta hand it to Roy for not being taken in by Sabine's "you can do anything you want to me" routine. I guess his *AHEM* with the faerie in Azure city took the edge off, if you know what I mean.

I disagree. Remember, Roy has an MBA. He thinks with more than just his "trouser titan". This would imply that Intelligence and Wisdom were not his dump stats, and he either has a high enough Will Save, or he put enough ranks into Sense Motive to overcome Sabine's Bluff check and guess what she was up to. Go, Roy! :)

Fuzzy_Juan
2006-10-04, 11:22 PM

Nail? Holy crap Rich is using Dragonball Z characters now? Awesome!

;D

TinSoldier
2006-10-04, 11:27 PM
Her entire body. By glass and greatsword blade. I'm pretty sure he was talking about body piercings. It seems to be a pretty common trend among the younger generation. Heck, even a lot of people in my generation have piercings!

Shatteredtower
2006-10-04, 11:50 PM
Looks like they'll be casting Janet Jackson in the role of Sabine if the movie ever gets made.

sakusha
2006-10-05, 12:30 AM
Looks like they'll be casting Janet Jackson in the role of Sabine if the movie ever gets made.

So wrong but soooo funny!

Solmage
2006-10-05, 01:56 AM
I disagree. Remember, Roy has an MBA. He thinks with more than just his "trouser titan". This would imply that Intelligence and Wisdom were not his dump stats, and he either has a high enough Will Save, or he put enough ranks into Sense Motive to overcome Sabine's Bluff check and guess what she was up to. Go, Roy! :)

Yeah but he doesn't have a sense motive :) (quoting Haley: "geez, grow a sense motive!") . So he likely made his will save.

Hehehe that answered that question!