PDA

View Full Version : Heartcleaver, Baphomet's weapon.

Darksidebro
2016-09-10, 06:47 AM
Hey all. Oota spoilers below.

I thought it'd be cool to leave Baphomet's weapon Heartcleaver behind when he gets banished. Just need help figuring out exactly what it does.

Heartcleaver is a Bardiche, like. Great axe polearm type thing. I was thinking when you attune to it you grow a huge set of twisted minotaur horns like the demon Lord and you automatically know your way through mazes and cannot become lost.

But other than that I'm drawing blanks on thematic abilities. Maybe it gives you a new bond/attitude like the EE weapons? Baphomet is all about retribution, so maybe something tied to that?

Any ideas are appreciated.

ChainsawFlwrcld
2016-09-10, 12:32 PM
Hey all. Oota spoilers below.

Baphomet is all about retribution, so maybe something tied to that?

Any ideas are appreciated.

On receiving a critical hit from an opponent Heartcleaver triggers a Hellish Rebuke at 2nd level?

Tarvil
2016-09-10, 01:21 PM
Well, according to Baphomet's statblock in Fiendish Codex: Hordes of the Abyss, he wields Glaive of Wounding +2. Wounding weapon deals 1 CON damage on hit (bleeding) and doesn't work on creatures immune to criticals (plants, constructs etc.).

So, in 5th ed, I'd go with something like this:

+2 Glaive
Wounding: Creature hit with this weapon take additional 1d8 necrotic damage. The target's hit point maximum is reduced by an amount equal to the necrotic damage taken. The reduction lasts until the target finishes a long rest. The target dies if this effect reduces its hit point maximum to 0.

Creatures without working circulatory system (plants, constructs, most undeads) are immune to this effect.

Darksidebro
2016-09-10, 07:37 PM
Well, according to Baphomet's statblock in Fiendish Codex: Hordes of the Abyss, he wield Glaive of Wounding +2. Wounding weapon deals 1 CON damage on hit (bleeding) and doesn't work on creatures immune to criticals (plants, constructs etc.).

So, in 5th ed, I'd go with something like this:

+2 Glaive
Wounding: Creature hit with this weapon take additional 1d8 necrotic damage. The target's hit point maximum is reduced by an amount equal to the necrotic damage taken. The reduction lasts until the target finishes a long rest. The target dies if this effect reduces its hit point maximum to 0.

Creatures without working circulatory system (plants, constructs, most undeads) are immune to this effect.

That's pretty awesome. Thanks for checking your book! I'll probably go with that.

DragonSorcererX
2016-09-10, 10:25 PM

Circulatory system, what is this? Sci-fi?

Tarvil
2016-09-11, 01:08 AM
Circulatory system, what is this? Sci-fi?

I know that in 5th edition you can infect skeleton with disease causing severe bleeding, but that's damn stupid.:smallbiggrin:

DragonSorcererX
2016-09-11, 03:30 PM
I know that in 5th edition you can infect skeleton with disease causing severe bleeding, but that's damn stupid.:smallbiggrin:

It's magical, the same way that exploding the head of a vampire will not make him lose his memories when he regenerates it back.