PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder FMM in Pathfinder

DrMike105
2016-09-09, 09:06 PM
I really liked the flavor and feel of the Force Missile Mage (Dragon Mag. #328), and I'm trying to replicate that as best I can in Pathfinder. What I'm basically looking for is a way to optimize Magic Missile use by any class, making it one of my only damaging spells (maybe an AoE or two as well). The way it looks now is Orc-Bloodline Sorcerer 1 / Evoker Wiz. 19, but I'd like more than that. I know that the key in 3.5 was metamagic reducers, but those are few and far between in Pathfinder. Any ideas for classes, feats, or otherwise? Possibly ways to add an elemental descriptor?

Caveats: Pathfinder only. No 3.5/3.x, and 3rd-party material (i.e. Psionics) is iffy at best.

Thank you.

Desril
2016-09-09, 09:54 PM
Play a mythic game. Get the Orc Bloodline Arcana and the Blood Havoc Bloodline Mutation. Get Empower Spell.

Empowered Mythic Magic Missile at CL 9+ is then 3d4+7 per missile with 5 missiles for a total of 15d4+35 for a 3rd level spell slot.

Get to tier 4 and Augment it which boosts it to 10 missiles for a total of 30d4+70.

You're pretty much set by then.

DrMike105
2016-09-10, 11:14 AM
That would fit the bill, assuming my DM goes for it. It seems unlikely, however; I'm pretty sure it won't be a mythic game. Any other suggestions?

Edit: The more I look at it, the more it seems like the only way to make this work is using it as a carrier for metamagic debuff effects. Intensify spell might work, though, depending on how you interpret it; it doesn't do dice/level, but caster level does affect the number of bolts.

Arutema
2016-09-10, 01:17 PM
That would fit the bill, assuming my DM goes for it. It seems unlikely, however; I'm pretty sure it won't be a mythic game. Any other suggestions?

Edit: The more I look at it, the more it seems like the only way to make this work is using it as a carrier for metamagic debuff effects. Intensify spell might work, though, depending on how you interpret it; it doesn't do dice/level, but caster level does affect the number of bolts.

One of the staple debuff metamagics for force spells is Toppling Spell (http://www.archivesofnethys.com/FeatDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Toppling%20Spell). Multiple missiles means multiple targets you can attempt to trip with a single spell.