PDA

View Full Version : Black Crusade in Old World IC

DrK
2016-09-11, 10:43 AM
The Empire Must Fall. Let the Lords Of Chaos Rule

http://www.beastsofwar.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Archaon-Art-2.jpg

The storm of chaos is over. The armies of Archaon dispersed and the northern provinces of the Empire lie in ruins. But the battle is far from over, chaos never rests.
In one corner of the Empire a rag tag band of cultists still dream of the Empire in Flames and have set out on a quest to seek glory from Chaos and bring the Empire of man to its knees...

http://www.gitzmansgallery.com/maps/Map-Wasteland-1.jpg

The past two months has been challenging for the followers of the Dark Gods. By the walls of Middenheim the hordes of chaos were shattered. However hundreds of warbands have been cast adrift in the Empire and some, like you, have their eyes on conquest for the dark gods.

For some like the Bray herd you've raided, despoiled and fled armoured knights in the flight/movement to the Bitter Moors where you can raid both the men of the Empire and the rich horse pastures of Bretonnia. Others have drifted here or like Hrala have been stranded after their long boat was holed and forced ashore near Almshoven.

Now it's time to strike back, on the barren coast road by the wild grey waves of the Sea of Claws lies a coaching inn. None of you know the name but all can see the walled compound perched on the high cliff from where you are hidden inland amidst some humped ancient barrows. The inn is full,most importantly with 2 local Knights that have been hunting you all with a firebrand priest of Sigmar and a posse of road wardens and Men at Arms.

http://rs5.pbsrc.com/albums/y187/Ursca/Mount%20and%20blade/Stock%20images/Town%20concepts/CoachingInn.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

Space Lawyer
2016-09-11, 08:41 PM
Karok watches the inn, quiet fury burning in his eyes. Tonight, they would hear the screams of men and women, their blood spilling into the sea and skulls added to Karok's collection. Khorne would be most pleased.

He looks to the herd's shaman for guidance. "Commune with the gods and cast your witchery. Now is the time to attack. We will set their inn ablaze, and slaughter them as they flee."

Gunhaven
2016-09-12, 06:09 AM
Gustav found himself looking down at the inn with a grin normally reserved for madmen. Slowly his vision broke from the building and settled on the six humans that followed him. The mutations they were blessed with since Nurgle came to each one of them in their own times with some, like his brother Albrecht, had them since birth while others, like Jarla, were blessed when Chaos invaded. What bound them instead was a love for Papa Nurgle and a belief that the suffering He brings is the greatest gift of all. So they wandered and spread what diseases they could to those they visited.

Eventually they found both other cultist to Papa and those that instead turned to His brothers. Without questioning it they joined the rolling mass of chaos, doing what they could collectively do to insure the continued marching of the warband. Their latest target caused some excited murmuring among the seven, paused when the call for blood was made. Siegfried, former human that he was, separated from the cliche and cleared his throat. He then, somewhat shyly, said "Excuse me, sirs. I would like a chance to spread one of Papa's gifts. There's a reason I don't touch our food, Brother Gustav knows that all too well, but they don't. If we can give them the Trots before we fight then we'll be able to pillage even easier."

Bottle
2016-09-12, 07:26 PM
Isaac had been in a terrible mood since losing their target along the coastal road. He would send word to his associates in Bretonnia to be on the lookout for the man, but did not like to having to admit his failure. He was glad now to have stumbled across this warband. Perhaps the fight to come would cheer him up.

He and his group were standing slightly apart from most of the Beastman, and Isaac has his hood down to mark him visibly as a mutant. Although he had spent enough time with such creatures to be comfortable with them, there was no guarantee that they trusted him. Still, they could be useful to have around. The priest and his companions were in for a nasty surprise.

To the follower of the Plague God. ’An excellent idea. No reason to make it a fair fight.’ And it might make it easier to take one of them alive.

DrK
2016-09-13, 01:48 AM
From quarter of mile away the tall walls and the flickering oil lamps are a lone island of civilisation on the otherwise bleak bitter moor. You can see the stable yard packed with horse flesh, the smell of it making Karok and the other gor's stomachs to rumble. The hunting was scarce on the moors and the gaves and bray had begun to look worried about cookpots.

From your perch you can see a narrow platform on the walls with a hunched and miserable looking soldier cradling a crossbow on each corner. A pair of guards on the gate, one with a long lantern pole, the second with a crossbow.

Bearon
2016-09-13, 02:16 AM
Magnoth was eager to rid himself of the threat of the knights and priest. The longer they let the three live, the more bodies they can rally to their cause.
"Agreed. Sickening our quary will only be a boon. How do you plan to reach their food without getting caught? As Karok says, we can use fire force them out of the inn, though we should wait until they've all gone to bed without their armor, hopefully ill as well."

Space Lawyer
2016-09-13, 07:52 AM
The call of war sounds in Karok's mind . . . but he was no mere berseker. The herd had gors for that. He was a warleader, favored by Khorne, destined to bring ruin to at least this small part of the world. "Very well, mmmm, Gustav. You and the other humans, go spread misery among the inhabitants. When you are prepared, set the stables on fire. We will attack then."

WarTortoise
2016-09-13, 09:27 AM
Bhark stood amongst them. Watching and listening. His four arms fingering the many weaponstraps his full plate armor sported. His thick blond beard tied together in one long braid.

"Let's try not to burn too much of the ale, lads." He said with a deep Norsca accent.

"Me boys need t' fill their spirits with song and blood, wine and pleasures."

He looked back at the wretches left over from his warparty. Five reavers, who had started to mutate since they ran into the priest of nurgle and his men here.

Bhark had convinced them it was a blessing from the gods, but he knew they had their doubts. These men needed some well deserved pillaging.

"Besides.." He added. "This place would make a sweet foothold."

Gunhaven
2016-09-13, 03:17 PM
With a nod, Gustav looked at the mass of the happy little chaos worshippers and let out a merry chuckle. He called out ”Volo? Hrala? Isaac? Frank? Any of you, or perhaps others wish to join us? Albrecht, my brother, I fear you must wait for them to retrieve their gifts.” His voice is too cheerful, even if he genuinely believes being a mutant is the best thing. He and Siegfried gather up their trappings before they separate from the larger pack and begin to slowly work toward the fortified inn, pausing a hundred feet off until everyone else who looked normal enough was gathered and ready to begin the task of blending in like nothing was wrong.

Bottle
2016-09-14, 11:44 AM
Isaac will pull up his hood to cover his face. 'I will come along. Orc will stay out here.' He will then pat his bodyguard on the arm and gesture at his two mutant followers. The Orc will grunt and move over to stand beside them. Then he will wave over to the two humans who were with him. 'You two come with me.'

Isaac has enough warts to get armour (Corruption p.54), so he probably looks like a mutant if you see his face

WarTortoise
2016-09-14, 01:36 PM
As the mutants made their way down towards the inn, Bhark moved over closer to Karok and the others.

"We'll need to get some people in place to deal with those crossbowmen and gate-keepers. As soon as they find out what the deal is with those uggo's over there.. they'll close the gates and those boys will be done for."

He looked around.

"Did any archers survive the trip?"

DrK
2016-09-14, 04:17 PM
Gustav and a few of his followers and the hooded Isaac walk down to the road before turning North and trudging up the road towards the Inn. As you approach through the gloom some 50-60 yards from the gate both the guards straighten and you can hear a sharp Reikland accent. "By Ulric's white furred balls who is out there in the witching hour eh?" Come forth into the light, lets' see who we have here eh? Even as he speaks he gestures with his lantern pole and behind him the gate opens, light pouring out from the courtyard behind where Gustav and Isaac can see a long string of horses and at least half a dozen more guards and the faint sound of ribald singing and laughing from within then tavern.

-----

On the barrow mound Kharok and Magnoth can see their bray herd in the dip between the barrows. Big muscled beasts fighting, butting heads or eating their own feces as they ready for battle. They are hungry, and primed for violence. THe reavers following the 4 armed dwarf seem far more organised, checking their armour and sharpening weapons as they also ready themselves.

For follower trappings just use the basic trappnigs provided by their basic careers

Gunhaven
2016-09-14, 05:07 PM
With a smile, showing off his missing upper right canine, Gustav approaches as if nothing is wrong. His voice remains cheery, calling out "Hail! We are but travelers wishing to get out of this accursed dark. Do you have room for our band?" He had no worries with the light, having specifically asked for any humans or human looking mutants to accompany the band. So he strode confidently towards the gate, his smile remaining plastered, as he seemed genuinely happy to be here. Behind him Siegfield followed, gloves covering his only gift from Papa, and they paused long enough to confirm that they're human enough, before they walked right on in as if nothing was wrong.

Space Lawyer
2016-09-16, 07:24 AM
Karok fights through the violence clouding his mind to think of strategy. "We must attack from all sides. If they attempt to flee in one direction, they will simply run onto our blades. If they attempt to stand, we will stab them in the back. Dwarf, take your band and go around to the other side. When the fire starts, we will draw their attention so that you may come upon them without warning."

WarTortoise
2016-09-16, 08:15 AM
Bhark responded simply by stepping back and walking away. His four hands signaled his reavers to follow, stay low and stay quiet.

Bhark didn't take kindly to being ordered around, but he was in no position to challenge Karok right now.
His time would come, Bhark thought while looking forward to the bloodshed and the ale.

They circled the building with a wide movement and waited in the darkness.

Deadline
2016-09-16, 02:16 PM
I'm going to go ahead and drop a post in here even though I haven't heard back on my PM to DrK. If it turns out Volo is out, I'll happily delete the post. :smallsmile:

Gathered with the surviving warbands on the moors, the Heralds of the Patient Scourge stood silently watching the old coaching inn. Volo mused on why the Raven God had guided him to these desolate moors as he watched the various warbands discuss their plans and strategies. He paid particular attention to the huge beastman Karok. It was unusual to see a follower of Khorne who tried to plan ahead. He could be counted on to slaughter any in his way once the fighting started, as could any who followed his god of course, but Volo made a mental note to keep an eye on the Gor for the future.

When Gustav asked if he would accompany him, Volo shook his head. "Nay. Such an undertaking should be done by a small company, and it would seem that you have more than enough that are up to the task." He was glad his helm hid the expression of disgust on his face, as the true reason he did not wish to accompany the plaguebearer was simple revulsion. Still, he could not let his personal concerns interfere with the destruction of the Knights that had doggedly pursued them. "I will, however, take my warband and stand with your mutants so that we may lay in wait down the road and out of sight to ensure that we can ambush and ride down any who might escape once the fighting begins as we join the fray."

As the warbands prepare to move out to cut off the road on one side of the coaching inn, he hears the exchange between Karok and Bhark. Satisfied that the road on both sides of the coaching inn will be covered and that no avenue of escape remains to their soon to be victims, Volo leads his warband to make ready near Gustav's mutants.

DrK
2016-09-17, 05:13 AM
The guards at the gate look at Gustav and the others before waving them in. "Enter then and cause no trouble. There is my master staying and he will not tolerate disrespect. Watch your tongue."

As the gates open and you shuffle in you can see the yard is busy! Maybe 6 horses are tethered in the yard by the wall and Gustav and Isaak can see mwn in the stables, lanterns illuminating men, at least a dozen, rolling dice and tending to leather jerkins or sharpening weapons.

From inside the inn room you can hear the sounds of talk and bad singing. As Gustav pushes open the door the room within silences as all turn to face the new arrivals. The tap room is busy with travellors and soldiers. The room centred on a pair of impressive looking tall men with regal bearing and fine if travel stained robes and large broadswords at their waist. On the stage a busty wench sings badly as a pair of soldiers play a drum and stringed banjo.
--------

Outside and unseen in the darkness mutants, reavers and beastmen slowly file down from the barrows shuffling closer and creeping through the low bracken and moorland shrubs

In the dark you can easily get to about 100 yards before you would have to start making tests

Gunhaven
2016-09-17, 01:51 PM
Siegfried looked at the inn before he whispered to Gustav "I'll find the kitchen, brother." From the group Siegfried half-stumbled toward where the kitchen should be. Gustav nodded once before he opened the door, a silent prayer to Nurgle that His faithful would be able to spread His gift on his mind. The sudden silence from the barroom is somewhat concerning as Gustav smiles brightly at everyone present. He says cheerfully "Brothers and sisters, do not mind us. We are but travelers." He walks over to the bar and says in a more normal tone "An ale to start off the night if I might."

WarTortoise
2016-09-18, 07:04 AM
Bhark gives the signal to hold. His men are in place, and he's getting anxious. He's looking at the two men he can see on the corners with their crossbows.

They would be their biggest problem right from the get-go.

He's pondering his mens lack of firepower and starts looking for ways to get onto the walls instead.

Sinpoder707
2016-09-18, 01:55 PM
( Sorry, I didn't see the IC was posted)

Ivan, or how he goes by to everyone else, Frank walked in behind the Nurgle follower. He smiled as he pulled off his hood, and he put his staff against the wall as he started to talk to the barkeep and everyone at the bar. Ivan could be one of the most charismatic of the group, and he was not even sure if they knew that he followed the Lord of Destiny but that was all the better.

As he started to talk around, he wanted to see how many people he could get drunk and get some of the better secrets. He bought several people another round, and he said to anyone that asked I had a very good harvest this year, and I figured after I lost my wife to bandits I don't have anyone else to spend this money on so I might as well spend it on you guys He knew that he would not need to pay this after they were done with it, so it didn't really matter. As he tried to get as many occupants drunk, it would make it easier to take them later for their own purposes.

[roll0] TN: 40 + (misc mods given to the lie)

No one believed my ****ing lie about my wife dying to bandits, god damn it :@

DrK
2016-09-19, 05:07 PM
Even with the poor lie the soldiers ignore Frank as he speaks about his wife. Only one if the nearest poitning to the corner, "Stay clear of me Lords or we'll stake you to the gate. No one gives a goblins wet **** about your problems. ". Ignoring the rest the men go back to their drinks calling for the women's off key singing to continue.

One of the wenches approaches, " Be a shilling fer you and yer friends to stay in the common room. Two pennies fer the fish stew or a penny a flagon." As she takes the order she heads to the door at the back and you can see a bustling kitchen with maybe 4 women working hard over the stove and kneading bread for the morning. A door just visible through the kitchen leading back to the courtyard and the outhouse.

-----

In the moors Bhark the reavers and the beasts are poised ready in the darkness to strike when they receive a signal of sorts...

WarTortoise
2016-09-21, 05:59 AM
Bhark moves past his modest line of warriors, whispering orders. On his signal, three of his men are to sprint forward and serve as boosts under at the wall to help the other two and himself climb on top of the wall.
After that, everyone left on the ground is to slaughter whoever comes their way and make sure they have an exit should it come to a retreat.

Sinpoder707
2016-09-21, 12:45 PM
Ivan sighed as he realized that everything kinda went to **** with his lie, but that didn't really matter as he took a seat and asked the women for some food, and possibly some bread if they had it. Ivan could really go for some bread if at all possible. As he looked around and he then stood up and walked into the back, as if he tried to find the bathroom. Once he reached a place, he would take a look around and see if he could find any near by guards before looking up at the stars and trying to act normal as he did his spell craft.

Sounds: Cast Number: 4 Aim: Pissed off Bear, or something worse, on the opposite side of the camp from where our horde is

[roll0]
[roll1]

IF Tzeetch Curse: [roll2]

As the spell went off he quickly realized that he somehow managed to channel too much of the Warp inside of his mind and he felt his magic start to slip away from him for a moment. Then the sound of a bear roaring could be heard loudly throughout the camp, and Ivan would turn around and run back inside, as if he was running away from the noise.

Gunhaven
2016-09-22, 12:19 AM
From the back door Siegfried entered the kitchen and promptly began to stumble about with his gloves off. He made sure to touch just all of the things with his greasy hands, bumbling about like a fool, and saying with the slur of a drunkard "****...Sorry...Pardon me...****..." When he finally left the kitchen he stumbled into a wall before he made his way into the larger room. Gustav meanwhile slapped down a pair of shillings and said ”Four fish stews, four flagons of ale, and that board for us then!" The Devote of Nurgle had no reason to worry about the fact that Siegfried hopefully managed to just dirty all of the food in the inn.

Space Lawyer
2016-09-22, 09:33 AM
Karok looks toward the inn, wondering at the commotion. "What is happening over there? Did that fool dwarf start the attack already?"

DrK
2016-09-25, 06:02 AM
In the Inn Siegfried touches breads, pastries and a hainch of meat and manages to drool and spit into the sauce. Then he meets the wrath of the pair fat frumpy cooks who with ladels and rolling pin unceremoniously send him back to Gustav's table as the flagons of (surprisingly good) ale have arrived!

Even as the drinks arrive the music cuts off as a roar echoes in the night! Guards look at the two nobles, one nodding and curt order "May be a bear, send out 4 men to walk the perimeter, make sure you choose sober ones".
The guard nods and salutes before walking out into the courtyard.

----

Outside the Inn the beasts and men wait in the darkness the air to the rear of the inn is torn by a roar! A large sounding beast. Guards shift and twitch and go the rear off the inn someone throws a burning log out into the darkness where it smokes and lights up only moor....

A minute later 4 men with chain mail, blades in hand and torches in the other move nervously out of the gate. They circle East coming closer to where Bhark and his men wait.

By Karok the smell of man grows stronger as the nearby beasts start to get restless with the waiting..

Karok/Magnoth
- some form of command or intimidate to keep the bray herd in line

Bhark
- conceal for you and your fellows as they approach

Space Lawyer
2016-09-25, 06:47 AM
Karok steps before his herd and grips his mighty axe in both hands, a clear reminder of the price of disobedience. "You will fall silent! In but a few minutes, there will be much flesh to feast upon! You will strike down our enemies as they lie sick and burned. But for now, we wait for the humans to finish their work." Despite this, he too was growing impatient. Where was the fire? How long did it take to spread Nurgle's slime to the rest of the weak humans?

Intimidate: [roll0] vs 75

WarTortoise
2016-09-25, 09:19 AM
Bhark curses silently under his beard as the situation unfolds. The last thing he needs is attention his way. He ushers his men low and silent while he too slides behind a rock.

OOC:

Do you want me to roll for each of them separately or would just the one roll do?

[roll0]

Should by some chance, they be discovered.. Bhark will urgently whisper-shout to the search party: "Get down you fools! There's a huge angry wild bear on the loose, were trying to catch it but it just went around the inn towards the front!"

Gunhaven
2016-09-25, 07:40 PM
Gustav shares a brief bout of chuckles with Siegfried, almost as if they were a pair of school boys sharing in some petty secret. The duo then sipped the ale as if nothing was wrong, even if they knew in time that it would no longer be safe to consume the food. After his flagon of ale, Siegfried grinned and leaned back a bit too far as he purposefully lost balance. As he fell he brushed against the next person's food with his bare hand, then added "Shorry, friend. Drinksh shronger than ushual." He stumbled to his feet and attempted to take his seat again.

Sinpoder707
2016-09-25, 08:51 PM
As Ivan looked and saw the guards start to move around, he realized that his plan may not have gone exactly has he had hoped. He was hoping they would be going away from his friends, not towards them but I guess it was better that they were going into them rather then us coming to them. Ivan simply sat there and drank his ale as he waited to start hearing people screaming which he know was going to happen here soon enough, even as his head was ringing from Tzeentch 'gift'.

Deadline
2016-09-29, 02:21 PM
Out in the shadowy gloom of the moors, Volo quietly rides past his warband quietly issuing orders. "When the moment comes, Albrecht, you will pin down the crossbowman at that corner while Gerard and Volkmar hoist Johann and Guntbert into a position where they can climb to the platform he is on and kill him. That is your foothold. Albrecht and Guntbert are to shoot any of Sigmar's fools from that high ground while the rest of you pour down into the compound and open the main gate for Karok's beastmen. Ida, you will accompany Avelina and ride down any who try to flee. I will go where the Changer of Ways guides me."

When the roar of the bear echoes into the night and a small group of armed men is sent out a back entrance to investigate, Volo gives a signal to remain still. "Steady!" he hisses as quietly as he can, "We don't make our move until the stables are in flames or the others attack."

DrK
2016-09-29, 03:18 PM
In the inn room Gustav and his colleagues watch happily as men guzzle the warm stew that has been blessed with nurgle's touch. Whether they survive tonight or not surely they will regret things in the morning! The inn itself is nice and warm and homely. One of the guards turning to look at Gustav, "Hey you. What brings you here then? The road on the bitter moors is pretty remote and with recent battles its been dangerous. Have you seen anything dangerous?"

---------

On the moors the 4 guards pause in the gateway, clearly nervous on the moors with only the lantern poles for comfort. As they move to circle around the inn they slow near the small mounds near Bhark the 4-armed dwarf and his reavers. One of the men pauses waving the lantern towards Bhark. "Lads, you see anything by that bush?". One his mates looks at the patch of darkness where one of the reavers is crouched. "Hope its not a Taal cursed bear thats for sure. Sounded like a big bugger.". The other men nod as all four make sure weapons are in hand, 2 with lantern poles and blades, two cradling crossbows. All 4 walk towards the reavers, in seconds you will be discovered for sure!

WarTortoise
2016-09-29, 03:49 PM
Bhark looked up and loudly whispers to the guards coming his way.

"Get down you fools! There's a huge fracking bear on the prowl!"

He pointed not to where the guards came from, but the opposite direction.

"It went that way, but with you idiots sauntering about it'll sure come back."

Bhark krept down again out of the light.

"We made a beeline for the inn, we figured we'd be safe there. The stupid beast must've followed us. Tell me, did my mates get there yet? About four of em I recon."

As soon as the guards seem to not believe Bhark, he'll just go: "Screw it boys.. Get em!" and charge.

Gunhaven
2016-09-29, 04:20 PM
Gustav answered the question with a grin and said in his consistently cheerful voice "Why it's unsafe for us to be travelling at night, yes brother? We still thought, perhaps, that we could travel for further. It's a good thing we entered the safety of this inn though!" He took a bite of his food and chewed it while maintaining his cheerful appearance. Siegfried meanwhile continued to keep an eye out to see who failed the initial tests against his gift, knowing that it mattered little if they could fight off the initial bout and only suffered for a day instead of five.

Sinpoder707
2016-09-29, 10:09 PM
Ivan simply drank his beer, untouched by the Nurgle people as he watched to make sure his plan went well and the guards were properly distracted and that seemed to be the case.

DrK
2016-10-03, 04:28 PM
In the Inn

As the guards settle slightly, happy that the others are heading out on patrol and that the bear hasn't roared again the mood lifts in the inn room. It changes moments later as two of the guards in the corner suddenly up and sprint towards where the toilets are located. The sound of horrible retching and other toilet related noises emitting forth shortly afterwards suggesting that it may be wise to give it a wide berth for some time.

Outside

The 4 guards look at the patches of darkness before the two with lanterns freeze. A mutter "You, get out the shadow. You've got till three before we fire the cross bows". The two with cross bows levelling them at the revears in the shadows. The other two with lanterns walking forwards before spying the reavers and the squat dwarf. "By Sigmar. Sound the alarm"

Go go reavers

Gunhaven
2016-10-04, 02:59 PM
With a grin, Siegfried struggled to his feet and stumbled his way out, randomly touching other food items as he made his way out. Once free of the door he spun around and threw up on the side, forcing himself if he had to complete the illusion of a drunkard. With a deep breath he righted himself and made his way slowly to the stables, putting his gauntlets back on as he made his way to the second part of the plan.

WarTortoise
2016-10-05, 03:18 PM
Weapons drawn, and crouched like predators.. the reavers needed little encouragement. A shrug and a nod of approval from Bhark was all they needed.

With sudden and deafening roars from the top of their lungs, they moved as one. Their nasty faces and sharp weapons lit up under the torchlight and with reckless abandon they charged the men sent out in the night to investigate.

Bhark himself ran up to the nearest man started to hack into him with a deep hatred and fury while screaming his words of war.

"Blood!!! For the the glory of the gods!!!"

DrK
2016-10-07, 02:01 AM
On the moor

The two guards with crossbows criuch, taking aim and loosing bolts as the reavers spring forward out of the shrubbery. The two with lantern poles dropping the poles and swinging their blades as they close on a reaver and Bhark. The shouting and a chant for the Blood God reaching the walls as the guards at the gate stiffen and look alarmed.

Two reavers stagger back as one takes a crossbow to the leg, the second coughing up blood as he drops to his knees, a crossbow buried up the feathers in his chest!

Guards with bows [roll0] TN48 [roll1]
Guards with bows [roll2] TN48 [roll3]

Guard vs reaver
Defensive stance [roll4] TN38 [roll5]

Guard vs Bhark
Defensive stance [roll6] TN38 [roll7]

On the inn there are a few looks at the sound of retgchibg but no other sounds enter the inn room. Siegfried vomiting outside hears the shouts of "Blood for the blood God" followed moments later by the clash of steel as you realise that the sight may have started early!

Space Lawyer
2016-10-12, 04:23 PM
Karok hears the commotion from the other side of the moor. It seems that the plan had not survived contact with the enemy. Karok rallies the herd. "The humans have been weakened! They are trapped here, and it is here that we will take their lives! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! ATTACK!"

Karok, at the forefront of the herd, charges toward the inn!

Deadline
2016-10-20, 05:35 PM
As Karok's herd charges the gates, roaring exhortations to their god, Volo raises his hand and signals his warband. He waits briefly for the beastmen to draw the crossbowman's attention, and then signals his warband to set about their plan quickly and quietly. As they begin moving forward, he turns his steed and loops around to line up a lance charge on the other crossbowman on his side of the inn. As soon as he does so, he spurs his horse forward. He utters no battlecry as he does so, but mentally dedicates their coming victory to the Changer of Ways.

Albrecht moves up and begins firing his crossbow at the guard at the corner nearest to the front gate and Volo's warband. Gerard and Volkmar move against the wall and hoist Johan (the 3 armed pit fighter mutant) and Guntbert (the Smuggler) up so that they can assault the crossbowman in melee. Then they will climb up to the platform as well. Ida and Avelina remain on horseback and stay relatively near Volo.

Albrecht's Crossbow shot (Aimed) (Target 41 - BS 31 + 10% from aim): [roll0]
Damage (if it hits): [roll1]

Charge attack with Lance (Target 59 - WS 49 + 10% from charge): [roll2]
Damage (if it hits): [roll3] or [roll4] (Impact, roll twice and choose the better of the two)

DrK
2016-10-21, 03:25 PM
Outside the Inn

Outside the Inn its a nightmare for the guards by the gate and those on the gate towers. Crossbows twang loudly and shouts of alarm go out as crossbows are hurriedly reloaded and fired again at the tide of some two dozen hulking beastmen racing towards the inn. Out on the moor the 4 guards battle Bhark and the reavers, their faces paling as the two men at the rear glance at the wave of beasts rising from the hummocks behind them cutting off any retreat and probably sealing their fate! The guards on the towers and the men at the gate all have time to snap off maybe two shots each before Karok and the fastest of the hooved beasts reach the now sealed gates and the 4 men left stuck outside! The crossbowman in the towers are very good shots, 2 of the beastmen falling as bolts slam into the heads and necks, Karok seeing the black blood suspects one of the herd is definitely dead as a pair of bolts jut from his follower's horned helm.

On the Western wall Volo spurs his horse forward as his men follow, only a couple of bolts tracking them in their mad dash across the dark moor as they slam into the palisade, Guntbert and Johan climbing on their backs of their fellows to scramble into the tower as they cans e the swirling panic in the in courtyard!

Some rolls to gauge effectiveness
[roll0] TN 42 dam [roll1] against TB/AP ~6 on average
[roll2] TN 42 dam [roll3] against TB/AP ~6 on average
[roll4] TN 42 dam [roll5] against TB/AP ~6 on average
[roll6] TN 42 dam [roll7] against TB/AP ~6 on average
[roll8] TN 42 dam [roll9] against TB/AP ~6 on average
[roll10] TN 42 dam [roll11] against TB/AP ~6 on average
[roll12] TN 42 dam [roll13] against TB/AP ~6 on average

Vs Volo and his mutants
[roll14] TN 42 dam [roll15] against TB/AP ~4 on average
[roll16] TN 42 dam [roll17] against TB/AP ~4 on average
[roll18] TN 42 dam [roll19] against TB/AP ~6 on average

In the inn shouts of alarms go out as men scream a warning. The two nobles leaping to their feet, both shouting for the "thrice dammned armour" as a horn sounds in the courtyard. Outsie Siegfreid can see men retching and soiling themselves even as they struggle to find their shields and axes, maces or blades.... Its clear that the two dozen or so men are readying for battle as the roar of charging beasts can be heard outside the walls and a clatter of hooves can be heard as the crossbowman at one of the towers ducks back and a lance head streaks past glittering in the flames.

Space Lawyer
2016-10-22, 02:43 PM
Karok directs the warband to attack the unprepared warriors in courtyard as he charges towards the tower. With a mighty leap, Karok jumps straight from the ground to the tower, landing in front of the undoubtedly horrified crossbowmen. Their surprise would be short-lived, however, as Karok attempts to cut them in half!

Karok can make the jump because of Powerful Legs.
Crossbowmen need to test will for Unsettling and Fear.
Initiative: [roll0]+52
Swift attack, probably against surprised opponents given that I just jumped from the ground to them.
Attack 1: [roll1] vs. 54
Damage: [roll2]
Attack 2: [roll3] vs. 54
Damage: [roll4]

Gunhaven
2016-10-24, 08:54 PM
With a sigh, Siegfried realized perhaps too late that the party was done. He stumbled his way over to the gate and fiddled with the lock. After all, it would be best to be with his brothers and sisters instead of stuck in the inn. Assuming he could get the gate unlocked he helped get it open so that the horde can more easily get in and murder the unfaithful.
Gustav slowly got out of his chair as the inn erupted in chaos and slipped out. Amidst all of the insanity of the battle, the jolly man was fairly hard to concentrate on. In an out of way place he ducked to the side and blew a spark from his hand toward the stables to start the fire going. Hopefully it would be the case that it would begin to burn sooner rather than later.
Within the horde the remaining six followers of Nurgle surged with the rest of the followers. They didn’t see a strong desire to risk their lives when there are plenty of other people to serve as meatshields. Still they moved to prepare to invade the courtyard when such an opportunity presented itself.
Casting Burn (212 Tome of Corruption), using Dark Magic.
[roll0] vs 4, catching a target on fire in [roll1] rounds if successful.
Here's two separate dice rolls instead of that 9. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=21333391&postcount=39)
If doubles: [roll2]
If doubles for manifestation: [roll3]
Probable random d10 of junk: [roll4]

DrK
2016-10-30, 05:09 PM
In the tower the beast's surge forwards as the veritable wave of beasts slam into the half dozen guards standing in front of the locked gates. At least one the men falls to the savage axes of the beasts converging on them as the others are outnumbered two to one, their backs to the wooden palisade as they cry to the colleagues on the inside for help! Atop the tower Karok leads from the front, powerful mutant legs bounding onto the palisade and his massive axe cleaving down twice, the first blow battering the man bloody before the second blow tears his chest in two, bloody top half of the torso splatting down into the courtyard below! The other two crossbowmen on the palisade drop their bows drawing a cleaver and blade respectively as they flank and assail the beastmen champion.

Two men Vs Karok on the gate tower
[roll0] TN 42 dam [roll1] (inc. strike MB)
[roll2] TN 42 dam [roll3] (inc. strike MB)

Other rolls....
Beasts (assuming all out attacks/outnumber)
[roll4] TN ~72 dam [roll5]+4 (choose the best one)
[roll6] TN ~72 dam [roll7]+4 (choose the best one)
[roll8] TN ~72 dam [roll9]+4 (choose the best one)
[roll10] TN ~72 dam [roll11]+4 (choose the best one)
[roll12] TN ~72 dam [roll13]+4 (choose the best one)
[roll14] TN ~72 dam [roll15]+4 (choose the best one)

Gate guards
[roll16] TN 35 [roll17] parries [roll18] TN 35
[roll19] TN 35 [roll20] parries [roll21] TN 35
[roll22] TN 35 [roll23] parries [roll24] TN 35
[roll25] TN 35 [roll26] parries [roll27] TN 35

On the east side a pair of crossbow twang after the mounted knight as in the chaos of courtyard, a chaos made worse by the smoke rising frmo the thatch as Siegfreid starts his fire the mutants from Volo's band dropping over the wall unseen in the chaos landing in an ungainly heap behing a refuse wagon shielded by the stench of manure and the heavily laden wooden wagon.

Vs Volo [roll28] TN 36 dam [roll29]
Vs Volo [roll30] TN 36 dam [roll31]

In the courtyard men shout and roar seeking to find courahe within themselves. In the chaos all of the nurgilites are ignored. Only 1 solider glancing around at them, "You'd best find a weapon lads. when the beasts break down the gate they'll be trying to kill us all...." The soldiers start to assemble into a crude pair of ranks facing the gate, swords and shields in the first rank and a mix of halberds and crossbows in the rear rank depending what can be found by the men. Inside the inn the pair of knights can be heard readying themselves but worryingly to Siegfreid's witch sight he can see swirling winds of magic, glowing with the strands of fire as a caster of sorts readies for war. Perhaps the priest of Sigmar that they spoke of is more than just a simple friar!

Space Lawyer
2016-10-31, 05:01 PM
Karok attempts to dodge the first blow, but the little man is too quick. His feeble strike only succeeds in cutting into Karok's jack, only to be rebuffed by the thick skin beneath. The other attack whistles harmlessly through the air.

The beastman grins, a frightening visage of madness and bloodlust. "Not good enough. Now, see how to kill your enemy the right way!" Karok swings his axe again, a whirling fury!

Attack 1: [roll0] vs. 52
Damage 1: [roll1] or [roll2]
Attack 2: [roll3] vs. 52
Damage 2: [roll4] or [roll5]

Gunhaven
2016-10-31, 10:40 PM
Siegfried nodded at the man’s call for arms, finding a comfortable place in the back as he got out his bow and knocked an arrow. Hopefully his attempt to dislodge the door would go unnoticed and he’d be able to join his brothers and sisters soon in spreading this pox to these newest disciples. He timed his attack, waiting patiently until chaos was truly within the courtyard, before he decided to attack.
I guess technically Ready the below if the guards engage others in combat so it isn't super obvious he's not on their side.
Half-Action Aim: +20% (due to having Sharpshooter)
Half-Action Attack [roll0] vs 62
Damage: [roll1]
Ammo Left: 19

Gustav meanwhile had no knowledge to worry about. The fire was started in the stable, his Papa’s gifts were spread to some of the warriors so that they would be weaker against his comrades, and the sounds of combat filled the night sky. So instead he swayed through the chaos and drew closer to further flammable objects as he did his damnedest to make this night burn bright before anyone thought to stop him.
Half-Action Move 4 squares away from wherever he was to get to another part of the stables.
Half-Action Cast Burn again!
Casting Roll: [roll2]
If doubles: [roll3]
If doubles again: [roll4]

Second fire in: [roll5] rounds.
First Fire in 3 rounds.

Sinpoder707
2016-11-06, 12:47 AM
Ivan looked at the person who was clearly a magic user, and he realized that this was going to be a problem... a huge problem. Ivan closed his eyes and pulled energy from the Warp as he flicked his wrist as he attempted to make a magic dart appear out of his wrist. The dart appears and slams into the back of the other spell caster as he attempts to end that man quickly before he can do any real damage to his comrades in arms.

Casting roll [roll0] +20 due to talent
[roll1] Magic Dart Target Number: 6
If works, 3 damage

DrK
2016-11-06, 04:48 PM
Atop the gate one of the men shouts out in fear at the massive beast that had cleaved his friend in half and then seconds later landed a brutal blow hacking into the other man's right leg. THe unwounded man leaps down from the gate tower into the courtyard as the beating of axes upon the door begins. Atop the tower the last man, blood streaming from his wounded leg lunges desperately at Karok with his blade in what he must know will be a feeble effort to take down the bestigor.

unwounded withdraws
wounded attacks [roll0] TN 52 dam [roll1]

By the gate axes and blades meet, draw blood and then hack down horribly once more as horns are lowered and raised sheathed in blood. Even as one beast lies downed at the gate, another two with wounds the 6 men are horribly outnumbered by the onrushing horde of beastmen and the sheer number of axes and horns leave all the humans butchered on the floor as the gates heave and shudder as the beasts on the door lay into them with axes.

Inside the courtyard more flames and sparks explode from the thatch of the barracks as the flames begin to catch. Gustav crouching behind the line of soldiers who pale and trembling in the courtyard at the sounds of roaring and braying from the other side of the gate. Siegfreid can't get to the bars of the gate without being in full view of the men who are focused on the gate but can easily drop to the side behind a barrel and in the chaos looses an arrow at one of the men running around, the man limping as he looks around for the source of the arrrow.

Challenging (-10) awareeness [roll2] TN 21

By the inn door the priest of sigmar replete with hammer glowing with holy fire strides out accompanied by the pair of young knight errants who have managed to mounta plate chest plate over the chain mail, both with their heavy blades in hand stand ready with a couple of men with them. THe priest of Sigmar's voice booms "Men of the Empire. Stand firm! Faith in Sigmar will preserve you. Stand firm no matter what comes through the gate!" The words cut out slightly as from Ivan's hand a bolt of blackness shoots forth slamming into the priest with the force of an arrow.

Should be [roll3] for a Str 3 hit

Atop the towers more men fire crossbows at the other attackers gathering outside as the soldiers can feel the panic starting to spread as smoke rises and the shouts and terrified screams of the inn staff and patrons can be heard adding to the noise!

Deadline
2016-11-07, 05:54 PM
As the Gors begin hacking the gate apart, Volo's warband continues its assault. As he rides past and misses the crossbowman in the tower, Volo can feel the heavy impact of a crossbow bolt on his armor. Thankfully, the bolt simply embeds itself, but doesn't cause injury. Volo wheels his steed into another charge and steadies his lance yet again. In the other tower, Johan and Guntbert, having climbed onto the battlement, both draw several wicked looking blades and advance on the crossbowman. Johan smiles and rumbles, "Your life is over this night boy, but maybe your faith will preserve your corpse." Then he sets about his grim work.

As Johan weaves a deadly web of steel with his three arms, Guntbert lashes out with his blade, hoping to find an opening. On the ground outside, Albrecht reloads his crossbow while Gerard and Volkmar begin scaling the wall to join Johan and Guntbert.

Johan's attacks
Attack 1: TN 31 [roll0]
Damage 1: [roll1]
Attack 2: TN 31 [roll2]
Damage 2: [roll3]

Guntbert's attack: TN 31 [roll4]
Damage 1: [roll5]

Charge attack with Lance (Target 59 - WS 49 + 10% from charge): [roll6]
Damage (if it hits): [roll7] or [roll8] (Impact, roll twice and choose the better of the two)

Space Lawyer
2016-11-08, 12:57 PM
Karok swats away the off-balance lunge, laughing cruelly. "You have shown spirit! This will commend you to Khorne! Know that you die with great honor, while your cowardly companion will have only shame at his end!" The axe howls through the air . . .

Swift Attack 1: [roll0] vs. 54
Damage 1: Greater of [roll1] or [roll2]
Swift Attack 2:[roll3] vs. 54
Damage: Greater of [roll4] or [roll5]

So first one just barely misses, but that second one activates Ulric's Khorne's Fury for a total of 23 (easier to add than bother to reroll)

Gunhaven
2016-11-13, 09:44 PM
Siegfried knocked another arrow and let loose a prayer to Nurgle before he let it loose at a separate guard, weakening as many as he can to offer the Khornites the opportunity to get the killing blow. With the arrow shot he ducked behind his barrel again to avoid any unwanted attention.
Half: Reload Bow.
Half: Attack again! [roll0] vs 42
Damage: [roll1]
Ammo Left: 18

Gustav meanwhile decides to spice things up a bit as he moves around to a separate portion of the inn, far away from the Priest and his lackeys. With a snap and wave of his hand he attempts to first create a blue flame in his hand and following it with a bat at some flammable portion of the building. Worst case scenario everything burns down, best case he can convince some of the unblessed to accept Chaos into their lives.

Half: Move around a bit.
Half: Cast Magic Flame using Dark Magic. [roll2] vs 3.
If doubles: [roll3]
If doubles again: [roll4]

First Fire in 2 rounds.
Second Fire in 9 rounds.

Albrecht takes the opportunity to duck next to the gate as his throat begins to feel like it's bubbling. With a hack and a cough he sent a ball of acid into one of the towers with a crossbow man so that hopefully no further damage could be done. Then he ducked next to the wall to try and avoid any sort of retaliation while he felt the bile reform. The remaining four meanwhile remained bunched around the foul stench, even for a horde of beastmen, and prevented those who favor khorne from being effected by it.

Half: Move up near the wall.
Half: Breathe Fire mutation, doing "acid" to keep with the theme.
Attack: [roll5] vs 31
Damage: [roll6] that bypasses armor but not toughness.
Recharge: [roll7]

Sinpoder707
2016-11-15, 10:25 PM
Ivan points his finger back at the priest as he keeps trying to kill this person with his dart spell. He was only just missed casting the spell as he felt the spell slowly drift away of him.

Casting [roll0] +20
[roll1] Target Number: 6
Damage: [roll2] Strength 3

DrK
2016-11-19, 05:39 PM
Atop the tower Karok cuts down the last of guards, blood and body parts flying everywhere and raining down on the terrified line of men that are splintering as the ones by the east wall can see Volo's small band of men leaping the fence and fighting a few of the men. More breaking of as they see magic forming around Ivan and Albrecht breathing a stream of acidic bile that melts part of the corner tower as the crossbowman fire at near point blank range into the mass of fur and horns below!

Ivan in the corner of the courtyard is chased down by a pair of soldiers as he see's the priest of Sigmar gesturing at him, red fire beginning o form in wisps of smoke around the priest's hammer as he bellows the men to hold firm as the gates shatter and crack, likley only holding a few more seconds as the score of beastmen batter at them, horned heads appearing over the walls as others scarmble up the backs of their friends. Near the gate Albrecht is cornered by a solider with a scream of "mutant" as he batters with sword and shield at Albrecht. Ducking down in the shadows and smoke of the now burning barn Gustav himself is hidden from the view by the swirling smoke. Outside riding behind the mass of beasts Volo once more spins his horse around and charges the tower but the crossbowman drops from view to reload, the lance burying itself into the wooden palisade

For Volo's men as they drop over the wall another couple of guards join the battle further weakening the line as a other throw a couple of javlelins and archers fire a vertibale fusilade of arrows at the towering beast champion atop the gatehouse now coated with blood. Both the knights striding into the centre of the line, broadswords and shields in hand as they lead their men from the front - one pointing at Karok, a curse on his lips as he challenges the beastman champion.

Guard vs Albrecht [roll0] TN 38 Dam [roll1]

Guards vs Ivan [roll2] TN 48 Dam [roll3] [roll4] TN 48 Dam [roll5]

Guards Vs Volo's growing posse [roll6] TN 38 Dam [roll7][roll8] TN 38 Dam [roll9][roll10] TN 38 Dam [roll11][roll12] TN 38 Dam [roll13]

Bows vs Karok atop the gatehouse
[roll14] TN 33 Dam [roll15]
[roll16] TN 33 Dam [roll17]
[roll18] TN 33 Dam [roll19]
[roll20] TN 33 Dam [roll21]
[roll22] TN 33 Dam [roll23]
[roll24] TN 33 Dam [roll25]

The gates will break open next turn releasing the beastmen into the courtyard!
Remeber you can make dodge rolls!

Space Lawyer
2016-11-22, 10:25 AM
Karok's uncannily swift movements allow him to evade one of the on-target arrows, but two more bury themselves into his torso. He grunts in pain, his armor and hide unable to stop the shafts completely. Such small things will not stop him though; he sweeps the arrows out of himself with a single motion and leaps down into the courtyard.

He rises up to his full height, bellowing loudly. In his rough command of the language of men, he says "You fight in the cowards way, seeking to wound me before battle!?! Fight me evenly, champion! I demand your healer, or your own wounding!" Karok knew well the central place honor was given in a knight's mind; the champion would either agree, or shame himself in front of his men. "This is between us; your lackeys will not interfere!" He glares fiercely at the soldiers.

Fear 5 tests for everyone.
Intimidate: [roll0] vs. 75

Gunhaven
2016-11-26, 12:26 PM
Albrecht looks surprised at being called a mutant by the guard and calls out ”I have simply received the blessings of Papa! You too can join our merry band!” Amidst his laughter at his joke his stomach begins to rumble before he lets out a loud belch, followed shortly by a stream of corrosive vomit right onto the poor man’s face. He then prepared to skedaddle, holding his iron sword with some hesitation.
Half: Corrosive Vomit! Recharging in [roll0] rounds!
Automatic Damage 2 hit (so [roll1] yes?) that bypasses armor.
Half: Parrying Stance
4 more rounds for Breathe Acid.
Siegfried curses his luck as he reloads the bow and decides to change places to see if he can’t get a better shot in the future. He keeps an eye on the gate, hoping he can aim and hit someone while they’re in the midst of combat as opposed to pissing themselves in terror at what’s about to come.
Half: Move to another location.
Half: Reload Bow. Still 18 shots left.
Gustav chuckles as the fires start to catch and slowly spread throughout their given locations. He looks up at Karok’s display of fear and smiles as he decides to make the inevitable retaliation hopefully more entertaining. He whispers sweet nothings as he continues to move about the chaotic courtyard, hoping to cause the priest to spew up some vomit instead of trying to rally the troops.
Half: Move around some more.
Half: Cast Spew on the Priest.
[roll2] vs 3
If Doubles: [roll3]
If Doubles Again: [roll4]
If the spell is cast then the priest must make a toughness test. If he fails that then for the next [roll5] rounds he throws up a little bit of vomit and takes a -10% penalty to fellowship tests since he’s a sick man.
First Fire next round,
Second Fire in 8 rounds,
and Third Fire already started.

Deadline
2016-11-28, 04:42 PM
As the beastmen begin breaching the front gate and Karok leaps to the courtyard below, Volo's force continues to press the attack. Gerard and Volkmar finish scaling the battlement and draw their swords and aid Johan and Guntbert, who continue slashing at the crossbowman. Volo wheels his steed around once more, but this time halts it beneath the guard platform. He stands on his saddle and pulls himself to the platform while Albrecht provides covering fire from outside the walls.

Johan's attacks
Attack 1: TN 31 [roll0]
Damage 1: [roll1]
Attack 2: TN 31 [roll2]
Damage 2: [roll3]

Guntbert's attack: TN 31 [roll4]
Damage 1: [roll5]

Albrecht's Shot (aimed): TN 41 (31+10 from aim) [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]

Ride up and pull himself to the platform, drawing his sword and readying his shield if possible.