PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Need A Quick Bounty Hunter Build

Palanan
2016-09-10, 09:11 AM
I need a bounty hunter that would be a challenge for a first-level party. They are heavy on melee, with only a couple spellcasters (magus and inquisitor) and they'll also have a little help from a couple townsfolk-types.

Game is later today, so I'm feeling the time pressure. I'm open to material from the CRB, APG, ACG and any of the common or featured races from the ARG.

Jormengand
2016-09-10, 09:49 AM
Bounty Hunter
Human slayer 1
N medium humanoid (human)
Init +3, senses perception +5
AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+4 armour +3 dex)
HP 7 (1d10+2)
Fort +4 Ref +5 Will +1
Speed 30 ft
Melee greataxe +2 (1d12+1) or machete +2 (1d6+1)
Ranged composite (+1) longbow +4 (1d8+1)
Special Attacks: Studied Target
Str 13 Dex 17 Con 14 Int 10 Wis 12 Cha 8
Base Attack +1 CMB +2 CMD +15
Feats: Point Blank Shot, Far Shot
Skills: Climb +3, Knowledge (Local) +4, Perception +5, Sense Motive +5, Stealth +5, Survival +5
Languages: Common
Gear: Greataxe, composite (+1) longbow, chain shirt, machete, survival gear worth 60 gp.

I figure that with a party of mostly melee characters, it should be relatively trivial to challenge them with a hidden archer who also has a greataxe if they find her.

Palanan
2016-09-10, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the fast work on the statblock, I appreciate it.

I should've mentioned the party won't be the bounty hunter's target--they'll come across the bounty hunter threatening someone else, so everyone will be out in the open.

Jormengand
2016-09-10, 10:59 AM
Have the bounty hunter use the battlefield intelligently. If she wins initiative against anyone with a melee weapon, she can hurtle up a ladder/tree/whatever without taking an attack of opportunity otherwise she can try to tank the one AoO or withdraw. She then stands at the top so that it's difficult to get into melee range of her without leaving yourself vulnerable by climbing. Alternatively, as one normally would when outnumbered, she can just run away at top speed, leaving anyone in armour heavier than light (or any dwarves or small creatures) with a problem, and then find a place to snipe them from.