PDA

View Full Version : Scion RPG questions

VenomTongue
2016-09-10, 07:31 AM
So I am playing in a Scion game and I am playing a Scion of Anubis. I got relics to use so I started collecting the Millennium Items!!! Or I would have if we weren't so low level and copywrite wasn't a thing so I have the Centennial Items!!
Any way for my Centennial Eye I was trying to find the rules for mind reading. Does anyone know where they are?
Also Telepathy is defined as thought projection in this game. So it's not that.

JeenLeen
2016-09-12, 10:44 AM
Note: you might get more responses if you report your thread to ask it be moved to the "Older D&D/AD&D and Other Systems" subforum.

It's been a while since I read the Scion books, but if there are rules, it's probably in some power you can get from a domain or as a magic spell. I could see actual mind-reading not being something until Demigod. My recommendation is to read through all the powers you can get and see if something is similar, and work with the GM to figure out what's appropriate (i.e., do they roll Willpower to resist, can they tell it's happening, etc.)

It might also be a trick (feat? whatever they are called) you can learn via Epic Perception or another epic trait ('read the mind' by noticing facial expressions and such with a divine level of skill), so look in those rules as well.

Anonymouswizard
2016-09-12, 12:18 PM
Mind Reading isn't really a thing in Scion 1e (and 2e isn't out yet). There may be an Epic Perception Knack that makes it look like you have it (because you can take any Knack at any time), but no actual mind reading.

Scion is mythic, and so the powers reflect that over superpowers. This creates a fact that, compared to White Wolf's Superhero game Aberrant, Scions begin out weaker and with less direct powers but peak at a higher level. Look at the Hero-level Fire powers, they go fire immunity to keeping a fire burning indefinitely, to look out of any fire he can see and is maintaining.

Now, a Relic can have powers not granted by Boons. Each dot a relic puts towards a power is equivalent to one dot in a Boon's rating, so expect a relic that can read someone's mind to have a rating of 4 or 5 (which is very powerful, meaning you'll likely have to go on an epic quest just for it, or otherwise pry it from some powerful being's cold, dead hands). This is, strangely, more dots than would be required to control someone's actions (which can be done with a Cheval 3 Boon), although such a relic might eat Legend if you don't want the drawbacks of the Cheval line (one target at a time, less awareness of your actual location).