PDA

View Full Version : Elan really needs a cloak

silvadel
2007-07-08, 01:59 PM
Not only would it look "cool" for him but it would definitely denote his new status as a competant PC and fit in very well with his dashing swordsman class.... Everyone also knows a cloak on a major character gives similar benefits to having a name for a minor character.

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-07-08, 02:12 PM
Not only would it look "cool" for him but it would definitely denote his new status as a competant PC and fit in very well with his dashing swordsman class.... Everyone also knows a cloak on a major character gives similar benefits to having a name for a minor character.

He HAD a cloak when he was just a bard. He got the new clothes after he broke out of jail. And started becoming slightly competent!

Haley is the one who needs an art upgrade... She's been wearing the same thing since the beginning. I'm really hoping the next part of the story arc is a "pirates" theme, so she can change her clothes to something more comfortable.

Belkar too...

BardicLasher
2007-07-08, 02:12 PM
More importantly, it'd give him +2 or +4 charisma!

de-trick
2007-07-08, 02:22 PM
he should get a dueling cloak

Chronos
2007-07-08, 06:15 PM
I'm really hoping the next part of the story arc is a "pirates" theme, so she can change her clothes to something more comfortable.And lie around in a hammock! (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0121.html)

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-07-08, 06:35 PM
And lie around in a hammock! (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0121.html)

Actually, several members of the Order will need art upgrades if they go on a sea voyage. Roy and Durkon will probably have to drop their armor since falling overboard in a suit of steel leads to drowning very quickly. Haley looked pretty good in that pirate costume, but she will probably drop the hat. Elan looks good as is in his Dashing Swordsman outfit (although, knowing Elan he will add an eyepatch, but keep forgetting which eye to cover!).

Vaarsuvious has no reason to change, and Belkar? Hmmm... I have no idea if Belkar would need to change, or have any reason to. He doesn't seem to wear armor, he doesn't worry about fashion, and he doesn't look like the type willing to change his look to impress anyone.

RAGE KING!
2007-07-08, 06:58 PM
elan should get a cloak that wants to eat non-spellcasters...there was a guy in one of my games who had a cloak like that...it kept trying to eat our barbarian in his sleep (that was me)

Kurald Galain
2007-07-08, 07:01 PM
Edna: November 15th of '58! All was well, another day saved, when... his cape snagged on a missile fin!
Bob: Thunderhead was not the brightest bulb...
Edna: Stratogale! April 23rd, '57! Cape caught in a jet turbine!
Bob: E, you can't generalize about these things...
Edna: Metaman, express elevator! Dynaguy, snagged on takeoff! Splashdown, sucked into a vortex!
Edna: No capes!

Scatman
2007-07-08, 07:46 PM
You are awesome simply for making an Incredibles reference.Or he could have a cannibalistic cloak that eats other cloaks...
BEWARE SUPERHEROES!

de-trick
2007-07-08, 07:50 PM
yeah, but think of Durkon, since he follows the dwarfs fears of trees i wonder if he as the same fear of water thats so popular.

He'll be sitting in a life boat with 3 life jackets on rocking back and forth scared of the water and wearing water wings

Capt'n Ironbrow
2007-07-09, 05:37 AM
..... and Belkar? Hmmm... I have no idea if Belkar would need to change, or have any reason to. He doesn't seem to wear armor, he doesn't worry about fashion, and he doesn't look like the type willing to change his look to impress anyone.

Balkar has shown an interest in Fashion, Fancy Giant Hawk feather in a white hat, the head of Yikyik as a headdress too. As long as it does not involve shoes, I think Belkar can be quite fashionable, and if not to impress, he will do it to upset other people (like the Koboldcap he made out of Yikyik), especially Roy and Vaarsuvius.

BisectedBrioche
2007-07-09, 07:57 AM
elan should get a cloak that wants to eat non-spellcasters...there was a guy in one of my games who had a cloak like that...it kept trying to eat our barbarian in his sleep (that was me)

This post has brightened up my day, not that its been too bad.

Goofy
2007-07-09, 09:05 AM
They should do a pirate theme and V should start showing some leg!

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-07-09, 09:53 AM
Pirate theme, yes, since I think that's where the story is going next.

V showing some leg? What if V is male, and has uber-hairy legs? As in hairier than Ansom's chest? Or worse, female, with hairy legs, worse than Ansom's chest hair?

Eeeewwwww!!!!!

Alysar
2007-07-09, 10:04 AM
Did Indiana Jones need a cloak? Did the Dread Pirate Roberts need a cloak? Did Robin Hood need a cloak?

NO CAPES! (er, cloaks)

Kreistor
2007-07-09, 11:06 AM
A cloak that can snag on broken windows that he smashed through? Heck, no!

Dusk_Rider
2007-07-09, 12:18 PM
Nah, he looks kewler without a cloak. I think Belkar would too. And he should have kept the Roc feather. Actually, that might fit Elan better, 'cuz he's supposed to be flashy and stuff.

Strengfellow
2007-07-09, 04:01 PM
Elan needs a cloak.

If only to wrap it around Haley when she is cold, or indeed as an excuse to snuggle.

Now I ask you, what kind of dashing bard would allow his lady friend to shiver?

Nary a one, thats the answer you were looking for.

I rest my case.

Nalyd
2007-07-09, 04:49 PM
V is the one that needs an art upgrade, in Nalyd's opinion. The robes need to be darker.

Duke Malagigi
2007-07-09, 05:07 PM
Elan needs a cloak.

If only to wrap it around Haley when she is cold, or indeed as an excuse to snuggle.

Now I ask you, what kind of dashing bard would allow his lady friend to shiver?

Nary a one, thats the answer you were looking for.

I rest my case.

Nor should any decent paladin allow his lady friend to shiver in the cold. In fact the mind sets of paladins and bards are rather similar in my opinion.

mockingbyrd7
2007-07-09, 11:25 PM
I'd prefer just a longer coat, like a trenchcoat, that flows behind him. He'd look really sweet.

Ithekro
2007-07-10, 12:11 AM
Why do I think of Zorro for this thread. Maybe Nale will have the black thing with cape going on next time we see him.

Ralfarius
2007-07-10, 12:41 AM
V showing some leg? What if V is male, and has uber-hairy legs? As in hairier than Ansom's chest? Or worse, female, with hairy legs, worse than Ansom's chest hair?

Eeeewwwww!!!!!
Being an elf, male or female, V's legs would probably be silky smooth. And trim!

Haedrian
2007-07-10, 04:16 AM
Being an elf, male or female, V's legs would probably be silky smooth. And trim!

A male elf is an oxymoron....

Ralfarius
2007-07-10, 12:04 PM
Elves have males, as they don't reproduce asexually. However, a masculine elf could be considered an oxymoron. At least, in the same way people consider military intelligence an oxymoron.