PDA

View Full Version : Paladin Cleric Build suggestions

ZhanStrider
2016-09-10, 05:44 AM
Okay. So, first question, is there a feat to let cleric and Paladin stack for smite or special mount purposes?
And follow up, any spell feat or item suggestions for a CG paladin (of freedom) 6/cleric 2 with Water and Plant domains

Thanks

ExLibrisMortis
2016-09-10, 08:04 AM
My suggestion would be to ask your DM for a Prestige Paladin of Freedom, avoiding the whole multiclass issue, and then adding two levels in a CG Ordained Champion variant, using that class' Smite variant, which is based on turn/rebuke level.

Now, that's quite a lot of adjusting and homebrew, so it may well be unavailable. In that case, there's Holy Mount, to stack levels for your mount, but nothing to stack Smite, I think.

Rebel7284
2016-09-10, 02:20 PM
I second Prestige Paladin if possible. Only for 1 or 3 levels though.

Ordained Champion, Fist of Raziel, and Ruby Knight Vindicator are all great classes for a Paladin-like cleric.

Alternatively, Paladin/Crusader into Divine Crusader is fine if you chose the right domain and/or can expand the choices later with Contemplative, etc.

Eldariel
2016-09-10, 02:32 PM
Okay. So, first question, is there a feat to let cleric and Paladin stack for smite or special mount purposes?
And follow up, any spell feat or item suggestions for a CG paladin (of freedom) 6/cleric 2 with Water and Plant domains

Thanks

There is indeed a feat to stack Paladin and Cleric levels called Holy Mount [Dragon #325]. Sadly that's all you've got and in a rather obscure source.

You could just go Cleric with a warrioresque PRC (e.g. Ordained Champion is an awesome Cleric-Pally) and pick up a Mount through e.g. Wild Cohort (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20031118a). Others suggested stacking the Mount abilities but honestly, you can get a Mount-creature as a Wild Cohort and it's gonna be just as good or even better. Ordained Champion can indeed Smite, for instance. Cleric 4/Ordained Champion 5 with a Heavy Horse as a Wild Cohort would probably be exactly what you want.

ZhanStrider
2016-09-10, 05:43 PM
There is indeed a feat to stack Paladin and Cleric levels called Holy Mount [Dragon #325]. Sadly that's all you've got and in a rather obscure source.

You could just go Cleric with a warrioresque PRC (e.g. Ordained Champion is an awesome Cleric-Pally) and pick up a Mount through e.g. Wild Cohort (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20031118a). Others suggested stacking the Mount abilities but honestly, you can get a Mount-creature as a Wild Cohort and it's gonna be just as good or even better. Ordained Champion can indeed Smite, for instance. Cleric 4/Ordained Champion 5 with a Heavy Horse as a Wild Cohort would probably be exactly what you want.

I'm already a paladin 6. I just get cool perks from my campaigns works for cleric stuff (1/day tidal wave if I'm near a body of water for instance) I HAVE To switch but I like having a horse

eggynack
2016-09-10, 06:11 PM
Do you have to put all future levels in cleric? A one level cleric dip is pretty great, though perhaps less great with the domains you seem stuck with, and then you can do other things. Y'know, paladin levels if that advancement means a lot to you, or some other melee class, because levels of paladin are a bit of a do nothing after a certain point.

ZhanStrider
2016-09-10, 06:30 PM
Do you have to put all future levels in cleric? A one level cleric dip is pretty great, though perhaps less great with the domains you seem stuck with, and then you can do other things. Y'know, paladin levels if that advancement means a lot to you, or some other melee class, because levels of paladin are a bit of a do nothing after a certain point.

My plan is to go cleric the full rest of the way, my DM has given them far more power than they really need, and it fits for the character I'm just scouting for options