PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on build idea.

Sir cryosin
2016-09-10, 10:33 AM
So one of my favorite classes I have played in any game has always been the necromancer from diablo 2. We are starting a new campaign and my dm is letting me play a death cleric as the raven queen as my deity. Now I know wizards necromancer and oath breaker can buff your undead but they don't have the other spells I want to make this feel like diablo 2 necro. So my guiding Bolt I'm retexting as the bone spear spell. Spirit Guardians as bone armor that spins around you. Chill touch as the necro teeth spell thanks to death domain 1st lv ability. Now what want people's advice on this next part. In diablo 2 I used the mage skeletons now you can't do this in d&d but I was thinking of getting a couple of magic rings made. Were they have a couple of charges and they can cast a cantrip. The cantrips I'm looking at are firebolt, acid splash, Ray of frost, and shocking grasped. Now can I have skeletons use magic rings to cast cantrips?

Lollerabe
2016-09-10, 11:00 AM
You can't play a d2 necro without corpse explosion though!

Grod_The_Giant
2016-09-10, 11:04 AM
So one of my favorite classes I have played in any game has always been the necromancer from diablo 2. We are starting a new campaign and my dm is letting me play a death cleric as the raven queen as my deity. Now I know wizards necromancer and oath breaker can buff your undead but they don't have the other spells I want to make this feel like diablo 2 necro. So my guiding Bolt I'm retexting as the bone spear spell. Spirit Guardians as bone armor that spins around you. Chill touch as the necro teeth spell thanks to death domain 1st lv ability. Now what want people's advice on this next part. In diablo 2 I used the mage skeletons now you can't do this in d&d but I was thinking of getting a couple of magic rings made. Were they have a couple of charges and they can cast a cantrip. The cantrips I'm looking at are firebolt, acid splash, Ray of frost, and shocking grasped. Now can I have skeletons use magic rings to cast cantrips?
I don't see why not, though you'll need your DM's permission to make custom magic items. Alternately, you could hand out Wands of Magic Missile, which has no requirements for using.

Aaron Underhand
2016-09-10, 11:14 AM
Rings of spell storing, with chromatic orbs...

after all you can only attune to three yourself...

Sir cryosin
2016-09-10, 11:31 AM
You can't play a d2 necro without corpse explosion though!

Only spells that would fit that bill would be shatter, fireball, thunderclap, Glyph of warding, but I don't have them in spell list of they take to long to cast. You could set up a Glyph of warding on a dead dead body but it takes a hour to cast it. But that would be cool to.delayed fire ball fits the bill perfectly but to high of a lv I'll never get.